• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney wink-winked one of their many media subsidiaries into trashing BvS and suddenly their vast phalanx of business partners, employees, consumers, and threatened internet fanboys hate BvS. The front page of my local newspaper said "Forget BvS".

Coincidence? I think not!

Not sure if serious...

Platy

Just for you, BadAss...

19658gmt1biftjpg.jpg

...the anatomy here is weird.

Her breast are being seen from the top while the rest of her body is from top-side

Tabby

The question is, if he knew it would get this kinda of a reception.

I still can't believe how hyperbolic the criticism against the movie was. It almost felt like a vendetta against the movie. But whatever, everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Everyone was already set on hating it before the movie even came out, I'm not even surprised.

a916

Ben might have seen something along the way, but people need to remember he was more or less in production on his own film and it didn't finish shooting until the press tour began for BvS. There is a chance he only got to see the 3hr cut since he was busy with his own film.

Even if he did, we have no idea, maybe he actually thought it was good. Maybe he thought, "what the hell did you do Snyder, change this" and Snyder went, "nah fam, I'm exec producer I call the shots."

BadAss2961

I still believe Snyder is gone after JL. His production company will remain and he'll have an executive producer or producer credit, but that will be it.

You could tell Ben was not happy when he was still doing press after it got ripped to shreds by critics. All of this felt inevitable.
The odds are against Snyder directing Justice League 2. This might've happened anyway regardless of reception since after 3 straight pressure filled movies, he'll need a break. He'll remain part of the team, not just in credit only. I could see him directing another DC movie somewhere down the line after all that is said and done.
I suppose as an executive producer Ben will have some kind of authority won't he?

He had authority from the moment they brought him in. He has all the cred, he's a damn good director, AND he's Batman. Ben's the star player they can't afford to lose.
well there was that twitter bot campaign to leave negative comments before the movie came out.

Also remember a few people saying they'd buy tickets for something else then sneak into BvS. lol, smh.

well there was that twitter bot campaign to leave negative comments before the movie came out.
I knew FuturexmDCcomicsZone was on to something!

I think the criticism was perfectly fair,and he numbers show a lot of people didn't like this movie on their own. If the criticism was a conspiracy, the word of mouth would still have carried a movie with the two biggest heroes in comics to over a billion. Yall have to stop with this persecution complex

Just realize that every movie that Ben directed has had a Supporting actor receive an Academy Award nomination, this obviously mean His Batman Film will have a great villain.

or a badass Alfred

Ben as EP doesn't really mean much, Nolan was EP for BvS, same as Geoff Johns and like 10 other people.

Also it's weird that people jump on your back if you say there was a lot of hate against BvS before it came out, because there totally was, especially with Gadot, Eisenberg & Affleck's casting (turns out those three were highlights of the film and not the actual issue, wow!). There's no inherent implication that Disney is behind it or whatever, just that there's an uphill battle that WB had to fight coming after MoS and in a dominant Marvel movie arena, where they're going against the grain and not aping them. Same shit is going against ghost busters right now, internet hate train before they've even seen the film.

Ben as EP doesn't really mean much, Nolan was EP for BvS, same as Geoff Johns and like 10 other people.

Also it's weird that people jump on your back if you say there was a lot of hate against BvS before it came out, because there totally was, especially with Gadot, Eisenberg & Affleck's casting (turns out those three were highlights of the film and not the actual issue, wow!). There's no inherent implication that Disney is behind it or whatever, just that there's an uphill battle that WB had to fight coming after MoS and in a dominant Marvel movie arena, where they're going against the grain and not aping them. Same shit is going against ghost busters right now, internet hate train before they've even seen the film.
I woudnt call Jesse a highlight. He's still unfairly hated, I found his performence find, but the writing bad. Although people seem to hate on him even though it wasn't his fault.

jrush64

Banned

SENPAIatLarge always does that. Anyway, I loved Eisenberg as Lex. As in really loved his performance. Gaod was also great but too few scenes.

Agree with Ghostbusters. The movie is being majorly hated on before it's even out. The shit is ridiculous.

a916

Possibly, Ben is also going to be on set and Faraci said he has authority during post as well. It's safe to say he's going to be hands on, more so than Nolan.

Possibly, Ben is also going to be on set and Faraci said he has authority during post as well. It's safe to say he's going to be hands on, more so than Nolan.

As much as I'd like to be able to cite Faraci here, because it's definitely something I'd like to hear, I'd say the "all the jokes were in the first trailer" thing shows that he's not as in the loop as he was.

After so many false rumors, I wouldn't trust Faraci with anything, even if it is good news.

I believe the report. Why? Because Ben Affleck is not about to be drug to the bottom by Zack fucking Snyder. Does Faraci like troll and stir the pot with DCEU fans? Sure. But this report seems like common sense stuff. Sure, we're all blowing smoke, myself included, but Ben's attitude and demeanor after the reviews released says it all to me. I think I even made a post that this very thing would happen. Hell, Ben spent the entire time giving Zack backhanded compliments only referring to him as a great "visual director" during the press tour.

Ahasverus

Yeah, Ben Affleck is not just an actor, he's a Brand, a badly received BvS would put his next personal movie in jeopardy. I'm sure he's not going to keep up with that.

BadAss2961

I believe the report. Why? Because Ben Affleck is not about to be drug to the bottom by Zack fucking Snyder. Does Faraci like troll and stir the pot with DCEU fans? Sure. But this report seems like common sense stuff. Sure, we're all blowing smoke, myself included, but Ben's attitude and demeanor after the reviews released says it all to me. I think I even made a post that this very thing would happen. Hell, Ben spent the entire time giving Zack backhanded compliments only referring to him as a great "visual director" during the press tour.
What attitude and demeanor? He was upset... Like everyone else.

He seemed genuine about the movie before release. Word is the 3 hour cut in particular was the one that impressed him. He referred to Zack as a brilliant visual director... He also said he learned a lot from him about making these kinds of movies and how it inspired him to consider directing his Batman solo. Doubt there's any rift at all. They're in it together. Ben being this involved was expected from day one. So i'm with the cynics who believe he already had a pretty strong hand in BvS, and that this is for PR.

People like to give Zack 100% of the blame, but the movie looks like an editing fumble more than anything. I'd believe Zackfleck pointing blame at execs before each other.

Ninjimbo

Eh, for all this Ben Affleck as EP talk, I don't think it means a damn thing except that Ben is on this thing officially and probably for the long haul. It's weird that people are reading so much into this thinking Ben is going to have a bigger role when Ben was probably the one that convinced WB and Snyder to get Terrio to do the rewrite. He already had pull and him having a say was always going to be part of the deal when he signed on to be Bats. I doubt we'll see any meaningful results from this.

Snyder is going to do Snyder again for JL. Prepare yourselves for another shitstorm.

I don't read Faraci's stuff but he sounds like a douche making up shit to get hits on his site.

antovolk

Wait, there is an extended cut of Deadpool? Just did a quick google and from what I can see, Tim Miller says there is not an extended cut?

Will the Best Buy Steelbook have this cut?

My question is, didnt Ben and countless other people see this movie? it was in post for over a year or whatever long. How do you not see the issues and question Snyder about it?

Nah, talking BvS.

And yes it will.

SJRB

Gold Member
Eh, for all this Ben Affleck as EP talk, I don't think it means a damn thing except that Ben is on this thing officially and probably for the long haul. It's weird that people are reading so much into this thinking Ben is going to have a bigger role when Ben was probably the one that convinced WB and Snyder to get Terrio to do the rewrite. He already had pull and him having a say was always going to be part of the deal when he signed on to be Bats. I doubt we'll see any meaningful results from this.

Snyder is going to do Snyder again for JL. Prepare yourselves for another shitstorm.

There's a reason why being a DC fan is the worst hell on earth... Hope. Every man who has thought about a Batman/Superman and Justice League movie over the centuries has looked up to the light and imagined watching greatness in the threatre. So easy... So simple... And like shipwrecked men turning to sea water from uncontrollable thirst, many have cried trying.

I learned here that there can be no true despair without hope. So, as Snyder terrorizes DC fans, he will feed its people hope to poison their souls. Snyder will let them believe they can survive so that he can watch them clamoring over each other to "stay in the sun." You can watch Snyder torture an entire fanbase and when they have truly understood the depth of their failure, he will fulfill David S. Goyer's destiny... He will destroy the fanbase and then, when it is done and DC Cinematic Universe is ashes, then you have his permission to cry.

So looking for some clarification. The extra 30 minutes of scenes will only be available in the 4K Blu-Ray? And will the digital version be available in 4K? Is that even an option?

antovolk

Man you have all the information about Imax and now DVD releases. Where do you work if I may ask?

Just a fan who knows & keeps tracks of things haha

So looking for some clarification. The extra 30 minutes of scenes will only be available in the 4K Blu-Ray? And will the digital version be available in 4K? Is that even an option?

On all Blu-rays labeled "Ultimate Edition" including the 4K. Which in the US would mean all releases minus the DVD.

The digital version is just a redemption code to use on iTunes/VUDU to download both cuts of the film and the extras from there.

duckroll

Lemme try and get this straight so there's no confusion.

If you buy the 4K Blu-ray of BvS Ultimate Cut, you will get:
- Ultimate Cut 4K-only Blu-ray
- Regular version Normal Blu-ray
- Ultimate Cut Digital Code

But if you buy the normal Blu-ray of BvS Ultimate Cut, you will get:
- Ultimate Cut Normal Blu-ray
- ???? DVD

Right?

Would the film benefit from 4k more than most, with it's 70mm shots? I think I already asked this a long time ago.

Still debating whether or not my next TV should be 4k. I was under the impression 4k makes zero difference for most films that weren't made with 70/65mm footage.

You know. I don't believe in a Synder conspiracy, critics don't hate his movies because it's Synder directing, they dislike his movies because he always has flaws in them.

I look at the reviews Zack's movies have gotten and mostly agree with them (even BvS), the only one I don't is MoS where I felt the new Superman was seen as a negative, but the movie did drag and was poorly written.

However. I've never seen his owl movie so I don't know about that one.

Maddocks

is 4k even possible to see with the human eye?

If the screen is big enough and you are far enough back and the tv can actually play it, then up, it is noticeable. Best to get something that is best for the dollar, if 4k version has the most stuff and the only thing you can't play is the 4k version, but it comes with bluray,dvd,download, plus all the extras and a few more not available anywhere else. Then you should buy it because it might be the same price, but more stuff.

BadAss2961

Lemme try and get this straight so there's no confusion.

If you buy the 4K Blu-ray of BvS Ultimate Cut, you will get:
- Ultimate Cut 4K-only Blu-ray

But if you buy the normal Blu-ray of BvS Ultimate Cut, you will get:
- Ultimate Cut Normal Blu-ray
- ???? DVD

Right?
Seems correct according to Best Buy. Just to add, you also get the Theatrical digital copy as well as the Ultimate with the 4K.

4K Ultra ----- Standard BD/DVD Combo

Do not buy the 4K Edition if you need the Ultimate Cut on standard Blu-ray.

Magwik

Banned
Huh they are really pushing the Ultimate Cut as the definitive edition. Wonder if it getting a theatrical release will pan out

BadAss2961

Huh they are really pushing the Ultimate Cut as the definitive edition. Wonder if it getting a theatrical release will pan out
It's the movie we were supposed to get. This is at least the third time Snyder's pressed for a different cut than what was released in theaters.

Ninjimbo

You know. I don't believe in a Synder conspiracy, critics don't hate his movies because it's Synder directing, they dislike his movies because he always has flaws in them.

I look at the reviews Zack's movies have gotten and mostly agree with them (even BvS), the only one I don't is MoS where I felt the new Superman was seen as a negative, but the movie did drag and was poorly written.

However. I've never seen his owl movie so I don't know about that one.
I don't believe in a conspiracy but I do feel like a lot of people have very strong feelings towards him which I find a little odd. You read the reviews with a slant, and they start sounding a little personal or vindictive which is strange. We get tons of bad movies every year. Can anyone tell me the name of the dude who directed Battleship? How about Need for Speed? Those movies were bad but for whatever reason the people responsible for those movies go on forgotten while Zack Snyder sticks around.

Other than Michael Bay, I haven't seen a director garner so much attention releasing mediocre films. I've seen people who aren't movie heads dropping his name and having an opinion.

I'm guessing it's because Snyder is more visible than your average movie director and the films he makes tend to be memorable for a variety of reasons. Of course it helps that he has a very unique style that stands out among his peers.

When you're being compared to Lars Von Trier, you've clearly struck a nerve.

antovolk

They're probably gonna do like Hobbit, a one night only event a couple weeks before digital HD release.

And yeah correct Duckroll, the DVD included with the regular Blu Ultimate Edition I believe is theatrical cut in this case. And digital redemption codes in both cases are for both cuts.

Man, so the regular Blu-ray in the UHD pack is only the theater version? That sucks, wanted to get the UHD pack to prepare for when i have a 4k TV and Blu-ray player.

Hmmm, so how´s the picture quality on those digital movie version that come with Blu-ray nowadays and how big are they for a 2 hour action movie? Last time i remember seeing one was for Godzilla, was like 3-4 GB big and looked like it had a jizz filter over it that made it a blurry mess. Basically unwatchable if you´re used to Blu-rays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom