• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DAYTONA USA |OT| This is your crew chief. You're in a rolling start...

bumpkin

arit said:
And it is online, 225MB found via search.
Nice!

I was really hoping they'd have a demo up but I don't see one. I'm planning to get the game on 360 tomorrow, but would have liked to get a taste tonight while I waited. Still, I find I'm oddly tempted to double-dip and just buy it on PS3 too.

Temptation growing...

Looks like there is a rewind feature of some kind. Not investigated yet.

Extra Modes:
Challenge
Karaoke
Time Trial
Survival

Arcade Options
Difficulty
Time Limit
Mirror Mode Yes/No
Laps
Grip Loss On/Off (greyed out atm)

Transmission selection is on face buttons and/or L1/R1 and is customisable.

Music Vol
SFX Vol
Camera default
Radar Range
Map Size
BGM Type! (Original, Arrange)

Trojan X

Banned
KennyLinder said:
It's fucking PERFECT!
60FPS

Amazing.

My favourite game of all time is here in the home, finally. Beautiful.

IT STARTED?!!?! US ONLY??!!!! TELL US EVERYTHING AS MANY OF US ARE STUCK IN EURO LAND!

Trojan X

Banned
KennyLinder said:

Extra Modes:
Challenge
Karaoke
Time Trial
Survival

Arcade Options
Difficulty
Time Limit
Mirror Mode Yes/No
Laps

Music Vol
SFX Vol
Camera default
Radar Range
Map Size

If true, I'd have to say that putting a REWIND button in a game like this is a bad bad BAD idea!

Tomasooie

Trojan X said:
If true, I'd have to say that putting a REWIND button in a game like this is a bad bad BAD idea!
It's probably just for practicing turns. I doubt it'd let you upload to the leaderboards. It's not a bad idea at all.

And the Saturn soundtrack is in? YES

KennyLinder said:

Extra Modes:
Challenge
Karaoke
Time Trial
Survival

Arcade Options
Difficulty
Time Limit
Mirror Mode Yes/No
Laps

Music Vol
SFX Vol
Camera default
Radar Range
Map Size

IT BEGINS.

Trojan X said:
Oh? Explain dude. Saturn sound for Dinosaur Canyon and Expert stage only? Please say not as the default for 777 Speedway.

BGM seems to be 'arrange' and 'original', I guess original is the arcade OST, no idea what the arrange OST is?? Interesting.....

There is no sensitivity options. It CAN be a tiny bit twitchy if you slam the stick left to right but its NOTHING like the Dreamcast version which spun you off the track. It's really fucking nice and very very smooth left to right steering, its dreamy :)

Perfect 60, no pop up apart from the complex building in Seaside Street Galaxy.

You can even stop the spinning reel on 777. I actually got a trophy for it lol.

Back to it, but its good, REALLY GOOD.

Raudi

Trying to decide between PS3 vs XBOX version

Decision will be based on which platform works best with wheels (Fanatec GT2)

Looking for any feedback from Gaffers with Wheels!

Trojan X

Banned
KennyLinder said:
There is no sensitivity options. It CAN be twitchy if you slam the stick left to right but its NOTHING like the Dreamcast version which spun you off the track. It's really fucking nice.

Perfect 60, no pop up apart from the complex building in Seaside Street Galaxy.

You can even stop the spinning reel on 777. I actually got a trophy for it lol.

Back to it, but its good, REALLY GOOD.

I'm going crazy here and I don't even have the game!

OK, its time for you to tell us the REAL Daytona experience. Please, tell us about the multiplayer? Is it insane like the Arcade glory days? IT SHOULD BE!!

Trojan X

Banned
Multiplayer feedback, people? That the ultimate reason to play Daytona other than conquering each track to perfection.

KennyLinder said:
I got a $20 card from Bestbuys US site, they sell white coloured PSN cards which they email you the PSN code. I then bought it from the US store...
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+Co...9.p?id=1218267360139&skuId=1383039&st=network

Thanks for the feedback, dude. Looks like I would have to wait until it comes out over here on the Xbox. *sigh... I want to join the excitement with everyone else though but, oh well.

Give us your feedback when you play it. Funnily, my friends from SEGA Japan are waiting for my opinion.

arit

I hope six hours of sleep are enough today, why did they have to put it up so late(european time late)? No, shut down system, have to sleep...

No split-screen I can see.

Want to play and not type, but I am really VERY VERY happy with this. There is now finally a "perfect" home version of Daytona USA, it's absolutely spot on.

Just so much love here, amazing.

Right, back to the track....

SkylineRKR

Great, great... It feels and looks like the Model 2. Intro and everything is being kept as it should.

Its a little bit twitchy yes, but I just started to nail it. The game just takes some skill. Pumping out 17's on a structural basis at the Oval. Came in third on Arcade difficulty, which is the hardest in the game afaik and tried a time trial at the oval which ended in a 2:22 or so. Also went online, it played great but opponents warped a bit (I figure I'm playing people from over the atlantic).

This is it. The best port of Daytona ever. This is fucking it.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
only saw one game online, four players, no cpu cars, not sure what's default online.

Tomasooie

Trojan X said:
Oh? Explain dude. Saturn sound for Dinosaur Canyon and Expert stage only? Please say not as the default for 777 Speedway.
"Arrange" is what Sega called the redone soundtracks for their Saturn ports in the options menu (like on Virtua Fighter 2), so I assume that the Arrange BGM are the three redone course tracks from the Saturn port. It could be a new arrangement, though.

Trojan X

Banned
General Shank-a-snatch said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daytona_USA_(video_game)

Seems like a previous version had split screen.

Anyway, I remember playing it in an arcade with my mom when I was like 9, she'd win like every time. Just thought it would be nice to relive a nostalgic moment.

Yes, the previous home versions did have split screen but internet wasn't a big thing for consoles until the Dreamcast era, and even then not everyone went online due to high internet expenses.

Your mother use to beat you on Daytona...?! *my lips are sealed...

Fuck. This is so perfect, I am in awe or the awesome.

SEGA, give us fucking Sega Rally 1 and Virtua Racing NOW!

You did excellent versions for Japanese PS2, you can do it!! :)

So this is all a bunch of nostalgia in this thread? Cause surely the gameplay has been eclipsed since its glory days in the arcade, right? Honest question.

Teknoman

I dunno if I should grab on PS3 or wait a day for 360...

BigNastyCurve said:
So this is all a bunch of nostalgia in this thread? Cause surely the gameplay has been eclipsed since its glory days in the arcade, right? Honest question.

Its just a really fun racing game with a catchy soundtrack.

SkylineRKR

heh, those challenges are pretty cool. Think GT license stuff, but then fun. Did all Oval ones. Looking forward to the other courses' challenges.

Top Bottom