• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioboxer

I haven't really had enough time to check out the details and now I'm on my way to work ;( Do you buy the mat from the blacksmith to make it fire or is it something that drops? I saw it was a starting item but I went with the life ring.

Either starter gift or it can drop off the enemies in the second area.

aravuus

MEH, decided to just drop points in both DEX and STR. Much more fun when you can try all kinds of different weapons out.

Speaking of, just got the Great Scythe. Looks like it could be pretty fun to use.

E92 M3

damn, that sucks. i LOVE going for an hour and panicking because i haven't found a bonfire yet.. it's not very exciting if they're placed generously.

Trust me, you will panic in some areas. The bonfires are smartly placed to not feel cheap, but earned. Excellent placement - many times I have felt relief lol.

Mendrox

damn, that sucks. i LOVE going for an hour and panicking because i haven't found a bonfire yet.. it's not very exciting if they're placed generously.

There is one certain area where you will hope for more bonfires :x

Edit: I can't count the times where I didn't have anything to heal anymore and I would have died with one hit and found a shortcut to the bonfire in that area... urgh. Really creepy enemies in there...

Got groceries, brought fiance a shake at work.

on couch.

diet pepsi

rebel two

action

My butchers knife + 3 is slaughtering fools. That speed. That range. Oh yes. Fits my hybrid herald build perfectly, except for the aesthetics.

Game gets so, so much better once you get inside the cathedral of the deep. it's fucking incredible in here. very souls 1 feeling.

MEH, decided to just drop points in both DEX and STR. Much more fun when you can try all kinds of different weapons out.

Speaking of, just got the Great Scythe. Looks like it could be pretty fun to use.
Pretty much. Hated finding cool weapons in ds1/2 but couldn't use them cause I didn't have enough points

Audioboxer

on couch.

diet pepsi

rebel two

action

My butchers knife + 3 is slaughtering fools. That speed. That range. Oh yes. Fits my hybrid herald build perfectly, except for the aesthetics.

Game gets so, so much better once you get inside the cathedral of the deep. it's fucking incredible in here. very souls 1 feeling.

Yeah it looks a bit funky but it is great.

E92 M3

on couch.

diet pepsi

rebel two

action

Oh yeah! I love that place a lot. Well designed.

norog

First Souls game after playing Bloodborne. Decided to try to build my character so that I can play in a Bloodborne-ish manner, so chose the Thief with the dagger and wow that quickstep is crazy. Going quality build in the end so I can try out as many weapons as possible, looking forward to a fun ride.

From what I'm reading here, is this a bit more grindy than BB? Sounds like there's a lot required for covenants and you rely a lot more on drops to get items, true or false?

MUnited83

For you.
On one hand I want to give a dex build a shot and do dual wielding, on the other hand a great sword looks awesome, herald seems like my jam, pyro I loved in DS1 and a good halberd I love even more so.
I am ended before I even start.
Sadly dual wielding isnt quite the awesomeness it was on 2. Only a few specific weapons have it :(

Off to a great start,
cristal lizard daddy kicked my ass so hard lol,i've killed the first boss in my 2nd try.
Also,the
dog knight boss was fun as hell,the sudden change of the music when you take half of his health made me sweat bullets,holy shit.

Managed to beat both of those first try on barely any sleep. Uchigatana man proceeded to wreck my world like 5 times in a row so I had to sleep. Now I have to think about that bastard all day at work.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
whats the difference between summon colors? theres purple now, white, think I saw another one

Corpekata

Banned
First Souls game after playing Bloodborne. Decided to try to build my character so that I can play in a Bloodborne-ish manner, so chose the Thief with the dagger and wow that quickstep is crazy. Going quality build in the end so I can try out as many weapons as possible, looking forward to a fun ride.

From what I'm reading here, is this a bit more grindy than BB? Sounds like there's a lot required for covenants and you rely a lot more on drops to get items, true or false?

Drops if you want very specific items but these are often Fashion Souls things or super hardcore people, generally not remotely required.

Covenants tend to require grinding simply because they are designed to encourage multiplayer but it's again, something that can be pretty easily sidelined or ignored.

I noticed that the hitbox just fails to register when trying to hit an enemy with throwing knives or arrows at a distance while standing still.

Hypron

You don't need to bother with covenants unless you want specific spells or you're going for the Platinum. The Platinum is the second grindiest one after DeS (without using the dupe glitch, otherwise DaS3's is grindier) though, because of those covenant rewards.

Lakitu

st5fu
What the fuck. Enemy encounter spoilers at the F
orbidden Woods.
How on earth do I stop the
giant crab from submerging and regaining all of it's health?

onken

Great fun so far. Bonfires spacing is just about right, combat feels faster but meatier, difficulty is decent but fair. I can see myself spending a loooot of hours on this.

Urthor

Alright Gaf. What's the cheapest non-G2A method of picking up deluxe for PC. Is there a GMG code flying around or is the sale price on GMG as low as it goes?

Footos22

Finally started after beating chamber 5 in Gungeon.
Started off well, beat that crystal lizard fucker in starting area and Gundyr first time. Got the uchigatana from that dude before firelink. He got backstabbed off a cliff and that big ass fat dude in the courtyard. Unlocked Rat dude from his cell and called it a night but having a great time. coming off the back of a dark souls 2 2 1/2 playthroughs and salt and sanctuary this still feels super fresh.

Sane_Man

Am I right in thinking that I won't be able to level up the Watchdogs of Farron covenant because I'm too far into the game now? (i'm 6 bosses in) If so I guess I'll have to do that in NG+ to get the platinum.

Hypron

Am I right in thinking that I won't be able to level up the Watchdogs of Farron covenant because I'm too far into the game now? (i'm 6 bosses in) If so I guess I'll have to do that in NG+ to get the platinum.

Yeah, but you need to get to NG++ for some rings anyway.

Late Flag

I seriously can't decide whether to go with a strength build or a int/faith pyromancer. I know I can respec if I end up not liking my build, but still.

Audioboxer

I seriously can't decide whether to go with a strength build or a int/faith pyromancer. I know I can respec if I end up not liking my build, but still.

I've gone Pyro to shake it up a bit. I usually always go Dex, STR, or quality. Pyro will be more of a challenge starting out, but it will let me dabble in a lot of spells.

It's widely accepted a quality build, or STR makes this game easier.

E92 M3

People will be there in NG+ or you can still farm the item. Covenants don't stop work as you progress.

taybul

Played about 7 hrs of this last night and loved every second of it. Did most of U
ndead
S
ettlement
I think and ended with the encounter with the
Onion Knight and the fiery boss
which was pretty hilarious!

My copy just arrived, I think I'm going to pee my pants.

Peace out until I'm far enough in the game to not be spoiled by this thread. Blind SL1 run here I come (until I get too frustrated by a boss and start a new character!)

bobone

Anyone pick up the guide? I loved the Future Press ones, but this is done by Prima, which I remember being very hit or miss from when I was a kid.
Does it compare in quality and extra content to the Future Press guides?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom