• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Overdoziz

Banned
Thought id share this here too. ENB can give you some crazy and cool visuals

darksoulsii_2014_06_05_18_40_03_25_by_aloo81-d7l6djj.jpg
Reminds me of how terrible Lost Izalith looks in Dark Souls.

elfinke

Stunlock if old, saw this on reddit. Apparantely the chest in the mansion basement has been closed again, and the contents will update every few days. No idea if it will re-close itself if you've looted it during the promotion.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls2/comments/27exg6/promotional_event_majula_mansion_treasure_box/
http://www.darksouls.jp/pc/treasurebox/

Well that's a cool thing. I mean, it's no world tendency, but still. No Soul Vessels is a bummer.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
WOOOOOOO! Finally got the Heide Knight leggings to complete the set!!!! Took many ascetics at the Exile Holding Cells bonfire but it's finally done. I *think* I'm ready for NG+ now, I farmed Giant memories for a bit, put a crap ton of levels on Faith. The Defender Greatsword +5/Dragon Chime +5/GLS combo is pure destruction.

WOOOOOOO! Finally got the Heide Knight leggings to complete the set!!!! Took many ascetics at the Exile Holding Cells bonfire but it's finally done. I *think* I'm ready for NG+ now, I farmed Giant memories for a bit, put a crap ton of levels on Faith. The Defender Greatsword +5/Dragon Chime +5/GLS combo is pure destruction.

Defender Greatsword and Dragon Chime have been my mainstays for nearly 2 playthroughs. Don't forget to lightning infuse both of them.

Booshka

New developments in Havel Monsters and Level defense scaling in this game. Apparently buffs stack now, so you can put on Sacred Oath, GMB, full Havel's and get like completely insane defense. You are nearly invulnerable for about 2 minutes.

Mistel

Banned
New developments in Havel Monsters and Level defense scaling in this game. Apparently buffs stack now, so you can put on Sacred Oath, GMB, full Havel's and get like completely insane defense. You are nearly invulnerable for about 2 minutes.
Would iron flesh add to that mix?

Mistel

Banned
I missed Numbness stacking with GMB, which is what makes it really broken.

I don't think Iron Flesh would be any stronger than the former combo, and you can't move, so I wouldn't see the point of it.
Fair point there. I can only see someone doing if if they wanted to stand still completely which seems silly really.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Was posting in Lore thread, but finished it.
Best Souls game? I think so overall. Less frustrating elements, crazy amounts of content, the world felt devoid for half the game but MAN does the lore get super interesting the latter half... Hell the final 2/3 are mesmerizing.

Still give my deepest love to Demon's for bringing back Kings Field-style gaming to relevancy, but I'll give the final nod to most fun/engrossing to DS2. Hopefully we'll get to break the curse for good in ds3!

elfinke

Hmm. Struggling on the
Chariot
boss as a mage. Miss having high defense in this spot.

Yearn (or some Alluring Skulls) makes that fight so much easier. I struggled with that boss as a pure mage on one of my runs until I grabbed it.

Checking my inventory I noticed I have a cracked orb like the one in DS1 to invade laurec, whats the propurse in this game? never see it resonance to invade someone.

So I killed the
spider boss
and that was the last soul needed to go to
Drangleic Castle
. Two questions... Roughly how far am I and I think I got some key from that boss, where do I use it at?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
So I killed the
spider boss
Drangleic Castle
. Two questions... Roughly how far am I and I think I got some key from that boss, where do I use it at?

Probably about 50% through with the game.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Welp, played a bit of NG+ PvE with my friend today. He was using his hexer, I was using my Mundane build. Those nerfs are painful for me. Santier is now pretty damn weak for NG+ (and it's now terrible in PvP, I did backstabs at about 315 damage and a riposte at about 400, a normal R1 sometimes does less than 100 so even a full combo barely scratches invaders), and Avelyn is now severely weakened as well. I have 26 in every stat. Think I should respec, or what?

At this point I wonder if infusing with Dark instead of Mundane would be better, especially since I could cast Dark Weapon on it and get a bonus % damage....

So I killed the
spider boss
Drangleic Castle

You can use the key on the
door to the right of the first main chamber when you enter the building that eventually leads to the boss and the spider webs. Y'know, the one where the spiders are on the ceiling, lying in ambush.

Giant Club two hand R2 makes it hilariously easy. I love it. Just a one two smack, repeat over and over.

Hmm.. I opted for the repeated melee backstab when she heals strat, but this sounds way more convenient. This won't work if you're not specced for the club though.

EDIT:- Which club? Large or Great Club? There is no "Giant" Club.

squidyj

Hmm.. I opted for the repeated melee backstab when she heals strat, but this sounds way more convenient. This won't work if you're not specced for the club though.

there IS giant warrior club though.... so who the fuck knows?

Mogwai

It is the Great Club. A keyword in its description says "giant".

there IS giant warrior club though.... so who the fuck knows?

It is the Great Club. A keyword in its description says "giant".

Cheers, I've just pumped it up to +10, and I guess I can two hand it with 20 STR that I have with no penalties.

EDIT:- Holy crap, it's fucking amazing. Does 711 damage per 2H R2 hit @ 20 STR and enemies get knocked down flat on their asses giving you ample time to strike them down again when they rise up. Durability runs out really quickly though, I guess it's mandatory to use the Bracing Knuckle Ring +2 with it, in conjunction with the Chloranthy Ring +2 and Ring of Blades +2. Guess I found another weapon to stash away for the annoying ones, thanks guys.

Just got my three Petrified Somethings from the Majula chest. That's a cool idea, now the unique design of that chest makes a bit more sense.

Mogwai

Cheers, I've just pumped it up to +10, and I guess I can two hand it with 20 STR that I have with no penalties.

EDIT:- Holy crap, it's fucking amazing. Does 711 damage per 2H R2 hit @ 20 STR and enemies get knocked down flat on their asses giving you ample time to strike them down again when they rise up. Durability runs out really quickly though, I guess it's mandatory to use the Bracing Knuckle Ring +2 with it, in conjunction with the Chloranthy Ring +2 and Ring of Blades +2. Guess I found another weapon to stash away for the annoying ones, thanks guys.

Clubmaster for life!

The Great Club is one of the most (probably the most) overpowered weapons in the game. Low requirements and insane damage when it's upgraded and buffed. Those 2h combos are just destruction right out of hell.

That said, I'm using it as well. But I have to restrain myself not to pancake everything I meet. It's just too easy. I usually just go with my +10 Club as I like the quick hits. All in all, strike damage is just so much more versatile than slash.

In the Undead Crypt
I came with a light near Agdayne
and now he'll always try to kill me, is there any way to make friends with him again?

Mistel

Banned
In the Undead Crypt
and now he'll always try to kill me, is there any way to make friends with him again?
Request absolution from the pardoner.
The Great Club is one of the most (probably the most) overpowered weapons in the game. Low requirements and insane damage when it's upgraded and buffed.
What about a raw malformed skull at max?

Soulhouf

In the Undead Crypt

I warned you.
You offend the dead. And now, you will join them.

Pay the pardoner a visit. It won't be cheap if you're high level though.

In the Undead Crypt

Lol, in my case,
it was the light from a torch-carrying hollow that fucked me up with Agdayne the first time around lol. The hollow was friendly enough until then, he didn't attack me or anything like that while I was taking down the witches and other hostiles in the first chamber. He then followed me into Agdayne's chamber. Paid quite a bit for forgiveness lol.

I warned you.
You offend the dead. And now, you will join them.

Pay the pardoner a visit. It won't be cheap if you're high level though.

Lol, in my case,
it was the light from a torch-carrying hollow that fucked me up with Agdayne the first time around lol. The hollow was friendly enough until then, he didn't attack me or anything like that while I was taking down the witches and other hostiles in the first chamber. He then followed me into Agdayne's chamber. Paid quite a bit for forgiveness lol.

Thanks guys, I'll see how much the pardoner asks for, I spent 133000 to be able to talk to Vangarl, I don't think I want to spend that much again.

Mogwai

Indeed, that one has more damage. But unless you use it for some quick lolz in PvP, it's going to break before you even get warmed up. It has 20 durability points which is way too little to make it practical in PvE.

Top Bottom