• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

I finally took down this mofo last night. It took me a few nights of trying. Ultimately, I just went two handed with the club, and that worked better than before.

155A6B82-BB1B-4B8F-A124-93AC0331739F-13751-000003F389B41C61.jpg
*bows* I don't even think I'm going to go for the DLC areas in my SL1 run, so my hat is off to you for this, I had problems with Artorias with a normal levelled character, SL1 is amazing.

I lost 170,000 souls and 15 humanity on my SL1 run vs Prisclla. The funny thing is I'd already done the Painted World but went back to get a couple of items I missed, did get her dagger but died. Tried again got her down to where 1 combustion would've killed her, then she got her hit in first. On the way back I died trying to run past the enemies on the way when I KNOW slow and steady is always the way, grrrrr! Impatience kills in DS every. time.

I finally took down this mofo last night. It took me a few nights of trying. Ultimately, I just went two handed with the club, and that worked better than before.

155A6B82-BB1B-4B8F-A124-93AC0331739F-13751-000003F389B41C61.jpg
When people talk about the game being "hard" it usually means patience, but I found Artorias to be one of the bits where the game was truly hard; mostly because he would react to your attacks instead of leaving himself wide open in recovery after a swing. You had to be particularly careful in reading his movements, and it was one of the funnest fights to take on pure melee in the entire game.

Raide

Funny how Dark Souls goes. I made some progress with one character and hit a wall with another. Good progress through the joys of Anor Londo, managing to down Orns and Smo, then Gwyndolin, into the Duke's Achieves and beyond. Then to the Tomb of the Giants before getting murdered by Nito. :D

On the bad run, I cannot seem to down Orns and Smo toe to toe. Trying to mix up what weapons I use but I still get overwhelmed by them both. Also lost 60k of souls when I used my new Dragon Bone Fist and Shoryuken'd my self over a wall to my death. God damn you!

Other than that, I am up to 124 hours play time and no matter how annoyed I get, I still keep playing/roll a new character. Really need to make a Pyromancer.

Took out the Iron Golem and Butterfly last night. Now I just have Stray Demon and Sif left. Was able to take out the butterfly at a single landing.

Looking over a guide for weapons it looks like I should wait to go into New Lando. And someone here mentioned waiting until i can teleport before going through the 2 side areas in the Blighttown Swamps. Although i cant remember what it is I needed or where to get it.

So Sif, Stray Demon, or Anor Lando?

SJRB

Gold Member
Took out the Iron Golem and Butterfly last night. Now I just have Stray Demon and Sif left. Was able to take out the butterfly at a single landing.

Looking over a guide for weapons it looks like I should wait to go into New Lando. And someone here mentioned waiting until i can teleport before going through the 2 side areas in the Blighttown Swamps. Although i cant remember what it is I needed or where to get it.

So Sif, Stray Demon, or Anor Lando?

Anor Londo is the next logical step to progressing through the game. Sif can be done too, you've probably explored the Darkroot Gardens by now.

I'd recommend Anor Londo, if only for the huge change of scenery. It's also a nice benchmark to see how good your skills, stats and weapons are by now.

oracrest

*bows* I don't even think I'm going to go for the DLC areas in my SL1 run, so my hat is off to you for this, I had problems with Artorias with a normal levelled character, SL1 is amazing.

When people talk about the game being "hard" it usually means patience, but I found Artorias to be one of the bits where the game was truly hard; mostly because he would react to your attacks instead of leaving himself wide open in recovery after a swing. You had to be particularly careful in reading his movements, and it was one of the funnest fights to take on pure melee in the entire game.

Yeah, I don't think I had defeated him solo, let alone as SL1, so I had to learn a lot from the ground up. His jumping attack was the one I could roll from and get a hit on the easiest. And later, I started risking an attack after his long forward thrust attack, but I always ran the risk that he would do his double swoop and kill me right there. Going two handed meant I could take him down in less hits, so that proved to be the tipping point strategy for me. It felt so good to kill him! I had gotten him down to a couple hits left, and each run would take me about 10 minutes sometimes.

I haven't actually defeated Kalameet at all yet, so I may save him for the very end if I lose patience.

Ohshitawalrus

Neo Member
Hey you guys, I hope this is the right place to ask this. I'm having some problems when trying to run Dark Souls and for the last couple of hours I've been searching everywhere and tried everything but nothing seems to match the problems I'm having, and it's pretty hard to find a solution if you're not sure what the problem is. I'm kinda out of ideas and I wouldn't come to you guys if I had any other places to look for solutions.
I borrowed DS about a month ago from a friend and everything was going fine for a couple of days until I decided to download the dsfix. At that point the game stopped working, when I booted up DS all I got was a dark screen and I'm still not sure what I did wrong. At the time I didn't really care because I couldn't play DS for long anyways since I had to give it back. I uninstalled everything (or so I think) and went on with my life in blissful ignorance.

Yesterday I decided to buy DS on amazon. I installed it and when I tried to play it the screen was still black, but the Steam and GFWL windows did work. The peculiar thing is that when I boot the game up and delete the DARKSOULS.exe *32 process, it does bring me to the menu sometimes because I can hear the menu sounds when I click enter, but the screen is still black. Since then I tried everything the internet told me, but I still came up with no solution.

I also deleted the NBGI folder with the savefiles etc. several times before playing the game, but after every bootup it keeps making 2 separate folders, one named after my GFWL account and one other map. My graphic card's a GeForce GT 540M and as far as I know my computer matches all the minimum requirements.

Can anyone tell me what the problem might be, or what site I should visit to find out more about this problem? Im looking forward playing DS and these pc issues are really destroying my boner.

Hey you guys, I hope this is the right place to ask this. I'm having some problems when trying to run Dark Souls and for the last couple of hours I've been searching everywhere and tried everything but nothing seems to match the problems I'm having, and it's pretty hard to find a solution if you're not sure what the problem is. I'm kinda out of ideas and I wouldn't come to you guys if I had any other places to look for solutions.
I borrowed DS about a month ago from a friend and everything was going fine for a couple of days until I decided to download the dsfix. At that point the game stopped working, when I booted up DS all I got was a dark screen and I'm still not sure what I did wrong. At the time I didn't really care because I couldn't play DS for long anyways since I had to give it back. I uninstalled everything (or so I think) and went on with my life in blissful ignorance.

Yesterday I decided to buy DS on amazon. I installed it and when I tried to play it the screen was still black, but the Steam and GFWL windows did work. The peculiar thing is that when I boot the game up and delete the DARKSOULS.exe *32 process, it does bring me to the menu sometimes because I can hear the menu sounds when I click enter, but the screen is still black. Since then I tried everything the internet told me, but I still came up with no solution.

I also deleted the NBGI folder with the savefiles etc. several times before playing the game, but after every bootup it keeps making 2 separate folders, one named after my GFWL account and one other map. My graphic card's a GeForce GT 540M and as far as I know my computer matches all the minimum requirements.

Can anyone tell me what the problem might be, or what site I should visit to find out more about this problem? Im looking forward playing DS and these pc issues are really destroying my boner.

Is this the Steam version? If so verify the integrity of the games cache then head over to the Dark Souls fix thread here.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=46630791#post46630791

You definitely messed something up with with dsfix.ini. And you also probably forgot to disable anti aliasing in game.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Yeah, I don't think I had defeated him solo, let alone as SL1, so I had to learn a lot from the ground up. His jumping attack was the one I could roll from and get a hit on the easiest. And later, I started risking an attack after his long forward thrust attack, but I always ran the risk that he would do his double swoop and kill me right there. Going two handed meant I could take him down in less hits, so that proved to be the tipping point strategy for me. It felt so good to kill him! I had gotten him down to a couple hits left, and each run would take me about 10 minutes sometimes.

I haven't actually defeated Kalameet at all yet, so I may save him for the very end if I lose patience.

Good job, man! I always use the Blacksmith Giant Hammer (+5 if you allow upgrades) in combination with Red Tearstone for Artorias. It just makes the fight go by a lot faster, dps-wise, not to mention three good swings or two and a kick with break his charge up.

Anyway, this is the combo I'd strongly recommend for Kalameet at SL1 (or any base-SL that can use the hammer). Really no other method that is time friendly. :)

I guess you could use a +15 Reinforced Club with Gold Pine Resin for Kalameet but the time needed to buff and the fact I never have many on-hand means I never do it.

oracrest

Good job, man! I always use the Blacksmith Giant Hammer (+5 if you allow upgrades) in combination with Red Tearstone for Artorias. It just makes the fight go by a lot faster, dps-wise, not to mention three good swings or two and a kick with break his charge up.

Anyway, this is the combo I'd strongly recommend for Kalameet at SL1 (or any base-SL that can use the hammer). Really no other method that is time friendly. :)

I guess you could use a +15 Reinforced Club with Gold Pine Resin for Kalameet but the time needed to buff and the fact I never have many on-hand means I never do it.

I just read today how some of the hammers and axes are available for this run. I may try and use those and see how it feels. It's certainly fun to mix it up, and use different weapons.

ArynCrinn

Banned
I just read today how some of the hammers and axes are available for this run. I may try and use those and see how it feels. It's certainly fun to mix it up, and use different weapons.

I'd also recommend Hammer of Vamos for Sif if you ever do a no-upgrade run, or even if you do upgrade. Really fun to roll through everything Sif throws at you and time really precise hammer swings. :)

oracrest

yeah! Took down Four Kings in just 4 tries. I owe that to having fought them a few times recently, and being a bit familiar with them. I had to go get the Crest shield because his AOE attack kept killing me in one hit.

The lightning club was able to take them out pretty fast. I only had two at a time before the fight ended.

1677E9FB-C6C5-4F4F-B5C7-02B18FCE3F26-14166-0000040D7F125EF1.jpg

Raptomex

HAHA! After 5 tries I beat the first boss. Lol. I think if I treat this the way I treat Contra (go in expecting to lose and never win) I'll have more fun.

2AdEPT

Yep plus it looks like you are running around with a light sabre.

^^^^^this

.....and logans robe and emit force with lightning bolts with 30 faith round out the effect.

Ah I forgot to mention that Havel is available now too. Am I not ready for Stray, Havel, or Sif yet?

I think you are confusing new londo ruins and anor londo ....as a newer player I strongly suggest getting your set up ready before going to anor londo by figuring out the ghosts in New londo first. Getting your swords to +15 or 14 for your fire uchi etc will really help....you will also be able to upgrade your armour and shield before getting hardcore.....if you can do sens you can do any area in the game....but that very large ember is useful....why not get that ASAP???

the story part is easier to figure out if you find a guy called ingward in new londo before doing sif...if you talked to alvina the cat in the garden you will understand what needs to happen in new londo without having to look it up potentially.

^^^^^this

.....and logans robe and emit force with lightning bolts with 30 faith round out the effect.

I think you are confusing new londo ruins and anor londo ....as a newer player I strongly suggest getting your set up ready before going to anor londo by figuring out the ghosts in New londo first. Getting your swords to +15 or 14 for your fire uchi etc will really help....you will also be able to upgrade your armour and shield before getting hardcore.....if you can do sens you can do any area in the game....but that very large ember is useful....why not get that ASAP???

the story part is easier to figure out if you find a guy called ingward in new londo before doing sif...if you talked to alvina the cat in the garden you will understand what needs to happen in new londo without having to look it up potentially.

I thought the ember was in Anor lando? And from what I've read here it seems like I need a special type of weapon for New Londo.

I'm looking through a guide on cursed weapons and I'm not understanding this. It says ghosts and banshees in New Londo can only be hurt by cursed weapons. Yet all but one of the cursed weapons listed is a drop from a banshee orr ghost. How do I get them to drop one without having a weapon that will damage them?

Oh think I see. I need transient curse and hope for a drop.

ArynCrinn

Banned
yeah! Took down Four Kings in just 4 tries. I owe that to having fought them a few times recently, and being a bit familiar with them. I had to go get the Crest shield because his AOE attack kept killing me in one hit.

The lightning club was able to take them out pretty fast. I only had two at a time before the fight ended.

1677E9FB-C6C5-4F4F-B5C7-02B18FCE3F26-14166-0000040D7F125EF1.jpg

Great job! Did you allow healing? I'm trying that right now and it's so far totally luck based with Four Kings. If too many show up or they start spamming magic, you're screwed.

I personally always use the Magic Warrior Round Shield +5 for this fight, it mitigates the un-dodgeable magic shot to almost no damage. But I've heard the Darkhand works well too. But usually I just roll away when they curl up to do the AOE.

Sullichin

Well I'm dumb. NG+, Abandoned darkwraiths through oswald so I wouldn't lose my rank, joined forest hunters, bought all of shivas weapons, killed 4 kings and kaathe isn't there. Of course not, I'd already placed the lordvessel... I don't know why I didn't realize this, I decided to get shiva's stuff when I was in ooacile township. Don't have too many cracked orbs either. I'll have to go through NG++ to rejoin, but for now i'll try gravelording. I don't think I'll be too lucky with the shitty online in the PC version.

I thought the ember was in Anor lando? And from what I've read here it seems like I need a special type of weapon for New Londo.

I'm looking through a guide on cursed weapons and I'm not understanding this. It says ghosts and banshees in New Londo can only be hurt by cursed weapons. Yet all but one of the cursed weapons listed is a drop from a banshee orr ghost. How do I get them to drop one without having a weapon that will damage them?

Oh think I see. I need transient curse and hope for a drop.
Very large ember is in new londo. I wouldn't even bother with cursed weapons, because you still won't be able to use your shield. transient curse is fine, and you can buy more from the female undead merchant in the aqueduct in undead burg if you run out

Seanspeed

Banned
Very large ember is in new londo. I wouldn't even bother with cursed weapons, because you still won't be able to use your shield. transient curse is fine, and you can buy more from the female undead merchant in the aqueduct in undead burg if you run out
Recently found out she only sells 4, though. Once gone, there's no other way it seems except to get yourself cursed on purpose. I used 2 I got from a drop, but died each time(this was earlier on) and the item doesn't stay active if you die so each time it was basically wasted.

oracrest

Great job! Did you allow healing? I'm trying that right now and it's so far totally luck based with Four Kings. If too many show up or they start spamming magic, you're screwed.

I personally always use the Magic Warrior Round Shield +5 for this fight, it mitigates the un-dodgeable magic shot to almost no damage. But I've heard the Darkhand works well too. But usually I just roll away when they curl up to do the AOE.

Yeah, I am allowing healing, but no magic. All melee. I don't have a particular inclination to tackle any one area over the other next, but I think I'm gonna go for the sunlight maggot helmet before tomb of giants.

chunk3rvd

Attempting a fairly low level Catacombs run that started of pretty well. Have killed 4 necromancers so far including the one at the first bonfire so I think most of the hard work is done. Killing the 4th one was a bit of a suicide run though and now I have 29 humanity lying in a room where I got overwhelmed by the skeletons following me

If I take the shortcut to the bottom and summon Leeroy will he help me work my way back up through the level to clear out the titante demon and collect all the loot? Just worried he might get stuck on a ladder or something daft like that

Sullichin

Attempting a fairly low level Catacombs run that started of pretty well. Have killed 4 necromancers so far including the one at the first bonfire so I think most of the hard work is done. Killing the 4th one was a bit of a suicide run though and now I have 29 humanity lying in a room where I got overwhelmed by the skeletons following me

If I take the shortcut to the bottom and summon Leeroy will he help me work my way back up through the level to clear out the titante demon and collect all the loot? Just worried he might get stuck on a ladder or something daft like that

I think that's far more likely than having him backtrack with you through the level. he tends to walk in the direction of pinwheels room, or somehow get stuck in the wide open bottom area of the catacombs so...

Speaking of that titanite demon, it killed me last night with an attack I've never seen before. It grabbed me with the catchpole and slammed me into the ground 3 times. I couldn't tell if my character was just stuck in his weapon model and it was a normal attack or if it was something I haven't seen before.

oracrest

Damn, I got to te centipede demon, but the little lava streams almost always kill me when I go through them...

So I joined the forest covenant so I could get access to the ninja flip ring. Lava is such a B.

moop1167

Damn, I got to te centipede demon, but the little lava streams almost always kill me when I go through them...

So I joined the forest covenant so I could get access to the ninja flip ring. Lava is such a B.

Just kill him and you'll be more happy. The Dark Wood Grain ring won't help with lava.

Sullichin

Can't you flip twice through the lava for much less damage?

Yeah, you'll take less damage with the DWGR while flipping to the area on the right. You can also just wait for him in the beginning, hit one of his centipede tail things off and get the charred ring in the middle of the fight

Soulhouf

Speaking of that titanite demon, it killed me last night with an attack I've never seen before. It grabbed me with the catchpole and slammed me into the ground 3 times. I couldn't tell if my character was just stuck in his weapon model and it was a normal attack or if it was something I haven't seen before.

Yeah that's the R2 attack of the Titanite Catch Pole. I was killed many times by that attack.

sixghost

It's crazy how different the game can be just by switching the weapon you use. I had never used a greatsword, or ultragreatsword before this. I started a new character with the Zweihander and have been wrecking the game. I had never really considered how well high poise and slower weapons work together. I've hardly ran in to any enemies that won't die in one or two hits, and 90% of the time the two handed overhand attack will flatten them.

I love how the game lets you completely change the feel of combat but changing some stats and choosing a different weapon. It's great to turn the tables on the some of the bigger enemies, eating their attack without being interrupted, then stunning them with mine. I even beat O&S on the first try in about 2 minutes. I was absolutely shocked at that. I just finished the 4 Kings and just stood there toe to toe the entire time, trading blows. I love this damn game.

KarmaCow

It's extremely satisfying flattening a Black Knight with the Ultra Greatsword strong attack and flatten it again while it's trying to get back up.

2AdEPT

Recently found out she only sells 4, though. Once gone, there's no other way it seems except to get yourself cursed on purpose. I used 2 I got from a drop, but died each time(this was earlier on) and the item doesn't stay active if you die so each time it was basically wasted.

I guess as an old vet this seems easier than when new...but all I have ever needed recently is the two in a dead dredgling jar near the bridge, there are also quite a few more strewnabout the level. However, I always bring HIGH item discovery to new londo...get your humanity up to 10 and bring the covetous gold serpent ring from sens and you will have 20 or so transient curse from all the ghost drops. Just make sure to not waste your first two from the bridge and you will be all right...get that item discovery up and you won;t have to worry about curses...also you get as many as three jagged ghost blade drops per runthrough of new londo if you use full 410 item discovery

I thought the ember was in Anor lando?

it most certainly is in new londo....the benefit of making it half way through anor londo is
you can buy all the shards except chumks and the slab

Seanspeed

Banned
I guess as an old vet this seems easier than when new...but all I have ever needed recently is the two in a dead dredgling jar near the bridge, there are also quite a few more strewnabout the level. However, I always bring HIGH item discovery to new londo...get your humanity up to 10 and bring the covetous gold serpent ring from sens and you will have 20 or so transient curse from all the ghost drops. Just make sure to not waste your first two from the bridge and you will be all right...get that item discovery up and you won;t have to worry about curses...also you get as many as three jagged ghost blade drops per runthrough of new londo if you use full 410 item discovery.
Thats probably next up on my agenda. Just beat Tomb of the Giants.

I'm not a fan of carrying around a huge amount of humanity, but I might try it this one instance. I have lots of Humanity in my inventory, but I've been using them for kindling fires around the world. Guess I could spare some.

Glad to know transient curses are pretty common drops. I was worried about suddenly being unable to fight back in the middle of a run through the place(especially since I read
there's no bonfire in the area

EDIT: I've spent some time farming recently now that I can fast travel. Upgraded a bunch of weapons and now I have a pretty big selection of capable weaponry and its been fun using different ones.

I just did that top section tonight and as long as you have the serpent ring and 10 humanity they will drop like crazy. Of course at a high drop rate its also likely that a cursed sword will drop too, but I'm sure whatever weapons you have now would be more efeective using tansient curse than the cursed sword itself would be.

There is also a vendor on a roof there ( be sure not to kill him ) that sells transient curse. I wasted a bunch of money buying them from him without realizing just how close to the end of needing transient curse I was.

Started playing the 360 version after having it collect dust for more than a year. The graphics are horrible. I have been spoiled by Durante's fix.

2AdEPT

I just did that top section tonight and as long as you have the serpent ring and 10 humanity they will drop like crazy. Of course at a high drop rate its also likely that a cursed sword will drop too, but I'm sure whatever weapons you have now would be more efeective using tansient curse than the cursed sword itself would be.

There is also a vendor on a roof there ( be sure not to kill him ) that sells transient curse. I wasted a bunch of money buying them from him without realizing just how close to the end of needing transient curse I was.

Most people kill inward with arrows as it prevent s having to deal with the ghosts in tight hallways and climbing the ladder up to the roof where the ghosts appear out of nowhere to get you while you are defenseless on the ladder. we warned though...make sure ou back up using saves from dsfix or gamesave manager....although the key to the seal is supposed to drop when killed, on PC version it is a common glitch that it does not drop and therefore your whole playthrough is shot....happened to me on my first PC version character and had to start over...really REALLy annoying.

Funny story, when I first got to Anor Londo I thought that I surely must be somewhere near the end of the game. It seemed like a fine last area or penultimate level. How silly of me.

I'm continually amazed by how much extremely top notch content they put into this game. Going through Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith and just continually blown away. I also love how the areas you go to seem to get progressively more and more interesting. And the variety of the enemies and combat situations is so good.

Man I love this game. Haven't enjoyed a game like this in a long itme.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Wow, gotta hate (and love) the RNG in this game... Beating O&S at SL1 without upgrades with the no-healing rule is almost impossible. No matter what weapon I choose the AI always seems to either hang back and wait for my camera to be obscured for a Smough charge or Ornstein lightning zap from behind Smough. Or they just uber aggro and don't give me a inch. Guess I just need to keep running it until the stars align...

Any recommendations for weapons/gear/rings using this rule set, I'm all ears.

Edit: Currently using;

-Gear = Naked
-Rings = Favor+Red Tearstone
-Weapons = Hammer of Vamos (for Ornstein) Giant Blacksmith Hammer (for Smough), tried a Light Crossbow and it doesn't do shit, 28dmg on Ornstein WITH Red Tearstone and heavy bolts.
-Shield = Grass Crest on my back at all times.

I can end Smough fast, but when dealing with Uber Ornstein I'm barely making a dent with my strongest weapon, barely visible depletion on his health bar with R2's. :( So if I can find a way to kill Orns first, Smough shouldn't be too bad.

sixghost

Thats probably next up on my agenda. Just beat Tomb of the Giants.

I'm not a fan of carrying around a huge amount of humanity, but I might try it this one instance. I have lots of Humanity in my inventory, but I've been using them for kindling fires around the world. Guess I could spare some.

Glad to know transient curses are pretty common drops. I was worried about suddenly being unable to fight back in the middle of a run through the place(especially since I read
there's no bonfire in the area

EDIT: I've spent some time farming recently now that I can fast travel. Upgraded a bunch of weapons and now I have a pretty big selection of capable weaponry and its been fun using different ones.

Make sure to keep your transient curse as the active item while you're going through New Londo. The only way you can tell if the buff has worn of is by looking at the picture in the bottom left. If it's grayed out, it's still active, if it's white, reapply it. It sucks to realize it wore off in the middle of a fight.

Soulhouf

It's crazy how different the game can be just by switching the weapon you use. I had never used a greatsword, or ultragreatsword before this. I started a new character with the Zweihander and have been wrecking the game. I had never really considered how well high poise and slower weapons work together. I've hardly ran in to any enemies that won't die in one or two hits, and 90% of the time the two handed overhand attack will flatten them.

I love how the game lets you completely change the feel of combat but changing some stats and choosing a different weapon. It's great to turn the tables on the some of the bigger enemies, eating their attack without being interrupted, then stunning them with mine. I even beat O&S on the first try in about 2 minutes. I was absolutely shocked at that. I just finished the 4 Kings and just stood there toe to toe the entire time, trading blows. I love this damn game.

Zweihander is perhaps the strongest weapon in the game.
It seems crap at first when you 1 hand it but it completely change to a monster in berserk mode when 2 handed.
It only requires 16 str to 2H and with a quality build you have ~600 AR that you can buff. Combine that to its strongest stun ability in the game and you obtain an OP weapon even for NG+7.

It's funny because you can get that weapon before any other.

Make sure to keep your transient curse as the active item while you're going through New Londo. The only way you can tell if the buff has worn of is by looking at the picture in the bottom left. If it's grayed out, it's still active, if it's white, reapply it. It sucks to realize it wore off in the middle of a fight.
I do this too, but you do get the white glow when a transient curse is active - it's similar to the green stamina regen glow but only shows if you don't have any other active item like that in use. I usually use the wolf ring, so it doesn't show up over that either.

Seanspeed

Banned
Thanks for the advice.

And the increased stamina recovery green effect is actually kinda annoying. I enjoy the buff, but I could do without the extra notification. Something in the top corner by the life bar would have been enough.

This SL1 run comes to an end. I killed Priscilla after many attempts, ran to the bridge area and used fire orb, since the bridge arch means she has to come through it, lobbing an orb in that direction made her visible immediately and then I just spammed 3 or 4 more and it was over. Gwyndolin was also a piece of cake using Fire Surge. But 4 Kings was just going to be too much test of my patience in retrying and skill, I tried a couple of times but really don't want feel like investing the time in all the retrying and running back. Hats off to those who have done it, especially unupgraded etc, you guys are amazing.

Soulhouf

This SL1 run comes to an end. I killed Priscilla after many attempts, ran to the bridge area and used fire orb, since the bridge arch means she has to come through it, lobbing an orb in that direction made her visible immediately and then I just spammed 3 or 4 more and it was over. Gwyndolin was also a piece of cake using Fire Surge. But 4 Kings was just going to be too much test of my patience in retrying and skill, I tried a couple of times but really don't want feel like investing the time in all the retrying and running back. Hats off to those who have done it, especially unupgraded etc, you guys are amazing.

The best way to beat them:
- Chaos/Fire Reinforced Club +5/+10
- Lingering Dragoncrest Ring + Power Within
- Giant/Havel/Stone Set
- Dark Hand

Power Within + the ring let the effect last 2 minutes which is more than enough to obleterate them and the poise given by the Giant set will let you heal whenever you need without being interrupted.
Stay the closest to them and when they do the AoE attack, use the Dark Hand and it will absorb most of the attack.
2H your weapon, slash slash slash and heal when needed.

Rinse and repeat.

Don't give up after you came this far, it's not really difficult if you use the right gear.

Top Bottom