• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition - Announcement Trailer | Releases on PlayStation 5 & Xbox Series X|S on October 15th

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
The war between Heaven and Hell continues on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S on October 15th!

Become the terrifying force which everything fears but nothing can escape. Awakened by the End of Days, Death, the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen embarks on a quest to redeem his brother's name. Along the way, the Horseman discovers that an ancient grudge may threaten all of Creation. Death lives!

More deets via Gematsu:

THQ Nordic will release Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series on October 15 for $29.99 / €29.99, the publisher announced. Users who already own the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One version of Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition will receive the PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series versions as a free upgrade.

Users who pre-order Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition for PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series by October 14 will receive the game at a 50 percent-off discount price of $15 / €15.

Even more info through the official PR:

This upgraded edition of the beloved action-adventure brings 4K resolution, ray tracing, and enhanced lighting and shadows to harness the power of today’s consoles. If you’re playing on PlayStation 5 with a DualSense controller, you’ll also get to experience the full impact of haptic feedback, adding extra depth and immersion to every strike as Death. The game’s loading times have been drastically improved thanks to SSD technology, ensuring a smoother experience overall.

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Probably my favourite Darksiders game. I hope there's an upgrade path for the PS4 version and you don't have to rebuy it.
I've been looking through the posts (and replies) on their official Twitter account, but there's no mention if there will be an upgrade (free or otherwise) for PS4/XBO owners of the game.

Josemayuste

Robin Williams What Year Is It GIF

SkylineRKR

I don't know what THQ Nordic is doing but they seem to be on a remaster spree. I also saw an Epic Mickey demo popping up.

so what's special about this? Any graphic upgrades or anything?

Trailer implies 60fps. The previous remaster of DS2 also called Deathinitive Edition wasn't 60fps on PS4 and Xbox. It should've had an upgrade for those versions, it seems to be the same release otherwise.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Free upgrade and its using the haptics, 4K

Im in. Maybe Ill finally finish it this time. The music alone is worth the trip.

Also if they're taking the time to update this, fingers crossed they give Darksiders 3 the proper touch up treatment.

Last edited:

Lokaum D+

i ll be mad if there is no PS5 upgrade from PS4 version

EDIT: No 60fps mentioned

"Note: If you already own Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition on PlayStation 4, you will receive a free upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version when the game launches on October 15th, 2024.

This upgraded edition of the beloved action-adventure brings 4K resolution, ray tracing, and enhanced lighting and shadows to harness the power of today’s consoles. If you’re playing on PlayStation 5 with a DualSense controller, you’ll also get to experience the full impact of haptic feedback, adding extra depth and immersion to every strike as Death. The game’s loading times have been drastically improved thanks to SSD technology, ensuring a smoother experience overall."

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
Someone told me the Darksiders games were like a modern version of the Legacy of Kain series. Couldn't wait to try them and bought all three on PC.

I was so disappointed.

ungalo

Those games were re-released so many times already. I really like Darksiders 1 and 2 (even enjoyed 3 to a lesser extent) but i don't care one bit.

Funny but i was about to write that we want 4, i completely forgot that we got a teaser for it. Hope it's a higher production than 3.

Last edited:

Kadve

Someone told me the Darksiders games were like a modern version of the Legacy of Kain series. Couldn't wait to try them and bought all three on PC.

I was so disappointed.
Yea that's very much not true. The first is basically Zelda meets God Of War with a 90s comic book wrapper. And the second is that alongside Prince of Persia and some kind of RPG (Haven't played the third yet)

Alpha Male

Surely they wouldn't show 60 fps in this trailer only for the game to be still stuck at 30fps? Hopefully this gets cleared up soon.

Last edited:

Radical_3d

Is there a Darksiders 1 remaster or this is like: “you wanna hear the second part of the story?” “What story?” “So, after War was falsely accused…”

larrybrady

Neo Member
I bought this definitive version years ago for PS4 thinking it was 60fps,,,found out it was only 30fps(unless i got that wrong)?,and never booted it up because of that.. that would be terrible if this got upgraded to the PS5 and still not patched to 60.

bundylove

And to think we have several threads pissing on pro when clearly the devs are not giving a shit .
Darksiders 2 remaster? Realy?

Whats next all the call.of duty remasters?

And you are upset when all you see on the pro is better image quality and nothing more?

Who do you think is to blame?

kevboard

Is this as good as the first one? the first one was a masterpiece, loved that game.

they jumped on the looter trend set by Borderlands at the time. so they added RPG elements that weren't really needed and which added annoying inventory management.

if you can look past that it's still really good. it still has Zelda like dungeons, and it has really good combat.

they did simplify the platforming however. like you can only grab onto specifically marked ledges now, unlike in the first game where most ledges that made logical sense could be grabbed onto... stuff like that. it makes the platforming and climbing feel more rigid and less natural

Last edited:
Top Bottom