• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Guys, what's the best way to upgrade my +10 greatsword for a pure STR build?

zkylon

zkylewd
(Sinner's Rise Spoilers)
Just finished sinners rise. The lost sinner was easy as fuck. I was surprised he dropped a great soul. Was he much more difficult on consoles pre-patch? He's a pretty cool looking boss though, reminded me of the blind king boss in 4-2 in Demon's Souls.
-----
On an unrelated note, the ruin sentinels were also pretty underwhelming. Got them on my second try.

Now I'm off to to whatever is past the petrified statue that was blocking a switch outside Majula.
yeah
lost sinner
is surprisingly easy. again my issue with bosses being too forgiving and too low-health, tho maybe that's fixed in ng+.

i thought that fight could've been really cool if it forced you to bring like a torch and to light some places cos i couldn't see anything and i kept hearing some scary noises come out of the darkness that really creeped me out when i played it. i was always expecting something scary (usually a spider but that's my crazy brain working) to jump at me.

even if you didn't have to fight using the torch, just forcing you to like roll for a bit and light up some torch-stand thingies would've been enough to make it more interesting i think

to me the sinner was a weaker version of artorias. even if you're alone she gives you too much opening. artorias was faster and ruthless.
wait lost sinner was a she?

english huh

Kalnos

Banned
Regarding Blue Sentinels...

I don't think the problem is with Blue Sentinels but rather that unless someone is in Way of the Blue then you can't help them. If they let Blue Sentinels help any non-Brotherhood of Blood that gets invaded it would be better I think.

Gazoinks

Have a lot of trouble with D
uke's Dear Freja.
Hard solo, and everyone I summon keeps dying. Anyone have any sweet tips? I've gotta do it with an ascetic as soon as I can too, because
I want the MLGS.
Grrr.

Nabs

I've done the same thing here that I did in the first Dark Souls: pretty much entirely ignore covenant stuff :(

What's a fun one to do? Or should I just wait for NG+ and do something then? I feel like at SL100+ it's probably too late to start anything.

Rat King Covenant
is fun. Both areas are fun to mess around in. I'm SL100+ and have been doing this for the last few hours.

cm osi

wait lost sinner was a she?

english huh

some thinks she's the witch of izalith.

Prisoner of Sinner's Rise, the Lost Sinner eternally punishes herself for the sins of her past. Indeed, she committed what some would believe to be the ultimate sin - she attempted to relight the First Flame.
The Lost Sinner possesses the Soul of a Great One; she holds the remnants of the Soul of the Old Witch of Izalith. Eons have passed since the legendary Witch walked the land, but such was her power that it persists even now.

Need a little end game help.

I got the King's ring and fought the two Throne bosses and the final boss is supposed to appear but nothing is happening. What am I missing?

Timu

I'm going to start using magic now and I have the Soul Arrows, should I get Great Soul Arrow, Heavy Soul Arrow or Great Heavy Soul Arrow next?

So this is interesting. I'm dueling in the brotherhood of blood arena while listening to music on foobar2000. As soon as I get summoned into the arena the music dims to really low And as soon as I'm back in the Undead Purgatory it goes back up to normal levels. What is this awesome sorcery?

Maxed out the
Rat King
Covenant, don't need to worry about lockstones anymore I guess :lol

tDWIOyG.png

Hot Damn. I need to get to this Covenant...

I had joined Blue Sentinels, but I think I did some things in the "wrong order" or something, because I was never pulled in to defend anyone and I was never able to jump into a world of a "guilty" person.

I was pulled in right after I joined, but that's it. Probably has to do with people leaving way of the blue and soul memory stuff.

zkylon

zkylewd
some thinks she's the witch of izalith.

Prisoner of Sinner's Rise, the Lost Sinner eternally punishes herself for the sins of her past. Indeed, she committed what some would believe to be the ultimate sin - she attempted to relight the First Flame.
The Lost Sinner possesses the Soul of a Great One; she holds the remnants of the Soul of the Old Witch of Izalith. Eons have passed since the legendary Witch walked the land, but such was her power that it persists even now.
hmm you might want to spoilertag that whole post

but that's very interesting

i haven't been reading into the dks1 connections or the lore overall too much because timelines are kind of confusing for me right now

didn't get the impression she was punishing herself tho, as more as she was being punished. from the item description of one of the bastille keys the whole place seems to have been turned into a prison for people believed to have the undead curse? i think? can't really remember

eot

Banned
I beat Sm
elter Demon. It took a few tries but wasn't as bad as I expected. He hits hard but has a pretty basic moveset that isn't too challenging to dodge through. The healing opportunities are super long too, so the chip damage you take from his body wasn't too much of a problem for me. If he's the best boss in the game, like I heard someone say, then I'm a little disappointed. I got his sword, but I have almost none of the upgrade material. Does it get any good?

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Have a lot of trouble with D
uke's Dear Freja.
Hard solo, and everyone I summon keeps dying. Anyone have any sweet tips? I've gotta do it with an ascetic as soon as I can too, because
I want the MLGS.
Grrr.

Keep circling right and manage your stamina so that you never completely run out (so you can sprint at will). The reason to circle right is the clearly telegraphed sweeping beam attack that, at least in my experience, always went from left to right (relative to you facing her), and can be tricky to dodge past. Try to pick off as many spiders as you can but don't get too focused on them. They'll often meander about slowly, then decide to pursue you really persistently at times, so it's good to keep you and the camera moving so you can be aware of their positioning. While you're doing all this, whenever the boss commits to an attack, sprint "behind" and smash it a couple of times in the face, then resume your circling. Don't use all your stamina when attacking, because you might need to roll to dodge an attack as you back off.

cm osi

hmm you might want to spoilertag that whole post

but that's very interesting

i haven't been reading into the dks1 connections or the lore overall too much because timelines are kind of confusing for me right now

didn't get the impression she was punishing herself tho, as more as she was being punished. from the item description of one of the bastille keys the whole place seems to have been turned into a prison for people believed to have the undead curse? i think? can't really remember

i don't think there's a real connection, it's more like From recycling assets and items.

Rich!

DUDE. Spoilers don't work if you put the entirety of the spoiler's context in the spoiler.

Why is it so hard for people to understand this.

"I wonder what area is good to farm souls in OH IT'S
IRON KEEP
GREAT I DIDN'T KNOW THAT AREA EXISTED THE GAME IS RUINED."

Ain't hard, dude. Hell, just say the name of the area. The name of the area doesn't spoil anything.

logic would dictate that you would highlight the area's name first. It isn't just one whole spoiler block - it's two.

Zeliard

I've been playing some co-op against Smelter with the host occasionally summoning
Lucatiel
as well. Man, they buffed her up hard. She's tankier than 12 Havels.

I've been playing some co-op against Smelter with the host occasionally summoning
Lucatiel
as well. Man, they buffed her up hard. She's tankier than 12 Havels.

I've been going for the Platinum since the patches, and I've used her for two boss fights, She takes hits like a champ, it made me wonder what everyone was complaining about before.

BPoole

If you want to know how to win beat him, read this.

The fight is easier if you fight in front of his head. Stand in front of him and he will do 1 of 2 things. He will breath fire straight out, which you then simply run left or right to avoid and the smack him on the front foot, then run back in front of him. The other thing he'll do is fly in the air an breath fire everywhere. As soon as you see him flap his wings, turn around and run directly away from him, full speed, non-stop. You should easily clear that attack everytime if you do this. Then just go back in front of his face and repeat.

I tried fighting under him attacking his back legs but he's too unpredictable and you can't escape the flying fire attack.
Well god damn it, that was easy :p

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't think there's a real connection, it's more like From recycling assets and items.
ah, that's kinda lame lol

i'm really excited for vaatividya to explain to me everything i didn't understand in my playthrough

probably gonna watch enb beat the game too

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
God damn it, all this time hunting for the 12th estus flask shard and it was the one in the well in Majula.

God I'm a jackass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom