• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Seriously? Does that happen with all NPCs or just that one?

Yeah, it ruins the feeling of really screwing up your game

Fuck I'm having trouble with Vendrick now..

Edit: He was easy. I stripped and started dodging all his attacks.
Edit2: Now gotta finish Darklurker boss and then to NG+. Anything else to do?

Mmmm
Covenants ranks
Trying to get the sunbro covenant spell
Farming red phantoms gear
Do the assasinations quest
Getting merchant NPC achievements

maomaoIYP

They have infinite poise, apparently. I spammed Santier on them in NG+ (pre-nerf in NG they died before I could see if they got staggered but post-nerf in NG+ I could spam a lot) and they never once got stunned. That along with the infinite stamina maul knights in Dragon Shrine shows that some variable or calculation is missing somewhere. I can't believe that was intentional...

I don't think I've EVER managed to kill one of those infinite stamina drakekeepers. Far less heart breaking to just run.

Booshka

Dammit,

i can't kill the pursuer in iron keep on my own. I heard he gives out a very nice goodie.

Roll at him and to the right, hit him once or twice, then reset and do that over and over until dead. Don't get greedy, always keep your stamina high enough for an emergency roll, and just slowly whittle him down.

J-Roderton

Really glad I came back to this game.

-Trying to max out with Sun Bros and start doing miracles. Tough to do at level 140 with al my stats in STR and VGR.
-Tried pvp for the first time in the blood covenant. That sucked. Immediately went back to co-op.
-I could now kill the undead crypt boss in my sleep if I wanted.
-Learned how to do pyro spells. Nice to have a little extra something to use every now and then.
-Finally made it up to the ancient dragon solo after never seeing any summon signs. I get summoned no problem all the time, but I never see anyone else's signs. =/

Now I'm trying to figure out what the hell to do with this ashen heart thing.

Altazor

Frustration. I bonfire ascetic'd the last bonfire in Huntsman's Copse so I could get the ring drop from the boss.

Instead I get constantly killed. If not by the skeleton wheels that spawn after the last skeleton lord, then by one of the fucking black phantoms that invade me on my way to the boss. Frustration!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Frustration. I bonfire ascetic'd the last bonfire in Huntsman's Copse so I could get the ring drop from the boss.

Instead I get constantly killed. If not by the skeleton wheels that spawn after the last skeleton lord, then by one of the fucking black phantoms that invade me on my way to the boss. Frustration!

Risk reward sucker!

Orayn

Any ideas on how to build an ANGRY WIZARD for PvP? Doesn't need to be super competitive, just able to convey the idea of a spellcaster whose arcane power is matched only by his irritability.

Rko3zCC.jpg

This is what I want to be.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Any ideas on how to build an ANGRY WIZARD for PvP? Doesn't need to be competitive, just able to convey the idea of a spellcaster whose arcane power is matched only by his irritability.

Rko3zCC.jpg

Is Phil Fish collaborating on Dark Souls III???

maomaoIYP

Any ideas on how to build an ANGRY WIZARD for PvP? Doesn't need to be super competitive, just able to convey the idea of a spellcaster whose arcane power is matched only by his irritability.

Rko3zCC.jpg

Bait players down long corridors. Cast poison/toxic/acid/dark mist. Cast nukes while they get distracted behind the mist. Vary casting nukes and hex AOE spells.
Does this satisfy your requirements?

RedSwirl

They are the perfect example of DkS2 and its problems in PvE. They break all the rules of the game, infinite stamina, instant reset on their movesets at any time, extremely strong weapon that swings and combos like a straight sword. Just terrible all around.

These giant salamanders are starting to feel the same. As far as I remember, enemies in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls this big weren't able to track you this consistently. Enemies that big aren't supposed to be unstrafable.

These giant salamanders are starting to feel the same. As far as I remember, enemies in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls this big weren't able to track you this consistently. Enemies that big aren't supposed to be unstrafable.

As an added bonus, you can't block any of the giant salamanders' melee attacks either.

Toxi

Banned
As an added bonus, you can't block any of the giant salamanders' melee attacks either.
This pissed me off so much. It doesn't make any sense because they're just normal-looking physical attacks. You'd think a Gyrm Greatshield+10 would block it, but nooooooo.

RedSwirl

And why do two of them spam the same projectile attack even when you close in on them? What makes it worse is that perfect tracking, which makes the fireballs unnecessarily difficult to dodge. The way they just automatically spin around is bullshit.

squidyj

Yep, but just that last one though. You don't have to do the first two/relight the cauldrons again. I always do the Shaded Ruins one last because it's the easiest and most straightforward one to finish when a death occurs, although others recommend the one at Drangliec Castle due to the convenience of the bonfire.

either way you DON'T want to do it at the Black Gulch like I did the first time :l

RedSwirl

Okay is it just me sucking or does this game have a problem with big enemies who track too well and attack too rapidly for their size?

One of the giants in the Memory of Orro spams fireballs like a motherfucker.

Giolon

Anybody on PS3 NG that's in range of 485k 600k Soul Memory have an extra pair of Desert Sorceress Gloves they'd want to trade? I have the skirt and hood to trade away for them.

So after completed rat covenant, i décided to go back to Blue Bros...
Does the Délicate String (which increases chances of being invaded ) could help me get more red phantoms invasions?

Yes it does help you get more invasions to your world.

Standing idle during 1h30.
Nothing Happens :/

Put down my summon signs in to help with bosses, get summoned > trap, this guy was with two red phantoms who wrecked me of course (but hey, they dropped "i'm sorry" carving, so i suppose it's ok right?
NO
=

Happened several times today, Is that a new fashion?

Mistel

Banned

Put down my summon signs in to help with bosses, get summoned > trap, this guy was with two red phantoms who wrecked me of course (but hey, they dropped "i'm sorry" carving, so i suppose it's ok right?
Yes...
=

Not in memory range of the invaders and you bumped into a gank squad.

Gattsu25

Banned

NO
=

Where were you standing idle?

Choose your platform in the top-right of this site and try the areas that have higher counts of confrontational multiplayer (except for Grave, Pharros, and Chasm as those are coventant specific): http://farfire.darksoulsii.com/pc/multiplayer/index.html

Minamu

I don't think I've EVER managed to kill one of those infinite stamina drakekeepers. Far less heart breaking to just run.
Poison arrows from above/behind is hilarious :) The first one is coded to never ever walk up the stairs to the wooden door so he'll just take it. And if you shoot the second one from the alcove with the lightning healer mage thing, neither of the two up top will walk down the same stairs.

Gattsu25

Banned

Playing as a character that doesn't fat roll while wearing 3/4ths of upgraded havel gear, I've never actually died against these guys and can kill them in melee. However, when I realized that they were not just running in fast-mode but also had no recovery frames and no stamina?...it took me out of the game for the rest of the game.

As Minamu said, they have limited aggro range and can be poisoned.

Okay, the Jester chest has to be the most ridiculous piece of armour in the game. A flimsy bit of fabric that totally negates backstabs? Sure, right. Everyone I see wearing it always goes HARD for the backstab with a dagger -_-

I know I could wear it, or the Iron Clad armour, or Gower's Ring... But fashion souls!

maomaoIYP

Poison arrows from above/behind is hilarious :)

As Minamu said, they have limited aggro range and can be poisoned.

I'm just too damn lazy to sit somewhere and snipe them. I bait the multiple swing attack, roll past it on run through the door. In fact, if I was any good at running past the whole section to the ancient dragon I'd do it. The drakekeepers aren't particularly fun to fight and although they give a good number of souls and drops it's just too time consuming. I do enjoy fighting the black dragons though.

Minamu

The first swinger can be sprinted past without baiting and I've seen speedrunners sprint in a particular circle clockwise to bait the second one away from the door, and it works without binoboosting as well. Maybe I just like to torture the assholes with poison ;)

Minamu

I'm more referring to summon signs (both finding them and getting someone to use yours). I see almost none, now.
It all comes down to soul memory and location. NG+ is thriving just as much as NG, and once people reach the max level of SM, you'll see signs all over the place much more easily.

Sullichin

Ruined my character into a high level mess to mop up the rest of the achievements and enjoy high NG+ levels. Dark Crypt Blacksword is pretty great.

All of the bosses are better at higher NG levels. I'm thinking the game was balanced around bonfire ascetics. Even still, I got Looking Glass Knight on max bonfire intensity and I have more trouble with NG+ O&S on a typical DS playthrough.

PranooY

Watched Vaatividya's ending and story explained videos. Woah, the story is soo deep and i had missed a lot of these juicy details. Its amazing.

Top Bottom