• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

Stimpy

I read in the thread earlier people talking about someone having unlimited HP is this a problem online also? I enjoyed helping people and dispatching invaders on the console version but if I'm going to have to deal with people invading me with hacked items and things I may give it a miss.

Razek

Banned
Haha, I was disappointed the first time I played because I thought you could only pick the faces in the list. They don't let you select the 'customize' button with the controller! Now I'm happy I restarted, I hated my characters butterface.

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
Holy crap, those
Four Kings bosses
in New Londo Ruins
are actually FIVE!
. I am so frustrated right now since I can't reclaim my dead body. This was actually the first time I had a huge loss of souls and humanity. I don't see any way to defeat them at my current SL.

Now I really don't know what to do, I tried the Tombs, but
the reviving skeletons are driving me nuts.

Is there any place I've missed? The last stage I completed was the Darkroot Garden.

legacyzero

Banned
easiest boss in the game by far.

oh, and after killing him, and getting a great weapon (crystal sword) I decided to make a trip back to that Knight at the bottom of the dead end stair case in the Undead Burg.

Justice. Sweet sweet JUSTICE. I was happy to see that fucker turn do DUST.

Stimpy

Holy crap, those
Four Kings bosses
in New Londo Ruins
are actually FIVE!
. I am so frustrated right now since I can't reclaim my dead body. This was actually the first time I had a huge loss of souls and humanity. I don't see any way to defeat them at my current SL.

Is there any place I've missed? The last stage I completed was the Darkroot Garden.

Dealing with skeletons...

Grab yourself a divine weapon and the skeletons won't revive.

Sullichin

Holy crap, those
Four Kings bosses
in New Londo Ruins
are actually FIVE!

Did you do Anor Londo?

hodgy100

hey guy. I've installed this on my home pc (played it on my work pc previously)
and the game crashes when starting the game, the windows appears but then instantly crash's. This is the vanilla game no mods at all :(

i just wanna play dark souls :(

Zaventem

Holy crap, those
Four Kings bosses
in New Londo Ruins
are actually FIVE!

4kings spawn rate is based on a timer.If they're spawning rapidly on you it means you're killing to slow.Use a high poise armor so you won't get staggered and a high attack weapon and go all out attacking.Green Blossom that the merchant sells in sens regens your stamina very fast and can help with this fight.

did you clear dukes archives yet? you could try there

and the game crashes when starting the game, the windows appears but then instantly crash's. This is the vanilla game no mods at all :(

Crashes or freezes? The freezing is normal you just got to wait.

hodgy100

Crashes or freezes? The freezing is normal you just got to wait.

No i get a full on crash.

This to be exact:

Untitled.jpg

Suprise Suprise. It looks like it may be a GFWL issue.
I'll try re-installing it

SparkTR

Try reinstalling GFWL, latest version.

Razek

Banned
Quick question: What do the Pendant and Old Witch's Ring gifts do? Does something special happen if you pick no gift?

Nevermind, I'm just gonna pick one.

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I've finished Anor Londo before the Garden.

Regarding the skeletons:
I didn't know that, thanks I'll try it out.

Zaventem said:
4kings spawn rate is based on a timer.If they're spawning rapidly on you it means you're killing to slow.Use a high poise armor so you won't get staggered and a high attack weapon and go all out attacking.Green Blossom that the merchant sells in sens regens your stamina very fast and can help with this fight.

did you clear dukes archives yet? you could try there

I'm currently wielding a +4 Lightning Spear and so far bosses were a breeze with it, but for this one it doesn't seem to work well. I guess I need to craft a new weapon first.

No, I wasn't in Dukes archives, where do I find the entrance?

UrbanRats

oh, and after killing him, and getting a great weapon (crystal sword) I decided to make a trip back to that Knight at the bottom of the dead end stair case in the Undead Burg.

Justice. Sweet sweet JUSTICE. I was happy to see that fucker turn do DUST.

I know that feeling.

Am I supposed to go to
Blighttown
? I killed the
Gaping Dragon
(it took about 25 minutes =/) and went to
Blighttown
, but I'm hardly able to damage
those fat enemies with the clubs
. I had to rely on running back up the ladder and letting them fall off the ledge to kill them, just to get passed the first three of them. I left that area and went back to the
graveyard
and the
skeletons
were way easier to kill this time than when I first encountered them; even the large ones. So
should I try the Catacombs
?

Also, did anyone else jump after crawling down that ladder and seeing
that giant rat just sitting there staring at you?

So I want get this for my birthday in Sept. but I'm worried about hackers and cheaters which will increase even more by then. What's the status of the game online? I know for a fact GFWL is shit at detecting cheaters and the game is not moderated by anyone to kick and ban them.

Fistwell

Entrance to that area is:
in anor londo, coming out of the room with the first bonfire, go left, enter building with the two giants at the end, then exit right. From there, keep going.

Am I supposed to go to
Blighttown
?
You'll need to go through there to progress at some point.

I'm hardly able to damage
those fat enemies with the clubs
Stab em in the ass with something pointy.

So
should I try the Catacombs
?
That's not necessarily the next logical step, but hey, go for it, it's a fun place
TO DIE!!!!

Also, did anyone else jump after crawling down that ladder and seeing
that giant rat just sitting there staring at you?
KILL IT KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!1

Zzoram

So I want get this for my birthday in Sept. but I'm worried about hackers and cheaters which will increase even more by then. What's the status of the game online? I know for a fact GFWL is shit at detecting cheaters and the game is not moderated by anyone to kick and ban them.

I don't think cheating will increase, if anything, those people will get bored of the game and leave. The hardcore fans won't cheat, but they will be very skilled.

Most of the game you typically don't play with anyone anyways so it doesn't matter much. When you take human form you can summon allies or be invaded, but that doesn't happen that often and I'm sure you won't encounter many hackers. Even if you do, they can't do anything but kill you, and you'll be dying so much anyways that it won't even matter.

hodgy100

Ok I verified my cache an it downloaded a 700 byte file, also re-installed the latest version of GFWL.

the game just showed a black screen for a little longer before crashing :(

did some research and it seems to be a GFWL on windows 8 issue :/

Zaventem

I'm currently wielding a +4 Lightning Spear and so far bosses were a breeze with it, but for this one it doesn't seem to work well. I guess I need to craft a new weapon first.

If you've already finished AL
Teleport back to Anor Londo and go left.You'll see 2 giants and a chest, bypass them and take the path to your right the only path there.You'll come across another giant.Kill or/run pass it and you'll see an entrance leading to dukes archives

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
Entrance to that area is:
in anor londo, coming out of the room with the first bonfire, go left, enter building with the two giants at the end, then exit right. From there, keep going.

I somehow missed that path, thanks. I think I'll give it a try.

Serra

17h played (goddamn) so far. I have been quite thorough, searching every nook and cranny. Maybe 2-3 hours of those have been AFK or alt-tabbed out.

Just got past the
goddamn archers in Anor Londo
and have already done
Painted World of Ariamis (Priscilla was a great fight if a bit easy) and Darkroot Garden

I actually kept track of my deaths. Format is how many times and what I died to. Boss names spoilered. If I killed the boss on the first time he isn't listed, duh.
1x invasion in Undead Parish. (player, not
Kirk
)
8x fall/knocked down a cliff
23x normal enemies
11x various "minibosses" (non respawning enemies)
2x
Taurus Demon
2x
Gaping Dragon
4x
Stray Demon
1x
Quelaag

NBtoaster

I'm at 25 hours played. I think I'll stop myself from playing for a day or two, dont want to completely burn myself out like I did with Skyrim..

Zzoram

WTF?!

Some black crab shot a huge number of spikes at me then jumped at me. I've never seen this before. What was this enemy? It was in the cathedral with the bell tower.

Sullichin

WTF?!

Some black crab shot a huge number of spikes at me then jumped at me. I've never seen this before. What was this enemy? It was in the cathedral with the bell tower.

That's a vagrant, a really rare enemy that appears when people die in another world and lose a lot of humanity (exact conditions for them appearing unknown)

Serra

WTF?!

I had the same thing happen when I fought the tower knight the first time. Pretty sure I never saw that crab in the console version.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What did I just do...

y8H1Q.png

Goredrinker

Neo Member
Need some help with the (wired) Xbox 360 controller.

How do I get it to work in game? So far the only button that does anything is the 'xbox' button which brings up the xbox live panel (ie. works). Nothing else does anything.

So far i've removed the usb hub i had and directly connected everything to the back of the pc. The xbox controller does show up in the control panel.

Any ideas?

Need some help with the (wired) Xbox 360 controller.

How do I get it to work in game? So far the only button that does anything is the 'xbox' button which brings up the xbox live panel (ie. works). Nothing else does anything.

So far i've removed the usb hub i had and directly connected everything to the back of the pc. The xbox controller does show up in the control panel.

Any ideas?

Make sure you turn it on BEFORE you start the game. This is a common thing with many PC games with controller support.

WTF?!

congrats, you came across an extremely rare enemy. supposedly they pop out where someone lost a large number of souls/humanity

bomer

Anyone onto the DLC content? I faced "the knight" once but now when I try go back the elevator is already down as was the first one I encountered. Standing on the stone in front of them does nothing?

Is anyone having any success with summoning? I'm forwarding all the ports and still having no luck.

Yeah it's just rare. It seems a lot of players are not patient and leave the immediate area causing the summons to drop.

I failed my first dozen or so and thought there was a problem but then one worked.

Goredrinker

Neo Member
Make sure you turn it on BEFORE you start the game. This is a common thing with many PC games with controller support.

It's definitely in before I start the game. The weird thing is that the only button that works is the "xbox' button which brings up the menu. And i need to use the keyboard to navigate then :)

Top Bottom