• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arjen

I love reading this thread, y'all complaining that it's harder then the first in the first areas are in for a treat.

This is PC. lol, thisi s what people complained about in the first, it's funny.

DKS1: "Not enough invaders, co-op/ summon, ect"

DKS2 "SO MANY INVADERS, SO MANY SUMMON SIGNS!"

From must be scratching their head :p

Except the belltowers are walled off areas where everyone is expecting to be invaded. It's a bloody warzone for PVP. The only real random invasions happen in newgame+

JLeack

Banned
That makes sense. That's the whole point of the
Belfry areas
. That's basically a dedicated PVP zone
with an optional boss

I'm sad most of the PVP in NG is jailed off into the covenant stuff :(

Ah, I had no idea. I can skip this? If so I'm outtie.

ElFly

I had just summoned two dudes in Heide and got to the central fork where there are three giant warriors, where two walk back to let you fight the central one, when we saw the "so and so black phantom has invaded!"

Dude saw us, realized he had come to the wrong neighborhood, and committed suicide.

Sullichin

So.. does it say your character name when you invade or have all the invaders i've seen so far just had really short steam handles? :p

JLeack

Banned
Alright. That's cool then. I get the PvP thing. It's just that I got invaded 7 times in the past 30 minutes by two people each time. If this was a required area I would have no idea what to do.

zma1013

It's bad in the Belfry's, no doubt. You'll get through them, I just...wouldn't come in there with a full wallet, if you know what I mean.

Edit: Oh dammit. Just got the heads up that I might have to go and be social tonight. Sister in law's place, and her husband WILL be playing DS2 tonight, because I bought it for him as a B-Day present. If I've gotta sit by and watch someone else play...

And you just know it's going to be one of those people who play it and miss completely obvious things and then you will try to direct them to the right place and you will say "go left there, in that doorway," and the guy will go right and say, "what doorway," and you'll say, "no your other left" and he'll spin around 360° past the doorway and still not see it and you will jump out the window out of frustration.

LiK

So.. does it say your character name when you invade or have all the invaders i've seen so far just had really short steam handles? :p

unlike the consoles, i noticed that they simply use the made up name from what i've seen from summoning. much better cuz you don't need to deal with potential hate mail. i've never received one on consoles personally but others have.

zma1013

Alright. That's cool then. I get the PvP thing. It's just that I got invaded 7 times in the past 30 minutes by two people each time. If this was a required area I would have no idea what to do.

Kill them both. Even though you are at a numbers disadvantage, they can't heal, at least not with estus or lifegems.

JimPanzer

something feels awfully off with this game. I could beat artorias w/o getting hit in DS1 but can't get the
pursuer
to the half of his health.

This is PC. lol, thisi s what people complained about in the first, it's funny.

DKS1: "Not enough invaders, co-op/ summon, ect"

DKS2 "SO MANY INVADERS, SO MANY SUMMON SIGNS!"

From must be scratching their head :p

Err its just like the Forest in DS. Constant invasions since the level caps are more lenient and the game is constantly trying to match you.

Shortage of invasions is something I have never faced in any Souls game. Heck I was invading people in DeS today (Soul level 20) for hours and that game is like 5 years old.

Hagi

Try updating Windows Media Player and setting your scaling to GPU over display in drivers.

Also make sure all injectors are turned off. Fraps, Afterburner, Steam overlay, etc.

Yeah none of that does anything i even did some of the stuff recommended in the forum on steam to no avail. Guess I'll have to wait for From to offer a fix themselves.

Respect

As a heads up there is an item in
Belfry Luna after the boss (key)
. Which can help in another zone
Sinner's Rise.

And you just know it's going to be one of those people who play it and miss completely obvious things and then you will try to direct them to the right place and you will say "go left there, in that doorway," and the guy will go right and say, "what doorway," and you'll say, "no your other left" and he'll spin around 360° past the doorway and still not see it and you will jump out the window out of frustration.

Nah, he's playing now...I got him into the first and he became some kind of uber invader. Lucky prick'll get to play all night while I watch and want. And be the DD.

Tiops

Belfry Luna.

I mean, I am literally having two people invade me every time I step foot inside.

This is awful.
It's an optional area, focused on PVP, and the best place in the game to farm Titanite Chunks. It's always going to be filled with invaders. And it's really fun to PVP there.

Try to not commit any sin during the game, or you will hate NG+.

AkuMifune

Banned
I ended up being summoned by King Joffrey last night for the Pursuer. I uh...didn't feel bad when he got between my ballista and the Pursuer.

Hah. I'll bet it's really ironic when he gets...well, you know.
poisoned

Was a sorcerer on PS3, but wanted to try melee on the PC.

Everyone I've encountered is melee STR build on PC. ;/

cm osi

something feels awfully off with this game. I could beat artorias w/o getting hit in DS1 but can't get the
pursuer

artorias was way stronger. unless you don't use a shield pursuer shouldn't be a problem. just dodge him by going counterclock-wise and backroll when his sword becomes blue.

Tiops

pursuer
Try raising your ADP, it makes rolling better, increasing your invincibility frames. But the boss has one attack with broken hitbox (an overhead slash), so beware of that.

Ferr986

pursuer

That happened to me too in X360. I have Artorias mastered but I had an awfully time with the Pursuer. He drains a lot of stamina. You'll eventually get it.

dreamfall

So, so good.

Traveling through the Wharf right now- and it's neat to see how monsters react to the torch!

And then I LIT A HUGE TORCH. Everyone is cowering! Muahaha.

LiK

i'm playing 2560x1440 (High settings) on i5 with a GTX570 and my framerate is still silky smooth. you guys should be fine.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
You should fight the first one there, as the other 2 won't aggro on you until the first is dead or you leave the platform.

In my playthrough, they did eventually but it took a while. However the NPC summon just before the boss is a priestess and she seems designed to stand on that platform and assault the other two with lightning spears. She was a much bigger help than most NPC summons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom