• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Ruuppa

In my experience, Cracked Blue Eye Orbs also place preference on whatever location you're in.

They do, but the effect feels less significant than on the other methods.

When I first started to spam CBEOs in Iron Keep, I had about 30 of them. Around half (or less, it's been a while) resulted in an invasion in Iron Keep, while the others were all over the place. With about the same amount of CREOs spammed in Hunter's Copse, I only had one to three invasions outside of that area. YMMV, but I'd really love to know the mechanics behind that stuff.

No such thing as overleveling because SM is, and will always be, a thing. Just pile it on, unless you want to engage in metagaming.

I think he's referring to PvE ramifications, to which I would probably say: yes, 250 is a tad overkill and will most likely trivialise everything outside of the bosses - unless you're partial to some Great Lightning Spears; then you'll be trivialising everything :)

My only character is at SL250 and I honestly feel that if I were to take him through the DLC knowing the things I do, the challenge of the new content will be mitigated hugely. That's why I started a new character, but I'm seriously struggling to commit time to it.

Audioboxer

I think he's referring to PvE ramifications, to which I would probably say: yes, 250 is a tad overkill and will most likely trivialise everything outside of the bosses - unless you're partial to some Great Lightning Spears; then you'll be trivialising everything :)

My only character is at SL250 and I honestly feel that if I were to take him through the DLC knowing the things I do, the challenge of the new content will be mitigated hugely. That's why I started a new character, but I'm seriously struggling to commit time to it.

Yeah, PVE. I'm at SL 215 now.

I don't think I can make another character though as like yourself I'm struggling just now in NG++. Just want to get my platinum and then I'll be waiting on DLC.

just finished my SL1 solo all-bosses run. some parts were tricky, but overall not that bad.

i don't see myself going back to play this multiple times like i did with DS1. still a great game, though.

eot

Banned
just finished my SL1 solo all-bosses run. some parts were tricky, but overall not that bad.

i don't see myself going back to play this multiple times like i did with DS1. still a great game, though.

How was your Throne Watcher/Defender fight?

Nordicus

One thing that impresses me (probably more than it should) is how they improved NPC black phantom AI in this game compared to previous titles.

And
Navlaan
, man, I ain't even mad, those ambushes make it clear that he wants you fucking dead. It's so damn amusing to me. Kirk could have learned a thing or two, this is how you invade someone.

Sami+

One thing that impresses me (probably more than it should) is how they improved NPC black phantom AI in this game compared to previous titles.

And
Navlaan
, man, I ain't even mad, those ambushes make it clear that he wants you fucking dead. It's so damn amusing to me. Kirk could have learned a thing or two, this is how you invade someone.

Navlaan legit OHKO'd me the first few times I saw him. Wasn't until I figured out I could stunlock him to death that he became manageable.

Ruuppa

And
Navlaan

Invading black phantoms are smart, yeah. Too bad the NPC white phantom summons that you get seem to have gotten a couple kicks to the head in their infancy.

Many a time Benhart or Lucatiel have just stood next to a boss, maybe taking slow walking steps towards it, but not attacking. They're horribly lethargic when compared to black phantoms.

Mistel

Banned
Felica the brave and Masterless Glencour are pretty useful. Glencour could probably solo the dragon rider if you left him too it.

Ruuppa

Felicia is the best, I agree completely. A bit too suicidal, but at least she can carry you through that annoying part in Amana. Never tried Glencour; I only noticed his sign on my 3rd playthrough.

I've mostly used Ben and Lucatiel, so my hatred for their lackluster prowess is strong. Less so on Ben though.

Felica the brave and Masterless Glencour are pretty useful. Glencour could probably solo the dragon rider if you left him too it.

I think felicia is the only one who can heal herself indefinitely or have more estus flask after the calibrations update. She is pretty useful to clear the mid and boss troll zones

Mistel

Banned
Felicia is the best, I agree completely. A bit too suicidal, but at least she can carry you through that annoying part in Amana. Never tried Glencour; I only noticed his sign on my 3rd playthrough.

I've mostly used Ben and Lucatiel, so my hatred for their lackluster prowess is strong. Less so on Ben though.
Felica is rather suicidal at times but as she can heal herself it's easy to let her do her own thing. Lone hunter Schmidt has an actual death wish though just rushes headlong into the tar pits in the Rotten's room.
I think felicia is the only one who can heal herself indefinitely or have more estus flask after the calibrations update. She is pretty useful to clear the mid and boss troll zones
She is the only one that I am aware of that can heal herself.

Beat the Old Iron King and the Rotten. Still one more great soul to obtain. Went to the Huntsman forest but two of the branching paths lead to doors I can't open yet. Only other option is the foggy path full of ghosts trying to shank me.

Mistel

Banned
Beat the Old Iron King and the Rotten. Still one more great soul to obtain. Went to the Huntsman forest but two of the branching paths lead to doors I can't open yet. Only other option is the foggy path full of ghosts trying to shank me.
That's the way to go for another great soul assuming you've already got the lost sinners one.
The one you summon for Freya can heal too.
He is another very useful NPC phantom.
That's handy. I wonder how many go straight past the knights summon sign?

HeelPower

So emerald herald dies permanently ?

I went on a frenzy and tried killing just for the hell of it.She gave me her feather and disappeared.

Anyway to levelup without her or get her back ?

yeah I already finished the game without killing her once.

Pretty weird that the ending still goes iirc
she talks over the ending so how can she talk if shes dead ?

It doesnt matter what you do in this game since there are no real consecuences in your actions, the game have so much fail.safe mechanics this time there is no real impact because you never kill anyone in reality. (outside Lycia and the two guys sidequest)

Nordicus

Welp, took me 40 hours to get red phantom invaded with my first character, now with my 2nd I got invaded twice by what I assume to be a twink in Forest of Fallen Giants. He had what I assume to be a full Heide Knight set, a lightning spear miracle strong enough to one-shot me and my phantoms and the Butcher's Knife

We got him to low enough health to almost kill him twice, and it was a major endeavour both times, but then he both times ran behind mobs and used a full-health heal. Laaaaaaaame.

Completed a few hours and was a little put off with the 'lightness' of the characters motion and the slightly poor visuals.

The more I have got into the game, the more both issues have been sorted out - some areas look amazing!

A current gen release would be awesome and likely once the DLC has been released and bought by the masses!

mjc

Any tips for beating the sentinels in the bastille? I kept waiting for a summon sign to pop up so someone could help me...but nothing ever came. (I was in human form)

mjc

You can summon the NPC phantom. She's very useful in that fight.

I talked to her when she was in the tower but she disappeared and I haven't seen her summon sign...hmmm

She was the same one who you could summon for the ship fight too right?

Mistel

Banned
Any tips for beating the sentinels in the bastille? I kept waiting for a summon sign to pop up so someone could help me...but nothing ever came. (I was in human form)
Strike damage is the main weakness like a lot of things in this game.

Manu

Just remember you can kill the first one before engaging the other two.

Leunam

I talked to her when she was in the tower but she disappeared and I haven't seen her summon sign...hmmm

She was the same one who you could summon for the ship fight too right?

No, this is a different one. Pilgrim Bellclaire or something. She's in a room on the side in the hallway leading to the boss.

Seanspeed

Banned
Take down the first one on the ledge as quickly as possible.

Learn how to dodge their attacks rather than blocking to save on stamina you'll need to attack or run away.

Once you're dealing with multiple ones, don't get greedy! Take a shot and back away unless you've got one properly isolated.

If you're surrounded, then run away and lead them til they're all in front of you again.

Don't get yourself cornered.

Ruuppa

Forget blocking if you don't have a greatshield, you'll lose less stamina rolling through their attacks than trying to block them. Two of them ganging up on your shield will break through really fast.

Their jump attacks can be either really fast hops, or really high and slow. Both are lethal.

If you haven't, try to get your Agility to at least 95 so you can roll through their attacks with ease.

Try not to wander too far from them, they punish that with either jumping, throwing their shield or doing a nigh-undodgeable spinning attack.

Anyone have that wrestling gif with the guy lying on the mat, then the other wrestler bounces off the ropes to find the first gut suddenly on all fours with his back arched like a DkSII mimic

Altazor

Anyone have that wrestling gif with the guy lying on the mat, then the other wrestler bounces off the ropes to find the first gut suddenly on all fours with his back arched like a DkSII mimic

this one?

john-cena-is-terrifieh7qpb.gif

Soulhouf

So a new patch is coming on July 18 with a lot of stuff:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/236430/discussions/0/46476691114603434/

It's pretty bananas. Lot of good stuff.
Legit?

Holy shit. This is a great improvement already.
Seeing the weapons impacted by this:
Increased the status values of the following weapons
and how many of them are dex weapons leads me to hope they fixed the dex scaling.

Great stuff all around.

Edit:
Increase the attacking power of Great Resonant Soul
Isn't this the spell that was previously made almost obsolete?

Ruuppa

Increased damage of Butcher's Knife
Decrease the weight of Butcher's Knife
Increased the status values of Butcher's Knife
Yes Yes Ye-
Increased damage of ALL KATANAS
ssss... :(

Edit: Except Washing Pole, that had nothing changed.

Fixed getting stunlocked to hell.
No item healing in PVP (Spell-heals still allowed?)
Matching range increased

Good!

Increase the attacking power of Great Resonant Soul
Decrease the attack power of Blinding Bolt

Buff one of the most powerful spells, and nerf the one no-one uses? 'K.

Isn't this the spell that was previously made almost obsolete?

It was/is still pretty powerful. Before the nerf it was the King of Spells though.

Noice, that's one hell of a balance patch. Might dip back in after the patch lands and get a character ready for when the DLC is all fully available.

Top Bottom