• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

IconGrist

Lol now I'm sad :( I thought Terrio was more intelligent than this.

Doomsday was never meant to be more than someone that can go toe to toe with Supes. He's not intelligent, can't speak, can't even really think. Even in the comics Doomsday traveled literally in a straight line and destroyed/killed whatever was in his way. If the one in the movie has any sense of style it's more than what he got on paper.

Not counting when Braniac possessed him or the few times they have nerfed him and tried to make him interesting. The New52 version was awful. I hated that whole Doomed arc. At least the parts involving him. Wonder Woman's struggle to help Clark was pretty good.

Ahasverus

Doomsday was never meant to be more than someone that can go toe to toe with Supes. He's not intelligent, can't speak, can't even really think. Even in the comics Doomsday traveled literally in a straight line and destroyed/killed whatever was in his way. If the one in the movie has any sense of style it's more than what he got on paper.
I'm not talking about Doomsday himself. I repeat myself:
I know, it's just the feeling of "generic blockbuster" creeping in. We're not getting a new Dark Knight anymore are we? Not even a Watchmen.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Lol now I'm sad :( I thought Terrio was smarter than this. I hate dumb third acts, but i suppose that's the norm now. Hopefully the rest of the movie has at least a bit of heart and intelligence Thanks again Ver.

He is crappy villain, even the Justice League cartoon made fun of him.

But he is a big enough physical threat to forced a team up between Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman.

He is perfect for this film.

Verendus

Banned
8Hky4rV.gif

Supes will give The Rock a beatdown
Goddamn.

That could be The Rock and Superman. This would be the one way to make sure I watch Shazam before it releases on home video. This right here would need to be witnessed. I want Rocky to lay the smackdown though.

ryan299

Amboyer isn't GL, he's Shazam lol. Rock says he's shooting Baywatch, Fast 8 and Rampage over the next 12 months.

Official release here:
Cb1dj_mW4AIAubJ.jpg

Cb1dj_kWEAAsN2M.jpg

I want The Flash film to open around the Flash museum. Cameo from Bruce Wayne, who donated towards it, and Clark Kent covering it for the Daily Planet. That's it. No Batman or Superman. They go get coffee and let Barry have his day.

For Black Adam, I'm into the proposed heel turn idea. He fights with the Justice League in JL1, but he's unstable and you start to see his warped view of heroism. 2018 you get Shazam's origin, fighting against Black Adam. Shazam replaces him in JL2.

IconGrist

Goddamn.

That could be The Rock and Superman. This would be the one way to make sure I watch Shazam before it releases on home video. This right here would need to be witnessed.

That's a cool scene but even as a huge Superman fan I'm fairly certain Adam would make Superman his bitch. He's a JL level threat.

Verendus

Banned
That's a cool scene but even as a huge Superman fan I'm fairly certain Adam would make Superman his bitch. He's a JL level threat.
I thought he was just Superman level. This is exactly what I want to hear though. I want that Black Adam build and tease.

One of the things I'm kind of disappointed with about X-Men Apocalypse is that they seem to be doing that story in one movie, and I really like the whole ancient villain trope and enjoy the build up of the looming threat. You can't really do that if you have a lot of characters in one movie. One movie to build it up, and one movie to bring it home should be enough in this case. Maybe Shazam and Justice League 2 can work together then. I don't know.

I'm still incredibly excited for that movie, but I hope they build to Black Adam in that case. If he's the first superhero, the superficial similarities continue to grow. I'll get my Apocalypse this way too. They're going to need some big threat after Darkseid, so hopefully they build him up well if he's that big of a threat.

Just go all in.

We will not see The Flash in costume, which makes me sad.

Could the explosion thing in the trailers, either the doomsday lightning thing or the red explosion be the birth of The Flash somehow?

Little bit late to this, but I'd prefer Darkseid isn't the big bad in JL1. I get that they had it that way in the N52, but that was kind of a misstep; first JL arc was pretty mediocre.
I get that they shouldn't Thanos him, where he's just got his fat ass in a chair for 6 movies, but JL1 is just too early.

Dude needs to get sold properly. His first appearance should be him absolutely destroying everybody. I'd almost say they should do a 2-parter with a Rock of Ages sort of deal, have his first invasion succeed and the heroes end up having to go back in time to come out on top. But that feels a little bit cheap too, I guess.

Throne of Atlantis might work for JL1. That could be cool. Not sure what they do with the Aquaman solo movie in that case, though.

8Hky4rV.gif

Supes will give The Rock a beatdown

Looking at it, he's a great Superman villain because he's essentially what Superman is but taking his philosophy a step further, with his role in society becoming more of a protective dictator or ruler than a reactive benefactor. Then the power set makes him intimidating, matching Superman in most aspects, as well as having a magical component that gives him an edge.

He's one of those few villains that overshadow their counterpart completely, like Dr. Doom does and sometimes Joker does for some fans. Still I think a Shazam movie would be a great addition to DC"s line up if they keep it whimsical and charming, the addition of magic would give it a distinct feeling.

I thought he was just Superman level. This is exactly what I want to hear though. I want that Black Adam build and tease.

He is around Superman's level, he doesn't usually hold back. I don't think he'd be able to take on the Core 7 (especially with Martian Manhunter over Cyborg) but I don't think Superman would take him on without some help. If they used him in a movie, he'd probably need a couple partners, unless they want to amp him up with all of the Wizard's power.

Error

I'm reading that right? A BvS limited edition cover for BIRTH.MOVIES.DEATH? Haven't they shat on this movie like... since it was announced? Also didn't even know they had a mag.

Error

Whatever happened to early fan screenings after the teaser got leaked, is that still a thing?

Whatever happened to early fan screenings after the teaser got leaked, is that still a thing?

Well, we put our emails on the card. I believe it said expect a response by February. As of today, there's been no communication about it since. Not even an email confirming our submissions.

Magwik

Banned
Well, we put our emails on the card. I believe it said expect a response by February. As of today, there's been no communication about it since. Not even an email confirming our submissions.
I don't think they can give us any info until tickets go on sale and all of that is set in stone.

I don't have any strong choices for Shazam. John Cena is cheesy fun but I don't think he'd be able to be more than a one trick pony.

Alan Ritchson looks the part, I'm not familiar with his work. I'd be fine if they go with an unknown, so long as it works.

guek

Banned
Channing Tatum is the Shazam we deserve. Too bad he's probly tied up with Fox as Gambit :/

Barf. I don't hate Tatum but I don't think he's a good enough actor to get him right.

Dwayne Johnson was an inspired pick for Black Adam but he also kinda forces them into a corner when it comes to casting Shazam. Tatum, for example, would look tiny up there next to him. Pretty much everyone would.

Penguin

Barf. I don't hate Tatum but I don't think he's a good enough actor to get him right.

Dwayne Johnson was an inspired pick for Black Adam but he also kinda forces them into a corner when it comes to casting Shazam. Tatum, for example, would look tiny up there next to him. Pretty much everyone would.

A child in a man's body?

I mean that's Tatum's bread and butter!

Though would love to see Cena/Rock since Cena has proven to have decent comedic chops and already built like a superhero.

Ahasverus

You people know WB can't keep signing those super high calibre actors for everything right? JL can't be the most expensive film ever lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom