• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatal Error

Neo Member
Personally I was deeply disappointed with only one level:
Profaned Capital.
I was expecting so much more out of it. A big, sprawling ruins of a city deep underground - something at least as big and scary as New Londo Ruins. Especially since:
- it was BELOW that scary as hell, Latria-like dungeon
- it was the home of one of the intro bosses
- home of the other intro boss (Cathedral) is the best level in the series - why would this level housing the other boss be any worse?

My expectations were super high.

What we got instead - one
optional chapel
and one room with two smaller rooms on the side was disappointment of the year. Great boss, though (didn't know about the gimmick and killed him the hard way) and great atmosphere/ graphics of the - sadly tiny-ass - level...

Actually, you are right, the
Profaned Capital
alone was too short, and I think I'm considering them both
(Irithyll Dungeon and Profaned Capital)
as one area because of that, and you can say that about a lot of areas in this game, they have a great scale but when you actually go there, you find out that it is not that great, I really was let down by
Archdragon Peak
, but at least it has one of the best bosses in the series
(if you unlock the target)

Manu

Well, he said he liked Boku no Pico, so at least he has good taste

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hentailover
I associate "Hentailover" with myself like I would my name in my passport.
(Today, 05:44 PM)

Come on, you were begging for it.

Those videos are crazy. Why is it that people who do these runs seem to always not get hit by shit that seems to hit me?

Because they spend 7-10 hours doing final bosses as stated above. The video is like 3 minutes long. What are other hours spent doing? That's right, being hit by the shit that seems to hit you.

J-Rod

Jeez,
the dancer
really messed me up. Didn't realize that the fight would start straight off after
Aldrich.
Lost a lot of souls. Think that's enough for today. Digging the orange.

It is too late now, but you can just turn around and leave instead of starting the battle with the d
ancer when you are teleported there
. Talking
to the old woman while she is dying triggers the battle. You can leave without interacting with her and she will patiently writhe on the ground dying forever until you come back.

w0s

Because they spend 7-10 hours doing final bosses as stated above. The video is like 3 minutes long. What are other hours spent doing? That's right, being hit by the shit that seems to hit you.

Good point. That said I am on Journey 4 at the moment and feeling burnt out so maybe shit like this isn't for me. Sounds like he was live streaming, people sit through 7 hours of attempts?

Tarkus

The Obscuring Ring must really fuck with people. I'm getting a lot of easy kills with it. I wish I knew the exact distance that you go invisible.

Sullichin

Good point. That said I am on Journey 4 at the moment and feeling burnt out so maybe shit like this isn't for me. Sounds like he was live streaming, people sit through 7 hours of attempts?

Yeah dude. I don't know how or why but they do. People watched Twitch play Dark Souls and it took the stream like 2 days to leave the asylum. It was unwatchable.

neoism

soo guys if i kill emma early just strated my ng+ run will it mess up npc quests.??? i would like to get to the 3 fatties to level some ?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Upgrade away. The game drowns you in titanite as you progress.

It feels really unbalanced in how they give you upgrade materials in this game.

They are so horribly stingy in the early parts of the game. You're lucky to get enough to even upgrade one weapon to +6 all the way up through the Catacombs/Irithyll. It really isn't until
Anor Londo
that you can reliably farm Large Titanite to experiment with a variety of weapons. Once you're in Lothric castle, you can finally farm Titanite Chunks reliably, but you're already just about at the end of the game by then.

I feel like Dark Souls II was a lot more consistent in how they gave you upgrade materials throughout the game.

Pontiff is by far the hardest boss in the game for me.

Yeah he's a real son of a bitch. I had so much trouble finding an opening to drink estus. He'd just charge my ass and I'd end up losing more than I healed for. Also, your reactions have to be really on point if you wish to parry him. I was too slow and it ended up not being worth it to try parrying.

LiK

The hell? You get the Giant's Coal way after plenty of other coals, did he never give any of the coals to the blacksmith either?

yea, he gave the Farron Coal to him. that's the only one he found so far. i think he was just skimming so quickly that he missed it but he pointed out that he had nothing to give which made me laugh. i tweeted him so hopefully his mod let's him know. i really like the lil bits of dialogue from it so i was pained to see him accidentally skip it.

LiK

This episode of ENB was like the big Hitting Walls Edition, he bashed like 30, so hungry for those illusions

AGS has been way worse. dude's been hitting every single wall in his LP. i swear he and ENB have been tainted by working on the guides. i deal with it just to hear their reactions to lore stuff.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
AGS has been way worse. dude's been hitting every single wall in his LP. i swear he and ENB have been tainted by working on the guides. i deal with it just to hear their reactions to lore stuff.

Spy's is the absolute worst. He's, what, 20 episodes in and he still hasn't finished the Undead Settlement.

LiK

Spy's is the absolute worst. He's, what, 20 episodes in and he still hasn't finished the Undead Settlement.

and farming on camera too. gonna take him literally a year to finish the game at this rate. surprised he hasn't been massively spoiled yet since he reads the comments.

Yeah he's a real son of a bitch. I had so much trouble finding an opening to drink estus. He'd just charge my ass and I'd end up losing more than I healed for. Also, your reactions have to be really on point if you wish to parry him. I was too slow and it ended up not being worth it to try parrying.

3rd toughest after NK and the P
rinces
for me. Fighting him with the longsword was a bitch in my first playthrough. He's easier if you're using a heavy weapon though. Yhorm's Great Machete wrecks him and his
clone
in the second phase.

same he was probably my hardest. I kept trying to parry but just kept taking damage w/o parrying so I'm assuming i was parrying too early

Dark%20Souls%203%20Plat_zpskjkhhdbj.jpg

AHHHHH!!! Finally! Now I should probably see how my real life friends and family are doing before the dlc drops.

Arjen

and farming on camera too. gonna take him literally a year to finish the game at this rate. surprised he hasn't been massively spoiled yet since he reads the comments.

I've watched a random episode just to see where he was and what his pace is. Think it was episode 12 or something. He was only at the start of undead settlement and was talking about farming routes in the first area for a long time. Not my cup of tea.

Silvercat Ring is legit amazing for pvp. Great fun to stay close to ledges and wait for someone to fall down and follow up with a plunging attack. Or "accidentally" fall down, baiting them to follow with a plunge attack which will take most of their health, then easily finish them off. The area around the Profaned Capital bonfire is great for this trick which just helped me beat a 3v1, without help from enemies

Really liking what they have done with the fan service/Dark Souls 1 callback area. All game I have been seeing references from that game, and it made me wonder if Dark Souls III was taking place in the past or future, if in the same world. Once I finally made it past a very hard (and farming-friendly!) version of an enemy that populated this area in DS1, I came upon the body of someone who I had spent hours with over the course of that first game, upgrading materials and enjoying his character design. It was very sad to see him dead, and it was kind of profound what they did with such a simple trick here. This game is full of corpses. Yet here is one and it instantly frames the entire journey and hits me with a sadness that smothers the entire area (so far).

I say so far because I feel like I am inching my way up these stairs! I am not complaining, these are really challenging battles, and it is really rewarding to slap on a Symbol of Avarice and farm all kinds of titanite mere seconds from a bonfire. But it is killing me a lot! Lol i just died so close to the bonfire that the next time i respawned the knights pushed me back and killed me while I watched my previous self get up from the bonfire to suffer the same fate. It was hilarious and amazing and terrifying all at the same time.

I hope they did that on purpose!

Kindekuma

Banned
Beat DS3 today! It's my first souls game, so going from struggling against Vordt, to going against
Nameless
and
Soul of Cinder
is a big step forward skill wise for me. Time to start NG+!

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

I absolutely cannot beat him without using a shield. Most everyone else I can two hand against. But him, yeesh!

I actually just managed to beat him for the first time without summoning (on ng++).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom