• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meccs

I kinda regret buying the game for PC instead of PS4. I keep on invading the same people. The player base is probably a lot smaller than on console.
What is a good spot to invade as a SL80? I tried Lothric Castle but that was like 50% watching people die to the very first knight... Irithyll Dungeon seems too low and indeed it took forever to find someone to invade.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Spy's is the absolute worst. He's, what, 20 episodes in and he still hasn't finished the Undead Settlement.

Are you serious? lol. Never been a huge fan of the guy, not that I dislike him, just not my cup of tea, but man. I thought Marcus was king of overthinking... He really managed to make
Aldrich
look complicated. How you gonna spend like a dozen hours and still be in Undead Settlement though, jesus

Tarkus

I kinda regret buying the game for PC instead of PS4. I keep on invading the same people. The player base is probably a lot smaller than on console.
What is a good spot to invade as a SL80? I tried Lothric Castle but that was like 50% watching people die to the very first knight... Irithyll Dungeon seems too low and indeed it took forever to find someone to invade.
Ahhh, the price of 60 fps.

LiK

Are you serious? lol. Never been a huge fan of the guy, not that I dislike him, just not my cup of tea, but man. I thought Marcus was king of overthinking... He really managed to make
Aldrich
look complicated. How you gonna spend like a dozen hours and still be in Undead Settlement though, jesus

he's been to the Woods but decided to jump back into Undead Settlement to explore the rest of the area. to be fair, he's only done 17 eps :p

Ladekabel

I just beat
Dragonslayer Armor
first try. Noticed those
giant hollow butterflies and the burning one during the bossfight
. Are they connected to the Giant Butterfly in Dark Souls 1?

And I noticed that Dark Souls 3 is my first Dark Souls game where I didn't farm. In Dark Souls 1 I was doing the run in the forest for at least 3 hours. In Dark Souls 2 I helped with boss battles for a few hours for easy souls. In Dark Souls 3 I never had the urge or need to farm souls.

Aldrich

Aldrich wasnt too bad. Crystal Sage on the other hand made me yell at the screen.

Vena

The hardest boss in the game is my sense of depth perception on Nameless King.

If ever I thought FROM had no idea what they were doing at times, that would be an example of it, or they just got stuck so far up their own asses on "difficulty" that they forgot how to make it actually a good type of difficulty. Here's a giant battlefield with no fixed reference points for you to focus on while trying to lock on to a flying, fast moving, easily out of LoS boss! Also invisible walls that the boss does not obey.

Joey Ravn

Banned
There's a lot of people talking a lot about poise, and many of them don't have a grasp of things. Poise is definitely a bogus stat at this point, especially for PvP, but it's still unclear if it has a purpose. I've heard talk of poise giving certain heavy weapons hyper armor during 1h swings.

If it's used in any way, it''s definitely different than in previous games. That much is obvious. I'm pretty sure that it's not working at the moment, at least not in relation to withstanding blows without flinching. I've upped my poise as much as I could and any hit would still stagger me as if as I was totally naked.

It felt like I was wearing nothing at all. Nothing at all.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Aldrich wasnt too bad. Crystal Sage on the other hand made me yell at the screen.

He seems to have a thing where he doesn't want to actually beat a boss, he wants to understand it and have a civil conversation with it, when all you have to do is rush it down. That's what you do with ANYTHING that casts magic as a melee player, you rush it the fuck down. Same with Aldrich, but he seemed to not work out that the arrow attack has different properties in phase 1 and phase 2? I was kind of half-watching that ep while playing a game because I am NOT gonna watch someone fight a boss for 30 minutes with my full attention. Same thing with Pontiff, where apparently he even threw the fight once because he wasn't satisfied with how he won or something? Fuck outta here. It's his playthrough he can do what he wants, but as a viewer that's wasting my time. You can do a deep dive on a boss' mechanics in some other video.

Spy's is the absolute worst. He's, what, 20 episodes in and he still hasn't finished the Undead Settlement.
What's funny is at one point he showed his inventory and how much farming he'd done OFF camera - and people were complaining in the comments about how slow he was going any way, so this IS him editing his footage down! Poor guy, I like his videos but his DS3 series has really been a VERY slow start!

LiK

What's funny is at one point he showed his inventory and how much farming he'd done OFF camera - and people were complaining in the comments about how slow he was going any way, so this IS him editing his footage down! Poor guy, I like his videos but his DS3 series has really been a VERY slow start!

yea, its def not a LP for people wanting progress quickly. better off leaving it as bg sound while doing other stuff. ENB has been really fun to watch except when he does that boss analysis crap.

Robot Pants

Just finished my ng+ run with all bosses soloed.

Hardest bosses is Nameless by far.
I don't understand. I found nameless to be so easy. If you stay a certain distance from him you can hurl things at him and he will just take it keep walking towards you.
The first phase is a breeze too

Pontiff for me is the hardest by far

Tarkus

I prefer to have people who are actually really good at the game on in the background. I've learned so much from MrIwont4get over the years. The dude is a PvP monster and has a certain mastery over the weapons and how to play against people.

Novocaine

Sitting at 99 STR and 50 DEX the Greatsword with a refined gem is now edging out FUGS in AR. Whyyyyyyyyyyy did they do this to you FUGS, you were so special. The Refined Zwei is getting awfully close as well.

Sorry for going on about this, it's just that it's one of my favourite weapons.

LiK

Yeah, ENB trying to understand the bosses can be painful, but Spy has just reached maximum level.

i dunno about you, but i really want to understand how to beat those regular enemies in Undead Settlement some more. so many strats.

I prefer to have people who are actually really good at the game on in the background. I've learned so much from MrIwont4get over the years. The dude is a PvP monster and has a certain mastery over the weapons and how to play against people.
Depends what you're in to I guess. My interest in PvP died with DS2, so I really enjoy playthroughs like ENBs, and challenge runs the kind LobosJr does. Videos of endless pvp would bore me as much as Spy groaning his way through a playthrough does others I suppose!

Speaking of Lobos Jr. He's doing some boss analysis of his own trying to figure out how to cheese A
rchdragon
with a shield (
you can't do drop attacks with a shield
)

He seems to have a thing where he doesn't want to actually beat a boss, he wants to understand it and have a civil conversation with it, when all you have to do is rush it down. That's what you do with ANYTHING that casts magic as a melee player, you rush it the fuck down. Same with Aldrich, but he seemed to not work out that the arrow attack has different properties in phase 1 and phase 2? I was kind of half-watching that ep while playing a game because I am NOT gonna watch someone fight a boss for 30 minutes with my full attention. Same thing with Pontiff, where apparently he even threw the fight once because he wasn't satisfied with how he won or something? Fuck outta here. It's his playthrough he can do what he wants, but as a viewer that's wasting my time. You can do a deep dive on a boss' mechanics in some other video.

Same here. He did against Sulyvahn and did it again Aldritch. I'm not gonna lie I disliked both vids and turned em off when that happened. I understand it's his first playthrough and he has a right to play how he wants, but that is definitely a waste of time for his viewers. Hopefully it doesnt happen again, I can stand the over analysis of little things while playing and his never ending obsession with Velka but not that stuff.

Its funny seeing the difference in dislikes between those 2 episodes compared to the others. Was sorta glad I wasnt the only one who felt that way.

LiK

Same here. He did against Sulyvahn and did it again Aldritch. I'm not gonna lie I disliked both vids and turned em off when that happened. I understand it's his first playthrough and he has a right to play how he wants, but that is definitely a waste of time for his viewers. Hopefully it doesnt happen again, I can stand the over analysis of little things while playing and his never ending obsession with Velka but not that stuff.

Its funny seeing the difference in dislikes between those 2 episodes compared to the others. Was sorta glad I wasnt the only one who felt that way.

both those eps i gave dislikes as well and i saw i wasn't alone. even with comments off, hope he sees that dying intentionally when you almost killed the boss is just fucking lame. save that shit for NG+.

krioto

I finally got summoned as a Wolf of Farron last night, coincidentally for my 30th grass blade.

There were 5 of us summoned into one game, chasing this one guy - he must have been wondering what the hell was happening.

Sullichin

Gonna get UC4 tomorrow but I'd rather keep playing DS3. Only really started DS3 a few days ago and haven't gotten that far yet.

I should be burnt out on DS3 considering I've been playing since the Japanese release but it's making me not want Uncharted right away. Might be able to avoid the hype and pick it up later.

Carl7

i dunno about you, but i really want to understand how to beat those regular enemies in Undead Settlement some more. so many strats.

You farm enough souls to buy 999 arrows and firebombs, then you pull the zombies one by one.

I understand what ENB is doing with bosses. He wants to see the attack patterns and how to deal with them effectively. He's thinking of future playthroughs, not just 'one and done'. I get that it doesn't make exciting viewing to see someone face the same boss half a dozen times and intentionally die to the boss a couple of times until they've understood how to dodge a particular attack, but I get why he's doing it.

Soulhouf

soo guys if i kill emma early just strated my ng+ run will it mess up npc quests.??? i would like to get to the 3 fatties to level some ?

You won't be able to access the Archives until you beat the 3 lords.

Silvercat Ring is legit amazing for pvp. Great fun to stay close to ledges and wait for someone to fall down and follow up with a plunging attack. Or "accidentally" fall down, baiting them to follow with a plunge attack which will take most of their health, then easily finish them off. The area around the Profaned Capital bonfire is great for this trick which just helped me beat a 3v1, without help from enemies

Yeah, Silvercat Ring is OP in this game. I'm using it a lot in invasions myself. So much fun!

Sullichin

You won't be able to access the Archives until you beat the 3 lords.

Anyone know who the corpse with the Archives key is supposed to be, and any lore related reason that might explain why he shows up and dies at the front of the Archives door after you beat the 3 lords?

I understand what ENB is doing with bosses. He wants to see the attack patterns and how to deal with them effectively. He's thinking of future playthroughs, not just 'one and done'. I get that it doesn't make exciting viewing to see someone face the same boss half a dozen times and intentionally die to the boss a couple of times until they've understood how to dodge a particular attack, but I get why he's doing it.

Oh everyone understands why he's doing it. We've all done that at some point or another. The difference is we dont have an audience that we're making videos for. He could do that stuff offscreen or hell do it in an extra episode of a different character its not like people wouldnt watch.

I dont hate the guy though I really enjoy his content. Just starting to find out I like his stuff WAY more when he actually has knowledge about the game. If I want to watch someone discover a game blind I'll go somewhere else from now on(Kay Plays).

Anyone know who the corpse with the Archives key is supposed to be, and any lore related reason that might explain why he shows up and dies at the front of the Archives door after you beat the 3 lords?
Just by chance I read this the other day on the fextralife wiki, it's
Black Hand Gotthard
according to them.

LiK

Oh everyone understands why he's doing it. We've all done that at some point or another. The difference is we dont have an audience that we're making videos for. He could do that stuff offscreen or hell do it in an extra episode of a different character its not like people wouldnt watch.

I dont hate the guy though I really enjoy his content. Just starting to find out I like his stuff WAY more when he actually has knowledge about the game. If I want to watch someone discover a game blind I'll go somewhere else from now on(Kay Plays).

i do enjoy his blind reactions. it's really fun to see him gasp and get giddy about the lore stuff he's discovering. that one aspect of the bosses is really lame and i do wish he would edit them down or just make it a separate ep as well. at least if i see people give him a ton of dislikes, i know i should skip the majority of the boss fight after he does his suicides.

Novocaine

I should be burnt out on DS3 considering I've been playing since the Japanese release but it's making me not want Uncharted right away. Might be able to avoid the hype and pick it up later.

I'm sitting at around 130 hours, only started at western release. I will pick it up from the store today. I think I will have to force myself to play UC4, but I don't want to burn out on DS so a break is probably wise.

Just by chance I read this the other day on the fextralife wiki, it's
Black Hand Gotthard
according to them.

Yep, you also get his twin blades with the key.

Boogdud

I don't understand. I found nameless to be so easy. If you stay a certain distance from him you can hurl things at him and he will just take it keep walking towards you.
The first phase is a breeze too

Pontiff for me is the hardest by far

I think you got a bugged out NK...

He does anything but walk. I've seen other bosses (not just in 3) do this when they bug out. It's like the moveset doesn't fully load. NK doesn't screw around.

I'm guessing they cut something in between the door and the boss fight. Why would they place a bonfire just a few steps away from the last?

Help

In Lothric Castle, near the Barracks bonfire, there are two knights kneeling in front of a dead body, just passed the set of stairs leading to the frost knight. Above these two knights is an item. How do I get to this item?

Vena

Help

In Lothric Castle, near the Barracks bonfire, there are two knights kneeling at some altar, just passed the set of stairs leading to the frost knight. Above these two knights is an item. How do I get to this item?

You'll get it much later on in the castle.

LiK

I'm guessing they cut something in between the door and the boss fight. Why would they place a bonfire just a few steps away from the last?

i'm guessing it's a loading thing. seems like it happens with a couple of bonfires in several areas where they're just a few steps away which is odd. i was also scratching my head why there's a bonfire just two rooms away from another one in Lothric Castle.

Soulhouf

That's a good question. The corpse itself won't be there and I believe it's Gothard or whoever he's called, the NPC that you can summon for a couple of bosses since you get his weapon with the key.

Edit: too late.

Sullichin

I just thought it was a side effect of the design choice in this game to place a bonfire in every boss room, and basically one at the beginning of every area. Dragonslayer bonfire is also a bit closer to the shortcut to Princes.

But yeah it could have been some cut content, it's weird that he's just a mute summonable NPC and not someone you talk to throughout the game like Solaire or Biorr in Demon's.

Sullichin

I think you got a bugged out NK...

He does anything but walk. I've seen other bosses (not just in 3) do this when they bug out. It's like the moveset doesn't fully load. NK doesn't screw around.

I've actually seen this go both ways on my pyro character. One time I was able to keep my distance really easily. He'd just walk slowly and eat every Chaos Bed Vestige to the face. I messed up though, and my next attempt he was all over me and it was really hard to cast anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom