• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

Firebrand

Nope. You'll still get the same str/dex scaling. I think you need 10 INT for magic weapon, 15 for great magic weapon and 30 for crystal magic weapon. Just depends on how much you want to invest in int/if you want to use other spells.
Hmm, I see, thanks. I might just drop a single point into int to try it out the lesser spell then.

2AdEPT

Just took down the
Gaping Dragon
and earlier I went into the
Darkroot Basin
and got a Black Knight Halberd from the Black Knight down there.

I'm definitely addicted right now, I just hope it isn't 300 hours addicted like with Fallout: New Vegas.

ive soaked about 1.5k hours in souls since launch in 2009....give it up.....thisis the best series ever...... and when ds2 comes out it will cure your fix....for a few days or weeks, then back to the same withdrawal....wreck all other games...nothng compares.
I was keeping it for the place where there is a ton of posion (So I hear) .... Although I have not been there yet.

I have not gotten a single special drop from a knight :( Killed him and 2 others. No nothing....

make sure to either use gamesave manager or the saves system through the dsfix...this will quarntee you drops without having to start a new character. Step pn back up your save, step two kill knight, reload if no drop.

Is there ever a time when you can "farm" these?

At least I got my Katana from killing the undead mechant

if you dont use games save manager you can wait until the fianl guantlet before the final boss....there are farmable kights that respawn...but why wait until the end of the games when all you cna use them on is the boss and NG+....part of the fun for me is keeping my character low level and getting the stacked weapons ealry..killing invaders that are taking advantageof low level players etc.

ive soaked about 15k hours in souls since launch in 2009....give it up.....thisis the best series ever...... and when ds2 comes out it will cure your fix....for a few days or weeks, then back to the same withdrawal....wreck all other games...nothng compares.

make sure to either use gamesave manager or the saves system through the dsfix...this will quarntee you drops without having to start a new character. Step pn back up your save, step two kill knight, reload if no drop.

Ha! Look what your post caused!

jNxMg.jpg

Leads to a site about treating drug addiction.

cj_iwakura

I want to somehow plat this before Dark II, but I still have to do the weapon trophies, and crafting in this game never ceases to confuse. Mostly because of the embers and blacksmiths.

beril

I'm in the Depths and got cursed; where's the closest place to get rid of it? It hasn't been too much of a problem since I'm way too high level for this place (I didn't find it at first and tried to force my way through the Catabombs and New Londo instead, before eventually giving up up and did some backtracking and found it), but fighting the boss with half the HP is a bit too hard even for this game.

ParityBit

You need to find the undead women merchant. Shes in a cell in undeadburg lower.

Where is a good place to put my summon for the
gaping dragon
? I really need some practice fighting it.

beril

You need to find the undead women merchant. Shes in a cell in undeadburg lower.

Where is a good place to put my summon for the
gaping dragon
? I really need some practice fighting it.

Yeah, I found it right after I posted. The boss was a lot easier when I could survive its attacks, did it in one try. A lot easier than the Capra Demon

ParityBit

Yeah, I found it right after I posted. The boss was a lot easier when I could survive its attacks, did it in one try. A lot easier than the Capra Demon

I am guessing you have much better eq than I have! I tried once as a summon and was lost. Didnt get far at all. I am at the bonfire seeing if anyone will summon me. Nothing yet.

ParityBit

So I am a curse. Been summoned 3 times, 3 times the player was invaded and I got killed.

Is it worth buying anything from Domhnall of Zena in the depths? I have some good souls from helping people.

krakov

So I am a curse. Been summoned 3 times, 3 times the player was invaded and I got killed.

Is it worth buying anything from Domhnall of Zena in the depths? I have some good souls from helping people.

The armor he sells is pretty cool, but also pretty expensive and not especially good unfortunately. You'll have other opportunities to shop from him later on.

JRW

Ive been wearing Stone armor for awhile now (SL 56) and seems like any armor I come across doesn't even compare, am I overlooking something? I'm wearing Havels ring and sitting at around 48% weight capacity.

Akito

Ive been wearing Stone armor for awhile now (SL 56) and seems like any armor I come across doesn't even compare, am I overlooking something? I'm wearing Havels ring and sitting at around 48% weight capacity.
It's good and have tons of poise but weighs a ton as well, without Havel's ring your movements would be severely restricted. Every piece of armor has pros and cons, the same for weapons.

Soulhouf

I want to somehow plat this before Dark II, but I still have to do the weapon trophies, and crafting in this game never ceases to confuse. Mostly because of the embers and blacksmiths.

What's you level? If I have a character in your range I can help you to get the trophies.

Is it feasible to play this game without using magic? I'm up to Sif, and while I can dodge most of his attacks, I just cant do enough damage with my sword to beat him without have to roughly dodge and attack 50 times. I'm thinking this is probably the end of the game for me right here if hitting him with a 2-handed Balder Side Sword +5 can only take off a tiny sliver of life. This and the bonfires being placed to obviously stretch a 25 hour game out to 40 or 50 have really soured me on the game. The bonfire placement is the equivalent of fetch quests in other games that lead you back and forth across a games map just to stretch out the length of a game.

Soulhouf

Is it feasible to play this game without using magic? I'm up to Sif, and while I can dodge most of his attacks, I just cant do enough damage with my sword to beat him without have to roughly dodge and attack 50 times. I'm thinking this is probably the end of the game for me right here if hitting him with a 2-handed Balder Side Sword +5 can only take off a tiny sliver of life. This and the bonfires being placed to obviously stretch a 25 hour game out to 40 or 50 have really soured me on the game. The bonfire placement is the equivalent of fetch quests in other games that lead you back and forth across a games map just to stretch out the length of a game.

Come back later to that boss, it's too early.

Soulhouf

Level doesn't matter, it's all about your weapon. A +5 weapon is too weak for that boss.
Besides you will need to beat that boss after Anor Londo to access a special area.

Did you ring the 2 bells?

Sullichin

Level 37 is too early for Sif? What about the other boss in the area/

Like soulhouf said, it's not your level which doesn't really matter but the weapon. A +5 weapon is better suited to early parts of the game. They can go all the way to +15. Also, eventually you'll get the ability to warp between bonfires. The other boss in darkroot is doable with a +5 but easier with ranged attacks. You're nowhere near the end of the game

Rang 1 bell, cleared Undead Burg, lower under burg, and undead parish. Cleared everything in Darkroot basin including the boss and darkroot garden except Sid and the other boss. Got up to the Channeler in the Depths before I doubled back to darkroot.

Arjen

Rang 1 bell, cleared Undead Burg, lower under burg, and undead parish. Cleared everything in Darkroot basin including the boss and darkroot garden except Sid and the other boss. Got up to the Channeler in the Depths before I doubled back to darkroot.

You should focus on the depths now.

Sullichin

Grab the large ember from the depths, bring your weapon to as close to +10 as you can, and go after gaping dragon. Then it's time for the second bell. You don't have to worry about sif for a while. Ringing both bells isn't even the halfway point ;)

chunk3rvd

You should focus on the depths now.

Definitely. The depths is also where you can get the ember (and materials) to take your weapon beyond +5

It's always a shame seeing posts like yours where people almost give up on the game through frustration but I guess that's te downside to the obtuse nature of Souls games. Stick with it though - you won't regret it!

Ahh the thing with that is that I havent found a single large titanite shard yet in the game. Got the large ember though and already gave it to the blacksmith.

Got damnit, spent over two hours failing to kill that
Taurus Demon. Go ahead point fingers and laugh, I feel like I should be able to but whenever he get's one hit on me, I take forever to get up and he just comes and pummels me again.
Is it possible to get up faster? (I'm like 18/57 equipment load)
My dodging techniques aren't working, can I ask if I should dodge towards the swing? Doding away or backwards occasionally get's me hit :l

Taurus Demon. Go ahead point fingers and laugh, I feel like I should be able to but whenever he get's one hit on me, I take forever to get up and he just comes and pummels me again.
My dodging techniques aren't working, can I ask if I should dodge towards the swing? Doding away or backwards occasionally get's me hit :l

Roll backwards then go forward to him,hit him, repeat.

climb up the tower and plunge attack him, keeping doing that until he dies.

Beat Manus
yesterday, and decided to go after the Dragon. Spent like 3 hours trying to beat him and didn't even make a dent, so I'm going to have to skip this boss on this playthrough. Watching guides on youtube, all the people seem to have really powerful weapons and characters. Mine moves extremely slow and does very little damage in comparison.

After that I went back to tackling Demon Ruins, and got to Lost Izalith. How much game do I have left?

Jarsonot

I actually thought the game was easier with my strength, no magic playthrough than with my magic guy.

Also most of the bosses are near enough to bonfires that you can run to them fairly quickly (two minutes or often less) and not even have to fight anyone. Some of the bonfires are hidden, however. Strike suspicious walls with your weapon!

Akito

Beat Manus
yesterday, and decided to go after the Dragon. Spent like 3 hours trying to beat him and didn't even make a dent, so I'm going to have to skip this boss on this playthrough. Watching guides on youtube, all the people seem to have really powerful weapons and characters. Mine moves extremely slow and does very little damage in comparison.

After that I went back to tackling Demon Ruins, and got to Lost Izalith. How much game do I have left?
Eh, depends on what you've done so far. After Anor Londo the essential areas you have to tackle on are New Londo Ruins, Tomb of the Giants and the Duke's Archives (beside the Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith obviously), after that comes the final area of the game.

Firebrand

...and this is why we carry homeward bones.
Nito is a jerk.
I did manage to cut down the last of his HP from that spot!

edit: Though, you always have the Darksign to get you home perhaps? Never used that. Would have sucked to drop 125K souls though.

J-Roderton

How is the DLC pvp arena thing? I forgot the name of it. Is it just an easy way to hop in a fight without laying down signs or using items? Does it go by soul level?

Eh, depends on what you've done so far. After Anor Londo the essential areas you have to tackle on are New Londo Ruins, Tomb of the Giants and the Duke's Archives (beside the Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith obviously), after that comes the final area of the game.

Already went through all those areas. I'm on the home stretch. Just wanted to know to see if I can beat it tonight.

Akito

Already went through all those areas. I'm on the home stretch. Just wanted to know to see if I can beat it tonight.
The final area is very very short so there's a good chance for you to do so. Although be aware that you will get chartered right into NG+ after beating the final boss so you may want to get all optional quests and preparations done before doing that.

Is this is the same guy from earlier in Undead Burg?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Before,
the game ends when you kill beardy.

Firebrand

Cool, will go do that next then. Cheers. edit: Spent nearly two hours looking for them, without results. Hmm. There's two obvious spots for
Artorias
but either that's not it or I'm lacking some key ingredient. Oh well, will have to keep searching next time.

WTF... Why did Solaire
have to die?! How in the hell are you supposed to know what needs to be done to save him. He had a thing on in his head and started attacking me. Now he won't be able to summon again. Fuck you FROM... why did you made me kill the sunbro. ;_;

Top Bottom