• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck the TV shows. They're bad. Arrow is attrocius and I can see Flash going th same road. Barry Allen sucks so much.

Don't get me started on Supergirl. Benoist is awesome, but everything else freaking awful.

I really enjoy flash still but they've made Barry a moron too now. I'm glad they've kept the films in their own separate universe. I'm ready for another Barry and I wanna see how he stacks up. And hopefully nothing as moronic as his feud with zoom in season 2

MisterHero

The TV shows were good for establishing a multiverse. Seperation is a good thing, but imagine the crossovers!

Keaton Batman and Dean Cain Superman in new stories!

lol CW shows, even if I like Legends of Tomorrow

Penguin

I get their beef

But yeah I think, and they mention Marvel/SHIELD, if it was connected they'd have even less of these tools at their disposal

Ninjimbo

Ya know, I haven't watched Arrow since the end of Season 2. I'm curious to see how Felicity came to be so hated. I thought she was one of the better parts of what that show was doing.

IconGrist

Ya know, I haven't watched Arrow since the end of Season 2. I'm curious to see how Felicity came to be so hated. I thought she was one of the better parts of what that show was doing.

She was around that time. I loved Felicity and now she can utter a single line and kill the episode for me.

Azerth

im fine with the shows being separate, but what annoys me is that how even though they are separate the shows either have to kill off characters or cant even use them

MisterHero

im fine with the shows being separate, but what annoys me is that how even though they are separate the shows either have to kill off characters or cant even use them
I thought they would have learned from that TV/movie rights shit after DCAU/Smallville/The Batman, but... they didn't.

i think adding flash in addition to arrow (and then legends) stretched the writing staffs and producers too thin and the quality of arrow dropped considerably because of it. how much time are berlanti and co. really spending on these shows with their hands in so many different projects?

Boke1879

She was cool around that time because her relationship with Oliver felt organic and not forced. I feel the show writers and producers looked at the fan reaction and went too damn hard with it in later seasons. Felicity a lot of the time became the main focal point of plots.

The show became too much of her and Olivers relationship.

She was cool around that time because her relationship with Oliver felt organic and not forced. I feel the show writers and producers looked at the fan reaction and went too damn hard with it in later seasons. Felicity a lot of the time became the main focal point of plots.

the whole thing with oliver's child was soooo contrived. him keeping that a secret from her makes absolutely no sense.

oliver: i have a son i never knew about, please don't tell anyone that you know
felicity: okay

fin

Ninjimbo

She was around that time. I loved Felicity and now she can utter a single line and kill the episode for me.

Ahh, sounds like they did too much with it. Kind of like what happened with Harry Potter when it got to Book 6. The relationship was always teased and then it became the focus and it was corny.

Who wants to read some /tv/ rumours/fanfic?

- Shazam and The Flash will be swapping release dates. Channing Tatum is in final negotiations to play Shazam who was The Rock's personal choice to oppose him. The film will focus heavily on the origins of Black Adam and Billy Batson embracing his destiny as a hero.The Shazam film might not be the only appearance for Black Adam. The Rock has signed a three picture deal with Warner Bros.

- Darkseid is definitely the main villain of Justice League Part One. Steppenwolf will be doing most of the heavy lifting in the first act of the film. Black Canary and Green Lantern will both be in Justice League Part One. Black Canary's cameo is small.

- The Injustice League will be the villains for Justice League Part Two. Vandal Savage and Maxwell Lord have been discussed as possible team leaders. The studio wants a human threat after many aliens threats in a row.

- A Crime Syndicate movie is in development. Zack Snyder will be directing and will reunite with David Hayter and Alex Tse. The early plan is for the film to focus on the origins of the Crime Syndicate and the fall of the anti-matter universe at the hands of the Anti-God which leads to a Justice League film.

- The Suicide Squad sequel and Birds of Prey are in early stages of development. David Ayer is expected to return for Suicide Squad Two.

- The Man of Steel sequel is no longer on hold. The studio is interested in adapting Superman: Brainiac.

- Despite the heavy talks of a Booster Gold film, the project is far from being green lit.

- Geoff Johns wants most of the Green Lantern film to take place in space.

- The Cyborg film has been cancelled and Birds of Prey will be taking its release date.

- James Wan has expressed interest in Justice League Dark. The Aquaman film will have Ocean Master and the Trench as antagonist.

- The first trailer of Justice League will be shown for the first time exclusively with Fantastic Beast and Where To Find Them.

I'm so glad WB decided to keep the film and TV universes separate. Imagine Arrow season 4 happening in DCEU. A fate worse than David Goyer.

I can't say I'm glad about it not happening, but it doesn't need to happen either. It's not like the MCU gains anything by having the shows and movies tied in the same universe, only for the films to ignore the shows entirely.

Hell, even the TV shows don't seem to be really connected. Otherwise Jessica Jones could've been 3 episodes long and ended with the Agents of Shield characters capturing the big bad. It wouldn't even have been weird, because it turns out the AoS were capturing special people like him earlier in their season and with weird shit like that happening in NYC, it would clearly show up on their radar.

And while I understand that the TV actors and their colleagues are upset about the lack of recognition they get, it doesn't grant them first dips on the movie roles, nor should it be expected. As I've said in the Flash thread before, as much as I like Grant Gustin as Barry Allen (he plays a fantastic idiot), I'd rather have the possibility of two great Barry Allen than just one.

Garbage:

U5uAVD2sKKyieUviAEVjig315196

Awesome:

Suicide-Squad-Movie-Cast.jpg

Look at this:

0142c0d396574955a4f2ca9aa4f19cf7.jpg

katana%20arrow%20team.jpg

and then you have this:

tumblr_o18ecrxjdm1uez4p2o2_500.gif

new-suicide-squad-blitz-trailer-contains-a-katana-comic-book-easter-egg-and-it-s-devast-930246.jpg

Garbage:

latest

Awesome:

Suicide-Squad-Movie-Cast.jpg

Look at this:

0142c0d396574955a4f2ca9aa4f19cf7.jpg

katana%20arrow%20team.jpg

and then you have this:

tumblr_o18ecrxjdm1uez4p2o2_500.gif

new-suicide-squad-blitz-trailer-contains-a-katana-comic-book-easter-egg-and-it-s-devast-930246.jpg

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I don't think it's really fair to compare them. I wasn't a fan of the Squad on Arrow and thought Deadshot was super cheesy and hammy.

But the difference in budget and (pre-)production time is a real thing and it obviously shows.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I don't think it's really fair to compare them. I wasn't a fan of the Squad on Arrow and thought Deadshot was super cheesy and hammy.

But the difference in budget and (pre-)production time is a real thing and it obviously shows.

Yes, but the TV show actresses and actors are implying, that because they had to scrap Suicide Squad, the show has taken a hit in quality, but it always was not that great.

And the comparison shouldn't be taken seriously :)

fixed.

Seriously, I don't hate the TV shows, I enjoy Flash, but Arrow is so utter garbage and I can see The Flash heading that way.

Eh, I like 'em both okay.

I agree that they should definitely not have merged the 'verses, but similarly, it would've been better if they hadn't restricted use of certain characters. Don't make their Squad the only Squad, but do let them use it.

Yes, but the TV show actresses and actors are implying, that because they had to scrap Suicide Squad, the show has taken a hit in quality, but it always was not that great.

And the comparison shouldn't be taken seriously :)

The show certainly wouldn't have been worse, if they could still use the Squad, though. They even teases Harley, which got me a little excited and later confirmed it to be her with a behind-the-scenes shot.

iooTpvm.png

Like I said, I'm not against the separate universes. But it would be great if it would give us the possibility of different takes on the same characters, even if it doesn't end up great.

I like the four shows more than the movies so far, though I did enjoy both movies quite a bit, especially Man of Steel. I'm looking forward to Batman v Superman's Ultimate Edition, and Suicide Squad. I wish that the movies wouldn't restrict the shows in any way.

Anyway, here's all of the Suicide Squad Funko Pop! figures from what looks like the back of Katana's box. They should be out starting tomorrow.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I'm directing the Superman sequel.

It will be found footage and set in Hawaii.

Music will be Harry Gregson Williams.

Holy shit. Talk about a downgrade. From Zimmer to HGW. Good luck.

I"ll be doing GL. Ryan Gosling, Idris Elba, set in space, 2,5 hours, one shot like Birdman (or the illusion rather) and dark as fuck. I'm talking RFaD levels here. Cinematography by Roger Deakins. Rated NC-17.

strafer

Holy shit. Talk about a downgrade. From Zimmer to HGW. Good luck.

I"ll be doing GL. Ryan Gosling, Idris Elba, set in space, 2,5 hours, one shot like Birdman (or the illusion rather) and dark as fuck. I'm talking RFaD levels here. Cinematography by Roger Deakins. Rated NC-17.

the hell with you.

Harry a downgrade?....get the fuck outta here.

He's a genius.

I haven't paid attention to gaming this gen, are those current graphics? Because wow, they are almost getting movie like. Arkham Knight did look great in the little I saw of it.

Most impressive part of Knight to me was this great thing they did with the camera occasionally, player-controlled background scene changes. There was a Killing Joke reference that was just... magnifique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom