• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

shingi70

Banned
What are the story precedents for all of the members coming together? It seems pretty clear they're heading towards the Man of Chairs (that Darkseid guy), but is there any story precedent of Black Adam?

I figure Justice League 1 is going to be about the members coming together in some way, so they're probably going to use some kind of story where that's happened. I kind of want to see The Rock since Black Adam sounds interesting enough, and it's The Rock. He's an ancient Egyptian supervillain. Apocalypse is also an ancient Egyptian supervillain, so I'm all for that.

Maybe he's Justice League 1 and then Darkseid is Justice League 2. If he can't take on the entire Justice League by himself, maybe throw in Joker too or some other villain that works alongside him, since I figure Lex is out of commission until Man of Steel 2. I doubt they rush him back now.

This is actually kind of interesting. I have no idea where they can take this story over time.

Honestly, Black Adam doesn't really work in a Justice League movie without Shazam. I know people like him but when introducing him you sort of have to have Billy along for the ride.

Per Justice League Baddies I'd go with

Starro
Kanjar Ro
Mongul
Braniac

Ahasverus

It's kinda funny. No one really cared when he saw MoS early and now it's like "TELL ME EVERYTHIIIIING".

He liked it as far as I can tell and that's about all I need to know.

Yeah, me too. I am just scared that I will sit nervous in the movie theatre at the first viewing. Hopefully the week before the release is positive.

Pachimari

I wonder where they will slot in The Batman if it is coming. I really want one now that Ben Affleck is Bruce Wayne, but I hope it won't push back The Flash, as that's my most anticipated by far. He's my favorite DC hero.

Polarburr

That or New 52 JL vol 1 where the core members get together to fight a Darkseid invasion.

Darkseid would seem to be the obvious choice. But it just seems too quick. Itll be an invasion out of nowhere. Aquaman in BvS seems to be the perfect set up for Throne of Atlantis. Haha! I'm honestly hyped AF if its Throne of Atlantis. It'll be a damn unique way of being different from Avengers since its also an alien invasion.

And it'll also hype up Aquamans solo movie. Haha

shingi70

Banned
I like the idea of Darkseid being the bad guy in JL1 and that the team just barely manages to stop his invasion, which is what happens in the first volume of the New 52 Justice League Geoff Johns run.

It allows them to introduce Darkseid front and center as the ultimate bad guy in the DCEU and also gives plenty of reason for the heroes to decide to form a team after the Darkseid attempt at invading the planet

also the rumored sypnosys is...

The world’s greatest heroes are assembled to form the Justice League, to combat a threat beyond each individual’s capabilities. The story involves Darkseid planning the destruction of Earth by blasting it with a ray that’ll move Apokolips into the Earth’s place.

http://dccomicsmovie.com/justice-league-part-one-production-date-plot-synopsis-and-villain-revealed/

Isn't this the plot to the last season of Smallville?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Darkseid would seem to be the obvious choice. But it just seems too quick. Itll be an invasion out of nowhere. Aquaman in BvS seems to be the perfect set up for Throne of Atlantis. Haha! I'm honestly hyped AF if its Throne of Atlantis. It'll be a damn unique way of being different from Avengers since its also an alien invasion.

And it'll also hype up Aquamans solo movie. Haha

Throne of Atlantis could work, would love to see Black Manta in live-action.

Polarburr

I like the idea of Darkseid being the bad guy in JL1 and that the team just barely manages to stop his invasion, which is what happens in the first volume of the New 52 Justice League Geoff Johns run.

It allows them to introduce Darkseid front and center as the ultimate bad guy in the DCEU and also gives plenty of reason for the heroes to decide to form a team after the Darkseid attempt at invading the planet

also the rumored sypnosys is...

The world’s greatest heroes are assembled to form the Justice League, to combat a threat beyond each individual’s capabilities. The story involves Darkseid planning the destruction of Earth by blasting it with a ray that’ll move Apokolips into the Earth’s place.

http://dccomicsmovie.com/justice-league-part-one-production-date-plot-synopsis-and-villain-revealed/

The team barely surviving in JL 1 would be pretty damn awesome to see actually.

IconGrist

Yeah, me too. I am just scared that I will sit nervous in the movie theatre at the first viewing. Hopefully the week before the release is positive.

I guess I'm easy to please. I just want the movie to entertain me. I don't need it to make me have some deep psychological inner thought about the state of the world. Or be Oscar bait. I liked Lucy quite a bit though so what do I know. Everyone I know hated that movie, lol.

Verendus

Banned
I agree with you, but I think Darkseid is coming in JL1 and JL2 will be Throne of Atlantis, a story where Aquaman's evil broher uses Darkseid's invasion as an excuse to go to war. In the comics, the League is formed because of Darkseid.
Is there any story precedent for Darkseid resulting in their formation though? This is, like, my one hope they don't use him in JL1. They always use comic stories in some shape or form so if it's not there, it might not happen. He seems like he's too obvious so I thought they might wait a movie to bring him in. Isn't he their big bad?

I wouldn't mind it since Darkseid seems pretty straightforward coming off BvS, and it's not like I want to wait five movies, but I just kind of want The Rock vs. Superman and Batman. That ancient villain trope is my thing.

If JL Part 1 will be based on Throne of Atlantis, what're your thoughts, guys? Mara to appear in JL and first film post JL is Aquaman. Seems the logical path to follow.
Just googled this.

This story has JL already formed, but they could do this too if they just change it to the catalyst for the Justice League members finally coming together. I don't like this. I don't like this at all. (That's a lie. I still like it since it sounds pretty feasible, but I want that Rocky villain.)

So either this or Darkseid taking place in JL1 and JL2. Man, leave it to Aquaman to always ruin things.

What is this The Rock supposed to be doing? I'm pretty sure he was announced before pretty much everyone except Superman, right?

I guess I'm easy to please. I just want the movie to entertain me. I don't need it to make me have some deep psychological inner thought about the state of the world. Or be Oscar bait. I liked Lucy quite a bit though so what do I know. Everyone I know hated that movie, lol.

I don't need that either, but I cannot say that negative opinions hasn't affected my enjoyment :/

Just googled this.

This story has JL already formed, but they could do this too if they just change it to the catalyst for the Justice League members finally coming together. I don't like this. I don't like this at all.

So either this or Darkseid taking place in JL1 and JL2. Man, leave it to Aquaman to always ruin things.

Why has The Rock been casted? What is this dude supposed to be doing? I'm pretty sure he was announced before pretty much everyone except Superman, right?

Rock is Captain Marvel I think.

Shazam-W001.jpg

Verendus

Banned
Rock is Captain Marvel I think.
He's said he's Black Adam though. Although his words also make it seem like he isn't appearing in Justice League or anytime soon. I don't know why I get my hopes up. I should've checked that first.

I think Polarburr is spot on though. Dude just ruined everything. I figure it's Aquaman and his peeps being problematic, and Darkseid for the first two JL movies. It fits in pretty well.

Oh sorry, Shazam has not been casted then ? Who should play him?

Edit: I know nothing about Black Adam.
Edit2: The Rock playing a supervillain ? I don't see that.

Ahasverus

He's said he's Black Adam though. Although his words also make it seem like he isn't appearing in Justice League or anytime soon. I don't know why I get my hopes up. I should've checked that first.

I think Polarburr is spot on though. Dude just ruined everything. I figure it's Aquaman and his peeps being problematic, and Darkseid for the first two JL movies. It fits in pretty well.
I actually thought Black Adam was appearing in BvS as there is supposedly a scene in Khandaq? That's his place.

Adam is the first superhero so I guess they're using him as a myth of sorts, like Apocalypse. Maybe in some conjunction with Darkseid.

Error

You should try Geoff Johns run, the story is great and the art is incredible specially the coloring. I'm not going to shit you, Geoff Johns run of Aquaman is probably one of the best looking comic books I've ever seen.

some quick samples

Polarburr

Just googled this.

This story has JL already formed, but they could do this too if they just change it to the catalyst for the Justice League members finally coming together. I don't like this. I don't like this at all. (That's a lie. I still like it since it sounds pretty feasible, but I want that Rocky villain.)

What is this The Rock supposed to be doing? I'm pretty sure he was announced before pretty much everyone except Superman, right?

Give the animated movie a shot. It's not as good as War but damn that would look great in live action.

But yeah that's how I see things building up for BvS-JL-Aquaman.

Then Flash follows after. Flash accidentally time travels to the future (way past JL 2. JL lost), fights whoever baddie there is and end stinger is him going back to present time and telling the League Darkseid is coming.

Wishful thinking. But hyped as hell!

Ahasverus

I wish we were getting Flashpoint, the Waynes are so well casted for /that/ scene. Kingdom come is my priority for the closer movie though.

Verendus

Banned
This is what google says is the movie order:

BvS --> Suicide Squad --> Wonder Woman --> Justice League 1 --> The Flash --> Aquaman --> Shazam --> Justice League 2.

As long as Aquaman doesn't bring his story into JL1 (Godzilla please help), then there is hope for The Rock in JL2 since that Shazam movie is right there before it. They'll just need to get Darkseid out of the way in the first movie.

Time to begin balee'in. I figure I have until the official announcement of Justice League. As long as it's the Man of Chairs, and it does seem like it's him, we're in business. Then The Rock vs. Superman and Batman has a chance. I've got no issue with Aquaman, but I want that Rock presence sooner rather than later.

There is a different issue though. I'd really like Batman, Man of Steel 2, and another Batman and Superman movie with just those two. If they don't rearrange things, that means it could be years before that happens. Either they need to pump out another movie per year, or someone needs to be sacrificed here, and I'm kind of looking at Shazam.

So many conflicted feelings. I have no idea what I want anymore.

You should try Geoff Johns run, the story is great and the art is incredible specially the coloring. I'm not going to shit you, Geoff Johns run of Aquaman is probably one of the best looking comic books I've ever seen.

some quick samples
The most interesting thing about an Aquaman movie is that it could be pretty amazing visually.

Penguin

Is there any story precedent for Darkseid resulting in their formation though? This is, like, my one hope they don't use him in JL1. They always use comic stories in some shape or form so if it's not there, it might not happen. He seems like he's too obvious so I thought they might wait a movie to bring him in. Isn't he their big bad?

I wouldn't mind it since Darkseid seems pretty straightforward coming off BvS, and it's not like I want to wait five movies, but I just kind of want The Rock vs. Superman and Batman. That ancient villain trope is my thing.

Darkseid is responsible for the formation of the team in the nu52 and the adaption Justice League War

And honestly, kind of what I thought they might have used for the backbone of the new universe

Is there seriously no fast food promotion for Batman v Superman?
I guess that era is really over.

I want my glass mugs damnit.

Just googled this.

Why do you keep mentioning the rock, you're making me anxious.

I kind of want to know if he's in BvS as Black Adam, but if he is actually in it, I don't want to know :(

Ahasverus

There is a different issue though. I'd really like Batman, Man of Steel 2, and another Batman and Superman movie with just those two. If they don't rearrange things, that means it could be years before that happens. Either they need to pump out another movie per year, or someone needs to be sacrificed here, and I'm kind of looking at Shazam.

So many conflicted feelings. I have no idea what I want anymore.
They are SO scrapping Cyborg.

Verendus

Banned
I want my glass mugs damnit.

Why do you keep mentioning the rock, you're making me anxious.

I kind of want to know if he's in BvS as Black Adam, but if he is actually in it, I don't want to know :(
Don't be nervous dude. I'm not a dick that I'd ruin something like that.

I'm just a fan of the guy, and would like to see him with a proper role opposite Superman and Batman. I've been hearing about him in these movies for so long now that I'd like to see him in a major role pretty soon. Partly because I'm curious to see if he can actually pull it off as a villain.

Plus, The Rock and Superman beating the crap out of each other is quite appealing. BvS doesn't quite scratch that itch for Superman going toe to toe with another superhuman. Handicap matches don't really count.

I feel like checking out these animated movies, but then I feel like I should wait in case they actually use these storylines in the movies. I'd rather not know that much.

a916

The Rock posted his entire work schedule for the year... there's no way in hell he's doing Justice League Part 1 with the amount of tv shows, movies, and voicework and THEN doing Justice League on top of that.

I want Black Adam to be in as the foil for MOS2 or even JL1, but JL1 seems to not line up with his schedule.

Polarburr

The Rock posted his entire work schedule for the year... there's no way in hell he's doing Justice League Part 1 with the amount of tv shows, movies, and voicework and THEN doing Justice League on top of that.

I want Black Adam to be in as the foil for MOS2 or even JL1, but JL1 seems to not line up with his schedule.

Yup, no way is Rock going to be in JL 1. JL 2, sure. But that'll be Darkseid most likely.

Verendus

Banned
Waiiit don't tell me Doomsday is a jobber. Why is he even in the movie goddamn it.
He's not a jobber. It's still the best action scene in the movie. It's not just Superman beating on him though. It's more chaotic and over the top.

I want a one on one fist fight like against Zod, but much better. Something more violent and physical.

Don't be nervous dude. I'm not a dick that I'd ruin something like that.

I'm just a fan of the guy, and would like to see him with a proper role opposite Superman and Batman. I've been hearing about him in these movies for so long now that I'd like to see him in a major role pretty soon. Partly because I'm curious to see if he can actually pull it off as a villain.

Plus, The Rock and Superman beating the crap out of each other is quite appealing. BvS doesn't quite scratch that itch for Superman going toe to toe with another superhuman. Handicap matches don't really count.

I feel like checking out these animated movies, but then I feel like I should wait in case they actually use these storylines in the movies. I'd rather not know that much.

I'm anxious that I want him in the movie, or atleast teased :p.

I don't care if you spoil at this point really. For me the meat of the movie is seeing it all go down, not so much the plot points.

If you want an animated movie with a lot of punching, check out Superman/Shazam Return of Black Adam. I also like Crisis on Two Earths.

52 is the definitive comic book story for Black Adam, as well as being a great story overall. I'd recommend everyone to read it at some point.

Error

Superman can just show up in the Shazam movie and him and Shazam go up against Black Adamn.

Isn't Superman Billy Batson's idol? Having Superman in the Shazam movie would be kind of cool.

Ahasverus

He's not a jobber. It's still the best action scene in the movie. It's not just Superman beating on him though. It's more chaotic and over the top.

I want a one on one fist fight like against Zod, but much better. Something more violent and physical.
That's great to know. The most important thing for me is that he should serve a purpose different from "generic action beat of the third act". Thanks Ver.
I don't care if you spoil at this point really. For me the meat of the movie is seeing it all go down, not so much the plot points.
Same here, it's like reading a comic plot in Wikipedia, it's no just the same without the imagery.

Verendus

Banned
Superman can just show up in the Shazam movie and him and Shazam go up against Black Adamn.

Isn't Superman Billy Batson's idol? Having Superman in the Shazam movie would be kind of cool.
Oh, I like this idea too. This works. This is actually pretty perfect. Unless Shazam is a really interesting character, this would be a great way to introduce him.

That's great to know. The most important thing for me is that he should serve a purpose different from "generic action beat of the third act". Thanks Ver.

Same here, it's like reading a comic plot in Wikipedia, it's no just the same without the imagery.
I'm not sure what you mean by that, so maybe I gave the wrong impression, but he's basically there to be an action sequence. It's a great one, but he's just some monster at the end of the day. Luthor is the main villain.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement

I am hanging on your every post at this point Verendus. Just so you know.

IconGrist

Since Superman and Batman are so close it would be nice if they cameo in each other's movies. Like as someone for them to vent to about whatever situation they are dealing with.

Ahasverus

I'm not sure what you mean by that, so maybe I gave the wrong impression, but he's basically there to be an action sequence. It's a great one, but he's just some monster at the end of the day. Luthor is the main villain.
Lol now I'm sad :( I thought Terrio was smarter than this. I hate dumb third acts, but i suppose that's the norm now. Hopefully the rest of the movie has at least a bit of heart and intelligence Thanks again Ver.

The rock did say he thinks the movie will be released in 2018, but I'm not relying on that too much.

I do like that he's enthusiastic about the role, similar to Reynold and Deadpool.

Anyway the thing I don't like about Darkseid being the first JL villain is that either you set him up to be a joke if he's handily defeated and returns later, or you just up the ante tremendously and have to go full in with anti-monitor and multiverse shenanigans, and I'm not sure they're ready to do that so soon. The Darkseid in the new 52 JL origin was the only terrible part of it imo, defeated way too easily and made him look like some generic monster.

I do like the idea that Black Adam would be working with him, maybe he cuts a deal with Darkseid (in ancient Egypt, who comes to worship him as a sort of God) to spare Earth, and that's where the anti-hero aspect comes into play, with JL: Part One focusing on the league vs Black Adam, and ends with a cliff hanger where Darkseid starts his invasion beginning with Khandaq (as seen in the knightmare sequence).

But like you all are saying, The Rock's schedule would contradict any plans of that.

Pachimari

To me it stills sounds like Doomsday is only there for the big action battle in act 3. But maybe I read his post wrong, and that he indeed isn't a jobber.

[edit]
Seems like I read it the right way. So Doomsday will basically just show up in the third act to be the action sequence. I don't know how I feel about those scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom