• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

Card Boy

Banned
23 minutes? Amazing. From and Scamco should both be embaressed when themselves.

I haven't read the whole thread but can cheat engine unlock 60FPS? Like it did with LA Noire?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Stop spreading this garbage at least.

Spreading what, its existence? No, I'd rather it be known. There's not instructions or anything.

If anything I'd rather people play it offline than get invaded by someone SL99999 within their first 2 hours of playing the game.

RooMHM

Just watched the first 7 mins on youtube. Is THIS really 30 fps? I mean, I'm probably not used to it anymore but it looks laggy as hell in this vid, close to 15 fps rather no?

Yeah if newbies want to use the wiki it is a simple google search away. Let them go through pure. They will learn soon enough. Mwhahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I have actually played this game for over 60 hours on the PS3 version and am sadly not sure what this refers to. I usually ended up trading my Firekeeper souls for the the estus flask increase...spoiler it if you want, but what should I do with them? I pretty much went in blind before and hate reading wiki stuff. Thanks.

Zzoram

The hacking invader trolls will be gone after a week or two, they'll surely get bored by then. I don't mind if they invade me.

Teknoman

Forget playing offline. Play this online, join forces with your fellow undead, and cut down any cheater that happens to attempt to invade you. BRAVE THE GRAVE.

il8hszEX8SEbF.gif

Hoo-doo

Banned
This guy is probably a 4chan player trying to get some sheep onto the servers, let's gang up on him guys!

The thought of anyone playing Souls games in offline mode bums me out hard.
I dare say it is kind of missing the point.

Maybe i'm alone on this though.

aFIGurANT

Nah I'm with you man. And help is going to be needed for a lot of people I imagine so yeah definitely look out for the white/gold summon signs peeps - I'm sure lots of the vets are going to be dropping them this weekend, but after that the drop off can be brutal.

zkylon

zkylewd
So any obscure things like the world tendency or saying YES to the Monumental that I should know of before digging deep my own grave?

Peagles

Offline is not the way to go. Just play hollow, it doesn't make a single difference, you can't get invaded and you won't miss out on the hints, stains and ghosts.

Someone said above there is already (or going to be) a hack where people can invade hollow players. I'll give it a go online first of course, but I literally don't have the time to mess with cheaters.

Hypron

If you like a real challenge, playing offline is the best. Once you know the game well it's not challenging enough anymore.

Psy-Phi

You've got to play online for the messages from players at the least, but human or hollow, it doesn't matter. Sometimes you're human, other times you're not. Playing in human form is a luxury.

Sullichin

So any obscure things like the world tendency or saying YES to the Monumental that I should know of before digging deep my own grave?

if you run into skeletons or ghosts after the tutorial --> you're going the wrong way

I recommend master key as a starting gift.

You don't have to play offline. Just play hollow.

It's impossible to get invaded by anyone.

Discussion on numerous hacking boards that it will be possibly in the next week at the latest of BEING ABLE to invade someones game even if they're not Human.

If the threat a few posts back is legit, that level of security may no longer be enough.

I'm all for DWGR getting nerfed, it should be something you only get for being light. I do hope they put another way to get them other than the current method, which is annoying.

zkylon

zkylewd
hohoho, you shall discover this on your own >:D

or a check a guide :(
I just hate stuff like the Monumetal answer that mess you up 50 hours later because you didn't do some arbitrary thing.

After that, the thing I love most of the Souls games is finding where to go by just testing the waters :)

Top Bottom