• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vena

I had a deathless run going perfectly all the way to Aldritch.

And then I fucked up the invisible ramp to Yorshka, and accidentally back-stepped right off the invisible platform.

X_X

Ludens

Banned
In Irithyll Dungeon, as soon as you spawn from the bonfire, go foward a bit and then turn right, where there are many cells. In the end of the corridor there's a door I can't open, where's the key and what is behind it? I see it creates a shortcut toward the second part of the leve, before the location in which you need to drop into an hole to avoid the giant.

Arjen

Are people really having hard time getting summons for Sentinals/D.blads? I've seen a lot of success on both the PC and PS4. The only covenant that I needed to farm for was WoF, and even then I would occasionally get summoned in between runs.

Never been summoned, in around the 10 hours is was wearing it. Really hope they're gonna fix this covenant, I refuse to farm those silver knights

Soulhouf

I get that it's ENBs first playthrough and he's got a weird way of doing things, but he really doesn't need to show the 10 attempts at a boss just because he's trying to learn its attack patterns and be satisfied that he didn't just power through it. Edit it down man!

He is a very skilled player and he has a gift for quickly making good observation and noticing things but man, he is so bad at making preparations and micro management.
I mean, he has second chance but he forgets to cast it most of the time. He puts points into attunements so that he can remove that attunement ring but he forgot to do it. He's chugging estus when he doesn't need to. He doesn't purchase projectiles/buff materials to better handle certain situations.
I mean, he is very good at managing tough situations but this is his first playthrough and he could avoid so many stupid deaths by doing proper preparations. Not to mention he wastes his souls in leveling up stats he doesn't need.

I'm not going to criticize the fact that he ran past that chest 10 times without opening it on his way to Aldrich because that happens to the best of us but I mean, there are some obvious things he keeps neglecting like a beginner.

NEO0MJ

I had a deathless run going perfectly all the way to Aldritch.

And then I fucked up the invisible ramp to Yorshka, and accidentally back-stepped right off the invisible platform.

X_X

Ha ha!

Though too bad. At least there isn't a reward for it, right?

theDeeDubs

Farming for Proof of Concord Kept and figured I'd do some ID testing while I'm at it. So far out of 200 Silver Knights a piece:

ID: 123 (23 Luck only)
81.00%- Titanite Shard
19.00%- Large Titanite Shard
2.50%- Silver Knight Shield
3.00%- Silver Knight Helm
5.50%- Silver Knight Armor
2.50%- Silver Knight Gauntlets
4.50%- Silver Knight Leggings
3.00%- Proof of Concord Kept

ID: 223 (23 Luck w/ Symbol of Avarice equipped)
64.50%- Titanite Shard
35.50%- Large Titanite Shard
4.00%- Silver Knight Shield
4.00%- Silver Knight Helm
8.50%- Silver Knight Armor
7.00%- Silver Knight Gauntlets
9.50%- Silver Knight Leggings
1.50%- Proof of Concord Kept

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66bpKwW9RRY

Watching a Fists Only NG++ stream right now.

Man, I love this game.

I'm level 58 and am just now exploring
Lothric Castle
. I feel a little underleveled? Should I be higher?

I did the Dancer skip to get there early and was able to explore Lothric before ever setting foot in Undead Settlement. You're good :)

But it's easy to grind up levels there, as well as large shards, embers, and Sunlight Medalions too at the first bonfire. You can even suicide run deeper in to gather goodies. And before you know it, you won't be dying once you learn the layout.

dude

dude
Is the area after p
ontiff sullyvahn
still cheaters central on PC? I just reached there and I'm embered :(
Should I suicide to be sure?

2AdEPT

Ehhmm... I just found
Greirat's
Ashes in the sewers of Irithyll.. So he's apparently dead. What am I missing out on by not having him there? Any weapons/rings I won't be able to get or questlines I won't be able to complete? Apart from the fact that I liked the character, I won't miss much right?

Oh well, the struggles of a blind playthrough...
I realize this is a dated reply but you are lucky you found his ashes...I sent him out and supposedly Siegward or Patches can save him, but siegward didnt show in the kitchen, and Patches just carries on in Firelink being his same old self...I would love it if his ashes showed up...just give them to the maiden and she will sell his goods.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Wikidot (the superior info source) says no. Fextralife has always been shit for specific things. I've read so much wrong shit on there in the past week. Wikidot is just slower to develop.

Thing is, there are multiple message boards with people saying they're testing its bleed properties. Confusing.

From Reddit:

Ok, so having tested both warden blades with bleed infusion (47 bleed) and brigand daggers (44 bleed currently) vs a friend with 248 bleed resist (not really important) I can say that bleed is built on hit, but also depends on moveset.

mstevens

Finished farming Proofs of Condord Kept. Here are some stats:

I farmed 28 all at once.
It took about 870 silver knights so on average I got one every 31 kills (3.2% drop)
Based on my average speed to kill the two knights on the stairs, it took 4.8 hours.

I used the symbol of avarice, covetous gold serpent ring and one rusted coin per run. I did not level luck.

Good luck to everyone farming for it! I put some let's plays on in the background to help the time go more quickly.

mstevens

I have about 3.4 million souls. What level would I start to have a tough time finding summon signs? I don't want to get stuck on a boss eventually down the line in ng++ and not be able to find anyone. 120ish?

Tarkus

Thing is, there are multiple message boards with people saying they're testing its bleed properties. Confusing.

From Reddit:

Your quote is referring to bleed infusion. They have no intrinsic bleed property. However some weapons will benefit more than others when infused with certain gems. The Brigand Twin Daggers look to be one of them.

DPB

Not for me just can't do it You just hold it down and double tap to jump

I don't like either of them, but the B button is the lesser of two evils. I really dislike control schemes where you have to click the sticks while moving.

There's hardly any jumping in DS3 compared to the previous two games anyway.

kencey

After 99999999 tries on
Nameless King
, i give up, fuck that camera, i cant fucking see his moves on first phase. fuck off;.

Ludens

Banned
After 99999999 tries on
Nameless King
, i give up, fuck that camera, i cant fucking see his moves on first phase. fuck off;.

The fight is very easy, expecially the first phase. You just need to attack his foot, bringing attention to the flame he does from times to times which can insta-kill you (or at least it insta-killed me).

I am watching Lobos Jr first blind playthrough now and its sogood.gif

He knows his stuff, has great memory for "shinies left for later" and generally is a great Souls player. Wrecks a lot of bosses on 1st or 2nd attempt.

But the way he missed Farron Swamp is hilarious :D He traversed 90% of the water area but did not go *that way*. Haha.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Having a problem if someone could be kind enough to help me:

I can't get to the Kiln of the First Flame. I've defeated the twin princes and placed the cinders on the throne, the fire keeper dialog won't trigger. Not sure what i'm missing or doing wrong.

Henkka

Banned
So I feel like I'm near the end, but have probably missed a bunch of stuff. I hear there's at least one entire secret area to this game, I'm sure there's optional bosses I've missed, too.. Should I just read spoilers on how to see everything? Or beeline it to the ending? I'm torn.

test_account

XP-39C²
Dat ninja edit :p
Hehe yeah, thought maybe you quoted me right after i edited :) I was thinking about the Archives at the wrong place, so i mentioned the wrong boss at first.

The fight is very easy, expecially the first phase. You just need to attack his foot, bringing attention to the flame he does from times to times which can insta-kill you (or at least it insta-killed me).
I wouldnt say that the fight is very easy. Of course it depends on your skill level, but i've seen most people rank NK as one of the hardest bosses in the game, and personally i agree with that.

I also died a lot before learning what made it much easier for me, especially the first phase. I gave up doing the boss solo in NG because i died too much (lost motivation), but made a better effort in NG+ and made it solo then. I rather went for attacking the head since it makes it quicker to kill the boss' first phase. Trying to bait him to do the ground flame attack. Otherwise not trying to stay right under him, make it less likely for him to do the air attacks.

So I feel like I'm near the end, but have probably missed a bunch of stuff. I hear there's at least one entire secret area to this game, I'm sure there's optional bosses I've missed, too.. Should I just read spoilers on how to see everything? Or beeline it to the ending? I'm torn.
Beating the "last boss" doesn't lock you out of the extra area or anything. You can finish the main quest and then if you want you can look up where to find the extra stuff after

jaaz

After the ending, the game gives you the option to keep playing NG, and proceed through to NG+ at your will. So feel free to just complete it. You might mess up a quest though by beating certain bosses, so be warned.

Late-game:
Archives
was my favorite boss in the series. Wow. Amazing!

Although if you mean the Duo then yeah it's a fantastic play on the archetypal "twin boss" of the series aka Maneater, Ornstein & Smough etc. It's such a fresh approach!

Loved the music, the setting (the room), the whole approach (w/o the last shortcut) and all the crazy-shit rainbow effects going on during the fight sometimes. Simply awesome.

UrbanRats

Don't lock on

you're not supposed to lock on 100% of the time in a souls game

Controls are shit if you don't lock on.
Unless you have three thumbs, i guess.

Dodge is on the face buttons, but you need the thumb to control the thumbstick and actually see shit, so you have to resort to "the claw" which is never very comfortable (not for a long stretch) nor a reliable position.

Tarkus

I can't get to the Kiln of the First Flame. I've defeated the twin princes and placed the cinders on the throne, the fire keeper dialog won't trigger. Not sure what i'm missing or doing wrong.
If you've placed all four Lord of Cinders ashes on their thrones, then maybe quit and reload. See if Hawkwood's dialogue changed. Check Ludleth too.

NEO0MJ

You can reexplore any area that you missed after beating the final boss. Just make sure that when you get the prompt to not move forward to NG+. I assume most major NPC require you to complete them before reaching the end so those won't matter, either.

Did you head to the bonfire?

test_account

XP-39C²
Two areas actually. I usually play through the game the first time without checking the wiki. You need to beat the game multiple times if you want to get all the items and trophies/achievements anyway. With DS3, i finsihed all that i could, but didnt trigger the ending (you can trigger the ending and still say in NG though). Then i went to wiki and tried to finish as much as i could in NG before moving on to NG+.

Henkka

Banned
Alright, thanks guys. I doubt I'll be moving on to NG+ anytime soon, but I definitely want to see all the areas before I move on to other games and such.

Ludens

Banned
I also died a lot before learning what made it much easier for me, especially the first phase. I gave up doing the boss solo in NG because i died too much (lost motivation), but made a better effort in NG+ and made it solo then. I rather went for attacking the head since it makes it quicker to kill the boss' first phase. Trying to bait him to do the ground flame attack. Otherwise not trying to stay right under him, make it less likely for him to do the air attacks.

I mean the first phase, I had no problem with it. Maybe I was just like, but I defeated the boss on my third try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom