• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahasverus

Okay I'll admit, that made me chuckle.

Anyway, so how trustworthy is Verendus? (genuine question) Don't know the guy and after all the people that came out saying they have seen the movie, I have a hard time believing someone did and decided to post about it tbh. Those NDA's are scary as fuck from what I hear.
Very, he's the GOAT leaker. We knew of FF7R like 3 years or so? Before thanks to him. Developer and all.

Busty

Banned
Entertainment Weekly are reporting that Justice League will start shooting on the 11th of April just weeks after BvS opens.

Fans can be forgiven for wondering if they’d ever really get to see all of DC’s heroes on one side. But this time, there’s no doubt. It’s happening, and Snyder is currently in the U.K. prepping for the start.

Justice League will shoot at the Warner Bros. Leavesden studios in southeast England, as well as various locations around London and in Iceland. While this film is being designated Part 1, the follow-up installment is already on the studio’s release schedule for 2019, with standalone movies for The Flash and Aquaman.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/21/justice-league-starts-April-11

Busty

Banned
That doesn't give them much time to fire Zack and push back the movie for that Batman solo.... which is totally gonna happen. I read it online!

It's amazing to see all these posters who deem themselves 'film experts' just because they scan Deadline twice a week and follow Kevin Smith's Twitter feed.

Penguin

we should get official casting soon, no?

Well we know most of the players

So really probably the big bad and any additions, but we know the Justice League and some of the supporting characters (imagine Lois, Alfred, Steve will make appearances), we'll get to hear about my Queen though!

Pachimari

I really think Justice League is big enough a movie to have a production thread.

Man am I excited, so much that I almost can't contain it. I never liked any of Zack Snyders' movies, besides Watchmen (loved it), but my hype is real for Dawn of Justice and the Justice League.

Snyder's going to be pretty burnt out by the time he's finished Part 2. Glad to see it's going ahead though, as if it was ever in doubt.

Yeah I'm going to be really surprised if Zack continues after JL: Part 2.

4 franchise movies back to back, all that weight on his shoulders. It will be interesting to see who picks up after that, Wan might be a contender depending on how well Aquaman is received.

4 franchise movies back to back, all that weight on his shoulders. It will be interesting to see who picks up after that, Wan might be a contender depending on how well Aquaman is received.
I'm sure that with his millions he will be able to afford some nice vacations and passion projects.

Ahasverus

I bet on Ayer. Suicide Squad Is already getting praise from those in the know. Or Affleck himself.

IconGrist

I really think Justice League is big enough a movie to have a production thread.

Man am I excited, so much that I almost can't contain it. I never liked any of Zack Snyders' movies, besides Watchmen (loved it), but my hype is real for Dawn of Justice and the Justice League.

It is. One will likely get made when they start filming.

strafer

Do we really need one though?

Somebody should inform Snyder that he's fired.

tumblr_mzsfu8tbXR1rrkahjo4_250.gif

strafer

Holy receding hairline Superman! That said I don't think I'd care if I was as handsome as Henry Cavill.

If you don't care then why did you say it? ;P

EDIT:
Added a tongue to show that I was merely poking.

Well, I'm from the "Marvel camp" and I'm used to the whole production thread for each movie, but to be honest, they largely seem to be ignored.

That's because the Marvel ones are all positive and fun to read.

BadAss2961

Snyder's going to be pretty burnt out by the time he's finished Part 2. Glad to see it's going ahead though, as if it was ever in doubt.
I'm a little worried about him right now. Whedon lost his marbles during AOU, just his second Marvel movie. Zack is going on his third high pressure project back to back to back, all new titles more demanding than the last, and it doesn't even end there. While his creative energy and love for this genre beats Whedon's, everyone has their limit.

strafer

I'm a little worried about him right now. Whedon lost his marbles during AOU, just his second Marvel movie. Zack is going on his third high pressure project back to back to back, all new titles more demanding than the last, and it doesn't even end there. While his creative energy and love for this genre beats Whedon's, everyone has their limit.

Snyder will be fine. He has his wife and kid there on set. :p

Polarburr

If JL Part 1 will be based on Throne of Atlantis, what're your thoughts, guys? Mara to appear in JL and first film post JL is Aquaman. Seems the logical path to follow.

Ahasverus

So much fanservice. I love it.
If JL Part 1 will be based on Throne of Atlantis, what're your thoughts, guys? Mara to appear in JL and first film post JL is Aquaman. Seems the logical path to follow.
Yeah that's gonna be it. DC animated movies seem to be a test drive of their bigger counterparts (see Suicide Squad)

IconGrist

If the rumors of Arthur's cameo in BvS are true that definitely sounds like the most logical conclusion.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

That or New 52 JL vol 1 where the core members get together to fight a Darkseid invasion.

shingi70

Banned

It's hard to say if the Exhaustion was from doing the movies or just Whedon himself burning out. Should be interesting to see how Snyder and the Russo's fare doing 4 big budget films back to back.

It probably does help Snyder that the heavy lifting was finished in 2014 giving him a year break until Justice League Started filming.

Verendus

Banned
What are the story precedents for all of the members coming together? It seems pretty clear they're heading towards the Man of Chairs (that Darkseid guy), but is there any story precedent of Black Adam?

I figure Justice League 1 is going to be about the members coming together in some way, so they're probably going to use some kind of story where that's happened. I kind of want to see The Rock since Black Adam sounds interesting enough, and it's The Rock. He's an ancient Egyptian supervillain. Apocalypse is also an ancient Egyptian supervillain, so I'm all for that.

Maybe he's Justice League 1 and then Darkseid is Justice League 2. If he can't take on the entire Justice League by himself, maybe throw in Joker too or some other villain that works alongside him, since I figure Lex is out of commission until Man of Steel 2. I doubt they rush him back now.

This is actually kind of interesting. I have no idea where they can take this story over time.

What are the story precedents for all of the members coming together? It seems pretty clear they're heading towards the Man of Chairs (that Darkseid guy), but is there any story precedent of Black Adam?

I figure Justice League 1 is going to be about the members coming together in some way, so they're probably going to use some kind of story where that's happened. I kind of want to see The Rock since Black Adam sounds interesting enough, and it's The Rock. He's an ancient Egyptian supervillain. Apocalypse is also an ancient Egyptian supervillain, so I'm all for that.

Maybe he's Justice League 1 and then Darkseid is Justice League 2. If he can't take on the entire Justice League by himself, maybe throw in Joker too or some other villain that works alongside him, since I figure Lex is out of commission until Man of Steel 2. I doubt they rush him back now.

This is actually kind of interesting. I have no idea where they can take this story over time.

You have seen the movie. We will analyze all of your posts from now on.

Ahasverus

I agree with you, but I think Darkseid is coming in JL1 and JL2 will be Throne of Atlantis, a story where Aquaman's evil broher uses Darkseid's invasion as an excuse to go to war. In the comics, the League is formed because of Darkseid.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I like the idea of Darkseid being the bad guy in JL1 and that the team just barely manages to stop his invasion, which is what happens in the first volume of the New 52 Justice League Geoff Johns run.

It allows them to introduce Darkseid front and center as the ultimate bad guy in the DCEU and also gives plenty of reason for the heroes to decide to form a team after the Darkseid attempt at invading the planet

also the rumored sypnosys is...

The world’s greatest heroes are assembled to form the Justice League, to combat a threat beyond each individual’s capabilities. The story involves Darkseid planning the destruction of Earth by blasting it with a ray that’ll move Apokolips into the Earth’s place.

http://dccomicsmovie.com/justice-league-part-one-production-date-plot-synopsis-and-villain-revealed/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom