• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

maomaoIYP

Oh my god. Everyone in the arena is using that binoculars speedhack now.
I'm not even angry because it's hilarious to watch. Some of them fell to their death because they didn't evaluate well their dash.
This is making the PvP unplayable though and needs a patch ASAP.

Yeah, I guessed right this was going to happen.

NEO0MJ

Picked up a Barbed Club (Flexile Sentry soul) to go with my spiky / bleeding funbuild, and it's so weird - it actually _gains_ physical and bleed damage when infused with an element. Hits like a truck in PvE, though range and speed perhaps isn't optimal for PvP but I pull it out when my opponent has had enough of my wild whip flailing. Finding the dragon bones to upgrade it with early on is a bit tricky though.

I was disappointed by that weapon, it's so tiny :(

Firebrand

Oh gosh, I actually found a world to invade with the blue crystals... and I won!

Do I keep covenant progress if I switch covenants before ranking up at an NPC?

Kind of a pisstake that the only str scimitar in the game is one I can only get 1 of per play through.

Does Bonfire Ascetic reset vendor stock?

TnK

So, this giant dragon, do you fight him later on?

it's nothing too fancy, typical souls side quests, but i liked it

i wish souls games had more of these things, like the whole thing with pate and creighton and the scorpion man and all that

well personally i think it's just not as good as the other two, even if it's very enjoyable.

whole game felt underdeveloped, like every boss and every area are too short or too simple or too easy. i also didn't care at all for the world being like a "fake demons souls" thing with barely any connection between areas

it's still a pretty good game, it was just weaker in areas i think are pretty key

I haven't played DaS, so I can't judge. At the start the areas felt boring, but now, they are actually quite nice, though a bit stale.

TheBear

Is there a reason why my character has just gotten slow all of a sudden?
I picked up the drangleic armour and i noticed I was moving a bit sluggish, so i dumped all the heavy stuff in the item box, but I'm moving pretty slow, even without any gear. My equipment load is like 20% or something but it feels slow, but I'm not fat rolling.
What am I missing here? my vitality is only at 4, should it be higher?

Firebrand

Is there a reason why my character has just gotten slow all of a sudden?
I picked up the drangleic armour and i noticed I was moving a bit sluggish, so i dumped all the heavy stuff in the item box, but I'm moving pretty slow, even without any gear. My equipment load is like 20% or something but it feels slow, but I'm not fat rolling.
What am I missing here? my vitality is only at 4, should it be higher?
Movement speed* is based on your equipment load. In particular, over 70% and you start "fat-rolling" (you'll feel the rumble in your controller).
(* Actually, I'm not sure if the walking speed differs like it did in DS1, as long as you don't move over 100%.)

And yes, if you want to carry big weapons and heavy armor, putting some points into vitality isn't a bad idea.

You can carry as much you like in your inventory without any penalties.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
btw why is everyone having like ********* in their names? like i get if a couple guys name their characters fuckmuncher9000 but it feels like 90% of the people i run into have asterisks in their names

Censor is relative instead of exact. "hell" gets censored even if it's like "hellodolly"

So it becomes "INVADED BY DARK SPIRIT ****odolly!"

The Ancient Dragon in Dragon Shrine?

But you can't summon for that fight, yeah?

TnK

Beat the game. Really fun. A weaker game compared to Demon's. but still a blast to play.

I don't think I want to go through NG+ though. If anything, I want to play Demon's Souls NG++ lol.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
You know what, fuck the drakekeeper's shield. If you're going to place such a stupidly low drop rate on incredibly rare enemies (3 in the entire game?), then it's not worth it. I've already used to many bonfire ascetics, I'm not going to make it even worse for myself just because of nonsense like this. The area is at bonfire intensity 5 and I've been killing the sword+shield enemies with every item drop-rate increasing equipment and rusted coins for hours now. Not a single shield, multiple of everything else.
Uh...you know they respawn without bonfire ascetic until you farm them to extinction...right?

Leunam

Beat the game. Really fun. A weaker game compared to Demon's. but still a blast to play.

I don't think I want to go through NG+ though. If anything, I want to play Demon's Souls NG++ lol.

It might actually be worth going through NG+ at least one time. I don't think the first two souls games changed anything in NG+ but DSII adds a few things.

1.4m soul memeory and noone is summoning me for twin dragon riders (NG).

What gives, am I too high?

First time I've had trouble getting summoned on a boss. Would be shame to stop my streak of getting summoned at least once on every summonable boss.

Edit: oh, finally got one, after a 15 min wait.

Also, double (normal) axe PVP is sooo much better w/o power stance, lb, rb, lb, rb stun lock spam is better when whatever else they do in PS.

TnK

It might actually be worth going through NG+ at least one time. I don't think the first two souls games changed anything in NG+ but DSII adds a few things.

What are the added things? Also, if I leveled up my sword to +10, and my strength is almost 45, will I have a really hard time in NG+? How is the damage scaling? In Demon's, you could upgrade your weapons with the colorless soul, and if you make the weapons to +5, they become completely overpowered.

1.4m soul memeory and noone is summoning me for twin dragon riders (NG).

What gives, am I too high?

First time I've had trouble getting summoned on a boss. Would be shame to stop my streak of getting summoned at least once on every summonable boss.

Edit: oh, finally got one, after a 15 min wait.

Also, double (normal) axe PVP is sooo much better w/o power stance, lb, rb, lb, rb stun lock spam is better when whatever else they do in PS.

That's strange, I think I had higher soul memory and got summoning sings very easily.

cjsnapp

Neo Member
Without giving too much away, at what point are you guys getting your weapons fully upgraded? I'm around
Sinner's Rise and Huntsman Copse
and am only rocking a Broadsword +5 as I haven't come across all that many Large Titanite Shards.

Mistel

Banned
You know what, fuck the drakekeeper's shield. If you're going to place such a stupidly low drop rate on incredibly rare enemies (3 in the entire game?), then it's not worth it.
Did you farm them with item discovery gear on? Even without I got a few of them. They also respawn to without ascetic.
Without giving too much away, at what point are you guys getting your weapons fully upgraded? I'm around
Sinner's Rise and Huntsman Copse
and am only rocking a Broadsword +5 as I haven't come across all that many Large Titanite Shards.
Old ironclads drop them mine were +10 by harvest valley.

You are all talking about
Vendrick
and I realized that I beat him just after beating
Velstadt
, with only one giant soul, got hit only once, but almost killed me.

I thought there was another harder encounter, further on, or something lol

Leunam

What are the added things? Also, if I leveled up my sword to +10, and my strength is almost 45, will I have a really hard time in NG+? How is the damage scaling? In Demon's, you could upgrade your weapons with the colorless soul, and if you make the weapons to +5, they become completely overpowered.

I may have overplayed the changes, but there are more Black Phantoms everywhere, and bosses like Lost Sinner and Mirror Knight have additional phantoms.

I got through most of NG+ with a +10 Heide Knight sword at 40 strength and no sorceries, miracles, or hexes. You'll be fine, I think.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
You are all talking about
Vendrick
and I realized that I beat him just after beating
Velstadt
, with only one giant soul, got hit only once, but almost killed me.

I thought there was another harder encounter, further on, or something lol

Biggest threat in that fight is boredom.

BadWolf

Just some extra enemies sprinkled here and there and during a couple of boss fights.

+10 Uchigatana and + 10 Espada Ropera served me well during NG+.

Also ended up putting some levels into Faith to try out various magics which made the playthrough feel more fresh.

Nerokis

*dies within seconds on the boss when summoned*

Yeahhhhhhhh... Gotta have a second human to keep him alive because he gives no shits about staying alive.

So true. I'm going out of my way to summon every possible NPC this time around, and keeping him alive against the Looking Glass Knight ended up being the most challenging part of the encounter. :p

He's cool, though.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Why do you want that crappy shield so bad? If you're on PS3 I could probably drop you one, I'm sure I have one lying around but of course that depends on Soul Memory...

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Of...course? That's not what I'm talking about. I've been farming every single sword+shield drake keeper in the area until they stopped respawning, after which I used a bonfire ascetic (a total of 5 times now). I decided to keep going at it, it's at intensity 7, still no shield.

Gold serpent ring +2, prisoner tatters, merchant headgear. They drop items about 20% of the time and it's always either armor, their sword or dragon charms. I'm not going to bother anymore.
Dang that sucks man. Not sure what to tell you. Try adding a Dragon Parma shield to your repertoire perhaps? Sometimes it's just really bad luck. At this point you might as well move on, it's not even that great of a shield. Sometimes you just have to walk away. I went through the same thing with the Warlock Helm, never got it to drop and just got mad and said "fuck it". Maybe on a future character I will get it.

Mistel

Banned
Why do you want that crappy shield so bad?
Better normal shield than Drangleic shield higher resistances and upgrades with normal titanite most likely.
Gold serpent ring +2, prisoner tatters, merchant headgear. They drop items about 20% of the time and it's always either armor, their sword or dragon charms. I'm not going to bother anymore.
That's rather unlucky, the new spawning system has made farming a right chore.

Firebrand

Enhanced undead at sinners rise. It's a great raw weapon although the durability of 20 means that a bracing knuckle ring is really needed.
Yup, had some luck and had it drop on the fourth kill. Dang, that thing packs a punch. Might respec to get the strength to onehand it for fun options.

Mistel

Banned
Eh, I always use the Royal Kite Shield unless I'm using a greatshield on a high str build. Low requirements and much lighter.
So what makes it crappy then? Other than a difference of a 5 higher STR requirement and 2.0 units heavier. Drakekeeper shield is superior.
Yup, had some luck and had it drop on the fourth kill. Dang, that thing packs a punch. Might respec to get the strength to onehand it for fun options.
Dual wield a pair of raw ones you'll thank me latter.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I thought he was talking about the greatshield at first, so I guess it's not "crappy", but it still doesn't seem like such a great items to farm for hours and burn 5 ascetics on. Royal Kite Shield does the job just fine.

JustinBB7

Mirror Knight has to be the most dissapointing fight ever.

All that hype for a simple tank and spank that moves like 1mph?

I was also disappointed, it's still a fun fight because of the setting but I thought it would be harder because of the summons. But I beat him on my first try every time I think.

Top Bottom