• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Could anyone tell me the easiest path speedrun to reach Chancellor Wellenger? I'm on my NG++ and trying to platinum.

Unless you have a ton of Boss Souls stockpiled and want to bonfire ascetic Iron King a bunch of times to get 3 million soul memory it is easier to just to do the 4 boss souls. It goes fast if you just power through, only took me a couple hours to get to Wellager that way.

PranooY

Unless you have a ton of Boss Souls stockpiled and want to bonfire ascetic Iron King a bunch of times to get 3 million soul memory it is easier to just to do the 4 boss souls. It goes fast if you just power through, only took me a couple hours to get to Wellager that way.
I'm on my NG++, so I have lot of souls from NG, NG+ and some boss souls by use of bonfire ascetic.
And my soul memory >3 million.

Mistel

Banned
I'm on my NG++, so I have lot of souls from NG, NG+ and some boss souls by use of bonfire ascetic.
And my soul memory >3 million.
That is referring to the 3 million souls needed to open the shrine. It is amount you will have to gain to open the shrine without the great souls.

Ruuppa

The framerate related bugs suck but I hope you're joking with this B team shit. Remember that the Dark Souls PC port was locked at 30fps. When unlocked with DSfix, it's not perfect either.

Hate the B Team argument in general but when it comes to technical competency, I doubt we would have gotten better results if it were the exact same team as DS1.

Getting frustrated with the persistent bugs, especially on their lead platform, brings out the snark in me.

Am i alone in thinking that the (dlc spoilers)
three dudes boss is one of the worst ever conceived by the human mind
?

I swear i'm gonna give up in a bit, so sick of runnin around like a retard

Is a pretty lazy optional boss battle. even the NPCS are just random except the havel knight with the modded dragon tooth.

So, dlc spoiler question
I've beaten the three dudes, Sinh and the cute lady before him, am i missing anyone? How do i even know if "finished" the dlc or not?

Thanks

The end of the DLC is when you get the sunken king crown and go talk with Vendrik in the undead crypt then you wait for DLC 2.

Things you could have missed in the dlc

-Rise all the houses
-All +3 quartz rings (reminds me of Storm)
-Go to the insect house
-The hidden bonfire on the house area
-Meet the Deku tree and a +7 whip

------
Sanctum

-Destroy all the corpses
-Getting the maiden tiara from the maiden sorcerers
-Avoid the trap room
-Dont jump to the hole
-Getting the puzzling stone sword
-Unlocking a shortcut for the pikes room.
-Getting the hidden bonfire on the pikes room
-Unlock the room next to the pikes room
-Unlock the troll bonfire on the dark dragons pool party room
-Unlock a shortcut for the first bonfire
-Light the two candles (????)

-------
Descending the Sanctum

-Finding the room with 4 cristal lizards
-Finding the corpse with the Blooddrake armor set
-Unlocking the hidden bonfire
-Jump to enter a hidden right section

--------
Queen

-Summon the pigs to find mushrooms (???)

-------
Sinh

-Find Youghs ring

------
Optional area

-Meet lady statue
-Get the flower skirt
-Get the Hex Spell
-Jump

So, one day I didn't get automatically connected to Xbox live, I didn't remember my codes, tried contacting Microsoft, but they didn't think that I was eligible to claim a recovery status for a new password.
So, I am stuck in playing offline DS2, without having even the chance to download the DLC
( I can't redeem my code, since I am not connected to Live) and I have already spent over 40 hours, so the option to begin anew is not so viable.

Is there a way, to start a new Xbox profile but to have my old saves?

Damn, feeling so bad..

PranooY

Take in mind you only need 3 souls of 4 (unless it was changed in some random calibration), the shaded woods alonside with freya would be the fastest way and rush to the rotten.

But I never tried a speedrun to be honest

I beat like 5 bosses in ~30 minutes. So it is going well.

JustinBB7

Yeah, i hate this "boss". It is a ridiculous circus and it gave me tons of grief. it didn't help that I am on ng++, but regardless, I could never make a dent solo. If you summon people, then the fight is almost trivial as you can all just gang up or each take one on solo and it's over.

I just ran circles around the left side, hit the archer once or twice, then kept running. Beat it on my second try that way lol.

Ruuppa

Take in mind you only need 3 souls of 4 (unless it was changed in some random calibration), the shaded woods alonside with freya would be the fastest way and rush to the rotten.

On my SL1 I couldn't get past the Shrine of Winter with 3 souls.. This was before the latest patch. The one I was missing was the one you have to pick up after killing Freja.

zewone

On my SL1 I couldn't get past the Shrine of Winter with 3 souls.. This was before the latest patch. The one I was missing was the one you have to pick up after killing Freja.
You need 4 souls or 1 more million soul memory in NG.

Ruuppa

I can't get through that dungeon that's in the Hidden Chamber :( Turtle guy wrecks me with his weapons.

Worst dungeon. Turtleguys AND Pyromancers? Yeah, fun.

Try Poison Knives or ranged attacks. Flattening NPCs with a Great Hammer R2 is always a viable option of you aren't a caster, and if you time it right with the R2 when they're getting up, they'll never get out of that combo.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yeah, i hate this "boss". It is a ridiculous circus and it gave me tons of grief. it didn't help that I am on ng++, but regardless, I could never make a dent solo. If you summon people, then the fight is almost trivial as you can all just gang up or each take one on solo and it's over.
Yeah, that's my problem with encounters designed with coop in mind. They're trivial when coop'ed, but insanely frustrating to solo.

Ironically, the only character with whom I didn't cheese the trio with toxic and poison mist but simply purely meleed them all, was my shieldless dual whip girl. I didn't even to fish for backstabs, I dealt good enough damage with normal hits to take out the archer first, and after that it wasn't so bad. I don't know if I could reproduce this feat easily though.

JustinBB7

For the last DLC boss, I went through 3 weapons, Bastard Sword +10, Black Knight Greataxe +5 and my Lightning Zweihander +10. I only had 1 sword equiped so I had to switch them mid fight too.

Was so happy I beat it, specially that way.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So much Repair Powder.. You must have been drowning in it.
Actually, not that much, the knuckles ring+2 helps a fair bit. The right hand whip also damages far quicker so sometimes I swap them out. Not during a boss fight, obviously.
Prior to having that ring, however, it was a nightmare, my one Old Whip wouldn't last against a single boss and had to be swapped with a standard whip +10. -_-

I forgot to check, did a recent patch make the notched whip not completely useless? That'd be cool.

The bonus damage against hollows from both of them must of helped a fair bit.
Probably. It dealt insane damage to Vendrick with even just 1 old whip (the other was my +10 at the time). Two old whips +5 powerstanced will OHKO all the hollow soldiers in the DLC with just one L2 hit, and 2HKO the ghost soldiers (in body form of course).

Raxious

Worst dungeon. Turtleguys AND Pyromancers? Yeah, fun.

Try Poison Knives or ranged attacks. Flattening NPCs with a Great Hammer R2 is always a viable option of you aren't a caster, and if you time it right with the R2 when they're getting up, they'll never get out of that combo.

Ended up doing it with the bow.

Now I can't get through the final one. I keep getting my ass kicked by that Havel look-a-like. after 7 tries I got to Darklurker and he raped me. Now I got no more Effigies.

Ruuppa

Ended up doing it with the bow.

Now I can't get through the final one. I keep getting my ass kicked by that Havel look-a-like. after 7 tries I got to Darklurker and he raped me. Now I got no more Effigies.

Great Hammer R2. Flatten 'em real good. Large Club has the lowest requirements with that attack, IIRC.

neoism

It's out on the 26th.

k awesome I was not sure for a minute and thought it was coming in mid September.... I will be reaallly sad when I completely done with this game.. :( man I wish FORM wasn't so fucking lazy and would fix DS on PC and make it steamworks already :/

a storm I got an OT question for you....
Do you know if HALOGAF is mostly getting Destiny on PS4 or not... I haven't been following any threads anymore and have never even had that many friends on PSN just wondering.... not gettin an xone ever.. and would love to play with some of you again.

PranooY

On my way to Drangelic Castle NG++ is an enemy with a hammer kinda weapon. He does a rotating attack which not defended can instantly kill you. What is that weapon?

Mistel

Banned
On my way to Drangelic Castle NG++ is an enemy with a hammer kinda weapon. He does a rotating attack which not defended can instantly kill you. What is that weapon?
If that's the flexile sentry just before the shrine of winter you are talking about then it's a barbed club.

PranooY

If that's the flexile sentry just before the shrine of winter you are talking about then it's a barbed club.
Nope, he is present for NG and NG+. This guy is a AI Invader who is available only on NG++ at Drangleic Castle gate.

He does a rotating attack with his long hammer. If not defended, you are most likely dead.

Mistel

Banned
Nope, he is present for NG and NG+. This guy is a AI Invader who is available only on NG++ at Drangleic Castle gate.
Oh that one is the drakekeeper red invader he's got a drakekeeper warpick. On the way isn't exactly very descriptive might I just add.

Mistel

Banned
;)

Btw I forgot to collect Soothing Sunlight. How exactly does it work (I mean killing licia)? And What is the backstory behind it?
Soothing sunlight was stolen by Licia from a monestary in Lindeldt. She's a thief and a con artist who tricks the gullible i.e you (cursed undead or what ever it's called) and others. An example is when she lies to you about the rotunda needing miracles to work as it is mechanical in nature. That's why the black eye orb is used to invade her as she is guilty. She may also be the nameless usurper but that's rather unknown at this point.

Ruuppa

Ok, so the great hammer works, now I need to figure out how to beat up Darklurker. that bomb attack almost insta kills me :(

Wear your highest Dark Quartz Ring to take the edge off of that attack, and switch to Dark and Fire resistant armor. He has no physical attacks, so physical defense won't help you there. Magic Barrier/Great Magic Barrier will greatly help you in that fight.

He's still a tough guy to fight as a melee character, good luck.

Raxious

Wear your highest Dark Quartz Ring to take the edge off of that attack, and switch to Dark and Fire resistant armor. He has no physical attacks, so physical defense won't help you there. Magic Barrier/Great Magic Barrier will greatly help you in that fight.

He's still a tough guy to fight as a melee character, good luck.

Sadly I'm a pure str character, so I can't use any magic skills.

chunk3rvd

Anyone running a DEX/Hex build and if so, can you let me know your stats? I know STR is more useful than DEX in DS2 but I used to love skywalker builds with darkmoon blade in DS1. I was thinking something similar with a nice katana (blacksteel?) and resonant or dark weapon could be good fun?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Get a Rebel greatshield and infuse it with dark that only leaves you the fire orbs as a danger. Staggering it is rather helpful in the long run too.
I agree with the shield. That's how I defeated it with my pure str tank, it made a huuuuge difference.

Still, once they split it's a pain, because it's really hard to get an opening up close. I ended up kiting them with black firebombs. xD

Things you could have missed in the dlc

-Rise all the houses
-All +3 quartz rings (reminds me of Storm)
-Go to the insect house
-The hidden bonfire on the house area
-Meet the Deku tree and a +7 whip

------
Sanctum

-Destroy all the corpses
-Getting the maiden tiara from the maiden sorcerers
-Avoid the trap room
-Dont jump to the hole
-Getting the puzzling stone sword
-Unlocking a shortcut for the pikes room.
-Getting the hidden bonfire on the pikes room
-Unlock the room next to the pikes room
-Unlock the troll bonfire on the dark dragons pool party room
-Unlock a shortcut for the first bonfire
-Light the two candles (????)

-------
Descending the Sanctum

-Finding the room with 4 cristal lizards
-Finding the corpse with the Blooddrake armor set
-Unlocking the hidden bonfire
-Jump to enter a hidden right section

--------
Queen

-Summon the pigs to find mushrooms (???)

-------
Sinh

-Find Youghs ring

------
Optional area

-Meet lady statue
-Get the flower skirt
-Get the Hex Spell
-Jump

Wow, I think I only got half of that. Guess I better go back and explore some more.

Top Bottom