• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I don't know where to go next in this game, I lit up 3 fires in the map killed like 10 bosses. The only place I can think of that I haven't gone to yet is the big hole in the shrine, but when I drop to a platform I die. Do I need a cat ring to progress in the game?
It is not required. You should explore the terrace of Earthen peak near the bonfire that's on a platform. You can break the fence on the outside ledge of the keep and meet someone who can build ladders for you. Exhaust his dialogs and he will move to Majula.

2AdEPT

"Be wary of bleeding but hole" - Outside Smelter Demon fog door

HAhaha....I just "pushed through" that area on my Vanquisher seal run....I didnt like the way I was using too much estus on Sinner and Smetler, so I decided to do a "no no" Challenge Brawl....fists only, no armour (well except for the proctologists gauntlets), no estus, no health loss accepted.

Also please let me know what you think of the music...since I have never done a no health loss fight before I thought I would try my best to get my own original music uploaded as well. I play the keys and guitars real time on the recorded tracks...only the drums and bass are looped. I hope to be able to set backtracks for people for their own vids...and this was my first opportunity to try it out.

A soul vessel, lord vessel fragments, and possible several skeletons. (depending on play through)

Whoa whoa whoa.

I just got the kings ring, so if you can, explain what I missed from before that point?

Cause all I found was the thing in the chest, and some skeletons. How does this work?

Also. A FUCKING LORD VESSEL FRAGMENT!?!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Targrays Armor is pretty tight. I love the way it sparkles in the sun!

darksoulsii_20140523_17264196_by_aloo81-d7jgpfg.jpg

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
What in Gywn's name...maxed out dual Caestus, power stance...wow. Looks like my NG run will be fun as hell.

Edit: is it worth infusing them? Infusing Raw ups damage but maybe magic? Hmmm

Zee-Row

Banned
What is the trick on opening the chests that are on the lava platforms in iron keep?Ii use
high resistance equipment and flesh sweat but my HP still drains before the animation of him opening the chest finishes. What do it do?

Mistel

Banned
What in Gywn's name...maxed out dual Caestus, power stance...wow. Looks like my NG run will be fun as hell.

Edit: is it worth infusing them? Infusing Raw ups damage but maybe magic? Hmmm
They are fine normal but if you've got high faith or intelligence then you could infuse them if you wish too.
Whoa whoa whoa.

I just got the kings ring, so if you can, explain what I missed from before that point?

Cause all I found was the thing in the chest, and some skeletons. How does this work?

Also. A FUCKING LORD VESSEL FRAGMENT!?!
Put them together and what do you get?

Korezo

It is not required. You should explore the terrace of Earthen peak near the bonfire that's on a platform. You can break the fence on the outside ledge of the keep and meet someone who can build ladders for you. Exhaust his dialogs and he will move to Majula.

I missed that area, what area leads to earthen preak?

They are fine normal but if you've got high faith or intelligence then you could infuse them if you wish too.

giphy.gif

Wow.
So this must mean that Drangleic is Lordran.

This explains how NG+ the original souls are found. They haven't moved kingdoms, it's the same fucking place.

2AdEPT

What is the trick on opening the chests that are on the lava platforms in iron keep?Ii use
high resistance equipment and flesh sweat but my HP still drains before the animation of him opening the chest finishes. What do it do?

How to get the Treasures in Iron keep

easier revised method

I missed that area, what area leads to earthen preak?

You need to move a
path
by speaking with
Licia
after the
Dragonslayer
fight, she moves closer to Majula,then you can get herto shift open a new
path
. You will need to beat a couple areas before getting to the
Peak

Looks like it were the place where they placed the lord vessels in that continent to relink the fire before
Nashandra
relocated it to a secure place.

Wow.
So this must mean that Drangleic is Lordran.

This explains how NG+ the original souls are found. They haven't moved kingdoms, it's the same fucking place.

Actually no, there are several lord vessels in case the current undead failed in his/her mission

Korezo

You need to move a
path
by speaking with
Licia
after the
Dragonslayer
fight, she moves closer to Majula,then you can get herto shift open a new
path
. You will need to beat a couple areas before getting to the
Peak

just checked the wikia for linked zones and it seems I missed like 4 other zones.. I don't even know how. This is game has me lost right now.

Mistel

Banned
Looks like it were the place where they placed the lord vessels in that continent to relink the fire before
Nashandra
relocated it to a secure place.
No bibbidi-bobbidi-boo? Well I don't think you've seen Cinderella as much as I have then lol. But that is where it was likely stored in Drangelic.
just checked the wikia for linked zones and it seems I missed like 4 other zones.. I don't even know how. This is game has me lost right now.
There's four paths from Majula: Forest of the fallen giants, The pit, Shaded woods, and Heide's.

zkylon

zkylewd
so i'm at 5m soul memory in ng+. i feel like i'm super overleveled in that regard

for sure i don't think this soul memory thing works right for ng+. i feel like i barely see any summon signs anymore, it's sad.

Mistel

Banned
so i'm at 5m soul memory in ng+. i feel like i'm super overleveled in that regard

for sure i don't think this soul memory thing works right for ng+. i feel like i barely see any summon signs anymore, it's sad.
Where are you? There's no summon signs at the castle?

Mistel

Banned
just outside spidercove near the tents

i'm hoping someone will carry me through the bad parts, specially spiderweb room T_T
You do know Benhart's summon sign is in one of the tents in the royal army campsite? Then for the boss itself there's estoc knight (royal soldier person just before Freja).

zkylon

zkylewd
You do know Benhart's summon sign is in one of the tents in the royal army campsite? Then for the boss itself there's estoc knight (royal soldier person just before Freja).

yea but like they don't do anything on their own, you gotta kill the spiders yourself which is what i'm trying to prevent.

like freja herself isn't so bad to me, it's just how the little ones are placed to like jump scare you and the whole spiderweb thing room that freak me out

Mistel

Banned
Wow, the camera for
Guardian Dragon
is horrible.
You aren't using lock on for the ancient dragon are you?
like freja herself isn't so bad to me, it's just how the little ones are placed to like jump scare you and the whole spiderweb thing room that freak me out
Er I don't know what to do then other than wait it out for another play to decide to place their sign down in your SM range. If it troubles you so, then that would best course of action for the goal you seek.

You aren't using lock on for the ancient dragon are you?

Er I don't know what to do then other than wait it out for another play to decide to place their sign down in your SM range. If it troubles you so, then that would best course of action for the goal you seek.

...No

Yes

SHUT UP I'M TOO DRUNK TO USE MANUAL CAMERA

zkylon

zkylewd
does being in like sunbro covenant increase your sm range or something?

i wasn't expecting much, just voicing my frustrations with being sl150 but having way more sm than i should i guess.

i'm guessing thoroughly clearing out brighstone cove all 15 times and just helping people pushed me over the edge, because i haven't been grinding or anything and i've cleared most dungeons and bosses on one or two tries. only bosses that took me many attempts to the point enemies stopped respawning were smelter demon and chariot, really.

it's not too bad, i'll try doing it solo and maybe just summon the npcs to make it easier so i can do it on one try

Mistel

Banned

Mistel

Banned
It's the fire attacks. I can't see where it is and his fire attacks fucking track me as I run.

I'll figure it out.
You mean the mostly unavoidable OHKO attacks? Not got Gower's ring of protection yet? Once you get close you can trap it into the same moves for an easier kill.

Finalow

fuck weapons' phantom range and fuck backstab from 20 metres away.

now, does the Jester armor negates backstabs? Or it just reduces the damage. I know that the ironclad's armor negates the backstab but that thing is superheavy.

zkylon

zkylewd
Only the name engraved ring extends the soul memory range.

yeah i'm not having much luck, i was gonna give all my titanite chunks to the guy that helped me get to freja but then she died and i died :(

i don't even know what to do against this boss, i literally just shoot lighting spears while i hope my phantom knows how to beat them :p

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
What kind of twisted rat bastard would even think to do that, let alone succeed?
He wanted to prove that Mundane can make otherwise crappy and low/non-scaling weapons hit decently hard with the Mundane scaling, hah. That and for the lulz. He also cosplayed as a grandma, as you saw. Granny whacked that dragon to death with her ladle... you do not fuck with obasan!

zkylon

zkylewd
k sunbros to the rescue, artisan and ender my saviours

i wanted to drop them some slabs but for some reason it didn't let me leave them :/

brighstone cove finished, i'm back on track, now i'm gonna go to the store get me some candy and watch a movie and unwind for a bit lol

I have so many titanite slabs. I have no idea what to do with them all. I remember when a titanite slab drops were so special. (But really, it's probably a good thing, because now I can actually max out and try a bunch of different weapons, rather than just a few per playthrough.)

My DS1 characters are crying in disbelief and envy.

maomaoIYP

Has anyone gotten decent results from mundane? Base penalty for going mundane is ridiculously severe. More than half on some weapons.
The soft cap for mundane is 30, which gives +200. Weapons with inherently low damage output gives the most benefit. For example a maxed dagger has base of approx 100 physical, with mundane it becomes 57, but you gain +200 from the scaling bonus.
The higher your base damage is, the poorer the infusion gets. And unless your base stat is very high, raw infusion will actually give a comparable output, without the need for a high base stat. For example santiers spear has a base of 200, mundane brings it down to 100, so you end up with 300 damage, which is only +50%.

zkylon

zkylewd
I have so many titanite slabs. I have no idea what to do with them all. I remember when a titanite slab drops were so special. (But really, it's probably a good thing, because now I can actually max out and try a bunch of different weapons, rather than just a few per playthrough.)

My DS1 characters are crying in disbelief and envy.

yea i like the slab abundance a lot better than the drought from demons and dark 1, it lets you experiment a lot more

Where's the best place to get invaded by reds at the end of NG?

It's hard to get invaded by them at all, but I've had them in the late game area's like the Forest and Drangleic Castle.

If you want to Summon Red's, got to Iron Keep bridge, lots there. You will occasionally see them around just about any bonfire in any other area too.

Nerokis

Wow, I'm really enjoying my second playthrough. There are so many things I missed the first time around. For example, I just discovered the purpose of the Crushed Eye Orb, which resulted in me going to the Iron Keep to get a certain technique incensed, which then lead to me discovering a new covenant, which may result in me finally trying Dark Souls 2 PvP.

In general, I'll never understand the issue some people have with the capacity to miss things. All that means is that there's plenty of room for discovery. Honestly, I didn't even get the Dull Ember until this playthrough, because my initial experience with the Iron Keep was falling a million times, the last thing I cared to do was go out of my way to fight gravity, and it never crossed my mind that a random corpse would be really significant. :p (On that note, crafting is definitely an area that's been improved overall with the sequel, I feel.) I'm typically all about exploration, but I definitely rushed things on my first character.

eot

Banned
Finally killed
Throne Watcher / Defender
on my SL1 CoC melee only run. :| never again. Hardest fight in either game for me, with a possible exception for Manus. I still have
Darklurker
left though.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
So I started dueling in the
Brotherhood of Blood
, what is the general dueling ranges?

Because this is me

and I find characters like this to duel against (which generally means no chance), along with the insane lag stab (which is expected)

Edit: Also why is my character face blackened sometimes, when I either get summoned or fight against certain players (it appears to be random or something). It requires me to exit to the main menu and load my character's game again, to remove that shit.

Mistel

Banned
Does the Jester armor negates backstabs? Or it just reduces the damage. I know that the ironclad's armor negates the backstab but that thing is superheavy.
It does prevent back stabs.
yea i like the slab abundance a lot better than the drought from demons and dark 1, it lets you experiment a lot more
You can farm darkwraiths for slabs in dark souls.
and I find characters like this to duel against (which generally means no chance), along with the insane lag stab (which is expected)
You have only 6 vigor... Isn't that not very helpful in a duel?

Top Bottom