• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

Defuser

Ok this is fucking pissing me off. I keep getting this game is currently unavailable(Application is running). Dark Souls won't even fucking run and is still in my processes.

Reinstall the game and it's won't work and I'm ain't gonna reinstall my steam because I already did that last night. God I just want to play the game.

Zzoram

Ok this is fucking pissing me off. I keep getting this game is currently unavailable(Application is running). Dark Souls won't even fucking run and is still in my processes.

Reinstall the game and it's won't work and I'm ain't gonna reinstall my steam because I already did that last night. God I just want to play the game.

Restart your computer?

patientx

Can someone post their keyboard layout, there are lots of things to do in the game and I don't own a gamepad but keyboard defaults are a mess... Also can we somehow attach some of the commands to other mouse keys ?

I got 6 Humanity sitting around. I'm afraid of losing them if I die twice. I just beat the Taurus Demon.

Is the bonfire at the start (near miracle teacher) the best one to kindle? Is there even any point to being human if I'd rather not engage in co-op/invasion?

Zzoram

I got 6 Humanity sitting around. I'm afraid of losing them if I die twice. I just beat the Taurus Demon.

Is the bonfire at the start (near miracle teacher) the best one to kindle? Is there even any point to being human if I'd rather not engage in co-op/invasion?

You have to be human to kindle a bonfire, and other than that it's for co-op and invasion and PvP. Kindle all the bonfires you can as much as you can as much as you can. Early in the game I think you can only kindle them to +10 Estus but later on you can do more, I forget what triggers that.

Regardless of being human, if you accumulate Humanity in your top left counter, you increase the drop rate of items from monsters and the damage of Chaos modified weapons.

Antagon

The one in the Burg, before the Taurus Demon is really good as well.

Rich!

Almost bought the boxed edition from Tesco earlier. £27.97. Kinda wish I had now.

Currently haven't got internet in our computer room though, and seeing that it's steampowered, wouldn't be able to install it. Doh.

Defuser

Update GFWL manually? Pre-2012 versions don't prompt you when a new version is out.

But I install GFWL when I install Dark Souls. It should be the latest. Right now Dark souls doesn't even show up on my GFWL full games nor still not starting up. FUCK THIS SHIT.

Zzoram

The tutorial message just before the ledge says press RB (light attack) to do a drop attack when falling for massive damage. That takes out half the boss HP. Then just stay behind the boss, hit his butt one hit at a time and keep moving to stay behind him.

Visceir

Can someone post their keyboard layout, there are lots of things to do in the game and I don't own a gamepad but keyboard defaults are a mess... Also can we somehow attach some of the commands to other mouse keys ?

Left mouse button is attack and right mouse button is heavy attack by default. Still using WASD to move and mouse to look around. I changed ESC to open menu and moved parry and block to E and Q. Space is still jump/roll and I think I have Y as my Action/Use key...I'm sure there is a better key for that. F is use item.

I just defeated the Gargoyles but still have no clue about loads of stuff going on in the game. I started out as a pyromancer but the only time I've used the flame attack was for the first boss :D

Finalow

Wait like 5 seconds each time so your friend has enough time to tell you if he saw it before you put another one and reset your lobby again.

Oh, and of course, the host has to be alive for this to work. Only living characters can summon, not zombie ones.
dude I knew how to do that, it never worked anyway. :p

legacyzero

Banned
I got Cursed and decided to call it a night. :(
I suppose it's my own fault though. I'm still in the Undead Burg trying to kill that knight at the bottom of the stair case, just because I HATE HIS FUCKING FACE.

Why am I so fixated on him? And every time I think I have him, he pulls out a miracle and kills me. Durante should mod Bish's Avatar on him. It'd be appropriate I think LOL

Zzoram

I died to the trash mobs on the way to the Undead Burg right after the tutorial.

I have over 200 hours in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls each. I blame getting used to the 360 controller because I played them on PS3 ;)

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I suppose it's my own fault though. I'm still in the Undead Burg trying to kill that knight at the bottom of the stair case, just because I HATE HIS FUCKING FACE.

haahaha sogood.jpg. Don't worry, I was obsessed with him too and ended up taking him out in a pretty cowardly/dishonorable way--and felt zero shame in doing so. In fact, it was goddamn glorious.

theta11

Why am I so fixated on him? And every time I think I have him, he pulls out a miracle and kills me. Durante should mod Bish's Avatar on him. It'd be appropriate I think LOL

Kite him up the stairs towards the boss fog. I've always found it eaiser to kill him there.

I prefer to kill the BKs a little later when I have more humanity to increase the chance they drop the BK weapons.

The Hermit

I can see why everyone loves this game... At first a monster wipes the floor with you, and after a few deaths and learning paterns, YOU wipe the floor with him.

Few games made me feel so good about myself.
I am playing this and God hand for the first time, having an incredible blast with both and I am glad I am dying in games again.

The tutorial message just before the ledge says press RB (light attack) to do a drop attack when falling for massive damage. That takes out half the boss HP. Then just stay behind the boss, hit his butt one hit at a time and keep moving to stay behind him.

Thanks that worked!

Tried fighting Ceaseless the same way that ENB did (up close and personal) right after I offed Quelaag. HOLY SHIT. You have to be damn near flawless, and you can't get greedy at all (well at least, not if your naked, weilding a Great Axe, and haven't upped your Vit at all).

legacyzero

Banned
I can see why everyone loves this game... At first a monster wipes the floor with you, and after a few deaths and learning paterns, YOU wipe the floor with him.

Few games made me feel so good about myself.
I am playing this and God hand for the first time, having an incredible blast with both and I am glad I am dying in games again.
Exactly why this game is so awesome.

Games are so streamlined and easy these days, that it's nice to have something that is the complete polar opposite from that.
Kite him up the stairs towards the boss fog. I've always found it eaiser to kill him there.

I prefer to kill the BKs a little later when I have more humanity to increase the chance they drop the BK weapons.

So that's what Humanity does? hmmm. I need to find a wiki on this shit or somethin.

Has the Ceaseless Discharge exploit been fixed?

I don't think so. Even if it is you can still hide in that walled off area and bait his attacks.

So that's what Humanity does? hmmm. I need to find a wiki on this shit or somethin.

Humanity ups the drop rate, and raises your immunity to things like toxic, poison, and curse. Also there are a few weapons that scale with it.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
the xbox controller sucks for this game especially without the ability to remap the controller.

Hypron

I've never been able to make that work. Why is that normal and intended?

In order to make it work, you need to first run to the area where you wake up the ceaseless discharge and the run back to the entrance. The ceaseless discharge will jump at you and will only hang by its hand, which you just have to hit until it lets go and fall down. It's not an exploit because it even has animations, you can see the ceaseless discharge jumping at you, that's definitely not a bug.

Eusis

Shit, I think they may've plugged up the good grinding spot in Anor Londo, the two guys who appear after
you kill Gwynevere, if you choose to do so. They're not respawning for me even after warping out of Anor Londo. Should've just left her alive to grind the giants for Titanite Chunks instead.

I'm thinking of doing a dex build with the iaito sword. How high should I get my dex? I believe it's up to 40 you get the most for each point invested, 40-50 there's a steep decrease on return on investment and anything higher is useless?

Also, for a +15 Iaito, at what point will it surpass the lightning + 5 variant? Is there a good resource for builds. I haven't found one.

Igo

Will the bridge wyvern return after he flies off? I think I fucked up by crossing the bridge before shooting his tail off for the Drake sword, and now he's fucked off who knows where. I think I still hear him breathing from the bridge, but there's no sign of him. I really want that sword.

Zzoram

Steam stats past 24 hours
Current Peak
9,098 10,319 Dark Souls

Not bad. Doesn't look like it's a massive seller but it sold strongly.

Sullichin

The one where he just falls over and dies

it's still in the game, did it yesterday.

Will the bridge wyvern return after he flies off? I think I fucked up by crossing the bridge before shooting his tail off for the Drake sword, and now he's fucked off who knows where. I think I still hear him breathing from the bridge, but there's no sign of him. I really want that sword.

Screw that sword.

The one where he just falls over and dies

Hmmm... it looks like they fixed the other exploit I was talking about, so I wouldn't be surprised if they fixed that too. His attack now passes through the ground, and he attacks multiple times.

Edit: Now, it's working. What the hell is going on with this game?

Top Bottom