• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting mad that other people don't like what you do is pointless and stupid. Especially on the internet. Who the fuck cares? You're not forced to read every opinion or to reply to it. Actually letting it affect you is a character flaw. Learn from me, loyal fan of Michael Bay. The internet cannot hurt you! Complaining about other people's opinions just makes you look petty.

But the problem as I see isn't that people don't like something I like, it's that A LOT of people aren't interested in an honest conversation at all. Specially about is movie.
If you mention how much you like it you get dismissed right away.

The schadenfreude behind BvS has gotten pretty out of hand as of late but let's not pretend some parts of DC-gaf wouldn't have been just as insufferable with the chest thumping and horrible CBM wars bullshit if it had been better. There's too much of an "us vs them" mentality altogether.

Marvel has more fans than DC, I don't believe your hypothetical would play out that way because it never pays out that way. The guy on top piles on the guy at the bottom.

Godspeed, Aquamomoa. Our one and only Justice League source.

I don't know. BvS will be competitive. Wait till it hits video.

What happened to his tattoos?

url]

This is inscribed in Kryptonian on Superman's emblem.

Dead

well not really...yet
Can't see the pic but I assume the Joseph Campbell quote?

Zack also added a Cam-bell quote to Diana's sword

Life is killing all the time and so the goddess kills herself in the sacrifice of her own animal.

Just ignore and enjoy the great reviews Uncharted 4 gets and the Persona 5 stream. What the heck. Some BvS haters are a parody of themselves right now.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't even clicked on it, don't want to know what dumb shit is going on over there.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
tumblr_nu8hu3aq8j1r9vvj6o2_250.gif

Please Zack, give us something like this.

You guys think they'll go with Christopher Drake for JL? Or is WB just going to dump three trucks full of cash in Zimmer's backyard?

BadAss2961

Jay Hernandez (El Diablo) on Suicide Squad
“Everything starts somewhere and is going to end somewhere. I think this is that next step in the evolution of super hero movies… [There are] characters from the other movies that have come in onto our project. It’s interesting because, as a filmmaker and as a writer, you have to make it make sense. You have to find some way to infuse characters that aren’t really part of the narrative, but still have it make sense and have it not just be this weird piece where you’re setting up the other movie. It’s fluid and it has to feel right.”
Characters from the other movies... Maybe more than just Batman?

Alfred? Lex?

antovolk

Ahasverus

As for the film, I just hope they keep the Downey humour to a minimum. Don't need unnecessary and annoying quips every second, especially during serious scenes. I saw the last trailer again, and it's gotten me worried a bit. I just don't dig that sorta humour and script.
The Downey humor was still anoying in CW. A bit less. But it's still there when it shouldn't.

a916

The Downey humor was still anoying in CW. A bit less. But it's still there when it shouldn't.

Yeah, it's definitely there. Not to the annoying levels it was in AOU but it's still there. Which really creates tonal problems. Nothing massive but it's there that takes it down a notch for me. Definitely top 4 for MCU though.

I could easily take some more jokes between Alfred and Bruce, those were pretty good in BvS.

Perry stole the show... APPLES DON'T COST A DIME, NOT OUT THERE, NOT IN HERE.

SJRB

Gold Member
Perry stole the show... APPLES DON'T COST A DIME, NOT OUT THERE, NOT IN HERE.

CRIME ON THE RISE IN GOTHAM.

In other news: WATER: WET.

And the scene with the bullet.

Lois: "nobody knows what this is", hands over a bullet
Perry: "It's a bullet. It's used to shoot people".

Dude was amazing.

antovolk

Here are the 120 mins of special features that'll be on the BvS Blu (along with the Ultimate Cut)
Uniting The World's Finest
Gods And Men: A Meeting Of Giants
The Warrior, The Myth, The Wonder
Accelerating Design: The New Batmobile
Analysing A New Legacy Of Design: Superman
Analysing A New Legacy Of Desing: Batman
Analysing A New Legacy Of Desing: Wonder Woman
Analysing A New Legacy Of Desing: The Batcave
The Might And The Power Of A Punch
The Empire Of Luthor
Save The Bats
https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv...ure/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/940601/

No word on a commentary but I think that'll be on the UC disc.

Ninjimbo

antovolk

Hopefully it does the MoS and Watchmen style where you can watch the movie while Snyder and crew interject to demonstrate certain things or talk about the experience of filming scenes. In MoS it was excellent.

MoS was one of the last Maximum Movie Mode commentaries WB did, so at most expecting just an audio commentary for the UC.

antovolk

Ahasverus

antovolk

Yes but nobody cares about that for blurays. Do they even check id for that anymore?

Depends on the country. In Europe it tends to be a bigger deal (the ratings are all included on the front covers as opposed to tucked away on the back cover like the US), which is why it the Ultimate Cut 2-disc Blu-ray is a separate release in some countries as opposed to included on every Blu, they're probably expecting a higher rating for it. For instance the UK will prob have it included as standard as the UC will probably be 15-rated so that's okay. If it's 18-rated, it'll definitely be a separate release.

KonradLaw

Off-topic, but Adam McKay just signed up for Irredeemable.
I found Injustice to be better Irredeemable than Iredeemable itself. Especially as a whole. It might be because seeing the character you know get evil or dead makes for a bigger emotional impact. Plus the whole " I miss the City of Tomorrow— —and the man of yesterday" chapter was one of the most powerful stories in Superman's whole history for me. And all that for digital series that was spun off from a damn fighting game :D

guek

Banned
I found Injustice to be better Irredeemable than Iredeemable itself. Especially as a whole. It might be because seeing the character you know get evil or dead makes for a bigger emotional impact. Plus the whole " I miss the City of Tomorrow— —and the man of yesterday" chapter was one of the most powerful stories in Superman's whole history for me. And all that for digital series that was spun off from a damn fighting game :D

The Injustice comic was better than the game that spawned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom