• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DARKSIDERS |OT| More like Zelda than God of War

Neuromancer said:
A new Darkstalkers game?
Darksiders? Yeah, wasn't the announcement in this thread as well? I basically meant that whenever it's bumped I thought it was with news of the sequel.

But yeah, it's been confirmed, as far as I recall.

Edit: couldn't find the announcement in this thread, but here it is from 1UP: http://www.1up.com/news/e3-2010-darksiders-2-confirmed
1UP article said:
CVG reports that a sequel to Darksiders was confirmed last night at a THQ analyst meeting. "Darksiders 2 is coming," said Core Games VP Danny Bilson. "We've green lit that. It's well into production now, it's out two years from now."

FunkyPajamas said:
Darksiders? Yeah, wasn't the announcement in this thread as well? I basically meant that whenever it's bumped I thought it was with news of the sequel.

But yeah, it's been confirmed, as far as I recall.

Edit: couldn't find the announcement in this thread, but here it is from 1UP: http://www.1up.com/news/e3-2010-darksiders-2-confirmed
Yeah I know but why did Sagitario bring it up, is what I was trying to figure out.

Neuromancer said:
Yeah I know but why did Sagitario bring it up, is what I was trying to figure out.
Oh, sorry, it's probably because on the previous page Kurtofan said
Kurtofan said:
Love that game,but everytime this thread gets bumped I think a new Darkstalkers game is being made :(
And I read "darksiders" instead of "darkstalkers" :lol so I said "same here", and then Sagitario said
Sagitario said:
A new game is being made.
But my guess is that he meant a new Darksiders as well. :lol

Sorry!

:lol:lol This is like the new version of the Capcom/Konami meme. Sorry for the confusion!

FunkyPajamas said:
Oh, sorry, it's probably because on the previous page Kurtofan said

And I read "darksiders" instead of "darkstalkers" :lol so I said "same here", and then Sagitario said

But my guess is that he meant a new Darksiders as well. :lol

Sorry!

:lol:lol This is like the new version of the Capcom/Konami meme. Sorry for the confusion!
I'm even more confused now, thanks a lot :lol

hdn

Vigil Games Dev
Hi all,

PC reviews are starting to emerge, I've already had confirmation of some awards and great scores. One thing is constant from what I've heard, and that's the reviews think its a great, solid port, for those who are unsure about it.

I only know of a German review thats actually out to read...so get on the translator! One specific quote is

"You rarely find a gem like this on PC. Don´t miss it!”

http://www.eurogamer.de/articles/2010-09-17-darksiders-test

HDN

hdn said:
HDN, I'm guessing DLC is out of the question by now, so when are we getting news of the sequel? E3 2011 is sooooooooo far away! couldn't you guys give us a teaser or something before the end of the year? pretty please? :D

Ledsen

hdn said:
Hi all,

PC reviews are starting to emerge, I've already had confirmation of some awards and great scores. One thing is constant from what I've heard, and that's the reviews think its a great, solid port, for those who are unsure about it.

I only know of a German review thats actually out to read...so get on the translator! One specific quote is

"You rarely find a gem like this on PC. Don´t miss it!”

http://www.eurogamer.de/articles/2010-09-17-darksiders-test

HDN

You worked on Darksiders? Great job man, you guys are worth every bit of praise :D

hdn

Vigil Games Dev
cwmartin said:
I love that your post reads like an email. :)

Funny you should say that, as the actual Quote was took straight from an internal Vigil email from earlier today :)

FunkyPajamas
Sorry dude, no snippets right now, but just be happy in the knowledge that it kills us too that we can't gush about the sequel at any length either lol.

Ledsen
Thank you, we're proud of what Vigil did for its first game, more importantly, we were really happy with how gamers took to it, and appreciated that we loved the same sorts of games they grew up with.

hdn

Vigil Games Dev
FLEABttn said:
Was the PC port done internally at Vigil or farmed out?

It was all done internally, and it's the most solid version of the game to date. We spent way more time than we'd originally planned to, but I think the results are worth it.

Morbid Angel
YEAH! that's one sale and counting ;)

hdn said:
Funny you should say that, as the actual Quote was took straight from an internal Vigil email from earlier today :)

FunkyPajamas
Sorry dude, no snippets right now, but just be happy in the knowledge that it kills us too that we can't gush about the sequel at any length either lol.

Ledsen
Thank you, we're proud of what Vigil did for its first game, more importantly, we were really happy with how gamers took to it, and appreciated that we loved the same sorts of games they grew up with.
:) Thank you, I know it was a long shot, but just knowing that the sequel is coming is enough to make me happy for a while. I will return, however :lol

Congrats on the game and the sales, I read it did pretty good, hope you guys are happy with it. Please, PLEASE be smart about the sequel: release date, marketing, gameplay, story, characters, everything. Please don't screw it up :D

I'm glad the game did so well. I for one, looved it! Even went through and got all the trophies. Except for the flying/shoot enemies one. I saw some videos of how the game together, and it really seemed like a big risk. But hard work was rewarded. Good job Vigil!

GWX

It's a shame that the PC doesn't have proper graphics options: the Eurogamer.de review mention that you can only modify the resolution and turn on or off V-Sync. Also, that propably means no AA support (at least not native, maybe it works if forcing).

:(

Well, at least it mentions that it's a solid port, so I'm still interested.

Volcynika

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Are all PC versions automatically hellbook edition or whatever?

Yeah I missed the details on this, but I was only seeing this from EU retailers? I couldn't find it on US retailers at all or even mentioned. It would suck if it was EU only :/

Volcynika said:
Yeah I missed the details on this, but I was only seeing this from EU retailers? I couldn't find it on US retailers at all or even mentioned. It would suck if it was EU only :/

Ya, it's EU only now that I remember what it is. It's bullshit. :/ I'll wait for a price drop.

Volcynika

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Ya, it's EU only now that I remember what it is. It's bullshit. :/ I'll wait for a price drop.

Yeah, I'm still getting it, but it really sucks that it is basically "Hey PC people, since you had to wait so long here's a special edition just for you.....Europeans. "

:/

Volcynika said:
Yeah, I'm still getting it, but it really sucks that it is basically "Hey PC people, since you had to wait so long here's a special edition just for you.....Europeans. "

Ya, I'm going to wait until it hits $30 since I'm happier with that price since there's no LE for us.

Ceebs

Volcynika said:

If you really want it, you can often import retail PC games for less than they sell for here if you catch a good release week sale.

Ledsen

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:

Volcynika said:

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Ya, I'm going to wait until it hits $30 since I'm happier with that price since there's no LE for us.

Welcome to our world since the NES. At least you're getting the game.

Volcynika

Ledsen said:
Welcome to our world since the NES. At least you're getting the game.

Sorry, I'll have to remember to not express disappointment over missing out on a special edition not being available in my region that was made to make up for the wait. Please. I'm still getting the game but I can still be bummed out over this.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I just
forged the Armageddon Blade
, so I guess I'm really close to the end. I loved this game.
Zelda and Soul Reaver are two of my favorite franchises ever, and I'm glad Darksiders took a lot of inspiration from both.
We need more games like this.

What I'm hoping to see in the sequel:
- More cool abilities and equipment, but I guess that's obviously going to happen.
- Less grinding for souls and experience. Really, it's the only thing I'm hating and I'm not sure I'll have the patience to bother. The fact I wasted most experience points
with the sword, when you get an already maxed-up one in the end
pissed me off quite a lot.
Scythe and glove
could have required less experience to level up, and Vulgrim's stuff could have been much cheaper. Or there could have been more enemies around, at least in a couple of spots specifically designed to level up/get many souls.

Anyway, Darksiders 2 will be a definite day one purchase for me.

Ricker

DieH@rd said:
Darksiders 2 will be released in 2012.

[THQ's estimate at some sales finalncial conference call thingy]

Can`t wait...Darksiders is still in my top 5 games of the year so far...

Ledsen

Volcynika said:
Sorry, I'll have to remember to not express disappointment over missing out on a special edition not being available in my region that was made to make up for the wait. Please. I'm still getting the game but I can still be bummed out over this.

Don't worry, I'm just being bitter about how crappy we Europeans have had it until this generation, it's nothing personal :D

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Completely forgot this was coming out.

But, school has started, so I'm going to skip out (Holiday sale!). Really wish they released it during the summer.

jonabbey

I finally finished this game. I started playing back when it came out, but it's been a busy year.

A great experience start to finish, with an ending leaving me desperately wanting the sequel.

Very well done, hdn et al.. wow.

jonabbey

The only complaint I have is that I wish there was some way to watch the cinematics again without having to play through the entire thing again.. or at least the last boss fight again to see the ending cinematic
the other horseman flying across the sky.. wow!

Just wanted to echo the sentiments of the majority of posters here, great game. Really enjoyable from start to finish. The inevitable sequel is definitely a day one purchase now.

While THQ are a bunch of dicks (long story), this game is righteous.
I actually 1000/1000 the 360 version and finally decided to grab the ps3 version to replay during the recent gamefly sale. I'm excited. :D

NewFresh

Fianlly finished it last week. Loved the gameplay and story but was pretty dissapointed with the final Boss fight and the ending
They left it really open like a bad setup for a sequel, I liked seeing the horseman but I felt Meh on how it ended.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw that the sequel was confirmed. Awesome news, I loved the first one!

mm04

Shit, it's available for download already. I was trying to figure out which one to pre-order for the freebies. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be worth the $40 on its own merits.

Top Bottom