• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

test_account

XP-39C²
How do I put down the sign?
Use the white soap stone.

The game needs some more balance for sure. The power and hyper armor of large weapons needs to be offset by a reduction in parry damage.
I wouldnt mind that.

It's so easy to counter though. The parry fishers can be usually spotted by their passiveness (and a parry shield/weapon, obviously). After that it's one charged strong attack or something else with unpredictable timing and they're done. Or at the very least they probably won't try to parry you again.

edit: Of course it can be a bit trickier if they play the long con and parry you out of nowhere half a minute into the fight, but almost every single time someone has tried to parry me, it has been obvious from the get-go.
Yeah, i guess it can be read sometimes. But sometimes when i do a follow up attack, i might get parried.

Its always been like that. Thats why vigor and recognizing when people are baiting you is important. Though it is kinda weird that the hornet ring went totally unnerfed from its DS1 incarnation. Nearly ever other ring is at its weakest in this game (save a few like the Silvercat Ring or the Lingering Dragoncrest Ring). And you dont even have to get an upgraded version in NG++ to get the benefits.
True, its one of the reasons why i wasnt a big fan of PVP in previous souls games. Not really a huge problem, but quite annoying when for example the match just start and you take the first swing and get parried, and you basically dont have a chance after that.

Those who cleared their first run with a magic only build are heroes.

I'm doing a pyro build and I'm sitll meeleing because it's easier and faster. And supposedly pyro is the strongest magic at start.

Yeah, I was a pyromancer and used it quite often but toward the end, I felt like the bosses were simply too fast and the damage from the spells were not worth it. I mainly used my sword for the last few bosses.

Just got the Avelyn (burst fire crossbow) This thing is crazy, I love using it against invaders.
Usually most invaders will stop and look at you for a couple of seconds, but they don't realize I'm holding the Avelyn in my left hand and they get a burst of explosive bolts in their face, which takes a third of their health :D

Aside from Sunlight Medals, easiest/quickest way to get covenant items for rewards? Both farming and PvP have been hit and miss for me. A real slog since sometimes it takes ages for me to be summoned or for an invasion to work.

Aside from Sunlight Medals, easiest/quickest way to get covenant items for rewards? Both farming and PvP have been hit and miss for me. A real slog since sometimes it takes ages for me to be summoned or for an invasion to work.

For co-op or pvp, you may be out of the level range of most people in that area. But I also heard some players on PC have been having network trouble (not meaning that softban stuff) and have been unable to summon / invade.

For farming, I think only certain enemies drop convenant items specific to them. So make sure to choose the right enemy for the convenant you're currently in, slap on a Mimic head or other luck-boosting methods, and podcast or Netflix it up. It could take just a few hours, if you're lucky. If not...

Good luck!

Novocaine

Damn right it destroys DaS2.

I guess I need to buy that PS4K in the end to finally play Bloodborne because of the constant praise it gets from *real* Souls fans.

Unlike those fake Souls fans that like 2 huh?

Mound Makers can be done quickly by summoning a friend in and killing them. Darkmoon, Watch Dogs and Aldrich Faithful all have to be done by PvP/farming. The latter two are pretty quick to do.

Novocaine

Where do I find a key to the area after dragonslayer armour?

You need to kill 3 Lords of Cinder to go past that point. The key will appear
on the ground in front of the door once you do that.

Playing Bloodborne again I have to say the people in this thread complaining about L3 jump are fucking insane

Eh I tried it for about 5 minutes in DS2 and it just didn't feel right. I got so used to the DS1 way.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Beat it last night. First Souls game completed since Demons Souls. Everything just clicked with me I guess. Wound up being overpowered near the end I think and killed he last 4-5 bosses on first try.

I need to take a break but next I will go back to DS2 and start that over fresh and see if I can succeed there as well. Same goes with Bloodborne, though I am near the end there.

Stupid me though i did the entire Yuria quest line and messed up at the end. I wound up getting the alternate ending and no achievement because I panicked that I did something wrong and lashed out when I shouldn't have.

So beat the game but no achievement for it. Sigh.

Tarkus

Hey guys just one question, first what is a normal character level once you finish the game for the first time.

Thanks.
There is no normal. Average is probably 60-80. People making PvP builds will be higher at 80-120. Masochists go for 40 or less. Insane people do it 1.

Brigand Twindaggers: do they cause bleed? Internet says yes but the stat is 0 in game...
Wikidot (the superior info source) says no. Fextralife has always been shit for specific things. I've read so much wrong shit on there in the past week. Wikidot is just slower to develop.

draliko

I did my first run with the ithyrill sword+5 and a near quality build, now that I'm doing ng+ any suggestions with the build and the weapon? I like straight swords, and I'm curious about double daggers are they worth it? I'm around lvl 95 any suggestion is appreciated, especially on the weapon, still new to souls world and it's not so easy for me to plan a build before playing it.

Novocaine

I did my first run with the ithyrill sword+5 and a near quality build, now that I'm doing ng+ any suggestions with the build and the weapon? I like straight swords, and I'm curious about double daggers are they worth it? I'm around lvl 95 any suggestion is appreciated, especially on the weapon, still new to souls world and it's not so easy for me to plan a build before playing it.

Did you acquire Anri's Straight Sword? Go 40 luck and 50 Faith and watch shit melt.

zoukka

Am I in sunbro covenant now that I joined it in the statue at castle lothric or do I need further items like in other covenants?

For co-op or pvp, you may be out of the level range of most people in that area. But I also heard some players on PC have been having network trouble (not meaning that softban stuff) and have been unable to summon / invade.

For farming, I think only certain enemies drop convenant items specific to them. So make sure to choose the right enemy for the convenant you're currently in, slap on a Mimic head or other luck-boosting methods, and podcast or Netflix it up. It could take just a few hours, if you're lucky. If not...

Good luck!

Cheers. Damn could be a long one. I'm level 128, NG+ end game.

Unlike those fake Souls fans that like 2 huh?

Mound Makers can be done quickly by summoning a friend in and killing them. Darkmoon, Watch Dogs and Aldrich Faithful all have to be done by PvP/farming. The latter two are pretty quick to do.

I'll give Mound Makers a go, thanks!

Tarkus

Try something completely different. That's the beauty of a quality build. Check out the Black Knight Glaive before it's sure to get nerfed. 500+ AR on a 40/40 build, swings ridiculously fast, stuns and combos for days, relatively low stamina consumption, nice skill move, reach for days....on and on. R1-L2-R2 is deadly 4 hit combo against invaders.

Styles

There is nothing like one-shotting unsuspecting invaders with your soul spears, especially when they're UGS wielders.

That's for all of those times y'all stun-locked me to death.
a3fdf692.gif

Ludens

Banned
So guys, I post it here too (originally it was in the Steam thread), because I think it could be usefull for other people too:

So, I post it here, maybe it can be usefull for other people playing DS3 too who don't want to go for the full game other two times.

You can get all endings in a single playthrough, and this is the way to achieve them:

-
Do all the steps in order to achieve the requirements to get The Usurpation of Fire ending. At the same time, you NEED to recover the Firekeeper's eye from Untended Grave and give them to the Firekeeper. Now proceed with the game until you defeat all Lords of the Cinder.
-BEFORE offering their ashes to the throne room, make a back-up of the save stored in username/appdata/localroaming called Dark Souls 3.
-Now complete the game for the first time, and you will get The Usurpation of Fire ending.
-Delete the save in appdata and replace it with the one you made a back-up before.
-Now you need to heal your hollow status. To do so you need to talk with the Firekeeper and select the proper option. she will need a LOT of souls in order to heal you, but no problem: simply sell EVERYTHING you have in your inventory, included bosses souls, armor, weapons, everything: you only need your estus and a couple of embers just in case.
-Now quit the game again and made a second back-up of your save stored into appdata/localroaming. Save it in a different place from the first back-up, because you will still need your first back-up.
-Ok, now proceed to defeat the last boss again. You have two option now: interact with the bonfire, in which case you will get the To Link the First Flame ending, or interact with the summon sign, and doing so will grant you the The End of Fire ending.
-Now depending from your choice, simply delete the actual save stored into appdata and apply the second back-up you did.
-Go and defeat the last boss for the last time: now just do the opposite choice you did the last time.

Now you have all the endings without needing to go for the full game 2x times.

I think you can do this on PS4 too, I don't know if XBox One offers a cloud funcionality, in this case it would be possibile to do this even on One.
I'm not even sure you need PSPlus or XBox Live to do so, because if you can make a back-up of your saves in a usb pendrive, there's no need of a subscription.

Novocaine

So guys, I post it here too (originally it was in the Steam thread), because I think it could be usefull for other people too:

I think you can do this on PS4 too, I don't know if XBox One offers a cloud funcionality, in this case it would be possibile to do this even on One.
I'm not even sure you need PSPlus or XBox Live to do so, because if you can make a back-up of your saves in a usb pendrive, there's no need of a subscription.

You can scrub saves on PS4 easily but I'm pretty sure there are quests that conflict with each other so you need to do at least 2 full play throughs anyway for all the trophies.

Ludens

Banned
You can scrub saves on PS4 easily but I'm pretty sure there are quests that conflict with each other so you need to do at least 2 full play throughs anyway for all the trophies.

Nope, I just did it on PC, no quest conflict with other quests :)
The
hollow
ending should be definitive IF you didn't
heal your hollow status.

The moment
you heal it
, you will unlock the possibility to get the remaining endings (this is the reason I wrote to do two back-ups).

bidguy

Banned
Am I in sunbro covenant now that I joined it in the statue at castle lothric or do I need further items like in other covenants?

only if you have the sunbro medal to equip

its in undead settlement in a house on the left side in the big area with the burning tree (first fat lady encounter). theres a hole you can drop down there u find the medal

Dimmle

Is there any ideal place to invade as a Mad Phantom? Seems like I can only find gank squads and fight clubs.

And why do I have to kill more phantoms when met with greater opposition? What's the justification there?

Manatox

Sooo, i'm curently at
Dragonslayer Armor
. Wasted more then 10 Embers but no one that i summoned could pass the Fog Door. I read that this was a common bug for some people, but does anyone know how to fix it? I had to take a break because i could not beat him alone ><

myco666

That sucks. I have to remove darkmoon covenant because I constantly get summoned. lol

This probably annoys me the most about Darkmoon covenant situation. Like it works 'too well' for some people and for some it doesn't work at all.

I don't really get why you would do this when you need three full playthroughs for all achievements/trophies anyway. If you are not into achievements/trophies you could just watch the other endings from YT.

Ludens

Banned
I don't really get why you would do this when you need three full playthroughs for all achievements/trophies anyway. If you are not into achievements/trophies you could just watch the other endings from YT.

Because I'm not planning to do other playthroughs for the game, but I wanted achieve those endings by myself. I did the same (or at least, tried) to unlock the nuke ending in MGSV before I gave up.

Ladekabel

I did
Untended Graves
today.
Champion Grundyr
would have been a cool fight if I wouldn't have got framerate drops which always ended up with my being destroyed by combo. Needed help for that.

I am now in
Archdragon Peak
what do I need to do with these
respawning knights?
They keep on coming and I have problems with only one of them.

And can I safely respec without
making Sirri angry? I already killed her grandfather with her and she vowed loyalty to me but I'm too afraid to resepec.

Robiin

Which weapon buff is the best if I started deprived and haven't leveled up int/faith past 10 (base)?

I'm doing carthus something fire buff right now but it doesn't do much. Should I go with resins, or something else?

Novocaine

Nope, I just did it on PC, no quest conflict with other quests :)
The
hollow
ending should be definitive IF you didn't
heal your hollow status.

The moment
you heal it
, you will unlock the possibility to get the remaining endings (this is the reason I wrote to do two back-ups).

I just remembered what it was. There's a trophy for PS4 that requires you to get all of the gestures but one of them is locked behind interacting with Roasaria's Fingers, but if you do that it cancells Sirris' quest line. You have to do it before Abyss Watchers fight but Sirris' quest goes way past that, or at least the part where she gives you a ring you also need for a trophy.

Anyway you'd be able to get all of the endings but you would still need at least a 2nd play through on PS4 for the platinum.

Which weapon buff is the best if I started deprived and haven't leveled up int/faith past 10 (base)?

I'm doing carthus something fire buff right now but it doesn't do much. Should I go with resins, or something else?

Lightning and Dark seem to be the way to go unless you're raising luck in which case Bleed or Poison might be better.

test_account

XP-39C²
Is there any ideal place to invade as a Mad Phantom? Seems like I can only find gank squads and fight clubs.

And why do I have to kill more phantoms when met with greater opposition? What's the justification there?
Put down your red sign soapstone instead at popular summon spots. Then you're more likely to get 1vs1, at least i did so.

making Sirri angry? I already killed her grandfather with her and she vowed loyalty to me but I'm too afraid to resepec.
I think the questline ends after that. You can apparently get her armour and weapon too, but if you respec after that, i'm not sure if it matters.

I am now in
Archdragon Peak
what do I need to do with these
respawning knights?
They keep on coming and I have problems with only one of them.

Assuming I'm thinking of the right enemies. Having played bloodborne, I knew exactly what to do about those.

Less cryptic actual answer:
There should be a mage type enemy nearby. Kill them to stop the summoning.

test_account

XP-39C²
Damn, i'm on NG++ and first now i've read up on what the reinforsing bonfire mechanism does. Guess it would be a bit easier if i've done that earlier hehe, oh well, no loss really.

Tarkus

I think that storyline is over once you defeat the boss of the Grand Archives. Check back at the grave.

jaaz

I've got a pure sorcerer build with a +10 Court Sorcerer's Staff and the 4 primary magic rings. Been helping out peeps as a sunbro on
Nameless King
. I must have beaten that boss 30 times already. He is a joke when you have a melee and a caster. Pretty much any boss is a joke when you have a melee and a pure caster, it breaks the game frankly.

Mr Git

Only just finished my first playthrough (was a bit LTTP due to work and did a lot of invading) so only now checking this thread, blackout was a resounding success. I am curious though, have they implemented a co-op level matching system like the one patched into Bloodborne? Looking forward to NG+, even glancing at this thread it looks like I botched a lot of character side quests.

Ludens

Banned
I just remembered what it was. There's a trophy for PS4 that requires you to get all of the gestures but one of them is locked behind interacting with Roasaria's Fingers, but if you do that it cancells Sirris' quest line. You have to do it before Abyss Watchers fight but Sirris' quest goes way past that, or at least the part where she gives you a ring you also need for a trophy.

Yes of course, this applies ONLY to get endings, and not items or spells from different quests.
Also you can still interact with Rosaria's Fingers AND get the covenant achievement, the important thing is, you just need to JOIN the covenant without offering her a pale tongue.
If you do so, Sirris will turn hostile locking her quest out.
If you only join you are safe and you can do Sirris' quest normally (I did exaclty this, since I thought I screwed up myself, but if you don't level up the covenant, you are safe).

In my example, I didn't know about gestures, so I missed some because I needed to summon some NPCs before killing the Lords, but I didn't follow a guide so probably I missed a lot of things in and there.

Meccs

I think I had my fill of Aldrich invasions. What's a good level for Irithyll Dungeon invasions?

And I have the feeling I should have bought the game for PS4 instead of PC. 60 fps is nice but you notice the lower player base when you invade for a few hours.
Also I will keep a save of my SL65 character (also for levels 80 and 100) in hopes I don't get soft banned for copying the save back and forth.

Ludens

Banned
I think I had my fill of Aldrich invasions. What's a good level for Irithyll Dungeon invasions?

And I have the feeling I should have bought the game for PS4 instead of PC. 60 fps is nice but you notice the lower player base when you invade for a few hours.
Also I will keep a save of my SL65 character (also for levels 80 and 100) in hopes I don't get soft banned for copying the save back and forth.

I don't see why a ban can happen, since you are doing nothing wrong by replacing the saves, both PS4 and One offer the option to do so, people switched saves in Bloodborne and nothing happened too (otherwise there would be a maelstrom on forums etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom