• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

So thanks to Reddit, and probably old arse info, I learned that not only is "The Flying Fox" the name of a Bat... it is a scary as hell looking creature

C155QHLXAAA5YJT.jpg

a916

I had no internet in the last 3 weeks... what did I miss?! Is Batfleck done? Shazam was teased once more, how many cycles of the DCEU is doomed have we gone through? What's the status update on Cavill's hairline?

IconGrist

I had no internet in the last 3 weeks... what did I miss?! Is Batfleck done? Shazam was teased once more, how many cycles of the DCEU is doomed have we gone through? What's the status update on Cavill's hairline?

Cavill is full bald now. Refuses to wear a wig. WB decided to make him an alternate world Luthor who murdered the real Superman when he was a newborn.

a916

How the fuck???

I recently moved to a new house, where the technician bothered to not show up first, then came back a week later saying they need to drop a wire from the pole... and then decide he didn't want to ring a door bell the third time and decide we weren't home. It was rough but kind of nice too.

BadAss2961

Cycle of doom has been just about daily.

a916

God damn he's looked like such a sad mess since him and his wife split

Hope it's just deceiving appearances and he's doing alright

I think so... he may just be a dude that doesn't care what he looks like and slums it around. He cleaned up nicely for Kimmel and sounded happy.

J_Viper

I think so... he may just be a dude that doesn't care what he looks like and slums it around. He cleaned up nicely for Kimmel and sounded happy.

Could just be he knows how to snap into that "showtime" mode when he needs to

If Ben is having issues with booze, then a delay for Batman makes even more sense. The best HGH in the world couldn't get him back in shape by March.

Hope he pulls through, and that Live by Night doesn't bomb too hard

His workload over the past year doesn't help (or maybe it did by keeping him busy).

Live By Night filming, BvS press, Justice League filming, Justice League fixing, Live By Night post production , The Accountant press, Live By Night Press, and writing/prepping The Batman. Some of those overlap too.

BadAss2961

God damn he's looked like such a sad mess since him and his wife split

Hope it's just deceiving appearances and he's doing alright
Was thinking the same thing.

The contrast in that picture is kinda funny. She's holding him with this big smile on her face, and he's just standing there all slouched like his dog just died.
His workload over the past year doesn't help (or maybe it did by keeping him busy).

Live By Night filming, BvS press, Justice League filming, Justice League fixing, Live By Night post production , The Accountant press, Live By Night Press, and writing/prepping The Batman. Some of those overlap too.

Then the press doesn't give a shit about his other movies and pet projects. Yeah yeah that's cool and all, but when the fuck is Batman coming out?

a916

For his workload, how the hell does he not have bags under his eyes? I don't take Ben for a guy who would care enough to get injections either.

Then the press doesn't give a shit about his other movies and pet projects. Yeah yeah that's cool and all, but when the fuck is Batman coming out?

He signed up for that and knew it was coming. However, I do feel there is probably some resentment there because you have to believe with the whole Justice League fiasco (shooting and rumored to be helping with ongoing rewrites with Johns), he didn't have a chance to devote all of his time and energy to Live By Night which probably got hurt because of it.

Also, most of these interviews, Batman is the final closing question. It's not like people are dropping that as their opening question. It's usually when they get the signal to wrap it up and they fit it in.

For his workload, how the hell does he not have bags under his eyes? I don't take Ben for a guy who would care enough to get injections either.

It's pretty clear he got botox injections for Live By Night. He had a strange looking face for a good couple months until it started to wear off when he was doing BvS press.

Cheebo

Banned

He had the Account and Account press mixed in there too

IconGrist

It's got to make him feel good though. Considering the reactions he got when he was announced as Batman. Now people are losing their minds over the excitement of a Batfleck movie.

BadAss2961

It's got to make him feel good though. Considering the reactions he got when he was announced as Batman. Now people are losing their minds over the excitement of a Batfleck movie.
You'd think so, but he looks stressed about the situation every time it comes up.

I like him being in this place as an actor, but it's probably tough on him as a director with all the pressure and crazy workload on his shoulders.

So, Hiram Garcia, producer of Shazam, had a meeting with DC today about Shazam and Black Adam. Interesting.

https://twitter.com/hhgarcia41/status/819047587739074560

haha got so excited when I saw that in the DC subreddit because thought they were finally doing an ongoing.

This film is such a will they or won't they for me. If it didn't have the Rock starring in it I'd be a lot more concerned. Still not convinced cyborg is still in the works.

a916

haha got so excited when I saw that in the DC subreddit because thought they were finally doing an ongoing.

This film is such a will they or won't they for me. If it didn't have the Rock starring in it I'd be a lot more concerned. Still not convinced cyborg is still in the works.

The Rock just instagrammed something outside the DC offices too... seems like something is definitely brewing and Black Adam and Shazam might be introduced in MOS2. Might be a really nice way to do it without outright have a Shazam movie.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
The Rock just instagrammed something outside the DC offices too... seems like something is definitely brewing and Black Adam and Shazam might be introduced in MOS2. Might be a really nice way to do it without outright have a Shazam movie.
A young Billy Batson idolizing Superman and being his biggest fan boy? I could dig that.

Penguin

Might as well post the text

Had a very cool and strategic meeting with the heads of DC about their entire universe. As a hard core DC fan, to get a real sense of the tonal shifts and developments coming in these future movies has me fired up. Something we, as DC fans have all been waiting for for a very long time.
Hope, optimism & FUN.
Even when talking about the the most ruthless villain/anti-hero of all time finally coming to life. Prepare yourselves DC Universe.

SJRB

Gold Member
Yes! For the love of god.

Sometimes I feel like the only person who thought BvS was a hopeful movie.

It's not about hope, it's about fun.

fun fun fun fun

Are you having fun? No? Well no more serious movies then. Batman has to throw out a random chuckle-worthy one-liner at least once every 10 minutes. Flash is nice and goofy like a young kid while Aquaman is the grumpy guy with a heart of gold. Cyborg makes a lot of "blue screen of death" jokes and other windows references, so people understand the jokes and thus have fun. "OOPS SOMETHING WENT WRONG ERROR CODE 4343342" and Batman says "I hate when that happens with the Batcomputer too" HAHAHA and Aquaman rolls his eyes and sighs and does grumpy things HAHAHAHA and Wonder Woman says "what is computer" HAHAHA and Flash says "I can't escape from this nightmare" HAHAHA see: fun!

Yager

Banned

fun fun fun fun

Are you having fun? No? Well no more serious movies then. Batman has to throw out a random chuckle-worthy one-liner at least once every 10 minutes. Flash is nice and goofy like a young kid while Aquaman is the grumpy guy with a heart of gold. Cyborg makes a lot of "blue screen of death" jokes and other windows references, so people understand the jokes and thus have fun. "OOPS SOMETHING WENT WRONG ERROR CODE 4343342" and Batman says "I hate when that happens with the Batcomputer too" HAHAHA and Aquaman rolls his eyes and sighs and does grumpy things HAHAHAHA and Wonder Woman says "what is computer" HAHAHA and Flash says "I can't escape from this nightmare" HAHAHA see: fun!

I can totatlly see this happening.

fun fun fun fun

kill me. but have fun doing it.

firelogic

I don't understand why people, in general, are so averse to variety. The primary example people use when explaining why they don't like the DCEU films is that they're basically not MCU movies. They're not bright and colourful with quippy lines every minute. What's wrong with that? We have over a dozen MCU movies for that kind of experience. Why add to that pile with the DCEU? WB of course wants all those quippy dollars that Disney is raking in but I really wish they'd stick to their guns and stay the course but it doesn't look like they will.

With regards to Shazam, wasn't the early scuttlebutt saying that it would be a standalone movie, not connected to the DCEU because of different rights holders or something?

Raptor

fun fun fun fun

That sounds like pure garbage.

BadAss2961

Get over it. People shit on DC all over this forum. Go whine about it over there too.

This is the DCEU OT. Here we shit on the MCU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom