• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Considering the PC delayed release, if we project this data forward it looks like PC is perhaps on par or slightly behind the PS3 curve (I could be reading it wrong). So, 500,000 on PC seems like a reasonable sales estimate.

Mistel

Banned
Now that I think it about it it was that npc.

The musketeers chick you can summon for sinner lol, had completely forgotten about her, and thats where I had invaded lol.

Explains why she was so tanky. Doesn't explain why she didn't attackbut w/e just bad ai I guess.
Lucatiel got a buff to be far less squishy along with benhart so that is probably why it did nothing. Don't know why you weren't attacked by her though.
This is AMAZING.
You had not seen it?

Summoned someone on NG++ and beat two gray spirits before we went to the boss. I should just put down a white sign in Belfry Luna and help people beat Gray Spirits all day.

You should have to actually work a little bit for your chunks, not this ganking bullshit.

Garcia

I'm on a killing spree before I move on to NG++ . Anything I should be aware of? I'm sparing the 2 smiths, both weapon sellers and the emerald lady for later.

Mistel

Banned
You should have to actually work a little bit for your chunks, not this ganking bullshit.
Merely keeping our domains free of trespassers. You sacrifices so we benefit are not in vain for us of course.

I'm on a killing spree before I move on to NG++ . Anything I should be aware of? I'm sparing the 2 smiths, both weapon sellers and the emerald lady for later.
Your sins will be taken care of with ease so do not fret no harm will come to you.

Minamu

So apparently there are still cheaters on ps3? My girlfriend just started playing and she's SL33 with an SM of 39k souls at the second forest bonfire (I managed to kill the Pursuer at the first encounter in coop on her char, 16k free souls or 10 levels). Then we got invaded and I had to take over. But I couldn't beat the guy thanks to his massive unknown greatsword and at least four different spells, including a small frontal laser beam, soul geyser I believe and something I assume to be crystal soul spear and something that looked like it sent out three medium sized slow spears, kinda looked like dragon heads or something, I'm not familiar with int spells. It looked like he had some kind of bear fur armor but I'm not sure. How the hell is that possible with Soul Memory? He shouldn't be able to invade someone so new at the game, right? Either a cheat or he was gifted the spells, but then again, spell requirements...

Edit: His name was Mossberg8*** something, four numbers I believe, can't find him in "players met" for some reason.

Edit2: Oh yeah, he also had the moonlight greatsword, couldn't roll through the R2 attack properly.

L.O.R.D

so , after 70 hours , still didn't understand the story
can anyone explain it to me ?
and what the connection between this and dark souls 1 ?
is it true this is a prequel ?

Mistel

Banned
When I finally met the pardoner in NG+, he said I had no sin, despite murdering all the NPCs in NG right before going to NG+. No one from the Police Bros ever invaded me.
You are below the sin requirements then to be invaded. All Cromwell does is deaggro NPC's he doesn't remove sin.

Eyeh4wk

The drop rate in this game is such BS. I've farming for thew Ruin set and I manage to get 3 Ruin leggings in the same run. It's like in GTA 5 when you wait for that rare car to spawn and when it does it's a whole fleet of clones.

L.O.R.D

Then you will have 6 sin maximum below the required 10 for sinner status therefore you cannot be invaded by the blue sentinels.

Yep you are on your way to becoming wretched which adds a nasty surprise.

so, what happen when i become wretched ?
more people invading me ?
or i become the king of the undead ?

Overdoziz

Banned
Man, been having a lot of fun with my SL1 run so far. I've only gotten Freja's soul so far, but I haven't been having much trouble with the bosses yet. Probably helps that my Mace+10 is much better than the Heide Sword I had in my first playthrough. Barely any of the boss attacks are insta-kills so it's mostly just stamina management during battles. And of course getting used to having fewer iframes.

so, i become easier to be killed ?

It gimps your life bar, so that you only can have a percentage of the total. You lose 5% of your max hp each time you die, to a maximum of a 50% life bar. When in "wretch" status, your max hp can go as low as 5% of your total hp. If you have 100 hp, normally your max hollow status would be 50 hp, when a wretch, your fully healed hp will be 5.

Yes you are easier to be killed.

burgerdog

As soon as I reach 1million souls carried I'm going to level up and say fuck SL150, no point with SM. Carrying 850k so it won't be long now.

L.O.R.D

It gimps your life bar, so that you only can have a percentage of the total. You lose 5% of your max hp each time you die, to a maximum of a 50% life bar. When in "wretch" status, your max hp can go as low as 5% of your total hp. If you have 100 hp, normally your max hollow status would be 50 hp, when a wretch, your fully healed hp will be 5.

Yes you are easier to be killed.

thanks for clarification

will....shit

Lord Phol

Finally did it, killed the bloody bastard
Ancient Dragon
. Took me about 70 or so tries and four 4 hours straight but he's dead and so are all the other bosses. Now I can finally put this game down. It's been a fun ride, I still love the game but that was bit much. Almost started hating it but I feel kind of relieved now. Apart from the Dragon I think it was superior in almost every way to the first game, hope they keep the quality for the next installement.

021E9340F989BC5DE8268B68613A33B8E1800638

Finalow

uhm, online = dead?
I hardly get any invasions, summon signs and 0 people summoning me. even in ng+, and yes, I'm using cross-play since I started. I just want to get a fucking Token of Fidelity.
I guess and hope that it's just me, maybe my SM is too low for ng+? 1.4kk it shouldn't be too low though.

meh, anyway doing faith build this time and it's nice but still not as good/fun as hex - int/faith build, or rather, I miss GRW.

Mistel

Banned
By 1.4KK you mean 1.4 million Finalow? If so then that's quite low really for NG+ considering that's just a bit more than opening the shrine of winter the first time around.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
People invading me by letting me know when my summon sign disappears near a gate: Thanks for letting me know to roll off a cliff, assholes. Somehow doing it while I'm hollow doesn't make sense since I'm not a belltower, but okay From.

Took a few hours to methodically clear the stupid poison statues but so long as you DO NOT DIE they won't "respawn" on reset at a bonfire. That and don't warp.

But god, such a terrible area of set-up due to the stupid 5+ poison spewers hitting you per second.

knitoe

People invading me by letting me know when my summon sign disappears near a gate: Thanks for letting me know to roll off a cliff, assholes. Somehow doing it while I'm hollow doesn't make sense since I'm not a belltower, but okay From.

Took a few hours to methodically clear the stupid poison statues but so long as you DO NOT DIE they won't "respawn" on reset at a bonfire. That and don't warp.

But god, such a terrible area of set-up due to the stupid 5+ poison spewers hitting you per second.
I ended up just ignoring the statues and letting poison me. Chugging potions counter that, and while the poison meter is up, you are you are immune for the time.

elfinke

Summoned someone on NG++ and beat two gray spirits before we went to the boss. I should just put down a white sign in Belfry Luna and help people beat Gray Spirits all day.

Before my save was corrupted, I spent a little while doing that on the PC. Good times. I kept hoping someone would summon me who wanted to do nothing more than stand around and kill BellBros.

so , how much SM does anyone have right now ?
is there a chart of how many % of people have SM range right now ?

We don't have hard data on that. I started ng+ at 2.8M. A little over 3M now and I see a fair amount of summons. I think a lot of folks start ng+ at over 3M based on anecdotes from gaf posts.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Somehow one of the Sublime Bost Dust's has up and disappeared in my NG. :/ I have checked all the locations have +4 reinforcement yet don't have one in my collection to get the max. WTF?

Top Bottom