• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dawn of War demo is out! Out is Dawn of War demo!

Zaptruder

Banned
Badabing said:
Hotdamn, thanks for the info evilore. This game almost has as much backstory as Warcraft.

almost?

This universe is absolutely huge and sprawling. They're few other works of fiction that compare to it in scope.

A pretty successful company bases it's livelihood on this universe... and it's done so by providing tomes upon tomes of fictional information to it's legions of hardcore fans.

Warcraft universe compared to the WH40k universe is like a tomato vs a wall.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Yeah, I figured I was being a little fuzzy on the Primarchs and the Horus Heresy, heh. As far as the emperor's backstory, I found a link confirming the timeline:

http://www.criticalhit.co.uk/cgi-bin/wh40ktl.cgi?all

Emperor's born in M -8, and Warhammer 40k of course takes place in M 41. So yeah, born 10k years ago and lives for the next 50k years or so.

The Warhammer 40k fluff is pretty well realized. I'm just getting into the tabletop game, so I mostly know about the faction I chose, and I'm trying to pick things up from there.

Top Bottom