• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two questions. Does altering your appearance at R
osaria
count as giving a tongue for L
eonhard
to show up? And does changing your appearance still make S
irris
hostile? I need the Sunless Shield for my Fashion Souls and R
osaria's
soul for the miracle.

Novocaine

Sitting at the Dilapidated Bridge Bonfire wearing Blue Sentinels covenant and using Dried Fingers if anyone wants in on the fun, invader or sentinel alike.

Edit:pS4

Novocaine

Yes of course, this applies ONLY to get endings, and not items or spells from different quests.
Also you can still interact with Rosaria's Fingers AND get the covenant achievement, the important thing is, you just need to JOIN the covenant without offering her a pale tongue.
If you do so, Sirris will turn hostile locking her quest out.
If you only join you are safe and you can do Sirris' quest normally (I did exaclty this, since I thought I screwed up myself, but if you don't level up the covenant, you are safe).

In my example, I didn't know about gestures, so I missed some because I needed to summon some NPCs before killing the Lords, but I didn't follow a guide so probably I missed a lot of things in and there.

Yeah you need to give her a Pale Tongue for Yellow Finger Heysel's summon sign to appear though, and it needs to be before the Abyss Watchers die. That summon is the only way to get a certain gesture.

Yes of course, this applies ONLY to get endings, and not items or spells from different quests.
Also you can still interact with Rosaria's Fingers AND get the covenant achievement, the important thing is, you just need to JOIN the covenant without offering her a pale tongue.
If you do so, Sirris will turn hostile locking her quest out.
If you only join you are safe and you can do Sirris' quest normally (I did exaclty this, since I thought I screwed up myself, but if you don't level up the covenant, you are safe).

In my example, I didn't know about gestures, so I missed some because I needed to summon some NPCs before killing the Lords, but I didn't follow a guide so probably I missed a lot of things in and there.

I get it what you wrote but can you confirm that by joining Rosaria w/o giving any single pale tongue:

- I can summon the NPC to learn the gesture in Farron Keep (for the gesture)
- I can do Sirris quest normally (for the ring)

?

IMO they cancel each other out.

0racle

I get it what you wrote but can you confirm that by joining Rosaria w/o giving any single pale tongue:

?

You need to give pale tounge to get yellowfinger gesture in farron keep.

theaface

?

Indeed. You need to go to NG+ for a number of things anyway, so the best thing to do is finish up Sirris's questline completely in NG before doing anything with Rosaria. This will mean that one gesture will have to wait until NG+, but it's no big deal given that you need +1 and +2 rings and boss souls later anyway.

Indeed. You need to go to NG+ for a number of things anyway, so the best thing to do is finish up Sirris's questline completely in NG before doing anything with Rosaria. This will mean that one gesture will have to wait until NG+, but it's no big deal given that you need +1 and +2 rings and boss souls later anyway.

I'm deep into NG+ already. I just don't want to do NG+++ because of one silly gesture.

Ludens

Banned

?

For the Sirris quest yeah, I can confirm it because I did her quest yesterday AFTER I joined Rosaria's covenant (i than found the Aldritch covenant, joined that one, and did the Sirris quest).

For Farron Keep, what is the NPC you need to summon? I think I didn't summon anyone in Farron Keep.

For the Sirris quest yeah, I can confirm it because I did her quest yesterday AFTER I joined Rosaria's covenant (i than found the Aldritch covenant, joined that one, and did the Sirris quest).

For Farron Keep, what is the NPC you need to summon?

Yellow finger hessel. You can't summon her without giving a tounge to rosaria before beating abyss watcher.

nemisis0

Guys, is there a save skum method for all endings ? What point of the game do I do that? Im st archdragon peak.

Yep, just back up the save before the final boss fight,
hollowing needs to be fully cured to get the easy first ending or you will keep triggering the hollow ending

Meccs

I don't see why a ban can happen, since you are doing nothing wrong by replacing the saves, both PS4 and One offer the option to do so, people switched saves in Bloodborne and nothing happened too (otherwise there would be a maelstrom on forums etc.).

I read people got soft banned for it in DKS2.

onionfrog

I just beat Pontiff at SL1!
God damn that was satisfying.

My problem doing it was really that
I wasn't following the strategy in the video closely enough.

I went and got Flynn's ring and the fire clutch ring.

Then I stripped off everything besides my rings, pyro glove, parrying shield and weapon.

Managed to beat pontiff on the 3rd try (fucked up the parties before that) and he didn't even get a chance to attack during the second phase!

Brilliant!

Styles

Are people really having hard time getting summons for Sentinals/D.blads? I've seen a lot of success on both the PC and PS4. The only covenant that I needed to farm for was WoF, and even then I would occasionally get summoned in between runs.

0racle

Yep, just back up the save before the final boss fight,
hollowing needs to be fully cured to get the easy first ending or you will keep triggering the hollow ending

How do I know when that is? Also what is the best ring set for a strength build knight?

Mr Git

Having the option to change is great, but I absolutely prefer O. It's not as nail-bitingly tense to use any more - like it was initially in Dark Souls.

Sarcasm

Just got to the boreal place after smoldering lake. What is up with the mobs..they are slow but can't be backstab?

I swear if I have to fight hard to get throw and it takes me two tries to beat boss I will take a break lol.

Yeah that cheese -.-

Came across some colorful shenanigans this morning

yqgptyy.jpg

The host and I ended up killing them all.

silva1991

Shit, I was mashing and I think I said no to that magic vendor. how can I reset his conversation? I quit and went back but still doesn't give me the option.

GeeTeeCee

Uhh I disabled the ballista in S
mouldering Lake
without first dealing with the
sandworm
. I really hope I can turn it back on...

Okay so I needed 12 darkmoon covenant items to get the platinum. So I wonder what the drop rates are for the darkmoon covenant item. I used Gold Covetous Serpent Ring +2, Crystal Sage Rapier, Symbol of Avarice, Hollowed infused +10 sword and rusted coins. Thus bringing my item discovery to 429.

I started with 0 souls and ended up getting 4763498 souls. Each knight gave me about ~16087 souls. I killed 300 silver knights which I sometime killed the red eyed silver knight. So 12 darkmoon covenant items dropped / 300 silver knights killed x 100 = 4.03 % drop rate for the darkmoon covenant item with a item discovery of 429...

kagamin

Uhh I disabled the ballista in S
mouldering Lake
without first dealing with the
sandworm
. I really hope I can turn it back on...

Its not too hard to beat, if you can loop it into going into the ground repeatedly you can just take a few hits at it and let it go, then rinse and repeat. Takes a little longer but I don't like those ballistas lol.

Eccocid

Haha i really love those people who get creative with their invasions.
I was summoned in Catacombs. The corridor where you enter the area with bridge and skeletons. The invader was there roleplaying as a miner i guess. He had torn trousers, shirtless and got a pickaxe in his hands hitting same rock over and over again. He just waved to us as we passed him and kept continue to his mining. lol

NEO0MJ

I wonder what's the fastest way to cosplay as
Gundyr
and what spells/miracles work best for him.

Came across some colorful shenanigans this morning

The host and I ended up killing them all.

I wonder how people feel comfy enough to do this stuff.

KingKong

I get that it's ENBs first playthrough and he's got a weird way of doing things, but he really doesn't need to show the 10 attempts at a boss just because he's trying to learn its attack patterns and be satisfied that he didn't just power through it. Edit it down man!

NEO0MJ

You can? I got wrecked by him once while helping out in someone else's world, so since then I've pretty much stayed well away from it.

I stood behind him and just rolled between the ballista shots. It didn't do anything to me at all. I guess the main issue is finding the right moment to run behind it while it's borrowing underground.

Raiden

Banned
Man this game is beating me up like Bloodborne did. So far Dark Souls 2 seems the easiest one, bloodborne the hardest and 3 slightly below BB. Maybe its because im still early in and dont have any good gear nor level.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Alright. I'm level 151 now and have done just about all I can do in NG other than finish grinding out some of the covenants. Thinking about starting NG+, but does anyone know what kind of changes I can expect?

I was really disappointed by Bloodborne's NG+, which seemed to just feature parameter changes and nothing else.

Man this game is beating me up like Bloodborne did. So far Dark Souls 2 seems the easiest one, bloodborne the hardest and 3 slightly below BB. Maybe its because im still early in and dont have any good gear nor level.

Possibly. The early parts of this game are really stingy when it comes to souls and upgrade materials. Makes it really tough to get stronger in the early game.

SDR-UK

By this statement, I assume you're a shield user rather than a roll and avoid guy. Am I right?

Keep at it anywho, it will click I'm sure. Oh and don't be afraid to summon people to help out.

Alright. I'm level 151 now and have done just about all I can do in NG other than finish grinding out some of the covenants. Thinking about starting NG+, but does anyone know what kind of changes I can expect?

I was really disappointed by Bloodborne's NG+, which seemed to just feature parameter changes and nothing else.

Level 151 on base NG? Man, you're gonna find NG+ crazy easy! It's already easier than Dark Souls and Bloodborne NG+.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I get that it's ENBs first playthrough and he's got a weird way of doing things, but he really doesn't need to show the 10 attempts at a boss just because he's trying to learn its attack patterns and be satisfied that he didn't just power through it. Edit it down man!

The whole point of this initial play through series is that it shows his complete first impressions of the game as he's playing through it.

Level 151 on base NG? Man, you're gonna find NG+ crazy easy! It's already easier than Dark Souls and Bloodborne NG+.

Yeah, I spent a few hours grinding the wing knights at the top of the Archives while watching ENB's videos. With some gear that gives you extra souls from enemies, you can get around 1 million souls in 30 minutes ~ 45 minutes depending on how smoothly each run goes.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Are people really having hard time getting summons for Sentinals/D.blads? I've seen a lot of success on both the PC and PS4. The only covenant that I needed to farm for was WoF, and even then I would occasionally get summoned in between runs.

I wonder if most people having trouble aren't in NG++ or something? I got summoned as a Dark Blade like 5 times in the space of an hour while grinding at the Archives. This was in NG and while I was between Soul Level 140 and 150, which is probably way higher than most people playing in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom