• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
SDCC is Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, Justice League, and Lego Batman.

Non-DC there's Spider-Man reboot, Deadpool 2, Wolverine 3. Is Marvel skipping again?

duckroll

SDCC is Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, Justice League, and Lego Batman.

Non-DC there's Spider-Man reboot, Deadpool 2, Wolverine 3. Is Marvel skipping again?

Why would Justice League be at SDCC this year? Will they even have started shooting by then? Focusing on Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman seems more likely. Maybe they'll officially announce the solo Batman though.

Why would Justice League be at SDCC this year? Will they even have started shooting by then? Focusing on Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman seems more likely. Maybe they'll officially announce the solo Batman though.

They'll have probably started shooting by then, enough to put together a Con-only teaser or somesuch.

shingi70

Banned
I actually hope they have a Wonder Woman teaser trailer...after the end credits

I'm hoping the rumor of the Watchmen esque Montage for the end credits is a thing.

personally I want to see this done in live action.
joker1.gif

Justice League begins filming April 11. Suicide Squad began around that time and had a trailer for SDCC in July.

duckroll

Wait, Justice League is supposed to come out in November -next year-? Isn't that rather quick considering how long WB gave Snyder for BvS?

Dead

well not really...yet
Wait, Justice League is supposed to come out in November -next year-? Isn't that rather quick considering how long WB gave Snyder for BvS?
Depends

Pre-production for JL is presumably finished, the movie is most likely almost entirely cast, at this point it's just the Shoot and then Post. Between April and November 2017, that's 19 months. Doesn't seem that short.

Keep in mind Dawn of Justice has been complete since November, if not earlier. Plus Snyder being behind both movies, he's more than likely got a head start on planning stuff out too.

Penguin

Yeah, got to figure

BvS was delayed an entire year so they could better plot out their shared universe. Shooting took what... 7 months or so? Would go through the end of the year then give em the rest for post production.

Already cast all the major leads. Script has been written for a while.

Dead

well not really...yet
What was the main holdup for BvS though? They shot the movie forever ago. Why was post-production so long?
Would not be surprised if it went through dozens of in house screenings, combing over the movie to ensure it's of a certain quality

Gotta think that to WB, this is the most important movie to get "right" in years for them.

ryan299

Some people on twitter are talking about Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg photos being leaked on a foreign facebook page. Haven't seen anything though.

Would not be surprised if it went through dozens of in house screenings, combing over the movie to ensure it's of a certain quality

Gotta think that to WB, this is the most important movie to get "right" in years for them.

hopefully they did all that. snyder movies always look great but there's dialogue/performance issues in even the best of them like watchmen. i imagine all this retooling time they've had may have removed some of the awkward kinks.

they've given them a mad amount of time for this one.

What was the main holdup for BvS though? They shot the movie forever ago. Why was post-production so long?

I thought it was a simple delay in filming. There were rumors Ben broke his leg or something skiing. I think it was supposed to begin in March or April and it started mid-May. It was enough to push them past the July 2015 date with the lengthy shoot.

At least that's what I remember happening.

Penguin

I feel like it was probably to make sure other pieces were in place

If they did BvS last year would be almost a year between it and Suicide Squad and then like another year until Wonder Woman... this way, the gap feels shorter

though still almost a year between Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman

duckroll

The idea that they delayed BvS to "move things into place" doesn't really make that much sense to me. Business-wise, if this movie came out last year, WB would have had a less horrible year on their accounts. If the movie is good, people would continue to be excited for Suicide Squad this year, Wonder Woman next year, etc.

I think them delaying it to fine tune what is essentially proto-Justice League makes sense though. Setting the tone right is extremely important. I'm just wondering if it wouldn't be wiser to also give more time to Justice League, since it needs to be an even bigger event.

With BvS and Suicide Squad this year, and Wonder Woman next year, do they -really- need JL to be out by the end of next year? In comparison, Civil War is out next month, and Infinity War Pt1 isn't due until mid-2018. If Warner felt they needed another film next year, couldn't they have fast tracked Aquaman or Flash instead?

Loxley

That actually seems like fairly standard production length for a film like this. BVS was kind of a freak occurrence with how the long the film's post-production period was.

The idea that they delayed BvS to "move things into place" doesn't really make that much sense to me. Business-wise, if this movie came out last year, WB would have had a less horrible year on their accounts. If the movie is good, people would continue to be excited for Suicide Squad this year, Wonder Woman next year, etc.

I think them delaying it to fine tune what is essentially proto-Justice League makes sense though. Setting the tone right is extremely important. I'm just wondering if it wouldn't be wiser to also give more time to Justice League, since it needs to be an even bigger event.

With BvS and Suicide Squad this year, and Wonder Woman next year, do they -really- need JL to be out by the end of next year? In comparison, Civil War is out next month, and Infinity War Pt1 isn't due until mid-2018. If Warner felt they needed another film next year, couldn't they have fast tracked Aquaman or Flash instead?

didn't Ben Affleck have a leg injury and delay production?

Penguin

I assume on paper, they thought that Jupiter Ascending and Pan were gonna be enough for last year

And when they realized it wasn't...

Because really no reason to have the Potter world prequel and two DCEU films this year and nothing last, yes

guek

Banned
I assume on paper, they thought that Jupiter Ascending and Pan were gonna be enough for last year

And when they realized it wasn't...

Because really no reason to have the Potter world prequel and two DCEU films this year and nothing last, yes

mHM3DMk.gif

Dead

well not really...yet
Considering they moved Jupiter from Summer 14 to February 15, I doubt they had any hopes for it at all

duckroll

I'm sorry I'm having a hard time not laughing when thinking of WB actually believing that Jupiter Ascending and Pan would carry them for 2015. That just doesn't seem logical. Especially when Jupiter Ascending got dumped like a rock with zero marketing after they moved the date. Man, 2015 was really a wretched year for WB. Lol. :(

Penguin

I'm sorry I'm having a hard time not laughing when thinking of WB actually believing that Jupiter Ascending and Pan would carry them for 2015. That just doesn't seem logical. Especially when Jupiter Ascending got dumped like a rock with zero marketing after they moved the date. Man, 2015 was really a wretched year for WB. Lol. :(

I assume when they greenlit it... not when they realized what they had on their hands...

On the bright side, Creed and Mad Max were good spots for em!

And I guess San Andreas, no mega-hits to offset the mega bombs though

Dead

well not really...yet
I'd love to have seen the original pitch for Jupiter Ascending (and the original script) and see how that compares to the final film, to see how the Wachowski's convinced WB to give them all that money.

jackdoe

They definitely thought Pan could carry the slack after they gave it the slot Batman v Superman was supposed to have.

el mayimbe is as much a giant shill for this as faraci is vehemently against it. hard to trust either of them going into this film.

it's hard to trust anybody.
z8mSABC.jpg

just a little over a week.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
el mayimbe is as much a giant shill for this as faraci is vehemently against it. hard to trust either of them going into this film.

z8mSABC.jpg

just a little over a week.

Oh. Never followed him too closely. That sucks lol.

You can trust me. Too bad I'm not seeing it until next Saturday.

duckroll could this finally be a Snyder film you like? :) Can you feel it?

duckroll

duckroll could this finally be a Snyder film you like? :) Can you feel it?

I dunno, I'm not really counting on it. I think there'll be really awesome set pieces and iconic posing though. :p

If somehow he manages to tell a good story that feels satisfying and doesn't have crappy ass editing ruining the pace of the middle act, that'll be a huge win for everyone.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement

Oh really? Darn. Thought it was another worthwhile positive impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom