• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
v for vendetta was kinda wack. great music though, and the wachowskis didn't direct that.

Speed Racer...love that movie. Think its one of the better live action family movies we've gotten this century.

Also damn dude the only channing tatum movie you've seen is GI Joe 2? 21 Jump Street and Hail Caesar are so dope.

edit: Babe 2 was amazing but yeah Happy Feet 2 was trash. oh well, no director is flawless. And he bounced back with a god-tier movie anyways.

guek

Banned
I enjoyed Sense 8.

Speed Racer isn't a masterpiece film (a little too long, and tone is occasionally uneven) but it's still a goddamn work of art

I enjoy the Matrix sequels too despite them not living up to the original. In fact, I think they're better than your average CBM and better than anything in the DCEU so far.

Jupiter Ascending was hot garbage but I'd still trust the Wachowskis with adapting just about any comic book property, especially considering how they approached adapting both Speed Racer and V for Vendetta.

LionPride

Banned
Sounds like you're stubborn, haha.

Bruh I have so much more that I actually want to see including a lot of this year Oscar Nominees

Last year's

and a bunch of stuff on Netflix

and the OJ 30 for 30

and I gotta rewatch the Nolan Batman trilogy again soon

I gotta see I am not Your Negro

I gotta see Get Out

and I don't have time to do any of this plus watch Speed Racer

Do yourself a favor and watch 21 Jump Street

Just saying, the movie is good. I don't mean like fanboy BvS style good, actually good :)

Aight shit you may have convinced me

Ashhong

v for vendetta was kinda wack. great music though, and the wachowskis didn't direct that.

Speed Racer...love that movie. Think its one of the better live action family movies we've gotten this century.

Also damn dude the only channing tatum movie you've seen is GI Joe 2? 21 Jump Street and Hail Caesar are so dope.

edit: Babe 2 was amazing but yeah Happy Feet 2 was trash. oh well, no director is flawless. And he bounced back with a god-tier movie anyways.

I can't tell if the "babe 2 is amazing" stuff troll or not. How good coild this movie have been?! It was in the Batman director thread too

Ashhong

Anyway, my whole point was just that I never see their name get brought up. They have to be, imo, one of the strongest choices in the WB house, especially considering the material

I am still hella excited for Wonder Woman.

685870fc7a1c591528769cdebb7385e92ddf1f4afdd98f210a24ae5c2e9c7e99.gif

It would be lowkey awesome if this scene in particular didn't have her kill anyone but just use the lasso (and her fists should the occasion arise ;D) to disarm them and knock em out for a bit.

I mean I know it doesn't happen given we see her with her shield and sword out during what I'm assuming is the same scene as the lasso portion of the comic-con trailer, but still.

Anyway, my whole point was just that I never see their name get brought up. They have to be, imo, one of the strongest choices in the WB house, especially considering the material

Cause they had two massive bombs for Warner Bros.

Easy for people to suggest them when they aren't cutting the $250M check.

guek

Banned
I can't tell if the "babe 2 is amazing" stuff troll or not. How good coild this movie have been?! It was in the Batman director thread too
Have you even seen the first Babe?

Shit is straight up dope, bruh. "You'll believe a pig can herd sheep"

Ashhong

Cause they had two massive bombs for Warner Bros.

Easy for people to suggest them when they aren't cutting the $250M check.

Yes but they were also huge successes for them at one time. Also, the majority of their last few movies were funded by other sources. Also, Snyders two movies before Superman were Guardians and Sucker Punch (unless I'm mistaken)

Have you even seen the first Babe?

Shit is straight up dope, bruh. "You'll believe a pig can herd sheep"

Dude...I still can't tell. I'm sure I saw the first in elementary school or something.

yeah the babe movies are great. we've been used to thinking talking animal movies are garbage because of the shit you seen in the last couple decades but Babe 1 and 2 are solid.

it's a pretty good case for veganism too haha.

The Babe movies are solid.

Yes but they were also huge successes for them at one time. Also, the majority of their last few movies were funded by other sources. Also, Snyders two movies before Superman were Guardians and Sucker Punch (unless I'm mistaken)

Would you really want to give $250M to them when their last three films haven't even broken $50M at the domestic box office - where studios see their biggest share of the sales?

Ashhong

The Babe movies are solid.

Would you really want to give $250M to them when their last three films haven't even broken $50M at the domestic box office - where studios see their biggest share of the sales?

I mean, I can only point again to Snyder lol. His last two were huge failures. All I'm saying is they definitely should not be counted out by Warner.

I mean, I can only point again to Snyder lol. His last two were huge failures. All I'm saying is they definitely should not be counted out by Warner.

As I said in the OT thread about why Snyder gets work, he's a 3+:1 ratio in terms of box office:budget for Warner Bros.

Also, the Owl movie wasn't exactly a failure. It made $140M and cost $80M. Wachowski's were bombing with $120M+ budgets (Jupiter being $180M). Zack was doing it with $80M.

Ashhong

More high thoughts: losing Zimmer was the biggest blow to the DCEU. I feel like Junkie did most of the work in BvS and it shows. Also, I wish his MoS game was as strong as his Interstellar. Mostly I just miss him. Music can always save a movie for me, and it's one of the things I want the most in MCU

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
What is wrong with you people, goddamn DC fans. Will defend everything.

MoS 10/10

The first rule of DCEU club is we don't talk about the theatrical cut of BvS

The second rule of DCEU club is we don't talk about the theatrical cut of BvS

BvS UC 10/10

SS 1/10

There is another cut of SS? *shrugs*

Raptor

Same, I haven't seen Sense8, I have no interest to, but they ain't really done shit since 1999 with a movie that is fully their own

Reloaded - Aight
Revolutions - Trash
Speed Racer - Trash
Cloud Atlas - Double Tras
h
Jupiter Ascending - What the fuck yo

You are wrong on the bolded, as simple as that.

Raptor

Cloud Atlas is trash tier

Like fuck that movie, it is boring as all hell, I didn't care about anyone and did I mention it was boring. That may be the worst sin for a movie

You gotta appreciate Hanks accent man, jeez.

Scores:

MoS : 7/10
BvS TC : 2/10
BvS UC : 2.5/10
SS : 1.2/10

Peru

Cloud Atlas is a gloriously exciting story and they nearly pulled it all off. Some of the stories are affecting and provoking. Jupiter Ascending is a hot mess but entertainingly so. Tons of visual ideas thrown at you.

LionPride

Banned
Cloud Atlas is a gloriously exciting story and they nearly pulled it all off. Some of the stories are affecting and provoking. Jupiter Ascending is a hot mess but entertainingly so. Tons of visual ideas thrown at you.

JA is not entertaining in any way, shape, or form

that movie is hot shit with acid on it

Atlas is just boring as all fuck oh my God

Raptor

You cant put all blame of Cloud Atlas on them, that movie got directed like by 2 more directors apart from them.

Jupiter Ascending has more visually interesting shit on screen than a lot of movies lately.

4700464-3474577053-jupit.jpg

That has little to do with the clip and more to do with the momentum of Marvel vs the momentum of DC films at the moment, if BVS was an Oscar contender you can bet your bottom dollar people would be anxious for JL.

Despite what the mods of NeoGAF want you to believe, nobody cares about Thor outside of the Avengers movies. Until the Team Thor video.

It would be great if Thor 3 was basically an extension of that skit. Why they hired waititi just to direct the movie is baffling. Such a dumb move.

He should have written it too, and hell get Rhys Darby to be the new odin and Jermaine Clement as new loki lol

Going full on goofy would be interesting for Thor. Because the first two already failed at being badass or engaging. Hopefully the focus on gladiator Hulk will make things more enjoyable

The Doctor Strange post-credit scene featuring Thor was pretty funny and very Taika-like and apparently that's from the middle of Ragnarok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom