• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

mxgt

Banned
The Depths ain't shit compared to
Tomb of the Giants

I can't wait to read the posts from people going through for the first time

Hoo-doo

Banned
Fuck it, i'm buying this game from GMG. First time i've double-dipped on a game ever.

All thanks to Durante. This eyecandy is impossible to resist.

psy18

The intermittent input lags seems to happen more often compared to PS3.
Mostly happens when there's a lot of stuff going on at the screen.

Or maybe I need to upgrade/play without mods.

The program finds all saves on your pc you just have to tag the ones you want to backup

Oh, I didn't know it did it automatically like that. I figured I would have to navigate to where they are. Thanks!

I just remember someone talking about a different GFWL game and how it had two different folders with files that needed backed up and GSM didn't backup the second one. I was just curious if Dark Souls was like that.

MedIC86

Fuck it, i'm buying this game from GMG. First time i've double-dipped on a game ever.

All thanks to Durante. This eyecandy is impossible to resist.

Its still a great game second time around ;)

altho ive noticed how much 'easier' the game is if you beaten it before.

Dizzy-4U

Oh man, I got this sweet sword...I'm one-hitting so many enemies now.

Anyways, what is that orange beam sometimes my character does? I think it gives me an additional flask but I don't know what's triggering it.

Shinjica

Oh man, I got this sweet sword...I'm one-hitting so many enemies now.

Anyways, what is that orange beam sometimes my character does? I think it gives me an additional flask but I don't know what's triggering it.

happen when someone augment the bonfire, you gain +1 flask

Havel done. Now to roll everywhere.
2012-08-25_000052cueh.jpg

Just to let the thread newcomers/onlookers I've added the Green Man Gaming code to second post. 20% off which should bring it down to $32. Remember if you are having PayPal issues it may be because your PayPal account is not verified.

Damn being a weekend working stiff. I'm tired of it, just want to go to The depths. I forgot how much I simply love Lodran.

derwalde

was invaded by a guy in full havel. backstabbed him 3 times with my claymore+5 but he refused to die. then he backstabbed me 1 time with his havel weapon and im insta dead. fun times ;_;

btw anybody else rocking knights of the sun?

Wow, I just discovered the
shortcut to the Firelink after making two trips back to the temple, from the bonfire on the right.
This game is great.

That's THE clicking point in the game. Tons of people have said the same thing. If every person who gave up on the game had just made it that far, they would have stayed with it.....

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
Does anybody have problems with the summon system? i rarely see summon signs and if I do, the summoning often fails.

Midou

It makes me so giddy to see new and players find stuff out or triumph over a struggle. This doesn't happen with me for any other game. Anyone having a hard time, you will get into the groove of the game. I remember even after beating some bosses 5 times, with certain builds I had to rethink my strategies several times.

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
im summoned myself often, but summoning other people tends to fail al lot.

That's exactly what happens to me. Being summoned only takes a couple minutes, but summoning other people seems impossible for me later in the game. I'm currently waiting in the Painted World of Ariamis to get a few signs, but after 20minutes I guess there is something wrong.

la_briola

Don't use imgur to show off your screenshots btw it severly compresses the image.

Use i.minus, abload, imageshack, etc

I don't even know how you can even play this game on consoles after seeing the performance and fidelity of the pc version.

...and I do my screenshots with steam, which compresses them too. :lol

Mafro

Does anybody have problems with the summon system? i rarely see summon signs and if I do, the summoning often fails.
Same here, summoning people fails more often than not. I had the same problems in the console version. It's a real shame the online isn't as good as Demon's Souls.

Dascu

So I tried GameSaveManager to back up my saves, but Dark Souls isn't showing up on the list of found save game files. Is it part of the Live profile?

Same here, summoning people fails more often than not. I had the same problems in the console version. It's a real shame the online isn't as good as Demon's Souls.

I'm sure you know this, but it's because Dark Souls is implemented as P2P and Demon's Souls was server-based.

Zzoram

Why. Why can't I bring myself to run away from the Asylum Demon.

I broke my broken sword trying to beat him with my Pyromancer. I got him down to 10%...

I can do it. I must do it.

I've seen people beat the Asylum Demon with just their bare fists doing 1 dmg per hit.

yes, and that's the problem of "can't play co-op with friends" too. It kinda sucks.

Just repeatedly put down your summon sign in an odd place until your friend sees it (meaning you ended up in the same lobby) and you're set.

I'm a fucking genius. Just beaten
Moonlight butterfly or however is named in english
and felt down the tower. Now I have to go through the forest dodging those stone fuckers because they seize me in two strikes.

Zzoram

That could be because the person you are trying to summon walked out of range of you before you finished summoning them.

I tried but it didn't work a single time. guess I wasn't lucky.

Wait like 5 seconds each time so your friend has enough time to tell you if he saw it before you put another one and reset your lobby again.

Oh, and of course, the host has to be alive for this to work. Only living characters can summon, not zombie ones.

Wanny

Anyone else not getting much online interactions? I barely see any summon signs on the ground and never got invaded once, was almost human form the whole time...

FtHTiny

Anyone else not getting much online interactions? I barely see any summon signs on the ground and never got invaded once, was almost human form the whole time...

Most of the players will go to the new content instead of invading is my guess. Was doing painted worlds 1 hour ago and got invaded by the same guy twice.
But yeah, the getting invaded at all time factor is not really here at this time.

Fuck you guys having fun and all. I guess I'll buy it and play it when my parts arrive. Fuck :(

Edit: Where did you fellow Yuropeans buy it? GMG with the code?

What is the deal with the co-op arena? Was I hallucinating the video I saw a week ago demonstrating it? If it does exist, has anyone tried that to co-op with?

Midou

What... These KB/M controls are awful.

Why can't I remap attacks to the mouse buttons, wtf?

Yes, don't even try. If you don't have a gamepad, basically fucked.

Using a gamepad and the dsfix basically fixes everything technically wrong with the port, but if you don't have those, it's pretty bad.

Top Bottom