• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

2AdEPT

Not much to be truthful.

Like so many complaints about DS2, its an issue that's blown out of all proportion.

naw, some complaints are overblown this one is bang on.... its really shoddy....try doing a no health loss challenge run of sir alonne or something and see if you dont get pissed when your winning run gets blown by a stab that was miles from your body. It did happen all the time on all tpyes of enemies and espcially in pVP where it can be even more annoying. THis just didnt happen in DS1 although in PVP the lag stabs were the worst. Great, get dedicated servers, which appeared tohelp a little with lag, and then make shitty hitboxes?!?! The person/team responsible should be fired. I didnt expect them to fix it, it would require too much work, but someone dropped the ball taking over for whomever did it on DS1. maybe some truth to the A vs. B team stuff me thinks.

Just watched the latest any% speed run WR and was pretty blown away by it. It was the same old run that's been used for a while now, but there was some new stuff I hadn't seen in the past few that I'd watched. Some of the boss kills were way faster than before, can't wait to see people try and top this. I love that people are still finding new stuff in DS1, so I don't see why it shouldn't be the same for DS2 even years from now. :)

Thanks for this, I rarely know when a good time to watch another speed run is at...looks like now!

edit: wow awesome skills, didnt look like many mistakes, but something missing without the commentary and chat.

MG310

Just watched the latest any% speed run WR and was pretty blown away by it. It was the same old run that's been used for a while now, but there was some new stuff I hadn't seen in the past few that I'd watched. Some of the boss kills were way faster than before, can't wait to see people try and top this. I love that people are still finding new stuff in DS1, so I don't see why it shouldn't be the same for DS2 even years from now. :)

I had no idea about that wall you can take down in the Forest of Fallen Giants.

Shinjica

Not much to be truthful.

Like so many complaints about DS2, its an issue that's blown out of all proportion.

We have played different version of DSII then. Monster have really bad hitboxes. With the PVP it's even worse because lag and bad hitboxes make the game really frustrating.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
We have played different version of DSII then. Monster have really bad hitboxes. With the PVP it's even worse because lag and bad hitboxes make the game really frustrating.

Dark Souls 2 does indeed have really wonky hitboxes in PvE, its highlighted in PvP (or PPvE) alongside that damn latency player positions (2-4 seconds I guess)

The hitboxes are the reason why I died two times yesterday against Flexile Sentry during a
Agape
Ring run, the mace attacks appears to have the hitboxes the length of the sword.

Would love for Dark Souls 3 to look like this.

faraam_1onptq.gif
faraam_2rxp3s.gif

Maybe for the gen after this one.

burgerdog

Is there going to be additional bosses/content outside of the dlc areas in scholar of the first sin release? Kind of disappointed how easy and uninteresting
Aldia
turned out to be.

Mistel

Banned
Is there going to be additional bosses/content outside of the dlc areas in scholar of the first sin release? Kind of disappointed how easy and uninteresting
Aldia
turned out to be.
There's a new invader that follows you and some different enemy placements but that's probably it content wise, other than understandably new items.

strafer

i found new love for Great Hammers, something really satisfying about just smacking an enemy on the head.

Especially the one the Drakekeepers have.

Hi folks. Anyone can recommend a mod to replace Xbox controller prompts on PC with Playstation ones? I am using a DS3 and it gets confusing -_-

Soriku

Should just wear the upgraded King's Crown after talking to Vendrick when completing the DLCs, and save the ring slot.

I managed to finish up the DLCs and got the new ending today after beating Aldia. The ending was lame, but I liked the Aldia fight, and the DLCs were great too. I don't know if I like Sunken King or Old Iron King more...might lean on OIK. Ivory King was my least favorite, not because it was bad (Frigid Outskirts area isn't so hot though), I just preferred the feel of the other two DLCs.

I liked that the DLCs were rather long and intricate, with several optional paths you can take, so nice job there. I got another 25 hours out of the game, so I think it was well worth the $25 I spent on the season pass. I would be willing to buy even more DLC if they made it, but I think they're finished for now. Dark Souls 3 time for the "B" team?

Mistel

Banned
Whoops, I confused phantom for hollow.
Even still that's the ring of the dead that makes you appear human whilst hollow. All the upgraded crowns do is prevent you from loosing you humanity when you cop it, something you can do easily and more effectively already.

Soriku

Even still that's the ring of the dead that makes you appear human whilst hollow. All the upgraded crowns do is prevent you from loosing you humanity when you cop it, something you can do easily and more effectively already.

While wearing the crown you can still save a ring slot by not needing to use Ring of Binding or the Life Protection rings.

Mistel

Banned
While wearing the crown you can still save a ring slot by not needing to use Ring of Binding or the Life Protection rings.
A single ring slot compared to 4 different boss fights rewards toward the end game end of the spectrum which you need to do all of them to get the reward that lasts one playthrough? You can get at least 5 rings that will not only prevent you going hollow but also keep your souls as well so you can fix them easily.

Soriku

A single ring slot compared to 4 different boss fights rewards toward the end game end of the spectrum which you need to do all of them to get the reward that lasts one playthrough? You can get at least 5 rings that will not only prevent you going hollow but also keep your souls as well so you can fix them easily.

If you're not going to do another NG+ and just plan to do PvP/co-op, the King's Crown is convenient.

Should just wear the upgraded King's Crown after talking to Vendrick when completing the DLCs, and save the ring slot.

I managed to finish up the DLCs and got the new ending today after beating Aldia. The ending was lame, but I liked the Aldia fight, and the DLCs were great too. I don't know if I like Sunken King or Old Iron King more...might lean on OIK. Ivory King was my least favorite, not because it was bad (Frigid Outskirts area isn't so hot though), I just preferred the feel of the other two DLCs.

I liked that the DLCs were rather long and intricate, with several optional paths you can take, so nice job there. I got another 25 hours out of the game, so I think it was well worth the $25 I spent on the season pass. I would be willing to buy even more DLC if they made it, but I think they're finished for now. Dark Souls 3 time for the "B" team?

The bad thing is if you do a plus game you have to collect the crowns again to get the buff, also the new content is not DLC required

Costa

Neo Member
Will you able to transfer your Xbox 360 character to the Xbox 1 version I have a lvl 250 character with great weapons. Thanks

GulAtiCa

Been playing a good bit lately. Think I might actually go with a Pyro+melee character build instead of a general miracle/melee build. With more of a focus on melee combat instead of relying on magic.

Currently my character, which is just pure melee since no offensive miracle spells yet, is currently in that Heide's Tower of Flame area. Now heading to the No Man's Warf.

I'm sure, as what happened the last 3 builds, I'll get invaded by an asshole that likes to take on low-level builds/etc. Can't wait to be poisoned by that butterfly set! :lol

Anyone else still having the problem on Steam where touching an invasion or summon sign automatically freezes the game for 45-60 seconds, then snaps back, tells you the invasion failed, and then disconnects you from Steam?

I was having this problem like crazy back when DLC #3 came out and had kinda figured it would have been patched by now...but I just returned to the game to check out the new content and nope.

Ok, folks, sorry for these questions but searching may lead to spoilers:

I'm on my first playthrough still, just reached the Iron Keep, haven't purchased the dlc yet. I just want to know when and where I should be on the lookout for the new npc, new items(?), and the access points to the dlc. I don't want to miss out on dialog and such by advancing too far if such a thing is possible.

void666

Banned
Maybe i'm just not good at this game. But i get really pissed when the game throws multiple enemies at me in tigh spaces. Plus a caster debuffing me and an archer taking pot shots at me. It's so cheap.
I gave up trying to kill them and just ran past them. Made it to the boss in my first try.

Unless i'm using a big ass weapon enemies just ignore my attacks.

I get hit even when i dodge. Fume knight killed me a few times with a straight thrust when i was behind him after dodging. It's like the game is lagging.

/rant

Maybe i'm just not good at this game. But i get really pissed when the game throws multiple enemies at me in tigh spaces. Plus a caster debuffing me and an archer taking pot shots at me. It's so cheap.
I gave up trying to kill them and just ran past them. Made it to the boss in my first try.

Unless i'm using a big ass weapon enemies just ignore my attacks.

I get hit even when i dodge. Fume knight killed me a few times with a straight thrust when i was behind him after dodging. It's like the game is lagging.

/rant

In all three DLC areas the enemies have a ton of poise for no real reason. I had a lot more luck using multiple quick weapons instead of my big smashy ones.

And as for being hit while dodging, how much Attunement and Adaptability does your character have?

Mistel

Banned
Ok, folks, sorry for these questions but searching may lead to spoilers:

I'm on my first playthrough still, just reached the Iron Keep, haven't purchased the dlc yet. I just want to know when and where I should be on the lookout for the new npc, new items(?), and the access points to the dlc. I don't want to miss out on dialog and such by advancing too far if such a thing is possible.
You'll find the new npc eventually at a primal bonfire, and the dlc portals are hard to miss you'll know them when you see them.

Costa

Neo Member
Why won't you be able to transfer your Xbox 360 character to the xbox1 version? I was able to do it in Diablo 3 yesterday, if not then it's a pass I spent over 300 hrs and have a lvl 300 plus character is this just another company not knowing how to do a simple transfer.

GulAtiCa

I tell ya, falling in love with this game again. Just entered the Lost Bastille. Have like 200k soul memory now. Mainly cause I love to co-op. Haven't been invaded yet, but I doubt I will be till NG+. I might at Iron Keep & Drangleic Castle, as I remember those were always popular areas.

neoism

Why won't you be able to transfer your Xbox 360 character to the xbox1 version? I was able to do it in Diablo 3 yesterday, if not then it's a pass I spent over 300 hrs and have a lvl 300 plus character is this just another company not knowing how to do a simple transfer.

Yea it sucks... Ima one character type of player so I'm just going to stick with the DX9 PC version. If you could transfer I would probably rebuy the game lol....still will probably get it on ps4down the road when it's less than 20 bones or something.

Mistel

Banned
I tell ya, falling in love with this game again. Just entered the Lost Bastille. Have like 200k soul memory now. Mainly cause I love to co-op. Haven't been invaded yet, but I doubt I will be till NG+. I might at Iron Keep & Drangleic Castle, as I remember those were always popular areas.
Whilst you're there you should get the agape ring from Straid. It stops you from gaining souls so you can pvp/co-op forever at a specific tier.

GulAtiCa

Whilst you're there you should get the agape ring from Straid. It stops you from gaining souls so you can pvp/co-op forever at a specific tier.

Yeah, I heard about that. Could come in handy for areas where I like to co-op, like Iron Keep. Only issue is I like gaining souls. haha.

Have they ever improved the soul memory issue? I remember it being a huge problem in the 1st playthrough. Really hope Bloodborne doesn't have this issue.

NG+ was much better since so many people are at different levels. And then obviously once I reached NG+++ in my main (300 hours) I had reached the max soul memory limit of like 12 million, or whatever it was, so I was tiered with everyone, so wasn't an issue anymore.

Mistel

Banned
Yeah, I heard about that. Could come in handy for areas where I like to co-op, like Iron Keep. Only issue is I like gaining souls. haha.

Have they ever improved the soul memory issue? I remember it being a huge problem in the 1st playthrough. Really hope Bloodborne doesn't have this issue.

NG+ was much better since so many people are at different levels. And then obviously once I reached NG+++ in my main (300 hours) I had reached the max soul memory limit of like 12 million, or whatever it was, so I was tiered with everyone, so wasn't an issue anymore.
There's not a fix at all other than that ring at all and widening the tiers for joining along with cross playthrough stuff being possible.

GulAtiCa

I'd love to eventually try to do some kind of invasion trolling of hiding in plain sight like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ecS0yKnNLA hilarious.

I remember one time letting people invade me in Iron Keep. I would use the Seed of the Tree of Giants item to turn the enemies on them, while I hide on top of the tower right before 1st boss. At very least I ended up killing 3 people by my enemies alone. hahaha

No idea to be honest , pretty heartbreaking if you have well invested characters. RIP my sorcerer

GulAtiCa

I've gotten a guy who invaded me a few times that was immune to my magic before. Even when he was on ladder and climbing up slowly and I used "Wrath of the Gods" on him, it did nothing. No magic ever did anything. (he was invading me, so don't act all high and mighty :p ). I figured it might be lag, but melee attacks from him and me to him worked fine.

Top Bottom