• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjimbo

So basically, nobody knows anything yet about JL? Good. When that trailer comes out...then we'll know what we're in for. Until then, let's all chill like Mr. Freeze.

The bits about Batman in that article, I kind of don't want Ben to direct it now if it means he's going into production with all that stress buildup. I don't know how much a workload it is to direct, act, and write one of these movies but from all the directors I've seen take on one of these, they come out of one film absolutely fried. If Ben can get a second director in there to take a load off, I would be more confident.

If not that, I'm honestly fine with a delay to give Ben all the time he needs.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Cross post from The Batman thread-

Mark Hughes weighs in on The Batman and Justice League.

Here's the bit about JL. The rest is pretty much about what is going on with Affleck and production of The Batman.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug...s-not-ready-to-begin-production/#2438b5517e01
So what I'm reading here is that the thread in the OT should be locked now that we have confirmation from 2 credible sources (Affleck on Kimmel last night and Hughes) debunking those other 2 obnoxious rumors.

Raptor

So basically, nobody knows anything yet about JL? Good. When that trailer comes out...then we'll know what we're in for. Until then, let's all chill like Mr. Freeze.

The bits about Batman in that article, I kind of don't want Ben to direct it now if it means he's going into production with all that stress buildup. I don't know how much a workload it is to direct, act, and write one of these movies but from all the directors I've seen take on one of these, they come out of one film absolutely fried. If Ben can get a second director in there to take a load off, I would be more confident.

I can guaranteed it will suck.

You agree?

guek

Banned
You hear that, Cheebo!

nOLKIk5.gif

Cheebo

Banned
So you trust someone who hasn't had a scoop since the early Nolan days instead?

You trust someone who proclaimed Suicide Squad would be a film with a warm reception similar to Guardians of the Galaxies and have mostly positive reviews?

At least Jett has HAD a scoop. Hughes is just a random Forbes contributor without a single scoop to his name so far that has been ever validated who staked his name this summer on Suicide Squad not being a mess.

You trust someone who proclaimed Suicide Squad would be a film with a warm reception similar to Guardians of the Galaxies and have mostly positive reviews?

At least Jett has HAD a scoop. Hughes is just a random Forbes contributor without a single scoop to his name so far that has been ever validated who staked his name this summer on Suicide Squad not being a mess.

Where did I say I trusted him? I didn't. I think Mark Hughes is full of shit most of the time too.

The point I was trying to make was the ridiculous notion of how someone is more right than the other based on which way you want to interpret the news. Both are horrible sources for information.

Cheebo

Banned
Where did I say I trusted him? I didn't. I think Mark Hughes is full of shit most of the time too.

The point I was trying to make was the ridiculous notion of how someone is more right than the other based on which way you want to interpret the news. Both are horrible sources for information.
Not saying Jett is infallible. Just that he has had a past and known to have accurate scoops before, Hughes is no different than you or I and has never leaked anything, all he does is try to hype up whatever the next DC movie is. He has never been a source of anything. I am more talking about the absurd claim in posts in this thread that a nonsensical shill like Hughes somehow debunked it and so the thread should be locked.

Hughes can't debunk anything. He is a random Forbes contributor who likes to proclaim whatever the next DC movie is is going to be the one to get a MCU like critics/audience reception lol.

Penguin

I mean it's essentially a study in confirmation bias or he said/he said.

There's no way to prove either party right or wrong at the moment so people will believe whichever fits their wanted narrative.

Cheebo

Banned
I mean it's essentially a study in confirmation bias or he said/he said.

There's no way to prove either party right or wrong at the moment so people will believe whichever fits their wanted narrative.

I mean when someone who declared Suicide Squad wasn't a mess and was on track for positive reviews says the same about Justice League when he was dead wrong about Suicide Squad that makes them pretty easy to raise an eyebrow at. Jett actually at the very least likes the DCEU and is a fan of it, he isn't Devin Faraci trying to tear it down. Dude is a lifelong DC fanboy.

But either way it is he said she said, I agree. It was just more hilarious that someone declared Hughes to have debunked Jett so the thread should be locked as if Hughes was anything but a laughingstock. Would be like saying a thread about a negative leak about Trump should be locked because a random Trump fan from The_Donald said it wasn't true.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Cheebo you can call me out for saying the thread should be locked, I don't care. It's bullshit click bait and it drives me crazy. Jett puts a throw away (it's a mess) in some article not even about JL and people jump all over it as if it's 100% truth. The main point was the Batman stuff anyway, which Affleck himself just LAST NIGHT cleared up and put to rest.

Was it a bit hyperbolic? Yes. But c'mon, Jett's word is no better or worse than Hughes. They cancel each other out at this point.

Cheebo

Banned
Yeah, Cheebo you can call me out for saying the thread should be locked, I don't care. It's bullshit click bait and it drives me crazy. Jett puts a throw away (it's a mess) in some article not even about JL and people jump all over it as if it's 100% truth. The main point was the Batman stuff anyway, which Affleck himself just LAST NIGHT cleared up and put to rest.

Was it a bit hyperbolic? Yes. But c'mon, Jett's word is no better or worse than Hughes. They cancel each other out at this point.
Jett's word is better, come on that is crazy. He isn't perfect but Jett has been around 20 years and has had actual real leaks and scoops proven accurate about DC and WB films before.

Hughes is just a random fanboy one in a million Forbes contributor who makes his name on proclaiming whatever the next DC movie is is going to be the one critics like and prove the haters wrong who has no history of actual leaks at all. Not the same thing here.

I am not the only one to jump on that post by BoF, it spread all over the various comic book sites and forums, someone else would have leaped on it and posted it in no time. If Jett posts a rumor/leak it gets reported on everywhere. That is just how it always tends to go.

J_Viper

SS bombed with critics, but it made almost as much as Guardians did, without China, and it's not even kid friendly like Guardians is.

How is he wrong about SS not doing well with audiences?

Cheebo

Banned
SS bombed with critics, but it made almost as much as Guardians did, without China, and it's not even kid friendly like Guardians is.

How is he wrong about SS not doing well with audiences?

He said it would do well with critics. Not as positive as GOTG but would be mostly positive.

Busty

Banned
Jett's word is better, that is a fact come on that is crazy. He isn't perfect but Jett has been around 20 years and has had actual real leaks and scoops proven accurate about DC and WB films before.

Hughes is just a random fanboy one in a million Forbes contributor who makes his name on proclaiming whatever the next DC movie is is going to be the one critics like and prove the haters wrong who has no history of actual leaks at all. Not the same thing here.

I am not the only one to jump on that post by BoF, it spread all over the various comic book sites and forums, someone else would have leaped on it and posted it in no time. If Jett posts a rumor/leak it gets reported on everywhere. That is just how it always tends to go.

You're fucking insane if you are genuinely arguing about who is squeezing out the most trust worth rumours. At this point it's Schrödinger's cat. How can we know for sure if the film is any good if no one can actually see the film?

If, and I stress IF, Justice League is a genuine mess neither of these two will have a clue about it. I actually know people who actually do business at WB and that place is locked down tight. If there are industry rumours they are well out of earshot of anyone who runs a fucking blog.

The rumours that BvS turned out poorly didn't start to surface in the industry (before the web) until a month or so before release IIRC and before that not even people in the business I knew had heard anything.

So how is some guy running a Batman blog going to get the inside word nearly ten fucking months before the film comes out?! I doubt they've even out together a proper assembly cut yet.

But this sort of thing is the oil that turns the wheels of the Internet. It's 50/50. If the film is terrible then all the trolls can claim to have the inside track when in fact none of them do and if it's good everyone will have forgotten this because film news and rumour is a 24/7 industry and seeing as how Hollywood doesn't get back up to speed with deal making until after Sundance it's quiet and people need to gossip on forums.

I genuinely wonder if Logan will make a lot of money. Hands down the best looking comic movie this year, but it's also like The Road lite. A two hour emotional gut punch where these characters are old, down, and feeble. Doesn't seem to have any huge action scenes with explosions and lasers. We'll see.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I genuinely wonder if Logan will make a lot of money. Hands down the best looking comic movie this year, but it's also like The Road lite. A two hour emotional gut punch where these characters are old, down, and feeble. Doesn't seem to have any huge action scenes with explosions and lasers. We'll see.
I'm in the same boat. I have this gut feeling it's only gonna pull in like 400m world wide due to the R rating. It doesn't have the same funny/tone that Deadpool had to drive in the general audiences.

Ninjimbo

James Mangold is behind it so the movie has my trust. I still maintain that The Wolverine is a 70% great movie until it falls off a cliff.

Logan is actually the first movie starring wolverine that I'm actually looking forward to.

Always a fan of superheros get old thing, that's why I loved Ben's Batman and his "I've seen some shit attitude".

Only if he shares it with Fincher. Imagine that goodness....

Wonder Woman's main baddie is confirmed to be Ares. Translated quotes.

Chris Pine: I play a pilot who works for the Allies and spies on the Germans without their knowledge. My character steals a notebook filled with scientific formulas in an Ottoman base, he steals a plane but is shot down in the open sea.

Behind these scientific formulas, there is a deadly gas that could well annihilate humanity. It turns out that it might interest Ares, the god of war. He is jealous of humanity, which is a creation of his father, the deceased Zeus (the Amazons and Zeus rebelled against Ares and Zeus died from the hand of his son)…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom