• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Firemind

Wonder Woman is going to be LIT cause my homeboy SNYDER is supervising the action. Y'all seen 300 right? King Leonidas is going to pale compared to our QUEEN'S ass kicking.

J_Viper

Derailing the thread with a new pic of Ben and his gigantic head

uEUR8M4.jpg

At this point I don't need a third trailer, WW is close enough.

What does have my jimmies rustled though is only 1 movie slated for 2018. I waited like 3 fucking years after Man of Steel for my 2-3 movies a year and now we're only getting aquaman next year. I don't care about Batfamily movies and those are the only likely contenders for 2018 as well.

Firemind

What does have my jimmies rustled though is only 1 movie slated for 2018. I waited like 3 fucking years after Man of Steel for my 2-3 movies a year and now we're only getting aquaman next year. I don't care about Batfamily movies and those are the only likely contenders for 2018 as well.
Aquaman, Batman solo and JL2 are enough for me. Fuck the Batfamily.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member

I'm with you man. 2018 only having one movie and alllllllll the way in December, sucks big time. Not moving Flash ahead really fucked them. I really wish they'd just jump ahead with Gotham City Sirens for June/August 2018. That seems to have been in development for a few months now, they have to have SOMETHING to go off by now.

guek

Banned
I'm with you man. 2018 only having one movie and alllllllll the way in December, sucks big time. Not moving Flash ahead really fucked them. I really wish they'd just jump ahead with Gotham City Sirens for June/August 2018. That seems to have been in development for a few months now, they have to have SOMETHING to go off by now.

Remember what happened the last time Ayer was rushed?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Remember what happened the last time Ayer was rushed?
It's been far more than 6 weeks and he's not writing it, is he? He's just directing it. Sirens was being worked on before they announced it on Dec 13 of 2016. So it's had a minimum of 5 months of script time. It should be done by now. If they start production on it in like July of this year, I bet they could get it out by next August (Aug 17th would work great as of now) if they wanted to. Go easy on the CG and make it more "Daredevil"/heist movie.

Ayer is still working on Bright, which doesn't release on Netflix until December. So it's hard to say how long he's obligated to work on it.

Penguin

I mean they can have another movie in 2018... though would be in the back half, but if on a timetable like Dark Phoenix/Venom it's possible.

Though looking more unlikely.

We got Wonder Woman trailer 2 in front of GotG along with the latest trailers for Spider-man and Ragnarok. Was cool to see them on the big screen but my cinema started doing this thing where they leave the lights on through the trailers so you can barely see shit.

J_Viper

We got Wonder Woman trailer 2 in front of GotG along with the latest trailers for Spider-man and Ragnarok. Was cool to see them on the big screen but my cinema started doing this thing where they leave the lights on through the trailers so you can barely see shit.

Maybe it's too early, but not showing JL in front of Guardians seems like a mistake.

Been wondering what's the best option. For a second movie next year.

Of course, I'll always prefer a Question movie but if not that, they shouldn't release anything besides Aquaman.

They are not at the stage where they can confidently produce another movie in such a short time. Besides mentioning the rushed Suicide Squad flick, they don't know how audiences will react or favor these next two movies. I hope they're good but they need to wait.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Been wondering what's the best option. For a second movie next year.

Of course, I'll always prefer a Question movie but if not that, they shouldn't release anything besides Aquaman.

They are not at the stage where they can confidently produce another movie in such a short time. Besides mentioning the rushed Suicide Squad flick, they don't know how audiences will react or favor these next two movies. I hope they're good but they need to wait.
Speaking of The Question, on Kevin Smith's last Fatman on Batman YouTube video, he said that he and Mark actually worked on a treatment for WB, but it never went anywhere. He didn't say how long ago it was, but I get the feeling it must've been within the past 2 years or so.

Maybe it's too early, but not showing JL in front of Guardians seems like a mistake.

Unless it's a studio releasing the movie and demanding a trailer be attached to it, it's up to the discretion of the theater employee putting it all together. So nothing is really guaranteed.

So you're saying it's Marvel's fault

/s

From what I was told by someone I was on good speaking terms with at my theater of choice, he said they get the film and they get an email or whatever with demands and suggestions from studios. They don't really have to be met, but usually demands are met and then suggestions are just that.. suggestions.

So in order for a DC trailer to be attached to a Marvel film or vice versa, one studio would have to do the other a solid and request it unless you have a savvy theater employee.

I don't know, it might have changed since I last asked about the process.

J_Viper

From what I was told by someone I was on good speaking terms with at my theater of choice, he said they get the film and they get an email or whatever with demands and suggestions from studios. They don't really have to be met, but usually demands are met and then suggestions are just that.. suggestions.

So in order for a DC trailer to be attached to a Marvel film or vice versa, one studio would have to do the other a solid and request it unless you have a savvy theater employee.

I don't know, it might have changed since I last asked about the process.

That's actually interesting. I always thought trailers came attached to the film. Didn't know the staff had an input.

That's actually interesting. I always thought trailers came attached to the film. Didn't know the staff had an input.

Some of them are attached, but not all. Again, this was a conversation I had a couple years back now. I don't even know if they work there anymore, haven't seen them in awhile, but I also don't go to the theater as often either.

guek

Banned
It's been far more than 6 weeks and he's not writing it, is he? He's just directing it. Sirens was being worked on before they announced it on Dec 13 of 2016. So it's had a minimum of 5 months of script time. It should be done by now. If they start production on it in like July of this year, I bet they could get it out by next August (Aug 17th would work great as of now) if they wanted to. Go easy on the CG and make it more "Daredevil"/heist movie.
The time it takes to write a good script is not a known quantity. Sometimes good scripts get written in weeks, sometimes in years. I don't think we know who is even writing it yet, and WB might even have multiple scripts in various stages of writing and workshopping.

BadAss2961

I thought we had a writer on Sirens. I'm sure they had a name on the press release. A lady I think.
Geneva Robertson-Dworet.

Tomb Raider and Sherlock 3 are rolling with her scripts.

Btw, this was announced back in mid-December already. Time is flying by.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
The time it takes to write a good script is not a known quantity. Sometimes good scripts get written in weeks, sometimes in years. I don't think we know who is even writing it yet, and WB might even have multiple scripts in various stages of writing and workshopping.
I get what you're saying, but at the same time this isn't some random auteur movie that a writer/director has been trying to get made for the past 6 years. It's part of a WB machine in a shared universe. Just like the Marvel movies, they get writers assigned and they get written in a few months to start production at a certain date.

5 months is more than enough time for a "comicbook movie", especially since Ayer isn't splitting time by having to write it. Roberston-Dworet is just a writer and will spend all her time writing it. I'm sure Ayer is giving notes and some broad strokes of what he wants to see, but it seems WB learned their lesson last time and aren't letting him do everything. Especially since, like you said, he has other projects to work on.

Obviously none of us know what's going on behind the scenes. I'm just presenting the best case scenario for what information we have and wanting to see a 2nd DC movie get released in 2018. Aquaman being so FX heavy totally makes sense to have just a long time from production to release, but Sirens shouldn't command nearly the same budget or post FX work.

You know Suicide Squad almost sat in post for a year right? I don't know why people think they'd film and release a movie before Aquaman at this point.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
You know Suicide Squad almost sat in post for a year right? I don't know why people think they'd film and release a movie before Aquaman at this point.
So did BvS.... They could've put both of those movies out sooner if they wanted to, but held off to pixel fuck them to no end or just hit quarterly profits (I dunno), haha. I realize it's probably NOT going to happen, but man would it be cool. I don't want to wait 13 months after JL to see another DC movie.

c27a25101d084d668632c060f5d152721811434fba0c3d91c2504b513d0d624f.jpg

Top Bottom