• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me how weapon infusion works?

I've got the Heide Knight Sword +6 and want to infuse it with lightning, how do I go about doing that? Do I need to get it to +10 first?

There is a Blacksmith in
Lost Bastille
that requires a particular item for Infusion. You must have the relevant Infusion material to change it to that type as well.

Garcia

Power Stance with 2 Bastard Swords +10 =

ieeZki.gif

Ellite25

Alright guys, so I beat the game last night and I'm planning on doing a NG+ run now. Is there anything I should do first before I start over?

zkylon

zkylewd
qi think i'm reaching spider cave (just got to iron keep)

any kind soul could hint me what i should be looking for as a warning? i don't really mind spoilers for this, if you tell me "at x place, y dies and then z door opens that leads into the cave" that'd be terrific
just reposting this in chance anyone could be so kind

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Y'know,
Ancient Dragon
wouldn't be that annoying to fight if he wasn't so hard to get to in the first place.

Fuck those long stairs.

Yea I'd have no problem doing the work to learn his patterns and beat him if it wasn't such a shit run to get there.

Hzoltan69

I just shot someone with a few arrows in No Man's Wharf who seems to be an NPC. I only realized it when he started to talk... I quickly left the area (without killing him), is there a way to make him friendly again?

Grief.exe

I just shot someone with a few arrows in No Man's Wharf who seems to be an NPC. I only realized it when he started to talk... I quickly left the area (without killing him), is there a way to make him friendly again?

There is always a way to forgive your sins in Dark Souls.

Just keep exploring, you will eventually find a way.

FINALLY beat the Sentinels. Holy hell did that take a while. Took me, NPC, and coop bro to finally get it done. The hardest part was getting to the ground successfully. So many runs where someone would drop too early and just get crushed.

made it down to the water, those big guys really suck.

Time to start running around and finding places to put funny messages.

'illusinary wall' where there isn't one is always great.

Holy moly just had a heart attack.
Took out the one sentinel by the first platform and saw another on the other platform, so I tried to get as far to the edge as possible so I could maybe snipe him with my lightning spears, and suddenly BOOOOMCRASHBANG!! A third sentinel jumps up and throws me down to my death! Had to just quit and take a moment to collect myself after that. So unexpected and loud.

Yeah....2nd will jump up and shortly the 3rd will join.

Can anyone tell me how weapon infusion works?

I've got the Heide Knight Sword +6 and want to infuse it with lightning, how do I go about doing that? Do I need to get it to +10 first?

Heide already has lightning though, doesn't it? Does infusing it add to what's already there?

Power Stance with 2 Bastard Swords +10 =

http://i.minus.com/ieeZki.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Um...what stats do you need for that/

Garcia

Beat the game yesterday sword and board. Tried sorcerer today and just doesn't feel as satisfying sitting back throwing magic arrows

I fought a sorcerer once on a PvP match and it was just boring to see him spamming spells 20 meters away. Of course he got me (I wear no armor).

L.O.R.D

i really wish there is a map or something to tell me where should i go
like objective
just beat
old iron flame king
in the iron keep
don't know where should i go

Can you play this in 120Hz/144Hz, in fullscreen?

The input lag in 60Hz is annoying. Borderless fullscreen is fine, but I want dat 3D!

(and Nvidia 3D Vision doesn't work in windowed mode for some reason)

Aselith

There is a Blacksmith in
Lost Bastille
that requires a particular item for Infusion. You must have the relevant Infusion material to change it to that type as well.

Now I have to go back there! I missed this guy and I think I had it fully explored. Is he behind the locked door between the bonfires in that area down the steps? Wasn't sure how to open that as I didn't find a key for it. This game is so damn dense with stuff to find. :0

I started over going from console to PC and found tons of stuff that I missed the first time around. So good.

Levyne

Banned
Oh. I have the Heide +10. maybe I should infuse it..

I feel a bit bad still using it, since I got it so early. The bastard sword is okay too, but seems like a sideways move.

Kyou

You know I did kill an invader shortly before going into the boss

You don't get souls from invaders do you, though? Maybe the guy was hella cheating.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yea I'd have no problem doing the work to learn his patterns and beat him if it wasn't such a shit run to get there.

thats one of the reasons why Im using a lot more summons this time (well that and its much easier compared to the shitfest that was GFWL in the first), I jut cba with running back, killing mobs, etc. If a bonfire is close to the boss (as I think they all should be) ill retry the boss a bunch of times, like the
giant rat thing

and the weird part is, some bosses DO have bonfires like right outside the room!

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't understand the question
sorry, meant what specifically i should be on the look out for to know that spider cave is up next. like a sign or an area or whatever

Is this because of arachnophobia?
It's in an area after the Shaded Woods, Brightstone Cove Tseldora.
yeah, unfortunately i do in a pretty crippling way. queelag and metal spider from demons were ok but i always feared a souls game would take it too far with spiders and seems like they finally did. i'll probably just ask my brother to stay with me for moral support and i'll give the controller to him if i feel i can't handle it :/

so, is
shaded woods
ok to play then?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh. I have the Heide +10. maybe I should infuse it..

I feel a bit bad still using it, since I got it so early. The bastard sword is okay too, but seems like a sideways move.

nothing can touch my upgraded Greatsword, I feel the same way. I just got mine to +10, how does it work from here? should I infuse it with something? make it raw (can you still do that in 2?) or something else? im pure STR build

mannerbot

sorry, meant what specifically i should be on the look out for to know that spider cave is up next. like a sign or an area or whatever

yeah, unfortunately i do in a pretty crippling way. queelag and metal spider from demons were ok but i always feared a souls game would take it too far with spiders and seems like they finally did. i'll probably just ask my brother to stay with me for moral support and i'll give the controller to him if i feel i can't handle it :/

so, is
shaded woods
ok to play then?

Yes, though
there is a scorpion boss/npc in Shaded Woods.
Aside from that, the area I specifically mentioned is where all of the bugs are.

Now I have to go back there! I missed this guy and I think I had it fully explored. Is he behind the locked door between the bonfires in that area down the steps? Wasn't sure how to open that as I didn't find a key for it. This game is so damn dense with stuff to find. :0

I started over going from console to PC and found tons of stuff that I missed the first time around. So good.

Do you remember a large undead enemy kicking a barrel down the stairs and blowing up? There is a destructible wall there or use the Bastille key. It is in the very early part of the level with a bunch of dogs.

zkylon

zkylewd
I didn't find the spiders that bad..

... unless there are more
well you're not as crazy as i am :)

Yes, though
there is a scorpion boss/npc in Shaded Woods.
Aside from that, the area I specifically mentioned is where all of the bugs are.
ah ok, thank you

i generally don't have issues with that so i'll probably make it on my own until i get the spider cave message and then do deep breaths and all that crap lol

The_Monk

zkylon
|
|
v

*Message on the floor*

Visions of comfort ahead
|
|
v

*Monk appears, waving and giving moral support
|
|
v

*rates message*

Hope you can manage it, zkylon!

so, is
shaded woods
ok to play then?

Oh sorry. Yeah, Shaded woods is still fine, unless your phobia extends to
scorpions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom