• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
semi movie news related:

DC Rebirth seems like it's getting crazy good feedback, Johns having more of a hand in DCEU is going to be fun.

Comicbook.com "DC Universe Rebirth is the best single issue comicbook that DC Comics has published in recent history"

Newsrama " Rama Rating: 10 out of 10"

Ign 9.5/10

Either some serious shilling going on here or Johns DA GAWD

please don't forget to cover up your spoilers, I'm trying to remain pure until Wed :(.

Effect

I would suggest no spoilers here until Wednesday. I really don't want to spoiled regarding this. Have had to stay away from the main Rebirth thread due to them.

gamz

When you search Suicide Squad on twitter you get naked chicks? How odd? I've never seen that searching for movies before.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
"Ayer makes a better movie than Zack Snyder, in other words water is wet" - Perry White

Ahasverus

Too old. Catwoman should be mature, but let's not get overboard. mid 30s is perfect, because you really want to cast for more than just one movie. She will have to potentially reccur for quite a lot.
Eva Green is a good suggestion.
The Fuck? Have you /seen/ that woman? Also Selina is supposed to be around Bruce's age. A older, weary Catwoman would do for very interesting stories too.

Eva would do a great Ivy.

KonradLaw

The Fuck? Have you /seen/ that woman?
Yes. And she's already starting to show her age. Batman solo won't be out till at least 2018, add two more movies (since people usually sign at least three movies contract) and we're looking at somebody who will be over 50 for the last movie.

It's just not a realistic casting. Hollywood tolerates old men in sexy roles, but old women? Nobody will greenlit that. Especially not for this character, unless you want to put her into retired role, the way Dark Knight Returns did.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Screw you guys, Ana de Armas or bust.

Granted I've never seen her act before, found out she is in the Blade Runner sequel and Googled her. Gimme her in a Catwoman suit. She is just so beautiful. Hhng.

Ahasverus

How about Charlize Theron?
She was the perfect Hypolyta, now I dunno. Maybe Supergírl if they want to go for the "she arrived first ages ago" angle. Or Cheetah if we want to keep her with Wonder Woman. Noran Freeze works too.

Screw you guys, Ana de Armas or bust.
Too young for grandpa Affleck imo, at least as Selina.

Yes. And she's already starting to show her age. Batman solo won't be out till at least 2018, add two more movies (since people usually sign at least three movies contract) and we're looking at somebody who will be over 50 for the last movie.

It's just not a realistic casting. Hollywood tolerates old men in sexy roles, but old women? Nobody will greenlit that. Especially not for this character, unless you want to put her into retired role, the way Dark Knight Returns did.

kate-beckinsale-chloe-sevigny-variety-studio-sundance-28.jpg

A dirty aging woman, everyone

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
She was the perfect Hypolyta, now I dunno. Maybe Supergírl if they want to go for the "she arrived first ages ago" angle. Or Cheetah if we want to keep her with Wonder Woman. Noran Freeze works too.

Too young for grandpa Affleck imo, at least as Selina.

Not like Affleck has problems with women younger than him.
too soon?

Just get her in a nice suit making out with Margot Robbie and I'm set. This man/woman thing is boring me. Need more female/female and male/male stuff.

Ahasverus

Not like Affleck has problems with women younger than him.
too soon?

Just get her in a nice suit making out with Margot Robbie and I'm set. This man/woman thing is boring me. Need more female/female and male/male stuff.
The thing is that it doesn't work with a very young Catwoman. Batman has been active for 20 years, Catwoman has always been one of the first "reactions" to Batman, she's not a year 15 enemy, she's year 3 at the most. That's why a 30 y.o doesn't work and a 35 y.o. is scratching it (you know they have always had the hots for each other, imagine Batman having a fetish relationship with a 15 years old).

39 is the minimum for Selina imo.

SJRB

Gold Member
When you search Suicide Squad on twitter you get naked chicks? How odd? I've never seen that searching for movies before.

Suicide girls, probably. Pin-up photography of models, often having tattoos and/or piercings.

IHaveIce

Banned
SO any big spoilers from Suicide Squad hit the web yet? Big reveals or something?

Someonepls spoil me, in a pm if needed. Don't think I'm going to bother going into the cinema, after BVS, unless there is a huge reveal that would bring me back in :)

Ahasverus

SO any big spoilers from Suicide Squad hit the web yet? Big reveals or something?

Someonepls spoil me, in a pm if needed. Don't think I'm going to bother going into the cinema, after BVS, unless there is a huge reveal that would bring me back in :)
Fortunately not. Only that
Enchantress' brother is the main villain (she is one too) and is a very obscure comics character called Incubus.

Why would Rebirth even be discussed here ?
The same person in charge for Rebirth is in charge of the story side of the DCEU. Who's not to say that he could do the same move he did there in the movies? He absolutely can do it now
because there is already a Watchmen movie by Zack Snyder that contains the very same lines he needs

I would suggest no spoilers here until Wednesday. I really don't want to spoiled regarding this. Have had to stay away from the main Rebirth thread due to them.

Yeah I've abandoned comicsgaf and the rebirth ot, people are starting to stop using black bars.

Why would Rebirth even be discussed here ?

Johns is supposedly gearing up to take a more creative role in the DCEU. It's probably going to be his last comic for awhile, so if people are interested in seeing his story telling style, it's the newest and (apparently greatest) thing to come out in awhile. It's also a good jumping on point for fans of the movies if they want to get into comics, as it's a new line launch.

Maybe I'm misusing this thread, but I like posting pretty much everything DC in here as we don't have a DC general and comicsgaf is mostly Marvel/Image with Batman, except for a few posters.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member

Joker dies.

Kibbles

Fortunately not. Only that
Enchantress' brother is the main villain (she is one too) and is a very obscure comics character called Incubus.
Kinda what I expected
Jessica Chobot's breakdown of the Blitz Trailer seems to have got it. Then this photos of the Enchantress dolls, one is her and the other I assume Incubus.

Apparently it's being screened at the MCM London Comic Con too?
Edit: yup - https://twitter.com/mcmcomiccon/status/731197366036889600 I hope the cast is there

KonradLaw

A dirty aging woman, everyone
No matter how much you will deny the reality of both her age and most of all how Hollywood works, your dream casting still won't happen. No matter how much snark you put into your posts.

Deep down you know that even if they would stick with middle aged Selina as character, all this would mean is that they would cast mid 30s actress for that character and just state she's near Bruce's age.

Ahasverus

No matter how much you will deny the reality of both her age and most of all how Hollywood works, your dream casting still won't happen. No matter how much snark you put into your posts.

Deep down you know that even if they would stick with middle aged Selina as character, all this would mean is that they would cast mid 30s actress for that character and just state she's near Bruce's age.
I don't mind if my fan casting doesn't come to fruition, I only hope they cast an older Selina and not a cheerleader. It's not as WB is afraid of that, as Lois Lane is not only older than Superman here, but almost 40 too.

a916

original.jpg

He said this as well

Just like BVS didn't kill the DCEU, this movie isn't going to save the DCEU... DCEU needs a 1B movie and this isn't it. But the DC does need a critical hit and this might be it.

Wonder Woman needs to knock it out of the park, for several reasons. I hope Jenkins knows what she's doing.

I'm really really curious on that. I know what I'm getting with JL, and Suicide Squad (Furyish) and Aquaman. I don't think either of those is going to surprise me.

Wonder Woman is the real wild card because a lot of people believe Jenkins is very talented and a really good director but I've never seen any of her work.

Ahasverus

Wonder Woman needs to knock it out of the park, for several reasons. I hope Jenkins knows what she's doing.
I'm really really curious on that. I know what I'm getting with JL, and Suicide Squad (Furyish) and Aquaman. I don't think either of those is going to surprise me.

Wonder Woman is the real wild card because a lot of people believe Jenkins is very talented and a really good director but I've never seen any of her work.
Well, she made a great movie once, it was really great. But that was ages ago and it was a very different kind of movie, really different. It could go either way. I think the buzz is positive so I'm hopeful, but it's the wildcard, yeah. On a personal level I'd love for WW to kick ass, she deserves her Batman Begins. She's a very important character in fiction, given her role AND the age she was introduced, not to mention how she has probably the most solid ongoing comic book in the medium.

I don't know why you say you know what to expect with Aquaman, I certainly don't lol, but Wan knows how to deliver mass spectacle, it will be fine.

Most exciting part of Wonder Woman is the WW1 setting. Throwing out arbitrary percentage numbers ala Assassin's Creed, I'm pulling for a 70% WW1, 23% Themyscira split. Sort of funny to see Battlefield 1 and Wonder Woman hit within a few months, after ages of no notable WW1 games and the odd WW1 blockbuster.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if we'll get the ''not my Aquaman, too dark'' complaints.

What am I talking about, of course we'll get those.

I wasn't a fan of the action in FF7. I thought it was pretty terrible for the most part. Hopefully, Wan will have a better handle on it for Aquaman.

shingi70

Banned
I wonder if we'll get the ''not my Aquaman, too dark'' complaints.

What am I talking about, of course we'll get those.

Most people I know didn't even like Aquaman till Mamoa. I know the guy who runs the Aquaman shrine doesn't like the look being so PAD Aquaman.

Lol Aquaman isn't popular enough to get those comments. At best you'll get, "James Cameron did it better."

Aquaman does seem like the kind of film people look at from trailers/posters, chuckle, and walk away disinterested. And the movie would blow away in the wind having made zero impact.

Then again, I said the same about Ant-Man so what do I know.

Stop calling it FF7 for fucks sake. That confused the shit out of me.

Haha. That confused me for a moment, too. Also the use of WW for both Wonder Woman and worldwide can be confusing sometimes. That's one of the reasons why I always type everything out completely...well, besides NES and SNES.

Anyway, Furious 7 is one of the most fun movies I've ever watched. I ended up buying the whole series on Blu-ray shortly after I watched it. I've had a hell of a time watching them. Can't wait for the next movie. Looking forward to see what James Wan does for Aquaman, too.

Kibbles

9wGMD.gif

DanielR ‏@DanielRPK 2h2 hours ago
@NathanMaloney1 That's not a spoiler so... He was AMAZING! *Leto's Joker*

Alexis Harrold ‏@ALEXpie31 19h19 hours ago
@Damaged_Joker I think he was really good!! I loved Heath Ledger of course but #JaredLeto was fantastic

Alexis Harrold ‏@ALEXpie31 *May 21
@LouiseMcClain14 Sooo much chemistry! They were fantastic *Joker/Harley*

thedirtyhour ‏@TheDirtyHour May 21
@Ozsessed anytime joker and HQ are together, it's gold. That scene tho was solid. *Joker/Harley therapy scene*

Arjun Lal ‏@ArjunFromTO 24h24 hours ago
@aalegalzinha HELL YES, no question in my mind. One of the top CBMs ever made. BvS spilled the milk and SS mopped up the mess!

@yonce**** she was the breakout performance of the movie for me personally *Margot*

@LouiseMcClain14 PSYCHOTICALLY FANTASTIC *Joker and Harley relationship*

@AM_Horrorplace BAUWSE. *Leto's take on the Joker*

thedirtyhour ‏@TheDirtyHour 24h24 hours ago
@ArjunFromTO @aalegalzinha Maybe top 10. Maybe. Dark Knight, Iron Man 1, Spider-Man 2...after those it's fair game really.

thedirtyhour ‏@TheDirtyHour 23h23 hours ago Gilroy, CA
@aalegalzinha @ArjunFromTO semi-appropriate mix. Could've gone darker imo. If they do an SS2, it should get darker. Still a good movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom