• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Unused attack animations are spoilers now? Well, ok fair enough I guess.

C'mon dude, you say in your own post that they're
possible future DLC / NPC spell stuff
. You know that I'm not specifically referring to unused attack animations.

They're links the only thing that is embedded is the youtube videos if you are on mobile gaf. Ponpo also says that they are possible future content as well.

They're just links to the webms, they aren't embedded

Many Gaffers, myself included, have the extension that auto-embeds WebM videos so that it can be a viable gif replacement.

Some people have extensions that auto-embed webms.

Of course, there's no actual way to stop a webm from being automatically embedded by a plugin so...

Maybe I'm misinterpreting your post, but are you saying I should just disable the plugin all together throughout all of gaf simply because I don't want to see spoilers for unreleased content of a games main thread?

We spoiler text and images of stuff like this before games launch, I don't see why WebM's should be different.

I actually have webms auto embedded as well :v

Anyway I'll just break the links I guess, no big deal.

Thanks, I appreciate that.

Has anyone figured out what's with random riposte-esque attacks on standing enemies? I've seen it twice, once was after using the shield break on a brass knight from the front, and then when I attacked it triggered some special animation (not riposte).

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I have literally never been invaded as a hollow before.
This sucks.

QhFa9u4.jpg

Rizzi

Heh. So, question. The Moon Butterfly armour, does the poison work at all? I was standing next to an enemy for 30 seconds and nothing happened.

NEO0MJ

Anytime after you obtain the Heart, go to where you got the King's Ring.

I see. Thanks!

Huh? I never made that post (._. )

tumblr_msmds3aadY1qko5wdo1_250.gif

But seriously, I made that post. I have no idea how it was attributed to you.

Heh. So, question. The Moon Butterfly armour, does the poison work at all? I was standing next to an enemy for 30 seconds and nothing happened.

Supposedly. Maybe it was against an enemy that's immune to poison? Or maybe it has some stat requirements that you have yet to fulfill?

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member

From that Reddit

I then tested backstabs to see if the bug was present there. Backstabs with quick ticks of damage are also affected. This includes great hammer animations now, which have a 3 tick damage backstab. Stuff like daggers and straight swords aren't affected because they have 2 ticks that are very widely spread out.

No wonder my backstabs with Giant Warrior Club did non-consistent damages against the
trio
fight in the DLC as a phantom.

Doing 430+ backstab damage sometimes, instead of the full 800+.

Ruuppa

B-team in charge of mechanics, oh my. So they tied simply everything to the bloody frames, good job!

So do backstabs/ripostes do less damage on consoles? As in: Is the big 3-tick damage not actually intended to happen, but it happens because PC framerates are higher?

RIPOSTE TEST: Dagger+10, RoB+1, Riposte damage on Drakeblood Knights

60 FPS: 1692
45 FPS: 1692
40 FPS: 1128
30 FPS: 1128

Someone on consoles want to test if that 30 FPS damage is about right? NG, I think.

Raxious

How come I see people do 800+ damage with the Red Iron Twinblade, but whenever I use it I do like what, 200 - 400? That's with the Gold Pine Resin. I got it at +10 and I got 40 str.

ElTopo

Banned
Ring of Blades? Flynn? And so on.

That's my main weapon. I have 40 DEX, 50 STR, 3rd Dragon Ring, and Ring of Blades +2 and Chrolanthy Ring +2. Dual-wielding the Red Iron Twin Blade is sick as hell. I've caught quite a few dudes off guard with the hard attack and the follow up.

Raxious

Ring of Blades? Flynn? And so on.

More currently unused animations

http://a.pomf.se/wvkayb
webm

That's my main weapon. I have 40 DEX, 50 STR, 3rd Dragon Ring, and Ring of Blades +2 and Chrolanthy Ring +2. Dual-wielding the Red Iron Twin Blade is sick as hell. I've caught quite a few dudes off guard with the hard attack and the follow up.

I'm running with the same except I still got the standard Ring of Blades.

Now I need to get summoned 30x to get that miracle I need for the trophies :p What's a good place to drop a sign? ( I'm lvl 102, SM 1.4 mil, PS3 ).

BeeDog

Is the Red Iron Twinblade the best twinblade? Growing mighty tired of my halberd and want to try something new while I brute force myself through NG++.

ElTopo

Banned
Is the Red Iron Twinblade the best twinblade? Growing mighty tired of my halberd and want to try something new while I brute force myself through NG++.

IMHO I think it's the best Twinblade weapon especially when you max it out to +10.

Which Boss weapon do you guys think is the best for a Melee build?

Ruuppa

IMHO I think it's the best Twinblade weapon especially when you max it out to +10.

Which Boss weapon do you guys think is the best for a Melee build?

Smelter Sword, Pursuer's Ultra Greatsword, Butcher's Knife, Dragonslayer Spear (if you sideline some Faith), Arced Sword, Warped Sword, Chaos Blade (super powerful these days), Curved Dragon Greatsword, Defender Greatsword (even with the nerf)..

Depends on what kind of a melee build you're aiming for.

Ruuppa

The arced sword is weaker than the Murokumo, I remember from when me and Suchillin were talking about it.

Better Str scaling, a bit heavier, but otherwise the exact same with worse base damage than Murakumo. Could be better if you aim for Quality and get the Str bonus from scaling to the cap. I just like how it looks.

Well then. The Blob cosplay. Didn't think I'd see that in Dark Souls.

Mistel

Banned
Better Str scaling, a bit heavier, but otherwise the exact same with worse base damage than Murakumo. Could be better if you aim for Quality and get the Str bonus from scaling to the cap. I just like how it looks.
You would think that but as it turns out. It ends up the same damage wise due to the way the scaling is. A maxed Murakumo which has 380 with E/A scaling does the exact same damage as a Arced sword +5 with 360 with C/A scaling.

Ruuppa

You would think that but as it turns out. It ends up the same damage wise due to the way the scaling is. A maxed Murakumo which has 380 with E/A scaling does the exact same damage as a Arced sword +5 with 360 with C/A scaling.

Well color me surprised! No need to use that weapon aside from the looks then. A damn shame, it does look nice.

Mistel

Banned
Well color me surprised! No need to use that weapon aside from the looks then. A damn shame, it does look nice.
It's due to the way the scaling works which makes the pair identical in damage. I'd of made STR the stronger scaling one instead of DEX with the Arced sword. Maybe it gets addressed in a latter patch but I doubt it.

CHC

Man oh man, finally got to check out the DLC last night. How anyone could say that this is not some of the finest that the Souls games have ever offered, I don't understand. Did not expect it to be so amazing given that the screenshots were just kinda some dark caves and corridors, but man it is just so amazingly interconnected and tight. Really agree with the "it's like Dark Souls 1" statements.

The quality of this, coupled with the single screenshot of Crown of the Ivory King (snowy mountains!) has me so excited for the future.

BeeDog

Thanks guys for the suggestion, Red Iron Twinblade is pretty damn good.

Anyway, FINALLY got my Dark Souls 2 platinum, woo! Took me ~120 hours though :/. Now I've platinumed all Souls games, yeees.

PranooY

Thanks guys for the suggestion, Red Iron Twinblade is pretty damn good.

Anyway, FINALLY got my Dark Souls 2 platinum, woo! Took me ~120 hours though :/. Now I've platinumed all Souls games, yeees.

Do I need to win 30 invasion at Bell Luna to get a hidden weapon magic?

Yes, but it's easy to get it if you grind the Mad Warrior in Belfry Sol.

Yep, and you also get his sick armor to drop for your trouble.

I have used Mad Warrior armor as my main for a while and it is pretty decent. I recently changed out the torso for the Drakeblood torso. The Mask and cape are a bad ass looking combo.

Am i alone in thinking that the (dlc spoilers)
three dudes boss is one of the worst ever conceived by the human mind
?

I swear i'm gonna give up in a bit, so sick of runnin around like a retard

PranooY

Yes, but it's easy to get it if you grind the Mad Warrior in Belfry Sol.
Sorry, my real question was I already have done 20+ invasions successfully and had gotten titanite slabs in my NG and NG+ run. I just started NG++. Should I do 30 invasion or does the earlier ones count?
?

It isn't bad and I loved the challenge. Also its real easy if u get the idea.

Kill the archer while trying to not get hit by others. After that its a piece of cake.
I beat them without any summons.

?

Yeah, i hate this "boss". It is a ridiculous circus and it gave me tons of grief. it didn't help that I am on ng++, but regardless, I could never make a dent solo. If you summon people, then the fight is almost trivial as you can all just gang up or each take one on solo and it's over.

Well, it seems like shitting on it on gaf helped me, cause i just beat it, i'm still convinced it's a terrible fight,making me run around all day is not a good encounter mechanic, but at least it's in the past now.

Aside from this mistep i'm loving the dlc

Edit: also used no summons, i tried summoning one of the npcs at the start but they would just get there half life and die in two hits

Mistel

Banned
?
I highly doubt that you are alone in thinking that.
Sorry, my real question was I already have done 20+ invasions successfully and had gotten titanite slabs in my NG and NG+ run. I just started NG++. Should I do 30 invasion or does the earlier ones count?
Your covenant progress is kept as you progress so you just need enough to get to rank two.

Sullichin

B-team in charge of mechanics, oh my. So they tied simply everything to the bloody frames, good job!

So do backstabs/ripostes do less damage on consoles? As in: Is the big 3-tick damage not actually intended to happen, but it happens because PC framerates are higher?

Someone on consoles want to test if that 30 FPS damage is about right? NG, I think.

The framerate related bugs suck but I hope you're joking with this B team shit. Remember that the Dark Souls PC port was locked at 30fps. When unlocked with DSfix, it's not perfect either.

Hate the B Team argument in general but when it comes to technical competency, I doubt we would have gotten better results if it were the exact same team as DS1.

?

That area / boss is designed for coop. It's pretty frustrating solo. I basically spammed Grym Greathammer strong attacks to clip them as they were chasing me down giving me a little time to heal, and ran around like crazy. With phantoms it becomes much easier but also much more fun.

It's due to the way the scaling works which makes the pair identical in damage. I'd of made STR the stronger scaling one instead of DEX with the Arced sword. Maybe it gets addressed in a latter patch but I doubt it.

Yeah, pretty sure it's still the same. Scaling was improved in general but the base stats of those weapons weren't touched. Arced Sword is now a sign of true class (and poor resource management) especially since everyone loves their new blue kumos.

So, dlc spoiler question
I've beaten the three dudes, Sinh and the cute lady before him, am i missing anyone? How do i even know if "finished" the dlc or not?

Thanks

That area / boss is designed for coop. It's pretty frustrating solo. I basically spammed Grym Greathammer strong attacks to clip them as they were chasing me down giving me a little time to heal, and ran around like crazy. With phantoms it becomes much easier but also much more fun.

I'm sure it must be "a lot" of fun co-op, but i usually play this type of games solo (only summoning phantoms when there's a story behind it) because i like the challenge, making a boss that almost requires you to summon shouldn't be they way to go imho.

Sullichin

I'm sure it must be "a lot" of fun co-op, but i usually play this type of games solo (only summoning phantoms when there's a story behind it) because i like the challenge, making a boss that almost requires you to summon shouldn't be they way to go imho.

Yeah I usually prefer to solo bosses too, in my own world at least. The best bosses are awesome solo and coop (Ornstein and Smough). This trio in DS2 is maybe the only fight I can think of in the series where I don't like the fight solo but think it's awesome with two other people. I guess that's not great. Maybe I will warm up to fighting them solo but after doing it once I just don't feel like bothering. They said in interviews that the "challenge path" (Cave of the Dead / ganksquad) of the DLCs were designed with multiplayer in mind, so we can probably expect more optional stuff like that in the other two.

Top Bottom