• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

maomaoIYP

So I started dueling in the
Brotherhood of Blood
, what is the general
Wow you are incredibly low level for someone who's made it all the way to Bob. Some people say the arena doesn't make use of SM matchmaking but I honestly doubt it. But otherwise, yeah it's governed by SM.

Mylene

ibaSvcB3ZjWWI4.jpg

Oreoleo

I had no idea toxic was in this game. Poison already seemed worse than DS1 toxic.

I managed to get to Scorpioness Najka before doing Heide's Tower, Huntsman Copse/Earthen Peak etc. That is to say, earlier than I probably should have gotten there. Her toxic made her impossible to beat solo ;(

Dyno

Hooray I finally finished the game! Where does a guy get more Twinkling TItanite in the first play through? I got a bunch of TT, used it on everything and still want more.

So I started dueling in the
Brotherhood of Blood
, what is the general dueling ranges?

Because this is me

and I find characters like this to duel against (which generally means no chance), along with the insane lag stab (which is expected)

Edit: Also why is my character face blackened sometimes, when I either get summoned or fight against certain players (it appears to be random or something). It requires me to exit to the main menu and load my character's game again, to remove that shit.

You leveled DEX a lot neglecting all the others stats, that's great if you manage to land a blow, but with the low AGI and HP, you might have a hard time evading magic attacks and long range weapons, so you'll die pretty easily.

Finalow

Have a source for that? Backstabs are the only thing that it blocks not ripostes.
no I just tried to search on google and I read that somewhere, reddit or gamefaqs maybe? I don't remember but they could have been wrong I guess.

it'd be nice though to have that, I mean to counter a broken weapon like the monastery scimitar they made a broken armor. simple )=D

Profound Still is such a broken spell need a huge nerf, a Tranquil Walk of Peace treatment. Or make the user unable to cast anything for the duration as well.

Aurongel

Beat the final boss for the first time. That was... anticlimactic.

The entire game takes such a downhill turn once you reach
Drangleic Castle
and everything becomes a linear slog that pushes you through some truly awful zones like
Shrine of Amana and Aldia's Keep
. At least the
Dragon Aerie
was a cool enough looking locale even though the dragons were easily exploited.

Very disappointing.

UrbanRats

Drangleic Castle
and everything becomes a linear slog that pushes you through some truly awful zones like
. At least the
Dragon Aerie

Very disappointing.

Well i think (though this is a problem i have with the game in general, rather than the last areas themselves) is that they just threw to much shit at the wall, without taking the time to fine tune what they had.
There are a billion different areas, but a lot of them are like 3 rooms and 2 corridors.

Aldia's Keep or, even worse, Heide's Tower, are super short and simple (in terms of level design, not talking about difficulty) to the point where i'm wondering if they're even necessary, or if they should've spent that time expanding other areas, like Drangleic Castle.

Mistel

Banned
no I just tried to search on google and I read that somewhere, reddit or gamefaqs maybe? I don't remember but they could have been wrong I guess.

it'd be nice though to have that, I mean to counter a broken weapon like the monastery scimitar they made a broken armor. simple )=D
I wouldn't say the monastery scimitar is broken just merely exploitable that's all. As far as I have seen the source for blocking ripostes is incorrect.

A neat trick I discovered: roll while opening a door away from your character to skip the rest of the animation. Note that it will only work on standard doors, and only if you're about half-way through the animation to begin with.

Drangleic Castle
. At least the
Dragon Aerie

Very disappointing.

Totally agree, most areas are too short or forced to fully understand what happened there even with Dark Souls lore standard.

Also the lore itselt is messed up when you reach the milfanito area.

zkylon

zkylewd
You can farm darkwraiths for slabs in dark souls.

yea i remember having a bunch of weapons maxed out and actually twinkling titanite was a lot easier to farm

still felt a lot less carefree than now. now i'm kinda wasteful with upgrades specially in ng+ since those cheat-rings make it so you always have a billion souls

I was craving PVP after a ~20 hour break on my new character so I went off to the Iron Keep bridge to leave my red sign. So far out of four fights I've had two disconnect just as I killed them and another ran and leaped off the bridge when I got him to a sliver of HP. And two of them fired hexes at me as I was waving to them!

Goddamn does it feel good to not be fighting endless havelyns and havelmages though.

zkylon

zkylewd
thoughts about bleed infusions?

i'm trying to replicate the lifehunt's scythe at least in those big chunks of staggering damage, even if it's not on a scythe itself.

was thinking of maybe infusing the washing pole with bleed, sounds like a good combination

zkylon

zkylewd
Try either a curved twin blade or a flamberge with the crest of blood for a +50 bonus. Infuse them so they inflict bleed faster.

do you have to be a bloodbro to get the bleed bonus effect?

i just want the swooshh sound back from lifehunt scythe when you got like the fourth hit off and you saw them bleed for massive damage

it was delicious

Mistel

Banned
do you have to be a bloodbro to get the bleed bonus effect?

i just want the swooshh sound back from lifehunt scythe when you got like the fourth hit off and you saw them bleed for massive damage

it was delicious
No the bonus bleed effect is just from the crest of blood itself.

Firebrand

Rolled a new guy and actually got a few Blue Sentinel calls today. One was odd though, the red phantom vanished while we were fighting and I was returned to my game, yet I got no message of any kind. I wonder if that was a disconnection on his end.

Playing around with spears, gonna beeline for Pharros (fast! before the soul memory catches me!) and try that Santier's Spear. Kinda hate how Strike seems to be the superior damage type most of the time though.

Mistel

Banned
NO!

Haha, I even said to myself: Don't be greedy this will be over in a second. He had broken my stance a few times during the fight but I was always able to get back behind him, this time the attack came faster and I wasn't able to dodge.
If you were two handing your weapon you could of blocked the attack. I mean you would of lived slightly longer.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
My first time fighting the ancient dragon the same thing happened. I was literally a hit away and he stepped on me. I wont say i was furious..but i made a face.

Firebrand

Welp there's no soul memory / level matching at all in the BS arena is there? Everyone has really fancy gear and spells, my little spear doesn't even do damage when it connects, hah.

If you were two handing your weapon you could of blocked the attack. I mean you would of lived slightly longer.

I did block, he broke my stance and I was stunned. It happened a few times during the fight and each time I was able to get away and behind him to heal. This time he was just faster with a different attack, or I, slower.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think bleeding makes you unable to run for its duration? or like walk very slowly?

i got that impression from fighting the scary arm dudes in no man's warf

maomaoIYP

Currently 56 / 186K.

That's not too odd a set of numbers to have. Maybe other players just focused their stats into certain areas.
When playing super overpowered builds I don't recall running into other players who were obviously much much weaker.
But of course that's just anecdotal evidence.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Take a run of the nearest edge and jump.

You might also be able to get there from above.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
You gotta jump from the stone bridge above. It's not worth it IMO, a
weak chime that can also be used as a shield, but it's mediocre at both. It's a fun novelty I guess, might be OK on some faith builds but I prefer using stronger chimes and a proper shield.

Top Bottom