• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I dont like how he put his hand up. Batman wouldnt do that...

This is also a big problem when it comes to these movies, I wonder how DC will make it work. "Superman should have done that, Joker would not do that, Batman can't do that". Even the simplest thing as putting his hand up gets a reaction.

The details are superfluous, I'm just saying that the gadget itself was unnecessary. The movie is already bursting at the seams with both plot points and ideas, there could easily have been some other way to find the Joker at the end. It would have saved screen time and quite a lot of the vfx budget.
Nolan loves his runtime of 2:30 or more

Edit: also I think Nolan wanted to add the white eyes like the TV show and have him face both cops and bad guys

Ahasverus

A ton

Tarzan
Central Intelligence (which is most likely since started screenings this week)
The Conjuring 2
War Dogs (another one I know they've started recently)
All worth watching. The thing is that there was a 20% chance for it to had been Suicide Squad and if there's only a one percent chance...

JFunky

Rando lucky bastards. Nobody knew they were seeing a screening for Suicide Squad until they announced it at the test screening itself at Century 25 in Union City. One of them said something about the CG not being finished.

I goto that theater all the time!!! Can't belive I missed that.

gamz

This is also a big problem when it comes to these movies, I wonder how DC will make it work. "Superman should have done that, Joker would not do that, Batman can't do that". Even the simplest thing as putting his hand up gets a reaction.

If the movies are good nobody gives a shit.

Ahasverus

The Chris Evans gifs in the OT are getting out of control. The Suicide Squad threads are going to be drowning in them day one.
You gotta admit they are technically very well done lol I died with the Superman punch one.

You know, I gotta admit that /some/ of my skepticism with the MCU comes from the fanbase. I can like some of the movies very much, but I would never consider myself a fan because, well, I can't relate to the fanbase here on GAF, at all.

IconGrist

You gotta admit they are technically very well done lol I died with the Superman punch one.

You know, I gotta admit that /some/ of my skepticism with the MCU comes from the fanbase. I can like some of the movies very much, but I would never consider myself a fan because, well, I can't relate to the fanbase here on GAF, at all.

I love the MCU but I can't participate with the prominent fanbase here on GAF. I just don't find the movies interesting enough to talk about for more than a couple of days. Maybe that stems from growing up largely ignoring Marvel. DC kid through and through.

Not gonna lie, I skipped out on Civil War because I just had it linked so inextricably in my head with some of the behavior I've seen from its fans on GAF. It's deeply stupid, I know, but true all the same :p

I'll watch it at some point down the line.

MisterHero

those gifs are starting to make me not like Evans, and the Cap movies are my favorite

Oh well

strafer

You misspelled hilarious? :p

She with you?
I thought she was with you.

I completely forgot what I was going to say. Sorry.

EDIT: Oh yeah, regarding the Civil War thread. Was it not known that it would make a billion? Why must there be a thread about it?

I'm going to tell you why, so they can start shit. It's not about the movie making a billion, it's about posting so many hately things about BvS in the least amount of time as they possibly can. No one cares about the movie making money, that's a given.

I think im going to make a thread about BvS doing 870 million at the boxoffice.

and those gifs are not fun or clever, they are disgusting.

Rooster12

I dont like how he put his hand up. Batman wouldnt do that...

latest

The Evans tornado gif was funny but man, folks drive fresh material into the ground super fast nowadays. That android woman making goofy facial expressions lasted about 15 minutes before becoming played out. But the fans taking shots at the competition, whatever, it is what it is. Still remember this going around back in 2013,

JO3xqF7.gif

I'm going to tell you why, so they can start shit. It's not about the movie making a billion, it's about posting so many hately things about BvS in the least amount of time as they possibly can. No one cares about the movie making money, that's a given.

I think im going to make a thread about BvS doing 870 million at the boxoffice.

You would get banned before you even finished the post. It's super easy for a Snyder supporter to get banned for being upset, but Marvel fanboys(myself included) can jokepost Chris Evans gifs as responses all day.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Man, we really need some news. This ''but Marvel fans'' and ''Well, DC fans'' things sucks. Every fanbase sucks. So do we. We are just all awful, let's agree on that and move on.

WB is test screening the shit out of Suicide Squad, no doubt about that. Do you guys think they'll lift the review embargo like a week or two before? With BvS it was the same week as it was released. On one hand it could show that they are confident with this one. On the other hand it could bite them in the ass and the same kind of negativity that surrounded BvS could be applied on SS weeks in advance of the actual release.

And even more important: I fucking hope the chemistry between Leto and Robbie is there. That will make/break their relationship. If anything needs to work on that movie it is their dynamic.

Not gonna lie, I skipped out on Civil War because I just had it linked so inextricably in my head with some of the behavior I've seen from its fans on GAF. It's deeply stupid, I know, but true all the same :p

I'll watch it at some point down the line.
It's a good movie, you should check it out. Definitely one of the better Marvel movies and a nice palate cleanser after Avengers 2.

Man, we really need some news. This ''but Marvel fans'' and ''Well, DC fans'' things sucks. Every fanbase sucks. So do we. We are just all awful, let's agree on that and move on.

WB is test screening the shit out of Suicide Squad, no doubt about that. Do you guys think they'll lift the review embargo like a week or two before? With BvS it was the same week as it was released. On one hand it could show that they are confident with this one. On the other hand it could bite them in the ass and the same kind of negativity that surrounded BvS could be applied on SS weeks in advance of the actual release.

And even more important: I fucking hope the chemistry between Leto and Robbie is there. That will make/break their relationship. If anything needs to work on that movie it is their dynamic.

Tbh, after the critical savaging BvS got, I wouldn't be shocked if they play this even closer to the vest regarding critics.

It's a good movie, you should check it out. Definitely one of the better Marvel movies and a nice palate cleanser after Avengers 2.

I know, and I actually really love all the Cap movies (First Avenger is probably my favorite of the phase 1s other than maybe Iron Man). I'm sure I'd enjoy it. But it's just so inextricably linked in my head with the fanboy bullshit that I can't bring myself to spend the money, lol.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Some SS impressions say its Batman is the best ever, as it's very heroic, Can't wait.

Batfleck stealing the show yet again? <3 Just watch how he will be the best thing about the Wonder Woman movie as well

Tbh, after the critical savaging BvS got, I wouldn't be shocked if they play this even closer to the vest regarding critics.

I know, and I actually really love all the Cap movies (First Avenger is probably my favorite of the phase 1s other than maybe Iron Man). I'm sure I'd enjoy it. But it's just so inextricably linked in my head with the fanboy bullshit that I can't bring myself to spend the money, lol.

Sure, that could happen. That's why I'm really curious how they will handle these things in the future.

Also; if it makes you feel any better it's not a movie you NEED to see in the cinema. It's not Interstellar or something like that so there is that. Just watch it at home I guess.

Some SS impressions say its Batman is the best ever, as it's very heroic, Can't wait.
I can definitely see that. The brief glimpse in one of the trailers of
Bats carrying an unconscious Harley as well as diving after her into the water made me excited. I can definitely see Joker tossing Harley over to try and save his skin and Bruce goes to save Harley rather than risk her dying to stop Joker.

I hope that the Heros and Villans have consistent power levels(lack of a better term)

When I watched Civil War I was so confuse of how strong they were, they were all over the place. Kinda looking forward to Black Panter tho, but I really didn't like Creed so I'm skeptical right now.

I'm going to be honest, part of me wants to know if early viewers spoiled who Clint Eastwood's son is playing. He's probably Some Guy, but who knows! The actor pretending to be Green Lantern didn't even appear in BvS. No, not Tyrese. The other guy.

I hope that the Heros and Villans have consistent power levels(lack of a better term)

When I watched Civil War I was so confuse of how strong they were, they were all over the place. Kinda looking forward to Black Panter tho, but I really didn't like Creed so I'm skeptical right now.

wat

Anyway, consistent power levels are kind of a fantasy, wrt superheroes. Best to just hum the MST3K mantra to yourself and power on.

wat

Anyway, consistent power levels are kind of a fantasy, wrt superheroes. Best to just hum the MST3K mantra to yourself and power on.
Opinions. It wasn't as great as people were making it out to be. It's "ok".
Bummer because that was my most anticipated movie. Rocky was pretty good as always, don't even think Sly needs to act, just be himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom