• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterHero

url]

This is inscribed in Kryptonian on Superman's emblem.
YES YES YES

I knew about the writing but I was too lazy to translate it.

I would post a key, but there appears to be a few different versions. I don't have the original source for it.

Maddocks

Injustice comic is great because of the world building. The game is I think year 5 of the world after Superman took over and right now they are on year 4. So its great to see who was fighting for who, who gave up, who died.

IconGrist

I got back from Civil War a little bit ago. Between Deadpool, Batman v Superman and Civil War I'm like a spoiled rich kid. Hopefully X-Men delivers. That's the one that gives me most cause for concern.

I got back from Civil War a little bit ago. Between Deadpool, Batman v Superman and Civil War I'm like a spoiled rich kid. Hopefully X-Men delivers. That's the one that gives me most cause for concern.

i haven't seen civil war yet but i was banking on xmen being better than all of them 2 years ago.

trailers give me pause about that but i still got some faith.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Dude in OT has balls the size of Jupiter, damn. The thread title alone..

ReiGun

i haven't seen civil war yet but i was banking on xmen being better than all of them 2 years ago.

trailers give me pause about that but i still got some faith.

X-Men movies always look terrible in ads because Fox's marketing is shit, but I've enjoyed them more than anything else lately.

Fully expecting to walk away with Apoc and Deadpool as my favorite comic movies this year.

X-Men movies always look terrible in ads because Fox's marketing is shit, but I've enjoyed them more than anything else lately.

Fully expecting to walk away with Apoc and Deadpool as my favorite comic movies this year.

DOFP my favorite comic movie since The Dark Knight tbh.

Deadpool was pretty damn fun too. Fant4stic sucks but the xmen-verse is looking pretty strong now.

Snaku

Banned

He's completely right and justified in making that thread. I kept my opinion on Civil War to a single post in the official thread, because I don't want to turn it into a shit slinging match like the rest of gaf did to the BvS OTs, so I'm glad there's a separate thread for this debate. I sat waiting for the post credits stingers like always, but I couldn't help but wonder why CW got so much more praise than BvS. It wasn't bad, but BvS was just hands down a better film.

ReiGun

You should check twitter. Marvel fans are already mad over thinkpieces that compare BvS favorably to CW. Thinkpieces that don't even exist yet. lol

They are ready to be mad. That thread's OP just said decided to say fuck it and give them what they need, I guess.

Yes it does. For All Seasons is my favorite Superman story. It's a shame so many people haven't read it.

It's really hard to find. You can only really get second hand copies online.

ReiGun

My favorite part is how nobody asks him to elaborate more and just tells him he is wrong and an idiot

Which is funny in light of all the finger wagging about respecting others' opinions that happened when BvS reviews started hitting.

A lot of folks looking real funny in the light right now.

KonradLaw

I love how I must have serious medical problems if CW's action scenes gave me a migraine.

I've only seen CW clips (waiting for home release of the movie), but the bits of fights thrown in look nice, but they just pale in comparision to Batman vs mercernaries. That was easily the best fight scene I've seen in superhero movie. Stable camera, clear action, despite no colorful costumes, the feeling of enourmous strenght behind every hit and thugs who really go all out instead of acting like idiots.

But I also didn't enjoy Winter Soldier fight scenes, especially the later ones.. Way to shaky and to many cuts. And it feelt like it was missing frames. THe whole thing looked choppy. and CW seems to be doing the same. Still WW was a fun movie though and I expect CW will be even better. Especially with Spidey. Love the Spidey. Such a great costume too.
Black Panther costume seems a bit meh though.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I was underwhelmed by BP tbh, especially his first appearance. I was expecting something like WW but it was more like: well, I am here too! Didn't help that there was no awesome music playing in the background. The fights in TWS were better I feel, too much shakycam in this one (which is not a bad thing per se). But it just was not used well. Liked the movie though. Just not something that sticks or I would like to see again and again.

Also, that thread is going as expected. One of the first posts were gold: ''no one, get your head checked''.

Magwik

Banned
I was underwhelmed by BP tbh, especially his first appearance. I was expecting something like WW but it was more like: well, I am here too! Didn't help that there was no awesome music playing in the background. The fights in TWS were better I feel, too much shakycam in this one (which is not a bad thing per se). But it just was not used well. Liked the movie though. Just not something that sticks or I would like to see again and again.

Also, that thread is going as expected. One of the first posts were gold: ''no one, get your head checked''.

Black Panther was a godsend
Could have easily stole the movie from Cap if he wanted to

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Black Panther was a godsend
Could have easily stole the movie from Cap if he wanted to

How dare you not agree with me, what is wrong with you!

he was okay imo, not real standout in the movie.

jey_16

Banned
i thought the shaky cam was only really noticeable in the first battle but after that it was fine. Some of the CGI was a bit spotty as well but then again, that could be due to the airport battle being in daylight

i'm a DC fan but i enjoyed CW more, i wouldn't say its the masterpiece that everyone is saying it is but the main thing is that i really felt the conflict between Tony and Steve and could understand where they were both coming from and that made it more enjoyable to me compared to BvS where the fight just seemed contrived and was resolved so easily. Black panther was good and definitely interested in seeing his solo film but hated Spiderman, doesn't work for me at all.

Ahasverus

Civil War was great, but the CGI in some places, yikes, so bad. You have unlimited money Marvel, spend it on that.
Exactly. Spidey looked worse than Raimi's.
However it did a great job in making the characters feel human, that was a great advantage over BvS.

SJRB

Gold Member
Civil War was great, but the CGI in some places, yikes, so bad. You have unlimited money Marvel, spend it on that.

Why spend 250 million on a movie that will make a billion if you can just as well spend 175 and still make a billion?

Marvel doesn't give a fuck about a lot of stuff. The CGI, the soundtracks, it's all remarkably sub-par at times.

RDreamer

Marvel doesn't give a fuck about a lot of stuff. The CGI, the soundtracks, it's all remarkably sub-par at times.

Now that someone mentioned this, I wonder if this is a large part of my love for BvS and how I generally like MoS a good bit too and am kind of luke warm on most of the MCU. I tend to love movies with good soundtracks and use of music. I can't remember a goddamned thing soundtrack-wise for any MCU film I've seen whereas BvS and MoS, etc, were really great with this.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Now that someone mentioned this, I wonder if this is a large part of my love for BvS and how I generally like MoS a good bit too and am kind of luke warm on most of the MCU. I tend to love movies with good soundtracks and use of music. I can't remember a goddamned thing soundtrack-wise for any MCU film I've seen whereas BvS and MoS, etc, were really great with this.

Wanna know why? We had him:

hans-zimmer3.jpg

WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US!
it still hurts :(

RDreamer

Wanna know why? We had him:

hans-zimmer3.jpg

WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US!
it still hurts :(

Yeah, of course he's amazing.

What's funny is I was just thinking about Watchmen and 300 and didn't actually know who did the music from those (but I love those movies, too). Low and behold the guy that did those did the soundtrack to one of my favorite MCU movies, Guardians of the Galaxy.

hmmm

hamchan

The Injustice comic was better than the game that spawned it.

I love the Injustice comic. It really humanises the heroes and also shows how terrifying they can be once they go down the wrong path. Fuck Superman in this comic but also man, Superman went through some shit.

ReiGun

This thread is pretty much the only place I can still talk about superhero movies outside of with certain friends. Even with Marvel flicks, the discussion is pretty even handed and everyone is at least respectful.

I'm absolutely over discussing the whole subgenre anywhere else.

BadAss2961

Those fights have no identity. Going by Winter Solider and clips of Civil War, everyone fights like watered down/wannabe Asian action films mixed with quick cuts and Bourne shaky cam.

duckroll

Ah, the DC Cinematic Universe Community Thread, a place so sad and bitter that they would rather talk about Captain America Civil War all day. Because it hurts less. Amirite?

a916

I thought the airport fight was going to be cheap but it was pretty fuckin' great.

The highlight of the film for me. Very well done. All the earlier action scenes have some really jarring cuts to them makes it hard to see what's happening.

SJRB

Gold Member
Y'know, it took like 2 years before I got tired of arguing Man of Steel. I'm already tired of it with BvS, haha.

There's no point arguing with people who's sole argument is "BvS is garbage and if you like it you're an idiot".

I don't even bother clicking those threads anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom