• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garcia

Jeez smelter boss is not a good boss to put your summoning mark down for. :X Everyone dies.

There is one worse than that: The
Ancient Dragon
. I've tried helping at least 20 people out but he always ends up killing the host.

well you're not as crazy as i am :)

ah ok, thank you

i generally don't have issues with that so i'll probably make it on my own until i get the spider cave message and then do deep breaths and all that crap lol

OK then, more specific because they are introduced in an ambush. When you get to Brightstone Cove, there is an army camp, as you descend down it starts to turn to caves. It hits you there.

Echoplx

Maxed out the
Rat King
Covenant, don't need to worry about lockstones anymore I guess :lol

tDWIOyG.png

I just went through
Earthen Peak.

Mytha
took me a few tries but
Covetous Demon
was a joke.

I didn't get hit one time.

cm osi

Jeez smelter boss is not a good boss to put your summoning mark down for. :X Everyone dies.

i know. it seems smelter doesn't pay much attention to the redeye ring so if i don't keep hitting him he turn to other players and smash them without mercy. sometimes being a tanker is a hard job.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I've done the same thing here that I did in the first Dark Souls: pretty much entirely ignore covenant stuff :(

What's a fun one to do? Or should I just wait for NG+ and do something then? I feel like at SL100+ it's probably too late to start anything.

cm osi

So having finished the game I'd like to ask others:

1) Most loved area in the game?
2) Most hated area in the game?

1) Probably Iron Keep
2) shrine of Amana

I've done the same thing here that I did in the first Dark Souls: pretty much entirely ignore covenant stuff :(

What's a fun one to do? Or should I just wait for NG+ and do something then? I feel like at SL100+ it's probably too late to start anything.

BellBros is Ganker Paradise, rat covenant can be fun, it's 1 vs 1 + mobs. never tried blue sentinels

DukeBobby

So having finished the game I'd like to ask others:

1) Most loved area in the game?
2) Most hated area in the game?

Most loved:
Drangleic castle, Dragon Aerie, Heide's Tower of Flame, Iron Keep
Most hated:
The Gutter, Black Gulch, Harvest Valley, Shrine of Amana

I could have picked one, but I love/hate a lot of areas equally.

finalflame

Getting really tired of these cheesy PVP builds. Hope FROM does something to address the whole issue with soul memory and PVP at end game, it is getting annoying fighting nonstop Havel mages, and I don't feel like having to build a cheesy character to PVP at higher levers because people think it's fun to spam magic.

MG310

i know. it seems smelter doesn't pay much attention to the redeye ring so if i don't keep hitting him he turn to other players and smash them without mercy. sometimes being a tanker is a hard job.

It seems to love hitting the NPC summon more than anything else..luckily she seems like she can actually survive that now.

Havel

Lost Bastille
is probably the best designed area in the game. It has multiple layers and shortcuts, and probably one of the only areas in the game close to matching Dark Souls 1 in level design.

Also...I'm sure bish will love this mod .

36-1-1398768305.png

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
BellBros is Ganker Paradise, rat covenant con be fun, it's 1 vs 1 + mobs. never tried blue sentinels
I had joined Blue Sentinels, but I think I did some things in the "wrong order" or something, because I was never pulled in to defend anyone and I was never able to jump into a world of a "guilty" person.

Blood Bros and Blue Man Group have special PvP arenas for members. I'm thinking of trying those.

Maybesew

I had joined Blue Sentinels, but I think I did some things in the "wrong order" or something, because I was never pulled in to defend anyone and I was never able to jump into a world of a "guilty" person.

You aren't alone. I was in blue sentinels on the ps3 version for days and days and never got summoned into anyone's game to help them

Aselith

If someone puts a soapstone message directly on top of a wall that has an illusory wall, does it block you from opening the wall with the A button? This has been bothering me because there are all these messages and obviously some are trolling but i'm wondering if it's blocking me sometimes also.

Seems like a huge oversight on From's part if it does.

cm osi

Blood Bros and Blue Man Group have special PvP arenas for members. I'm thinking of trying those.

a special pvp arena with no reward and no item needed will be GREAT. sadly, you need items to do pvp.

If someone puts a soapstone message directly on top of a wall that has an illusory wall, does it block you from opening the wall with the A button? This has been bothering me because there are all these messages and obviously some are trolling but i'm wondering if it's blocking me sometimes also.

Seems like a huge oversight on From's part if it does.

if there's a illusory wall it will open even if there's a message. if it doesn't open it's fake.

zkylon

zkylewd
zkylon
|
|
v

*Message on the floor*

Visions of comfort ahead
|
|
v

*Monk appears, waving and giving moral support
|
|
v

*rates message*

Hope you can manage it, zkylon!
lol my "i did it!" message when i beat fucking spider boss will be the jolliest i'll ever put down

think i might start clearing the spiders a few at a time then going back to the bonfire and again and again so that they don't respawn, tho i'll prolly won't feel too safe anyways.

i heard that spider cave is home to some really important npcs too

why do you do this to me from T_T

Oh sorry. Yeah, Shaded woods is still fine, unless your phobia extends to
scorpions
probably should still see it but usually they're ok

like the ones i'm 100% bad with are spiders and roaches. everything else is usually fine, and even most spiders are usually case by case and i can endure

it's just that dark souls is a stressful game by itself and from what i've seen these spiders seem to be placed in the most cruel way possible T_T

OK then, more specific because they are introduced in an ambush. When you get to Brightstone Cove, there is an army camp, as you descend down it starts to turn to caves. It hits you there.
thanks, that's very useful

Mistel

Banned
Soul memory screwed over the aid mechanism so you're unlikely to ever get that to work. Not to mention the apostles are left early.

Guilty is less broken you just need to be within range.

AJLma

Blue Sentinels sucks as it is, I've never been summoned once.

Not hard to understand why, invading is damn near impossible.

onionfrog

(Sinner's Rise Spoilers)
Just finished sinners rise. The lost sinner was easy as fuck. I was surprised he dropped a great soul. Was he much more difficult on consoles pre-patch? He's a pretty cool looking boss though, reminded me of the blind king boss in 4-2 in Demon's Souls.
-----
On an unrelated note, the ruin sentinels were also pretty underwhelming. Got them on my second try.

Now I'm off to to whatever is past the petrified statue that was blocking a switch outside Majula.

Aselith

(Sinner's Rise Spoilers)
Just finished sinners rise. The lost sinner was easy as fuck. I was surprised he dropped a great soul. Was he much more difficult on consoles pre-patch? He's a pretty cool looking boss though, reminded me of the blind king boss in 4-2 in Demon's Souls.

Now I'm off to to whatever is past the petrified statue that was blocking a switch outside Majula.

Prepare for cursing!

aeolist

Banned
hey i beat the boss in
heide's tower and apparently there's supposed to be an NPC who sells miracles by the bonfire above his room but she's not there. is there something else that needs to happen before she'll appear?

cm osi

(Sinner's Rise Spoilers)
-----
On an unrelated note, the ruin sentinels were also pretty underwhelming. Got them on my second try.

to me the sinner was a weaker version of artorias. even if you're alone she gives you too much opening. artorias was faster and ruthless.

hey i beat the boss in
heide's tower and apparently there's supposed to be an NPC who sells miracles by the bonfire above his room but she's not there. is there something else that needs to happen before she'll appear?

even if you use the bonfire to travel away and then return there?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just learned about power stance. So there are whole new sets of animations for a bunch of different dual-wielding combos? This game was made for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom