• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
I dunno, I'm not really counting on it. I think there'll be really awesome set pieces and iconic posing though. :p

If somehow he manages to tell a good story that feels satisfying and doesn't have crappy ass editing ruining the pace of the middle act, that'll be a huge win for everyone.

I hope so too. I just hope Chris Terrio has done a good job mitigating Snyder's shortcomings.

Simo

I'm sorry I'm having a hard time not laughing when thinking of WB actually believing that Jupiter Ascending and Pan would carry them for 2015. That just doesn't seem logical. Especially when Jupiter Ascending got dumped like a rock with zero marketing after they moved the date. Man, 2015 was really a wretched year for WB. Lol. :(

Well Jupiter was finished and locked something like 9 months before it was released. The problem was they did a couple of test screenings and the reaction was so horrible they had to bump it and send it to die. lol

I assume when they greenlit it... not when they realized what they had on their hands...

On the bright side, Creed and Mad Max were good spots for em!

And I guess San Andreas, no mega-hits to offset the mega bombs though

Great film, best of 2015 in fact, and was the best reviewed film of 2015 but financially it didn't do much for WB. The best outcome from that, if they can resolve their issues and get their shit together, is that Fury Road reinvigorated the Mad Max brand and a follow up could be better business but we'll see.

Wasn't Gadot on Kimmel tonight? Anything interesting or new clips?

Jesse Eisenberg was on The Tonight Show. They showed a clip of the Lex Luthor giving Superman the 'battle of the titans' speech. Jimmy Fallon said he watched the movie already and that it is a very loud movie.

Jesse Eisenberg was on The Tonight Show. They showed a clip of the Lex Luthor giving Superman the 'battle of the titans' speech. Jimmy Fallon said he watched the movie already and that it is a very loud movie.

Interesting...but eh. I'm part deaf anyway and almost every cinema seems overly loud AND im seeing this at the BFI Imax a week on saturday.

Also Hi Henry!

Is it a bad sign that there are no reviews yet? When do we expect them to drop?
It's pretty standard for big blockbusters to not allow reviews until a little before the movie has officially released. Star Wars didn't allow any reviews until the day before if I'm not mistaken. From what I understand the review embargo ends on the 22nd, so expect reviews then.

He probably cries himself to sleep what with all the bald jokes. Shame on you all.

strafer

SABvMNw.jpg

antovolk

FYI - embargo lift for reviews has been confirmed to be on Tuesday at 3pm PT.

WB basically want the reactions from fans and non-press attending either the premieres over the weekend or the IMAX fan shows on Monday to come out of the gate as the first legit reactions to the film, and not the critics/press.

Effect

The thing about the Kents is that they've been done similarly in both Smallville and Lois & Clark. In both those shows they were parents of Clark first and foremost. That's how they made their decisions when it came to him and tried to protect him. They weren't gung ho about him putting himself out there. They always wanted him to want to make the decisions he made and not do things because he felt he had or others wanted to. Their thought process was focused on the safety and happiness of Clark not the world.

Jonathan Kent in Smallville
dies as a result of protecting Clark
due to this. A spoiler for those that haven't watched the show but those that did should know what I'm talking about. It's no the same as Man of Steel but I think it's a similar thought process at play. I don't think they were a big part of the Superman cartoon so I don't remember how they were there.

IconGrist

The thing about the Kents is that they've been done similarly in both Smallville and Lois & Clark. In both those shows they were parents of Clark first and foremost. That's how they made their decisions when it came to him and tried to protect him. They weren't gung ho about him putting himself out there. They always wanted him to want to make the decisions he made and not do things because he felt he had or others wanted to. Their thought process was focused on the safety and happiness of Clark not the world.

Jonathan Kent in Smallville
dies as a result of protecting Clark
due to this. A spoiler for those that haven't watched the show but those that did should know what I'm talking about. It's no the same as Man of Steel but I think it's a similar thought process at play. I don't think they were a bit part of the Superman cartoon so I don't remember how they were there.

It was the same in the cartoon. They were moral support but their primary concern was that Clark did what made him happy. The MoS/BvS versions aren't really any different from any other incarnation outside of being a bit more direct and act more as realists as it pertains to "our" world. Hate, fear, xenophobia were not prominent themes in the past and when they get put front and center like they are in these movies you find the same Kents with more appropriate concerns for their son.

shingi70

Banned
Really excited for how much of the movie we haven't seen. Most of what we've seen revolve around the Smackdown in Gothan which i'm assuming is middle of the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom