• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Mistel

Banned
Also I'm glad to see
Artorias' sword
make a return (although it doesn't look quite as majestic as before).
Too bad it's not as crazy as the one you could get in DS with C and B scaling on every stat.
Keep it in your left hand as it gains bonus damage from that.

It's gonna take me some time to catch up with you. Might just move to NG+ so I can level up faster.

If you're in NG and I'm in NG+ then unfortunately we wouldn't be able to connect to one another. The Ruin set's not going anywhere though, so just let me know when you're in the right spot to get it.

NEO0MJ

If you're in NG and I'm in NG+ then unfortunately we wouldn't be able to connect to one another. The Ruin set's not going anywhere though, so just let me know when you're in the right spot to get it.

I already eat the final boss but was considering waiting until I beat the 3rd DLC before moving on but I think I'll just jump to NG+ now. I'm close to SML 5 mil so it would only take a few bosses before I reach it.

I already eat the final boss but was considering waiting until I beat the 3rd DLC before moving on but I think I'll just jump to NG+ now. I'm close to SML 5 mil so it would only take a few bosses before I reach it.

The range of Soul Memory doesn't matter too much, with white soapstones and dragon signs you can connect to people a few million below or above your current SM. NG+ is the deal breaker though.

NEO0MJ

The range of Soul Memory doesn't matter too much, with white soapstones and dragon signs you can connect to people a few million below or above your current SM. NG+ is the deal breaker though.

If that true then I'll jump to NG+ right now and PM you when I reach Forest of the Fallen Giants.

Braag

I've pretty much done everything there is to do and bought everything I want to, so I'm thinking of jumping to NG+ though I kinda wanna play the third DLC at NG first, cause you know, they like to change shit with NG+ at certain parts.
But I don't think I can wait that long.
Today I've been just mainly helping people with the blue Smelter Demon to get sunlight medals...

TnK

No, but you can get more. Save 4 for a boss later on, or you're gonna have a bad time.

I saw the fog door and saw 4 statues and guessed that there may be a boss there. Used the remaining four that I had against the boss. REALLY glad I did, because the boss is destroying me. I may need a faster weapon.

Any great sword recommendations?

Also, seems like I found the sword of artorios.

Ruuppa

I saw the fog door and saw 4 statues and guessed that there may be a boss there. Used the remaining four that I had against the boss. REALLY glad I did, because the boss is destroying me. I may need a faster weapon.

Any great sword recommendations?

Also, seems like I found the sword of artorios.

Use that in your left hand if you have the stats for it. It's really good, but the specials aren't too great in PVE.

NEO0MJ

I've pretty much done everything there is to do and bought everything I want to, so I'm thinking of jumping to NG+ though I kinda wanna play the third DLC at NG first, cause you know, they like to change shit with NG+ at certain parts.
But I don't think I can wait that long.

I moved on recently, it just seemed pointless to wait two months for that.

They can't use that mask, as apparently the reason it got removed in the first place was because a lawsuit regarding its design.

Also, how will the Darklurker set look? The design wouldn't translate well into an armor, not without a big departure.

Jaeger

They can't use that mask, as apparently the reason it got removed in the first place was because a lawsuit regarding its design.

Is there any actual evidence to this? Because I see this passed around, and I never see any source to this information. Not to mention, a porcelain mask isn't new, or bound to some anime from the 2000's.

Also, how will the Darklurker set look? The design wouldn't translate well into an armor, not without a big departure.

Just as he looks. I linked to a good shot of him. Of course, minus the wings. Robe, leggings, etc.

NEO0MJ

Speaking of NG+, I was surprised by the Falconers at the start, and got killed :(

Is there any actual evidence to this? Because I see this passed around, and I never see any source to this information. Not to mention, a porcelain mask isn't new, or bound to some anime from the 2000's.

That's why I said apparently. Still, there has to be a good reason for them to drop the original mask design and give us...that.

Jaeger

The Leydia Pyromancer set already looks like what he wears, so it would be a bit redundant to include his set.

It's only superficially similar. They are vastly different designs.

yL3DrjT.png
ygkxYB1.jpg

I still want the Darklurker set. No visible face with that, please.

Ruuppa

It's only superficially similar. They are vastly different designs.

I still want the Darklurker set. No visible face with that, please.

I remembered it being a lot more white than that. My bad.

Sometimes Belfries get a bit weird. I present to you, naked fistfight on a roof:
It ended perfectly, with a double K.O. when me and the host started doing only heavy punches. True heroes, Bladv*** and Chaos.

At times like this, I really wish I'd have setup my videocapturing software..

Added a few more, with images. I will be sending this to FROM Software, soon.

Armor Sets
*Pursuer's Armor Set
*Old Dragonslayer
*Emerald Herald Set
*Darklurker's Set

Unique Armor Pieces
*Smelter Helmet (Blue)
*Suspicious Shadow Helmet Variant
*Manikin Mask from trailer

Weapons
*Giant Lord's Greatsword/Ultra Greatsword

Please feel free to add to this.

It still needs the others gwyn knights armors too like the old dragon slayer armor

Emeral herald set,with the passive ability to stay always in human form like the milfanito ring please

Darlurkers "armor" is her skin ....that could have high resistance to curse and dark but lower your lighting defenses.

kanuuna

Am I grossly under leveled for the Old Iron King DLC at level 96 in NG or what? I didn't run into any serious trouble on the way to the first boss, but I feel like I've hit a wall now.

When I try to solo it, my swings don't do much of a scratch, and the boss tends to light up his sword before I can chip away even a third of his health. Once that sword is on fire, there's no way out for me. I can maybe throw one swing at him once he's done waving his sword, but that doesn't help because all he needs is two hits on me and I'm dead. Three if I'm blocking. The NPC summons don't seem particularly helpful here either (even though I went as far as to clear the way to the boss so that they wouldn't be down to half-hp once I hit the boss room), and I haven't seen a whole heap of players around waiting to be summoned. Lightning Spear does nothing for me here either, and that's about the extent of my usable spells.

Bottom line: fuck this boss. I hated Smelter Demon in the base game (and only suffered through it on PS3 because I though it couldn't be skipped), and the placing a blue version of him here seems incredibly lazy when the path to that boss was interesting with the new types of enemies, environmental hazards and art.

Please refrain from referring to the other piece of DLC if you choose to challenge my hissy-fit rant, because I didn't pick it up.

Am I grossly under leveled for the Old Iron King DLC at level 96 in NG or what? I didn't run into any serious trouble on the way to the first boss, but I feel like I've hit a wall now.

When I try to solo it, my swings don't do much of a scratch, and the boss tends to light up his sword before I can chip away even a third of his health. Once that sword is on fire, there's no way out for me. I can maybe throw one swing at him once he's done waving his sword, but that doesn't help because all he needs is two hits on me and I'm dead. Three if I'm blocking. The NPC summons don't seem particularly helpful here either (even though I went as far as to clear the way to the boss so that they wouldn't be down to half-hp once I hit the boss room), and I haven't seen a whole heap of players around waiting to be summoned. Lightning Spear does nothing for me here either, and that's about the extent of my usable spells.

Bottom line: fuck this boss. I hated Smelter Demon in the base game (and only suffered through it on PS3 because I though it couldn't be skipped), and the placing a blue version of him here seems incredibly lazy when the path to that boss was interesting with the new types of enemies, environmental hazards and art.

Please refrain from referring to the other piece of DLC if you choose to challenge my hissy-fit rant, because I didn't pick it up.

Dont block on him it drains your stamina faster than just simply rolling, dont use heavy armor it really afects the lenght of your rolls beins easy to get hit. dont even try to hit him on his sides before the second phase it have instant recovery frame to punish and kills you or get hit by his katana even in not attacking animation. after he swings is vulnerable to take two hits or one depending of your load stats then wait and repeat.

If you need summon help, summon only one because with two players is so annoying to kill and deals massive amounts of damage if you fail a roll but be careful because he can instantly change his direction and just turn around to kill you even if he is in the other side of the room.

Mistel

Banned
It's more to do with your equipment that being under leveled if you're not using weapons that are fully upgraded or a boss is resistant too then it will be a lot harder.

TnK

Fume Knight is hard ;__;

Even when I removed the curse and all, he is still very hard. I am not dealing enough damage against the boss for the damage that I receive from the boss itself.

How do guys play this game in NG++ and onwards? I am having a ton of trouble in NG+, I have a fully upgraded crypt blacksword with 774 damage, and am still having a hard time lol.

When he goes into second form, how do you dodge his really slow flame slash? That thing has a REALLY long range, and rolling behind out of it is not an option.

Mistel

Banned
How do guys play this game in NG++ and onwards? I am having a ton of trouble in NG+, I have a fully upgraded crypt blacksword with 774 damage, and am still having a hard time lol.
Fume knight is the dark resistant boss I mentioned earlier.

Jaeger

It still needs the others gwyn knights armors too like the old dragon slayer armor

I was trying to stay within the Dark Souls II world (Ornstein is an exception of course due to him appearing in II as the Old Dragonslayer).

Not oppose to them reappearing though, but I don't see it happening.... now watch they appear in the third DLC. lol

v1perz53

At times like this, I really wish I'd have setup my videocapturing software..

Absolute best thing about playing on PC with GeForce experience and shadow play, I can start recording at the press of a button without any performance hit at all. Actually kind of annoying, since I spent years playing WoW buying new computers to finally get one that could run Fraps, only to have ShadowPlay come out and do everything Fraps could never do.

Ruuppa

Spell parries, man. They're crazy powerful. Fireballs? Meh. Forbidden Sun from behind? Ha! Lightning? You've gotta be kidding.

Cleric's Small Shield is super-powerful now, with a fast normal parry and a spell parry that covers 360 degrees around your character with really lenient timing as well. Bye bye Buckler, you shall be missed.

I was trying to stay within the Dark Souls II world (Ornstein is an exception of course due to him appearing in II as the Old Dragonslayer).

Not oppose to them reappearing though, but I don't see it happening.... now watch they appear in the third DLC. lol

There is no clear comfirmation of being Ornstein, saying that you can see a lots of DS1 NPCs roaming just there because reasons.

Jaeger

There is no clear comfirmation of being Ornstein, saying that you can see a lots of DS1 NPCs roaming just there because reasons.

Well, I do believe it's him. Regardless of that, it's clearly Orstein's doppleganger. I don't know how or why they'd do the same for the other three. Unless someone was in the Knight resurrection business (which may just be the case).

Well, I do believe it's him. Regardless of that, it's clearly Orstein's doppleganger. I don't know how or why they'd do the same for the other three. Unless someone was in the Knight resurrection business (which may just be the case).

Considering this would be the place where Qwynevere landed with his husband and mimic Anor londo arquitecture is not impossible to believe they also replicate armors and weapons from their homeland and take other names.

Still you can see lots of gears wandering too in pristine conditions too.

Ruuppa

I want to give that Knight Resurrection Service a call and complain about how they haven't done Smough or Gough yet. The best of the bunch are missing, what the hey?

Considering this would be the place where Qwynevere landed with his husband and mimic Anor londo arquitecture is not impossible to believe they also replicate armors and weapons from their homeland and take other names.

That replica -theory holds a good amount of water, seeing how many "unique" weapons you can find throughout the game. A dozen Ricard's Rapiers? From spiders you say? Makes sense!

Jaeger

Without a doubt. That theory more than holds water. I just want to believe it's him, because it just makes more sense to me within the lore. That he himself, corrupted by the Dark, and/or brought back to life (hence his added Dark powers in the fight with him).

He fight's exactly the same, with a darker, almost corroded armor. He's even still carrying this;

fIWh9Qd.png

Then him being called "Old" Dragonslayer alludes to all of this.

Mistel

Banned
That replica -theory holds a good amount of water, seeing how many "unique" weapons you can find throughout the game. A dozen Ricard's Rapiers? From spiders you say? Makes sense!
Parasite spiders along with kobolds drop quite a variety of unique weapons.
Without a doubt. That theory more than holds water. I just want to believe it's him, because it just makes more sense to me within the lore. That he himself, corrupted by the Dark, and/or brought back to life (hence his added Dark powers in the fight with him)
Who'd go to that much trouble though?

Ruuppa

Parasite spiders along with kobolds drop quite a variety of unique weapons.

Which is really goddamn weird, but can be explained to a certain extent with them being replicas.

The Kobolds' drops are somewhat more explainable than the spiders, though: They're scavengers, and there were a lot of Black Knights around in the past.

Top Bottom