• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be honest, part of me wants to know if early viewers spoiled who Clint Eastwood's son is playing. He's probably Some Guy, but who knows! The actor pretending to be Green Lantern didn't even appear in BvS. No, not Tyrese. The other guy.

Oooh, yes, this. He's actually pretty prominent in the trailers...

Opinions. It wasn't as great as people were making it out to be. It's "ok".
Bummer because that was my most anticipated movie. Rocky was pretty good as always, don't even think Sly needs to act, just be himself.

You do you, man :p

Ahasverus

I am still waiting on a live action Batman replicating one of my favourite Batman scenes.

tumblr_lz5suyxEfM1qzvnpdo1_500.jpg
Tears were shed

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
You guys want too much emotional stuff in your superhero movies. We get enough of that shit and it's boring. You know what we need? More sexuality, shake it up a little.

B0hxw.jpg

Kibbles

original.jpg

He said this as well
1. 2hoursish.
3.leto does not disappoint – and thats saying something with what bar heath set years ago. Mad props.
4. Tone – think deadpool tone without 4th wall breakage. The humor totally reached everyone.

I got no problem answering – ill keep it spoiler free though:
1) it looks like hyper-brutal bats has vanished. The scenes we see is the batman we know and love just doing his batman job and its great.
2) hes shown sparingly but makes such an impact when on screen. The crowd loved it when he just swoops down.
3) after watching him AND the events that happen in the movie, i am STOKED to see what a solo movie can offer.

Sorry, im really trying to leave u guys with some positivity but am holding back anything that could give away what the trailers didnt. I want u all to have faith regardless of how much bvs may or may not have shattered. I straight up had a fun time with this.

Emotional scene, idk if the necessary context for it would carry a movie though.

Yeah, this is what I'm thinking. There's a bit of a tendency for people to grab specific story beats and go "why can't they just do THIS?!?" and I get why, but at the same time... these moments are part of a larger whole. This one in specific has a ton of impact because of the context and the history involved.

original.jpg

He said this as well

Not gonna buy it not gonna buy it not gonna buy it

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/3682/196/original.jpg?w=800&h=417[img]

He said this as well[/QUOTE]

First burton gives us a movie with Jack Nicholson and a prince soundtrack, then he gets the best superhero cartoon, then Nolan gave him the most ambitious comic book trilogy of all time, and now the batgawd is gonna show "traditional comic book movie" enthusiasts in this post mcu-genre what's up too

Sure hes had a few missteps here and there but it's time for the dark knight to rise again. Bless up. I'm really excited for SS and even moreso for the bat solo. I need to read more spoiler free impressions about this movie

Even though I enjoyed BvS, I'm just assuming the worst at this point as far as critical/internet reception goes for Squad. I've been sold on squad since Boomerang cracked open a beer, and magic super heroes actually used magic!

Eva Green is the only choice for Selina God damn it

Yeah I'm on team eva green for every sassy and empowered brunette comic book character tbh

Can't think of any other actresses right now but whoever they cast has to be able to pull off that catty and cool manner of speech that Pfeiffer and Hathaway did really good with imo.

edit: Emily Blunt.

Boke1879

Even though I enjoyed BvS, I'm just assuming the worst at this point as far as critical/internet reception goes for Squad. I've been sold on squad since Boomerang cracked open a beer, and magic super heroes actually used magic!

Part of me believes it'll be received better simply because Synder really has fuck all to do with it and you'll read that in reviews as well. They'll mention something like DC should distance themselves from Snyder going forward since Ayer can make a competent and fun movie.

We'll see though. I don't expect it to be 2nd coming of Christ but I'm hoping it's at least critically good.

But guys it makes sense the brutal Batman is gone especially after BvS. It kinda fits with where he's at when BvS ends.

See, I know that. And you know that. And I'm pretty sure Snyder, Ayer, and DC/WB knows that. But I can't be totally certain. And until I see for myself, I can't stop being nervous.

Why are you assuming the worst though? The trailers have been pretty well received haven't they?

Boke1879

Why are you assuming the worst though? The trailers have been pretty well received haven't they?

THey have been but that doesn't mean anything really. The movie could be a sloppy mess. Although I doubt it.

That said. After everything. It's probably best to expect the worst and be surprised and relieved if it turns out good.

So what brutal batman we talking?

I still think he'll be brutal, just won't kill, kinda like Bale dropping Marinoi and hurting his legs.

Nothing extreme like branding people, but will break people to a point.

So what brutal batman we talking?

I still think he'll be brutal, just won't kill, kinda like Bale dropping Marinoi and hurting his legs.

Nothing extreme like branding people, but will break people to a point.

that's fine. i think the line was crossed with that batmobile chase imo. it was excessive and it didn't help that it was just a crap action sequence too.

that's fine. i think the line was crossed with that batmobile chase imo. it was excessive and it didn't help that it was just a crap action sequence too.
Let's see how Ayer does his chase scene.
Nolan had 2 good ones
Synder failed his in my opinion. (It kinda felt like let's show how cool his car is rather then it was necessary)

Casting Selina, she'd have to be a woman approaching-if not in-her 40s. But if Hollywood is going to be Hollywood and go younger, Rebecca Ferguson kicked ass in that type of role in Rogue Nation. If they cast in the 40s, Kate Winslet would be cool.

Ahasverus

Casting Selina, she'd have to be a woman approaching-if not in-her 40s. But if Hollywood is going to be Hollywood and go younger, Rebecca Ferguson kicked ass in that type of role in Rogue Nation. If they cast in the 40s, Kate Winslet would be cool.
Beckinsale is 42. And is sexy af. There's no need to search anymore, did you hear me Ben? DID YOU?

If it was Dick, I would have been hella angry. Dick is one of the best characters in the DC canon, killing him off as some sort of weird joke sounds exactly the sort of thing Snyder would do (see Olsen), but thankfully he did not.

THey have been but that doesn't mean anything really. The movie could be a sloppy mess. Although I doubt it.

That said. After everything. It's probably best to expect the worst and be surprised and relieved if it turns out good.

So people are expecting it to be a sloppy mess? I can only set my expectations on the trailer, director and cast. Ignoring what I think is a miscast with Smith, I think the rest seems solid.

KonradLaw

Kate Beckinsale is more appropiate for Affleck's age imo.

Too old. Catwoman should be mature, but let's not get overboard. mid 30s is perfect, because you really want to cast for more than just one movie. She will have to potentially reccur for quite a lot.
Eva Green is a good suggestion.

SJRB

Gold Member
It's too bad Morena Baccarin is already attached to Deadpool, I think she'd be awesome.

What about Rosamund Pike? She could pull it off, no doubt.

What about Rosamund Pike? She could pull it off, no doubt.

I love morena but I think she would suck outside of the look. you have to be able to pull off that really catty tone (which even hathaway did very nicely, as much hate as she gets for the role)

rosamund pike would be inspired casting considering the gone girl relationship haha. i bet if she's appearing anytime soon offers will be thrown at rebecca ferguson and emily blunt tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom