• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Mistel

Banned
The damage is great actually, the best build for it is 40/40 DEX/STR. They just have a very slow wind-up and you need to get used to it.
No its not its got three way split damage with poor scaling of D/D/D/D it doesn't have as high damage as it appears suffering even more so as it is two weapons so you've got half physical in each blade, even the Drakeblood Greatsworrd is better (which is saying something). Though you can raise the damage via rings etc it is still suffering from split damage.

Alo0oy

Banned
Good fight.

No its not its got three way split damage with poor scaling of D/D/D/D it doesn't have as high damage as it appears suffering even more so as it is two weapons so you've got half physical in each blade, even the Drakeblood Greatsworrd is better (which is saying something). Though you can raise the damage via rings etc it is still suffering from split damage.

No, it's two way split damage, each sword has two damage types, I have them at +10, they do good damage, they're a bit hard to use though.

Mistel

Banned
No, it's two way split damage, each sword has two damage types, I have them at +10, they do good damage, they're a bit hard to use though.
How are they +10 if they're a boss weapon? Isn't the AR displayed using the three damage types then separated into both half physical as there's two and the respective element for each blade?

Alo0oy

Banned
How are they +10 if they're a boss weapon? Isn't the AR displayed using the three damage types then separated into both half physical as there's two and the respective element for each blade?

They're +5, my mistake.

Their AR is indeed misleading, the shown AR is 600+, but that adds the elemental damage from each sword, but they still do very good damage, they're just hard to use because of the long wind-up.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
On in a wee bit! Keep my space warm!

Didnt they nerf the weapon art so that it doesn't stunlock after the first two spins or something?

They did...? It's been a little while. It's fucked then :D That was literally the only way I could rack up any damage with them. SSTB or WTB are a much better proposition.

They're +5, my mistake.

Their AR is indeed misleading, the shown AR is 600+, but that adds the elemental damage from each sword, but they still do very good damage, they're just hard to use because of the long wind-up.

Really? I found their damage really poor.

They did...? It's been a little while. It's fucked then :D That was literally the only way I could rack up any damage with them. SSTB or WTB are a much better proposition.

I'm going for a dual wield dex build (with a bit of Int/Fth for buffs) so I'm looking at either Dancer's, Gotthard, or Onikiri as my late game weapons.

Since Onikiri is the only one with bleed build up, I'm thinking of putting a bleed infusion on it, I'm not a luck or hollow build but hopefully it still works just as well.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going for a dual wield dex build (with a bit of Int/Fth for buffs) so I'm looking at either Dancer's, Gotthard, or Onikiri as my late game weapon.

Since Onikiri is the only one with bleed build up, I'm thinking of putting a bleed infusion on it, I'm not a luck or hollow build but hopefully it still works just as well.

O&U at 40/40 are monstrous (they're a Quality weapon). Not sure how they handle Bleed infusion. Might be worth considering just Carthus Rouge so the damage doesn't take a hit....?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
LOL, how did that hit me up there? Lock-on error?

Edit: I should probably specify, talking about the lightning buff that hit me as a spectator haha

Top Bottom