• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
We already have an older Batman, I just need a Nightwing movie, If the cards are played right he could be the closest WB has to a Spiderman kind of character, but with better love interests who could kick ass alongside him: Batgirl/ Starfire.

And then make him Batman.

<_<
>_>

*runs*

It's not hard for a character like punisher to carry anything. Death Wish, Death Sentence, Equalizer. It's just a dude fueled by revenge shooting people and it's worked plenty of times. What you gotta do is make the villains and overarching plot interesting as well.

What I am worried about is them shoehorning some boring ass Karen page into it. God damn I hope her role is miniscule

Edit: John wick. Fuck the trope has been rehashed every year. Just give us some good action and gunplay. That's all we ask.

Raptor

I wish they gave Stephen Chow some good budget to make some comicbook movie, I recently saw Journey to the West and god damn, brilliant stuff.

Raptor

Now that's a good movie right there

There is a scene in which the main character is locked up and the girl enters with a mimic charm on her back but the other girl got mad with someone and instead of being sexy she started to yell "stop spraying me" and the dude wanted to pee but didnt started I was lmao so hard at that.

firelogic

Zack posted this BvS before and after VFX reel just a few minutes ago: https://vimeo.com/203167783

Edit: I think it was shared a little while back, but seems Zack uploaded it to his production company's Vimeo an hour ago and shared it.

Double edit: There is some new stuff in there compared to the other one.

Damn, I didn't realize how much CGI was in the movie. There are several scenes that I thought were shot on location but were green screened.

Even the behind the scenes featurette is epic. Snyder and his team don't know how to do anything that's not epic.

Effect

Damn, I didn't realize how much CGI was in the movie. There are several scenes that I thought were shot on location but were green screened.

Even the behind the scenes featurette is epic. Snyder and his team don't know how to do anything that's not epic.

Same. I thought there was more on location shooting but seemingly not. It makes more sense why they mainly shot in studio with Justice League. They clearly don't need to do extensive location shooting. At least Snyder doesn't with the team he has. I don't doubt we're going to see stuff in Justice League where people will swear up and down isn't CG but turns out to be. Then again Snyder does use stuff that turns out to be real but people swear was CG. Like the actual statue of Superman. Almost all of it was real but people were so sure it was all CG.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't location shooting actually a lot more expensive then using a CG and sound stages?

Ross61

Hasn't it been said in here that he's reliable? What changed?

I've just shared his set visits, never once stood up for the guy... And I'm pretty sure that many people here have said his rumor average ain't good.

I'm say this tho, it's not like a big director like Matt Reeves coming isn't going to change something if he signs on.

IconGrist

Same. I thought there was more on location shooting but seemingly not. It makes more sense why they mainly shot in studio with Justice League. They clearly don't need to do extensive location shooting. At least Snyder doesn't with the team he has. I don't doubt we're going to see stuff in Justice League where people will swear up and down isn't CG but turns out to be. Then again Snyder does use stuff that turns out to be real but people swear was CG. Like the actual statue of Superman. Almost all of it was real but people were so sure it was all CG.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't location shooting actually a lot more expensive then using a CG and sound stages?

Yea, licensing fees can be a bitch. Much easier/cheaper to just build the shit in a program and render it.

We should be celebrating that Geoff John's script is being rewritten. I bet he was the reason why Affleck was shitting on the script for the last few months. Breh belongs on comics and cw shows. Hopefully Matt Reeves signs on and works with Affleck on the script.

Ross61

We should be celebrating that Geoff John's script is being rewritten. I bet he was the reason why Affleck was shitting on the script for the last few months. Breh belongs on comics and cw shows. Hopefully Matt Reeves signs on and works with Affleck on the script.
If we're believing Mark Hughes then John's ain't the reason.

Don't know about the costs, but Snyder cited the logistics of filming in a city (closing streets, etc) as being a reason he'd rather just be in a sound stage.

IconGrist

Since OT seems to only like negative news here's some (relatively) positive fo yo ass.

I’m also excited for the fact that, from the little glimpses we’ve gotten to see so far, it seems like there is going to be a bit of a lighter tone. You have Flash coming in, which obviously lightens the tone quite a bit.

Second Unit Director Damon Caro:
"...People try to say that it’s a response to the backlash, and I’d definitely say that criticisms were heard, but it’s not like we threw everything out and started with a blank slate..."

More at the link.
It's not the full interview. Just a piece. The rest will be posted later this week.

Joe Mangianello am cry

If Deathstroke isnt actually involved with the Justice League plot, then a Batman script rewrite might mean he's out of there

Edit:
These Mark Hughes articles are getting out of hand though. He might've been daMag3d by the Ben news

Ross61

Mark Hughes says the script getting a complete rewrite, McWeeny says they're using the current script and that everyone else is just speculating....

200.gif

You damn well know that quote is gonna get shitted on for like 4 pages lol

Nigga who cares?! LOL The people that don't come in here that are fans will be glad to hear sone good news for a change. Why anyone would make decisions about what threads to make based on other poster's opinions is just..fuck, dude..

Dead

well not really...yet
Since OT seems to only like negative news here's some (relatively) positive fo yo ass.

More at the link.
It's not the full interview. Just a piece. The rest will be posted later this week.
People continuously ignore that Chris Terrio himself, nearly a month before BvS released, said that Justice League was going to have a lighter more hopeful tone after the darker middle chapter of BvS.

There may have been some additional adjustments, but the lighter and more hopeful tone was literally always the plan. The subtitle of BvS is literally Dawn of Justice for fucks sake!

BadAss2961

Mark Hughes says the script getting a complete rewrite, McWeeny says they're using the current script and that everyone else is just speculating....

200.gif
Nobody knows shit. These guys often take stances on 50/50 odds, and sometimes they're right, sometimes they're wrong.
&#128533; Why not just make the thread? People like positive news..

Not worth a thread. A lot of the negative articles aren't worth one either, but that shit sells.

I know, this people sometimes I swear!!

you ain't fooling anybody with this act. I demand you love BvS with the same fervor we do right this minute. you know the cool kids table ain't for you.

You damn well know that quote is gonna get shitted on for like 4 pages lol

Besides there's too many dc threads in OT. It was like back in the day when we got marvel shit so much.

Nobody knows shit. These guys often take stances on 50/50 odds, and sometimes they're right, sometimes they're wrong.

Not worth a thread. A lot of the negative articles aren't worth one either, but that shit sells.

no! they have to join us in the sun!

It's gonna be strange seeing Snyder make a hopeful family hero movie tho. I never bothered with gahooole but everything else he's made and his influences too have always been more badass and grim in tone

Nothing wrong with that tho. But hopefully this shift works out.

We should be celebrating that Geoff Johns' script is being rewritten. I bet he was the reason why Affleck was shitting on the script for the last few months. Breh belongs on comics and cw shows. Hopefully Matt Reeves signs on and works with Affleck on the script.

Maaaaan, don't play that bullshit. It was Affleck's script too.

guek

Banned
Er, I'll be surprised if JL ends up feeling like a "family hero movie." Lighter than BvS, sure, but that aint a tall order.

BadAss2961

OT on their reboot fantasy. The Batman can be a reboot. Aquaman can be a reboot. A Harley Quinn movie can be a reboot. Shit that doesn't even involve Flash.

Can someone explain to me what exactly it is you'd be rebooting if you were to soft reboot this universe? What is there to reboot?

OT on their reboot fantasy. The Batman can be a reboot. Aquaman can be a reboot. A Harley Quinn movie can be a reboot. Shit that doesn't even involve Flash.

Can someone explain to me what exactly it is you'd be rebooting if you were to soft reboot this universe? What is there to reboot?

Jared Leto's Joker out of existence would be a great place to start.

Standalone elseworlds movies. Or just making whatever the hell they want and dismissing continuity like they seem to be doing with legion and Logan (and deadpool) at Fox this year

Cinematic universes are overrated. I don't think it's worth the trouble WB has been going through to get this all to work out like they want. Just give it all to snyder or take it away from him. This half assing has made for some bumpy productions.

I like the flashlight analogy the guy uses. Yet to be seen if it's pulled off but great in theory. Sorta reminds me of something Nolan said about his Trilogy and gradually with each film bringing Batman into daylight.

BadAss2961

Standalone elseworlds movies. Or just making whatever the hell they want and dismissing continuity like they seem to be doing with legion and Logan (and deadpool) at Fox this year

Cinematic universes are overrated. I don't think it's worth the trouble WB has been going through
MoS/BvS and Suicide Squad are wildly different from each other, they might as well be standalones.

Standalone format sounds good in theory, but realistically, it brings us back to square one where it's harder for characters unrelated to Batman or Superman to get their own movies. Didn't come this far just to do that again.

Yeah. I've liked the ideas snyder tried to bring to his superman in the first two movies but I'm about ready for good boy superman now. He can be such a good superhero when he finally drops the self doubt and existentialism

Also give us more lois bath scenes &#128064;
Have her type all her articles while she's in the bath.

Honestly Snyder ogles the buff men in his movies more than the women. His signature move is a slow pan from the face to the abs. And he has Dr Manhattan wearing less than the comics, which was a weird change as the pieces of clothing were a sign of where John's head was at the time. But

Get your emoji game up, Gordon

As for those Batman rumours (if there's any truth to them), I'm not gonna pretend that this is ideal but it probably would be the best course of action. You don't wanna fuck up another movie with your most bankable character.

I have a feeling in my gut, the rumor about Hammer taking over the role becomes more and more likely the longer this can gets kicked down the road, especially if WW and JL run into the same buzzsaw as BvS and SS.

Ashhong

I have a feeling in my gut, the rumor about Hammer taking over the role becomes more and more likely the longer this can gets kicked down the road, especially if WW and JL run into the same buzzsaw as BvS and SS.

Same. Maybe it's all the rumors getting to me but he just doesn't seem very happy with the role

If I was Affleck I would want out of this universe too. More fake news bullshit than the goddamn presidency.

It's Marvels fault. Their president works alongside trump now. They are using their fake news alt facts tactics on DC movies too

Follow the clues. ***********

(Lmao info wars is a blocked phrase. Gaf is working with the lizard ppl)

Ninjimbo

More at the link.
Damon Caro talking about JL? Gimme more! He basically confirms the arc we have all speculated about in that quote.

It's gonna be strange seeing Snyder make a hopeful family hero movie tho. I never bothered with gahooole but everything else he's made and his influences too have always been more badass and grim in tone

Nothing wrong with that tho. But hopefully this shift works out.
Be careful not to expect anything derivative. If Snyder has his way, it's going to be different.

I watched Gahoole way back when, before I even knew Snyder directed it, and I was surprised by how sophisticated it was for a kid's movie. Apart from looking gorgeous (one of the better looking CG animated films) the story is pretty grim. Of course it's nothing kids wouldn't be able to handle, but you will see Owls putting on armor and trying to stab each with steel claws. Characters get killed and the villain is nasty. It's a weird movie but it fits well into Snyder's catalogue. It's ironic as Zack himself would say.

I still think Dawn of the Dead is a good indicator of how Snyder is going to handle the group dynamic and the jokes. I guess the question is, do you think Terrio is a better comedic writer than James Gunn? Shit I would kill for those two to work together again. Too bad Gunn is stuck on fucking Guardians. He would have made a real Suicide Squad movie lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom