• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

This amount of hype. I can't control it. It's Dark Souls all over again... HNNNG

Wish I could find that GAFfer that was so hyped in the Dark Souls thread couple of years ago that when he tried to put a real sword in the middle of his couch's cushions to copy a bonfire he made a little cut in his own hand! Anyone remembers that? :0

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I'm not messing with SweetFX until I've beat the game vanilla, don't want to screw with the original art and aesthetic the developers intended until I've seen it once.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
See, I knew this game was shit (on consoles). This is a GREAT game right now.

AkuMifune

Banned
Still undecided on the sweetfx, I like the moody high contrast look but the colors seem off.

For certain games it feels sacrilegious, like messing with artistic integrity. This is one of those times.

Maybe I'm thinking too much, but most of the time I don't think enough. ;)

Despera

Banned
So I already finished pre-loading the game a couple of days ago, but I started up Steam just now, 3 hours before the game unlocks, and I'm greeted with this:

iBWAlCG3qdcYE.JPG

I almost had a heart attack... but when I restarted steam I got this:

ijLe5c6U8J7CV.JPG

Phew!

Still, why isn't it 100% complete? Was the game updated prior to release or something?

Levyne

Banned
Eh, why not I have some time to kill. Might as well get sweetfx up and running.

Can you or someone explain to me how you get it on Dark Souls II. I've never used SweetFX before. Also where Durante's profile for it is. >->

It's been half a year since I used it, but iirc you just put the main file in the same location as the exe. If you're not 100% sure it's kicking in, just set the vibrancy to some crazy amount to test. At least that's what I did, haha.

I think something like pgup is also the default toggle for on and off or something.

Mkilbride

Banned
Yes, I am using DS3Wrapper, I tired DS4Tool before, didn't work for me well.

ALSO, I just got disconnected! What gives!

I was mid-intro, watching, super hyped...and bam!

AkuMifune

Banned
I think Durante doesn't like the fact that it messes with the UI colors and stuff. Maaaybe he's hiding something from us?

Super secret DS2fix to feature custom built-in SweetFX profile and DS4 wrapper and automatically increases the interconnectedness of levels while also adding Mikami's name to the credits.

Sullichin

This amount of hype. I can't control it. It's Dark Souls all over again... HNNNG

Wish I could find that GAFfer that was so hyped in the Dark Souls thread couple of years ago that when he tried to put a real sword in the middle of his couch's cushions to copy a bonfire he made a little cut in his own hand! Anyone remembers that? :0

He's right here! vvvv

See, I knew this game was shit (on consoles). This is a GREAT game right now.

KarmaCow

To all the VPN people, was there a big patch after unlocking, how long did it take to get started after decrypting the preload?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I already finished pre-loading the game a couple of days ago, but I started up Steam just now, 3 hours before the game unlocks, and I'm greeted with this:

iBWAlCG3qdcYE.JPG

I almost had a heart attack... but when I restarted steam I got this:

ijLe5c6U8J7CV.JPG

Phew!

Still, why isn't it 100% complete? Was the game updated prior to release or something?

Yeah, there's a day one patch. Scamco could have just rolled this into the pre-load, but, hey, baby steps.

trying to do pursuer right after lost giant, had him to like 2 more swings until a kill then fffffffff dead. Should probably come back later but I really want to know what is behind that fog gate.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This is me realizing it unlocks tonight and not tomorrow night. Well theeeeere goes any hope of beating DS1 again beforehand. That will just have to be a game to revisit one day in the future when I need my fix.

Pre-loaded and body ready. Also: dat Durantease.
YOU DEFEATED

Also, does the 360 pad, wired or wireless, work from the go? I sure as hell hope it does!
It damn well better, it worked for DS1... :p

Arulan

I'm almost as excited to watch this tomorrow as I am to have more players in the game.

Also, you know, I wouldn't bother getting SweetFX.

What kind of a performance hit did you get with 4x SGSSAA and HBAO+? I'm running a i7-920@3.8 and a 670.

Additionally, GeDoSaTo looks really impressive. Being able to downsample to higher target frequencies (120hz) is much-needed.

greenfish

Banned
Yeah, there's a day one patch. Scamco could have just rolled this into the pre-load, but, hey, baby steps.

Scamco?

From made this game, they are the ones to blame for any graphical downgrades. Same as DICE over and over screwed their customers (EA wasn't always with dice)

Mkilbride

Banned
Performance is pretty good!

Maxed out, 1440p, 50% use of my GTX670! And smooth 60FPS.

With SLI, who knows what I could do?

Still, can't play it online which sucks. I tired with the VPN, but I got disconnected after awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom